Page 8 of 140 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've been playing it since February. The game is improving a lot every big build. The real issue I have with the game is how much "end game" content will be available like harder difficulties or do people hit a cap and that's it?

Anyway, hopefully there's enough to do at max level like farming and PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to their facebook NDA has been lifted. Which reminds me about the lot of comments i did on the previous page about playing the beta and the experience i had. Ooops.

Quote Originally Posted by Gackto View Post
    I've been playing it since February. The game is improving a lot every big build. The real issue I have with the game is how much "end game" content will be available like harder difficulties or do people hit a cap and that's it?

Tried their current "Alpha Version" of PvP for the first time last night with Jean Grey. Didn't play it for long, but it was chaotic fun, and using her Kinetic Tempest (keeps melee off me briefly, unless they pass a resistance check I believe, and reflects certain types of projectiles based on the angle it hits the shield) plus Psychokinetic Implosion (hard hitting AoE that pulls enemies toward each other) was fun. Was able to stay alive long enough to take out one person in a 3 on 1 situation, and I'm not exactly what you'd call a PvPer.

Still curious to see what other end-game features they have planned.

It's been interesting seeing the game progress the past few months.

Open Beta was also apparently announced for sometime in the next week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    According to their facebook NDA has been lifted. Which reminds me about the lot of comments i did on the previous page about playing the beta and the experience i had. Ooops.
    Eh, they had removed the thread for reporting NDA violators a couple days ago, so I don't think you had much to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Well. For one thing, the music is really... Off. The animations are super floaty. A lot of the abilities are really derpy (IE: Wolverine the poltergeist. Try it! spam leap.) . The talent system is annoying, last I played there was no synergy system so talents spent on low level abilities were a waste later on.
    Wanted to comment on this really quick. As of right now a good number of start abilities (at least the basic, mouse-button type attacks) do have synergy with at least one other skill, often with the second skill deriving a percentage of its damage from the low level ability (Jean Grey's Kinetic Hammer adds an AoE splash damage component to the basic attack and uses 80% of the damage done by the previous skill, Kinetic Bolt, for example). Outside of these basic synergies, low level abilities are intended match the damage level of higher level abilities assuming the lower level ability is the one favored - they can have more points put in them overall, so while higher level abilities that aren't part of synergies start out hitting harder, a fully leveled version versus a fully leveled version of an earlier ability should be roughly the same...which leaves it more to playstyle preference.

Of course, I use the word should deliberately - they still need to do a fair amount of tuning, as a good number of heroes currently have some select abilities that are just simply much better than the alternatives...Iron Man's Repulsor Barrage, for example.
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2013-04-28 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gackto View Post

From what I heard about it from people on the closed beta forums, I guess devs. had said the end game will take just as long to beat, if not longer than the whole story. Not sure if there is farming or anything like in Diablo and also not sure if that end game is coming out the same time as the game. Didn't seem like the main story takes all that long to beat, so not sure what this means in the long run. Still really looking forward to this game!

15+ Year Old Account
    With the NDA gone, I will say this.

Doctor Doom is a really really freaking hard fight. Well, once you get to phase 3. Phase 3 is like facing heroic Lich King in the same room as Sinestra. There's adds that stun, fire rings of death that follow each character (yes, each, as in if you are in a party there are more of these things), and he has a gatling gun style energy attack that does massive damage if you try to take it to the face.

Oh, and he can teleport. And if he teleports, he starts to heal himself. Fast.

Hulk no like Doom fight.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    With the NDA gone, I will say this.

Doctor Doom is a really really freaking hard fight. Well, once you get to phase 3. Phase 3 is like facing heroic Lich King in the same room as Sinestra. There's adds that stun, fire rings of death that follow each character (yes, each, as in if you are in a party there are more of these things), and he has a gatling gun style energy attack that does massive damage if you try to take it to the face.

Oh, and he can teleport. And if he teleports, he starts to heal himself. Fast.

