Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I'd encourage you to start from scratch if you'd like to experience such epic moments again. Think that.. the lvl up is sadly ridiculously fast, you'll keep most of your achis and mounts and you'll easily make gold now.
    As I said, I already play Alliance. (I play both) I was just thinking of transfering an old Horde character.

Thank you anyway, I agree with most of what you said cause I've been there.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2013-01-10 at 01:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Take care not to call for bloodlust in a bossfight, people will not really be flaming you but something that comes quite close.
    If in doubt, call for warp, or even "Go to warp".

Don't expect to win a lot of Silvershard Mines if you play in the EU-En region. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    TRAITOR ! How dare you?! I kid, I'm changing for alliance to try something new.. Just be careful when around gnomes, cannot be trusted.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Night elves are awful

Before you change, save/rename your WTF and cache files or else your macro's will be erased

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Get ready to play with players 17 and younger bro!
    Same thing on Horde side,both factions have 10y/r olds running around.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance are identical to the Horde with regards to their player base.

You win AV and IoC more often, and lose the other battlegrounds more often.

And that's it.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    Same thing on Horde side,both factions have 10y/r olds running around.
    Naa-aa! We horde have 40+ years olds iz much better!

Generalizations are fun!

Apparently your progress in the 'Test of Valor' Achievement (Black Prince chain) is resetting when people Transfer atm. So if you're like 3000/6000, you might want to reconsider transferring just yet (If you can hold off), finish that Quest and then come over. Otherwise, welcome to the side with respectable housing in our main city

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    My advice is to do a thorough look into the different weapon models in the game that your character can equip and then check the source for any you might one day want and make certain any that are Horde quest only are attained before switching.

Example: Shovel of Mercy
    Great idea, thanks.

Apparently your progress in the 'Test of Valor' Achievement (Black Prince chain) is resetting when people Transfer atm. So if you're like 3000/6000, you might want to reconsider transferring just yet (If you can hold off), finish that Quest and then come over. Otherwise, welcome to the side with respectable housing in our main city
    I'm glad that I'm done with that, then .

Also, Silvermoon is pretty neat when it comes to housing !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Any idea on what I'll be losing, more specifically ?

I didn't know I'd lose exploring achievements, I thought they would "transfer" them. Same thing for the argent crusade thingies.
    A lot of your quests get wiped. If you use the Cata portals in Orgrimmar, they won't be available to you in Stormwind. You'll need to do the opening quests to open those zones again. You'll lose the Argent Tournament rep stuff as well. I remember when I swapped factions, I lost a few hundred achievement points. The dates on my achievements are messed up too, and they all show as being when I transferred, not when I actually got the achieve. Just FYI - get ready for more ragey/snotty/emo types. I've been both factions on several servers, and that's typically been my experience.
    Last edited by Quackie; 2013-01-10 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Change your race to Dwarf. Everybody loves Dwarves.

Oh the irony of this post...

Thanks for the laugh, you made my day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beef, its whats for dinner.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackie View Post
    A lot of your quests get wiped. If you use the Cata portals in Orgrimmar, they won't be available to you in Stormwind. You'll need to do the opening quests to open those zones again. You'll lose the Argent Tournament rep stuff as well. I remember when I swapped factions, I lost a few hundred achievement points. The dates on my achievements are messed up too, and they all show as being when I transferred, not when I actually got the achieve. Just FYI - get ready for more ragey/snotty/emo types. I've been both factions on several servers, and that's typically been my experience.
    The Cata portals too ? Damn.

Thank you.

I made the switch a year or so ago, had a guild based out of an online community I was part of that I wanted to join and since literally every single person I knew who played wow at one point or another had quit, there was nothing left for me on arthas/horde.

The ONLY thing I remember sucking was I lost all my argent tournament achievements. The worst part about this was I had almost 500 of those tokens to buy heirlooms, I wanted to level up a few alts at my new home. Had to redo argent tournament entirely before buying, lol.

oh and your tol barad wins get reset, I was like 2 away from the achieve and now ill probably never get it.
    Last edited by Zoneseek; 2013-01-10 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Take care not to call for bloodlust in a bossfight, people will not really be flaming you but something that comes quite close.
    Most Alliance players call it lust cause it sounds "cooler" to do it, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    No you won´t lose exploring archi, but you will lose all faction especific archivements, like the argent crusade archis
    You won't lose the achievements, but the toons rep/quest progress will be completely reset.

Both factions have the same community.
    The only difference you will notice is that alliance is doing things in a much more strategic and organized way while hordes tend to prefer suicide small numbered hits.
    That was up to MoP. Then Garrosh decided to turn Horde into a militaristic society, while loosing favor of the nomads like Taurens and peaceful trolls etc and the alliance started using their SI for plenty of missions that sabotage the Horde machine in crucial moments.

Alliance has become the underdog. And usually underdogs bite hard.