Poll: Should we be able to view the photos?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Photos of Bin Laden's Body

Appeals court to consider release of photos of Bin Laden's body

What are your thoughts on the subject? I don't see why we shouldn't be able to see them.

added poll.
    Last edited by Dsfunctional; 2013-01-10 at 01:55 PM.

proving he's dead wouldn't hurt the US. if i had to guess, they can't prove he's dead

either they didn't kill him and instead came to an agreement with him (money can buy anyone, and he was a starving slob at that point), he died of natural causes and disappeared (he was old) or the body doesn't look enough like him to do anything but spark controversy

at this point i wonder if they even killed him. he's obviously dead or done being the leader of al-qaeda

<Tinfoil hat> The guy has been thru plastic surgery and looks completely different. Shaved off the beard and nobody will recognize him. He now lives happily on the US.</Tinfoil hat>
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quote Originally Posted by Dsfunctional View Post
    What are your thoughts on the subject? I don't see why we shouldn't be able to see them.
    I don't see why anybody should be able to see them. What's it good for? To saturate a void that has appeared since the renunciation of practices of public executions and crucifictions in the civilized western world?

I don't see what else it would bring except stirring rage among his supporters, further helping a solidification of a martyr figure and heating up intercultural and political conflicts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you need his photos? I'd rather not have any news on him and new pictures would mean a week worth of media coverage for him.

Releasing photos doesn't prove he's dead anyway. Pictures can be photoshopped. If the conspiracy nuts believe he's alive, they are going to keep believing it no matter what evidence is released.

Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    Releasing photos doesn't prove he's dead anyway. Pictures can be photoshopped. If the conspiracy nuts believe he's alive, they are going to keep believing it no matter what evidence is released.
    The conspiracy nuts wouldn't believe he was dead if his corpse turned up on their sofa with a "do your own DNA analysis" kit in his lap

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The conspiracy nuts wouldn't believe he was dead if his corpse turned up on their sofa with a "do your own DNA analysis" kit in his lap
    Well, it might be a clone!

Deleted
    It's usually best to leave a poll with only "Yes or No" answers available a little less coloured by personal opinion as it may skew the results, but, oh well.

I'm amazed by how hush-hush the 48 hours after the operation to 'deal' with him was deemed a success and how quickly they disposed of the body after 10+ years of looking for the guy, so, I would value the release of photographic evidence of his successful assassination (no point calling it by a nicer name, it's not like he was a nice guy himself). An enigmatic sea burial seemed ludicrous at the time, regardless of local custom.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    at this point i wonder if they even killed him. he's obviously dead or done being the leader of al-qaeda
    Al-Qaeda issued a statement after the raid saying he is dead. Why would they lie? One would think given any opportunity, they'd just love to point and laugh and go "NUH UH" at the USA.

I don't really care, but it wouldn't hurt I guess, as long as his head/face was intact enough to look like more then a squashed melon.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

I personally do not want to see them however I do think people should be able to see them if they want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather forget about him.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Al-Qaeda issued a statement after the raid saying he is dead. Why would they lie?
    I guess what fizzbob is going at is the difference between killing someone, and saying you killed someone that actually died of other causes. I don't know what Al-Qaeda said, if they confirmed that the US killed him or simply that he is dead, but if the latter, then it's logically possible that the US didn't kill him and that Al-Qaeda wasn't lying.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
    I guess what fizzbob is going at is the difference between killing someone, and saying you killed someone that actually died of other causes. I don't know what Al-Qaeda said, if they confirmed that the US killed him or simply that he is dead, but if the latter, then it's logically possible that the US didn't kill him and that Al-Qaeda wasn't lying.
    I don't have a transcript, but I am reasonably confident they confirmed he was "martyred" by the USA.

Well there are people that still believe the earth is flat and the lunar landing was faked.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Well there are people that still believe the earth is flat and the lunar landing was faked.
    And they continue to live in their little bubble of disbelief. Why would the bin Laden conspiracy nuts be any different?

10+ Year Old Account
    as with so many other things Freedom isn't unlimited, and therefore not always granted as such.
    Like in this case where it could result in extremely more violence and the death of "innocent" people.... I have to say, for politicians to claim such demand shows how incapable of carrying the task of a politician they are. Their interest is NOT the country, and the best of their and all people.
    I hope the court is going to struck them down.

And this is what's wrong with this country nowadays. Whatever happens, what ever someone does, in no matter what administration, there is always some jerk dragging shit to court over it. And people wonder why we can't get shit done, and why we have excessive spending. Right there, these things have to be eliminated, and we free tons of time, and save lots of money.

Who cares about such pictures? They never achieved anything.
    Like the famous Mussolini execution pics.... What did they change afterwards? NOTHING...
    Just another example how in some people still that primitive barbarian gen is alive and kicking, satisfaction from cruelty.. Congrats on proper evolution.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-01-10 at 03:15 PM.

And they continue to live in their little bubble of disbelief. Why would the bin Laden conspiracy nuts be any different?
    It does kind of feed the conspiracy to say "Hey we killed this guy and took pics but you will never see them!!". But like I said before, I don't care to personally see them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I don't have a transcript, but I am reasonably confident they confirmed he was "martyred" by the USA.
    If that is the case, I agree with you; there's no reason to doubt. I'd have to buy more tinfoil to even consider any conspiracy at that level.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio