10+ Year Old Account

Sims 3 Expansion pack in March

So I just watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w7hU7gAe00 and towards the end the box cover shows up with the "Maxis" logo shown on front, if I remember correctly Maxis hasn't been plastered on the front covers since Sims 2, are they now allowing the Maxis logo on the front? I only just noticed this, every other Sims 3 expansion I've had, there has been no Maxis logo anywhere on the cover, I don't think they're even on the loading menu in-game either. Have they always been hidden away or are they now finally getting back on board with the Sims franchise? If they are indeed getting back on board, I'm going to be pleased because they made Sims the best.

Any other Sims fans notice it or am I the only one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    So I just watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w7hU7gAe00 and towards the end the box cover shows up with the "Maxis" logo shown on front, if I remember correctly Maxis hasn't been plastered on the front covers since Sims 2, are they now allowing the Maxis logo on the front? I only just noticed this. Have they always been hidden away or are they now finally getting back on board with the Sims franchise? If they are indeed getting back on board, I'm going to be pleased because they made Sims the best.

Any other Sims fans notice it or am I the only one?
    http://www.simcity.com/en_US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    I just assumed they had SimCity as their own little project while "The Sims Studio" (Which is a different developer) worked on The Sims 3 and it's expansions.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 07:26 AM ----------

Just found an interesting piece in Wikipedia:
    "The Sims Studio became a part of EA Maxis, which made Maxis involved with the development of The Sims franchise once again."

So it seems Maxis is finally getting back into The Sims again, this pleases me because their content will be much better, who better to take part than the founder's themselves, they know just how to make it right. Looking back on the previous Sims 3 expansions, there has been no sign of Maxis' logo anywhere on the covers so University Life must be the first expansion where they really took part in, can't wait to play it.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-01-10 at 08:32 PM.

You are right about the lack of Maxis logo on the boxes - just dug out 3 boxes and there is no logos anywhere on them - although I have bought the latest few through Origin tbh so no box :<

I'm interested to see what they will pull out the bag for Sims 4 eventually

I actually wasn't that enthusiastic for this latest expansion really, but I'll have to see.

Will Wright isn't heading Maxis anymore, so it will never be the Maxis of old ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    I hadn't known Maxis played a part in this expansion before watching it and after seeing what they had to offer, I was really excited. Every other expansion so far for Sims 3, hasn't really excited me when viewing the previews, so Maxis must have really sparked my excitement for this latest expansion, it just seemed different to the other expansions.

I noticed it with Sims 3 Supernatural too, as Edge has said though, without Will Wright it's just a shell of it's former self. :<