Hulk no like Doom fight.
    Melee in general have a tough time on Doctor Doom - ranged have it easier, and any class with a reflect shield (like Scarlet Witch or Jean Grey) makes two of his attacks much less of an issue. Even then, you have to be on the ball to interrupt that heal.

It is the best fight in the game, though.

Fighting Sentinels in Fort Stryker is a personal favorite as well, despite it not being a boss fight but just random ones that show up.

Funny story with the reflect shields...that one shot ability that Bullseye does that you're supposed to line-of-sight to avoid? Jean Grey's Kinetic Tempest reflects that. Time that first one properly and get the angle right, and you can literally get him to one-shot himself at the start of the fight. Makes him a non-issue in the Kingpin fight as well, where you''re normally dealing with possibly having Kingpin, Elektra, Bullseye, and the regular adds that continuously spawn all out on the field.

I kinda hope that never gets fixed.

Still no Squirrel Girl?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Still no Squirrel Girl?
    Sadly, not yet.

Her, Emma Frost, Nova, and Luke Cage are all in the works, and will be the first four heroes added to the game post launch.

Got this email earlier today:

In honor of the upcoming launch of Marvel's Iron Man 3 movie, in theaters May 3rd, Marvel Heroes will be kicking off an "Iron Man 3" Open Beta Weekend beginning on Friday, May 3rd at 7:00 PM PT through Monday May 6th at 10:00 AM PT.
    Can't wait for this weekend!
    I'm still thinking about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Sadly, not yet.

Her, Emma Frost, Nova, and Luke Cage are all in the works, and will be the first four heroes added to the game post launch.
    Which blows.. Cable, Emma, and Nova are the ones I'm really wanting to play. I was super excited for Rocket Raccoon but pretty much hate him.

Do you have to buy something to be able to download the client before open beta? I can't seem to find any link on their website for that.
    Last edited by Golden; 2013-05-02 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Nvm, guess they added the download option this morning.

I had to read up to even know who Rocket Raccoon is haha
    I have a terrible gaming youtube channel • https://www.youtube.com/fevirgaming

Played about 10 different characters thru-out the testing time. Liked the premise but for me it ended up being boring. Lot of the characters seemed to play very similar. Granted i only got 3 up into the 20's and the rest in the teens. Other than the ocasional world boss didnt really see why this should be a mmo. Unless the end game is very different. Seemed like a lot of skills that were just filler and you really could skip a lot of them.

After seeing this

Heroes ALL
    Costumes ALL
    In-Game Currency $50
    Early Access Days 7
    Exclusive Costumes 3
    Exclusive Enhanced Costume 1
    Closed Beta Access
    Permanent XP Boost 5%
    Permanent Item Find Boost 5%
    Avoiding this one. Just another buy to win game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    After seeing this

/eyeroll

So a bunch of cosmetics, skipping grinding heroes, and a minor exp / find item boost makes it pay to win?

Really?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    /eyeroll

So a bunch of cosmetics, skipping grinding heroes, and a minor exp / find item boost makes it pay to win?

Really?
    Exactly. Not sure how this is considered buy to win.

Anyhoo, another open beta weekend starts today. I am so excited. I'm going to try multiple heroes and level them to the low teens.
    I'm still thinking about it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Downloaded this game knowing nothing about it on Steam for the free beta weekend. Played 10 min of it and quit. Not sure what type of game genre it is considered but it plays like Diablo 3 and I hate that play style. I wouldn't have tried it had I known what it was but I didn't read any reviews or research the game before I jumped in. Im sure it will be a good game for the people who enjoy the play style like Diablo , just not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    After seeing this

I don't think you know what that phrase means.

They have a mega-patch coming this week that is adding endgame and changing a ton of character abilities. Hopefully it fixes the serious problems the game has with character ability design.

The current build is such a placeholder I'm really kind of surprised they dropped the NDA and did so many betas when they did. I think it generated a fair amount of unnecessary bad press.