Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Sounds good, any tips on what Hero I should start as?
    Honestly, I don't even know what the free heroes are at the moment on the screen. I would say go with a hero you like as in the character wise. Once you start you get 100 Splinters just for killing Green Goblin in the raft for the first time and another 100 for Doom. So that'll give you 200 immediately to buy a 200 hero if you wanted or Groot Team-Up.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Honestly, I don't even know what the free heroes are at the moment on the screen. I would say go with a hero you like as in the character wise. Once you start you get 100 Splinters just for killing Green Goblin in the raft for the first time and another 100 for Doom. So that'll give you 200 immediately to buy a 200 hero if you wanted or Groot Team-Up.
    After reading this I was gonna complain I didn't get my 100 splinters retro-actively because I beat the gob before the changes, but then I remembered you got a free hero token for beating him back then.

Well i got Moon Knight from random hero box and Scarlet Witch from some other box, so have those 2 plus Hawkeye.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    After reading this I was gonna complain I didn't get my 100 splinters retro-actively because I beat the gob before the changes, but then I remembered you got a free hero token for beating him back then.
    Yea, I was irritated when I found out as I had gotten Daredevil because when I did it, it was based on the free hero rotation. I'd rather have 100 splinters over him. Granted after his rework I got him to 60, but he still was terrible in my opinion.

Tomorrow should be the teaser reveal for Jean Grey's 52 review in Marvel Heroes!

Is anyone else as excited as I am? Jean Grey was released in Marvel Heroes as the queen of circles: a giant, but silent, flaming bird that could kill legions of enemies with her array of circles. I'm excited to see if we will actually get some powers that really feel like telekinesis!
    "Please find my dear friends.
    Dead or Alive" -redmakoto

Lucetia, thanks for your input. I wasn't aware of the promo codes and the other insights you shared, so that is really appreciated. Would probably be a good idea to include a FAQ section into the first post for newcomers like me.

PS: Spidey made me do it. And it's totally worth the 15 bucks I invested into him. He's the best!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by toychristopher View Post
    Is anyone else as excited as I am? Jean Grey was released in Marvel Heroes as the queen of circles: a giant, but silent, flaming bird that could kill legions of enemies with her array of circles. I'm excited to see if we will actually get some powers that really feel like telekinesis!
    Honestly, I don't know if I'm excited or not. I've had her for a long time (think since the V-Day Bundle where I got her, Cyclops and IM though I had IM already), but haven't leveled her since I heard a lot of complaints. Once she's revamped I might level her especially since I got a couple costumes for her from bundles that need to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Lucetia, thanks for your input. I wasn't aware of the promo codes and the other insights you shared, so that is really appreciated. Would probably be a good idea to include a FAQ section into the first post for newcomers like me.

PS: Spidey made me do it. And it's totally worth the 15 bucks I invested into him. He's the best!
    Glad the information was useful. Nice suggestion though. Once I get some more free time and can make a decent one I'll try to include it in the OP. Right now school just started back up and 4 classes at 17 credits has already exhausted me lol.

Nice that you enjoy Spidey. I just finally got him from the Cosmic Crate so I haven't used him. I think I'm around 1/3 or 1/2 of the heroes at 60 so he slipped by me. Currently leveling Rocket.

Deleted
    I downloaded this game few days ago, at first i found it very entertaining but then, boredom hits :P
    I chose human torch, he 1 hits those normal mobs, so im flying through the quest area and kill teh final boss, than go on.

Does this game get more challenging as i progress ?

I got Spiderman from the steam bundle at 50% off with 2 costumes.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Entlebucher View Post
    I downloaded this game few days ago, at first i found it very entertaining but then, boredom hits :P
    I chose human torch, he 1 hits those normal mobs, so im flying through the quest area and kill teh final boss, than go on.

there are different game modes that can provide more challenge

The game is quite easy at the beginning, as one would expect.

It does start off very easy but gradually ramps up in Heroic and Superheroic mode. The last few story mode bosses are a challenge on all difficulties.

Some of the other game modes require groups or can be scaled up in difficulty, like terminals.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't speak for heroic/superheroic, but yeah even on normal the final boss of chapter 8 and final boss of chapter 9 aren't really a walk in the park. I didn't die or anything, but I did have to actually think things through rather than just run up to the boss and lay the smackdown on it. YMMV depending on level and gear, naturally.

The Jean Grey/Cyclops 52 review is coming soon yes? They're doing them together cuz they are always that special couple supposedly?

Well the beginning is typically easier just because it's to introduce things. Once you get to 20 you can do LQ's (Legendary Quests) and at level 1 you can do SQ's (Shared Quests) which includes X-Defense which gets challenging the higher the wave along with Holo-Sim.

If you don't like Human Torch you can kill Green Goblin/Doom in the Chapter stories and get 200 splinters. You can then either buy Groot (Team-Up), a 200 Splinter Hero or use 175 for the Random Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    The Jean Grey/Cyclops 52 review is coming soon yes? They're doing them together cuz they are always that special couple supposedly?

Nope, Jean Grey is this month (August), while Cyclops will be next month and imo Cyclops needs it badly. All you do is spec in passives and toggle them on and spam his basic ricochet ability. There's really not much else to do with him and if you use the other abilities you kind of cripple yourself. Hoping his review will make things a lot more viable.

looking forward to the Jean Grey revamp. She was my favorite super hero for a while but I got pretty tired of her relatively simple game play

Almost 60... superheroic is quite challenging, tbh. To the people that play to lv 20 on normal and say the game is too easy. You know nothing...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Almost 60... superheroic is quite challenging, tbh. To the people that play to lv 20 on normal and say the game is too easy. You know nothing...
    And superheroic is really easy compared to lv 60 wakanda one-shot or cosmic terminals. They have quite difficult content although a lot lot is because of cheesy balancing or AI problems.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    And superheroic is really easy compared to lv 60 wakanda one-shot or cosmic terminals. They have quite difficult content although a lot lot is because of cheesy balancing or AI problems.
    When I tried the man-ape terminal (at admittedly level 26 or something), the only reason I failed was because the NPCs are so squishy and I had no realistic way of keeping them alive, so that's a bit of an annoying kind of difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    When I tried the man-ape terminal (at admittedly level 26 or something), the only reason I failed was because the NPCs are so squishy and I had no realistic way of keeping them alive, so that's a bit of an annoying kind of difficulty.
    Yes thats what i meant with AI problems, the NPCs sometimes act stupid and you have no way if influencing or healing them. Well and man-ape has this one-shot spear throw that makes the fight annoying as a melee char because you basically have to jump in, attack twice and jump out again all the time.