Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Yes thats what i meant with AI problems, the NPCs sometimes act stupid and you have no way if influencing or healing them. Well and man-ape has this one-shot spear throw that makes the fight annoying as a melee char because you basically have to jump in, attack twice and jump out again all the time.

I've never failed at ManApe. Just spam in LFG "LFM ManApe 60" and the group will fill asap and it'll be much easier, assuming your max level. Don't bother if you are not max level. It's very difficult dungeon solo and finding groups at low levels is also difficult.
    Last edited by Northy; 2014-08-19 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I've never failed at ManApe. Just spam in LFG "LFM ManApe 60" and the group will fill asap and it'll be much easier, assuming your max level. Don't bother if you are not max level. It's very difficult dungeon solo and finding groups at low levels is also difficult.
    Well what you can do (and found this out in social) is if you are on a lower level toon you queue for the scenario and once you entered you can invite anyone who is a higher level. So if you have a friend who is 60 and you are 20 it's a zerg fest of sort.

Rogue is coming soon, tempted to buy the preorder package. Anyone know what sort of gameplay she has?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Rogue is coming soon, tempted to buy the preorder package. Anyone know what sort of gameplay she has?
    I believe 3. Her own Rogue powers, Ms Marvel powers, and something else.

There's a megathread on the official forums about upcoming stuff that includes the final power set for her but I'm too lazy to look. Probably someone major who's she taken powers from.

Rogue preview (it's pretty long). Looks pretty badass. I think I might pre purchase her.

Wow, I just recently decided to check this game out again (thank you new Steam queue).

It feels pretty amazing, despite me not being a fan of marvel. The gameplay & game mechanics are really solid.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Wow, I just recently decided to check this game out again (thank you new Steam queue).

It feels pretty amazing, despite me not being a fan of marvel. The gameplay & game mechanics are really solid.
    Heretic! Heathen! x)

10+ Year Old Account

This might be one of their better heroes yet. The character looks amazing. Hope to see this level of deep/unique mechanics compared to other heroes for Venom (can't come soon enoughh).

10+ Year Old Account
    I started as hulk, got to 60 then got loki up then sivler surfer then storm. Each time i switched character i noticed my new character was way stronger than my previous like my hulk takes ages to kill anything, storm just runs past things and they die :S

Also got like 7 uniques from 1 drop :S

So I think they're giving out a free random character today. I logged in for the daily bonus thing and got Gambit (wooooo...except not), so make sure to log in for free things if you have any desire for them.

yup, they have been doing their 12 days of christmas thing, one of the days was a free Groot team up, today was a random hero (got Thor but I already have him...)

Nice. I haven't logged in yet, but I have them all now. (Been buying the AP packs and finally got the others through splinters) So at least I'll get an ultimate upgrade token which I think is better :P

Just logged in and see who I got which was Rogue. At least it was for one of the heroes I play.

Curious to see what they do tomorrow as they usually reward players decently on holidays with several things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got Wolverine out of the random hero pack. Not that i'll play him anytime soon.
    Just finished leveling my 6th 60 (Venom. Have also Black Widow, Gambit, Star-Lord, Iron Man and Hawkeye).
    Next in line are Thor and Nightcrawler which i left at 30s. After that i reckon Winter Soldier will be almost out so i'm getting that. Finally, my last objective is level all the other characters i've accumulated from random boxes (Daredevil, Storm, Emma Frost, Dr. Strange, Wolverine and Nova).
    So much to do but theres something incredibly alluring in leveling all these different characters and obtaining XP bonuses and synergies. This game as come a long way since launch

How do you guys feel about them making Dr doom playable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I'm fine with it. As long as people want it i'm not too fussed about it. Dr Doom as been a Hero in some Marvel publications and thats what they go by when they release characters that are normally villains. I enjoyed leveling Venom immensily when it came out and already pre-ordered Winter Soldier =p

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    I'm fine with it. As long as people want it i'm not too fussed about it. Dr Doom as been a Hero in some Marvel publications and thats what they go by when they release characters that are normally villains. I enjoyed leveling Venom immensily when it came out and already pre-ordered Winter Soldier =p
    It's just something missing in this game imo.. I played and enjoyed Diablo 3 for many hours but dono why i don't get the same feel in marvel heroes.. Maby it's because it's too many characters to choose from and i feel overwhelmed.
    What i enjoyed most in D3 was to just cleave alot of mobs down in one go, but in marvel heroes i don't see anyone like that, feels like all basic attacks are just 1target, the one character i have enjoyed most so far is loki because he can fly, teleport and had bouncing bolts

Like the other often-villain-sometime-hero types I think he will be fun to play, both from the design of his powers to the comments and other such dialog with other heroes and villains.

So far the only addition that has me scratching my head is the recently announced Carnage as a team-up. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much about Carnage, but I'm not aware of any time he's spent as a hero and he's come across to me as much more solidly villain than any hero or team-up they've brought into the game thus far.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just something missing in this game imo.. I played and enjoyed Diablo 3 for many hours but dono why i don't get the same feel in marvel heroes.. Maby it's because it's too many characters to choose from and i feel overwhelmed.
    What i enjoyed most in D3 was to just cleave alot of mobs down in one go, but in marvel heroes i don't see anyone like that, feels like all basic attacks are just 1target, the one character i have enjoyed most so far is loki because he can fly, teleport and had bouncing bolts
    There are plenty of characters that fit that playstyle you mention, you just have to youtube them or go to their forums to check them out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    So far the only addition that has me scratching my head is the recently announced Carnage as a team-up. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much about Carnage, but I'm not aware of any time he's spent as a hero and he's come across to me as much more solidly villain than any hero or team-up they've brought into the game thus far.
    I personally have not read it, but Carnage becomes a "Hero" in a very recent publication by Marvel called AXIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    There are plenty of characters that fit that playstyle you mention, you just have to youtube them or go to their forums to check them out.
    Yeah, but how would i know who to search for xD? There are pretty many playable people, if you could tell me some it would be great help

I can't think of many basic attacks that aren't essentially single target (a few might have a small cone sized cleave range) outside of Loki's bouncing bolts (haven't played him in a while so I actually don't remember if that ability spends spirit or not, in which case it wouldn't be a basic attack), the bouncing shield that Captain America throws, or the ricochet beam that Cyclops uses (which looks amazing with the new FX artwork that came with his recent 52 review).

That said, I find many of the AoE abilities that are on cooldowns or spend resources to be really satisfying. Leaping into the fray with Ms Marvel's Crashdown, turning on Jean Grey's AoE toggles and then firing off her signature ability whose name escapes me at the moment, or dropping a Jericho Bombardment then firing a One Off as Iron man in an area with a lot of enemies gathered...I'm like hell yeah let me do that again.