Make mount speed account-wide.

This is something that should've been done long ago. Why is there a need to drop so much gold to go from one extreme to the next? This is very altoholic unfriendly. Hell, I'd rather remove the stupid 150% mount speed if anything, and make 310% speed a one time thing. Am I flying some intoxicated dragon or what? Looks like that dopey Invincible mount just chugging his way through the air.

I'd very, very, very, very much like either account wide speeds or account wide flying in areas when you're the appropriate levels (60, 68, and 90). I mostly say this because I'm annoyed at how much I have to spend on my plethora of alts just to have them fly in Pandaria
    I actually recently got stuck on the farm on one of my alts because I'm cheap, because a rep quest requires flying :x

Deleted
    It's a gold sink. I love alts but we have to much account wide stuff already and if I want to level an alt then I'm willing to pay for the flight speed.

It's called a gold sink for a reason.

short answer : no.
    long answer : between the insane amounts of gold you cash in while leveling, how easy it is even for alts to make gold and the reputations discount, your proposition would only make sense if flying comps cost were expentionnally increasing, which is not the case.
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

I'd really like for something like this to happen, sadly I doubt it ever will. Goldsinks were put in place intentionally and serves a purpose...I guess..somehow

Basically all you said was "Give me 10k gold per character I create".

If you don't want to pay - don't pay. Its not like flying speed is 60%, like it used to be.

It's easy to get 280% flying on every single toon - it's called "don't waste money while leveling". You make much much more gold while leveling than is needed to get 280% flying on your toon.

If you can't bring yourself to save the money for faster flying, then it is 100% your decision to not have it.

Clearly I don't want to pay for it, but why the hell would anyone want to move at the rate of molasses when trying to get anything done?

Here's an example. I guarantee there are many many many couples who have younger kids and they like running dungeons strictly to level together because its FUN for them. Do you think they'll make gold from dungeons? Fat chance(Not the Cougar Town version of this phrase!) So much for helping the casual players, guess we'll leave this beautiful SUPER IMPORTANT perk to the hardcores.

While this example doesn't pertain to me, I am just one among the millions of casual players who doesn't simply sit around farming all day for something like this.
    Last edited by Redbtk; 2013-01-10 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Basically all you said was "Give me 10k gold per character I create".
    Heck, they pretty much do that. If you level by questing, 70-90 will probably net you 10-15k. Sad to say, but that's how I make most of my gold

Quote Originally Posted by Redbtk View Post
    Clearly I don't want to pay for it, but why the hell would anyone want to move at the rate of molasses when trying to get anything done?

Here's an example. I guarantee there are many many many couples who have younger kids and they like running dungeons strictly to level together because its FUN for them. Do you think they'll make gold from dungeons? Fat chance(Not the Cougar Town version of this phrase!) So much for helping the casual players, guess we'll leave this beautiful SUPER IMPORTANT perk to the hardcores.

While this example doesn't pertain to me, I am just one among the millions of casual players who doesn't simply sit around farming all day for something like this.
    Mage ports, hearthstones, summoning stones, special porting items, etc. still exist and are readily available. Flight paths are all over and go at a decent speed. Faster mounts are completely a perk and not a necessity.

Mounts have gone down in price since they were introduced and you get 150% flight speed for cheap rather than the 60% you used to go for intro level. The cost is fine. I have 4 toons that I payed full price for 280% speed, they are my gathering toons. The rest all at the minimum and I rarely notice a problem. It would be nice though if Long, Strange Trip would give 310% for each alt you complete it on, but with the achievement/mount merging that won't likely happen.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so