Deleted

Spirit of harmony

I have one simple question, would it be good if blizzard would make Spirit of harmony bind on account? I mean i dont see any downs...

It will take away the advantage that mains have in crafting right now. Blizzard doesn't want alt crafters that sit in SW all day to make huge amounts of gold. They want people out in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will probably make it account bound or tradeable like they did with chaos orbs later in the expansion (cataclysm)...but like squirl said blizzard want players to be more active in world content than sitting at city. Besides if you are exalted with tillers u can farm 16 motes of harmonies a day very easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are going to make it Account Bound later on. Past 2 expansions, its been nearly same thing (Frozen Orbs/Chaos Orbs were originally BoP, and then eventually made BoE about 1-2 raid patches in) I think Living Nether or w/e its called was the same, can't remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I hope it stays like this forever, as long as possible. I have to play an alt that I want to make the Inscription Staff on, which used to be my former main, so it is sort of bad for me. But I am all for making characters play the game to get stuff done, this is one of the key aspects that makes me enjoy MoP more than any previous expansions.
    Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug.

I think making it BoA would be as harmful as BoE.

There is a great effect of having soulbound harmonys, alts that you don't play can't craft great items. It makes you play your alts if you want to make the most money from them.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    It will take away the advantage that mains have in crafting right now. Blizzard doesn't want alt crafters that sit in SW all day to make huge amounts of gold. They want people out in the world.
    Farming the Spirits of Harmony on your main kinda takes you out into the world doesn't it? You wouldn't be able to play your alt "out in the world" during that time. So all-in-all no less time spent out in the world.

I really do hope it will stay as it is. There is already to many of bind to acc items and ofc I'm not complaning about it

Level an alt to 90 through any means you find most enjoyable and head to your farm... every 2 days you have 3 spirits... very easy cash flow and very little effort
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Ramian View Post
    They will probably make it account bound or tradeable like they did with chaos orbs later in the expansion (cataclysm)...but like squirl said blizzard want players to be more active in world content than sitting at city. Besides if you are exalted with tillers u can farm 16 motes of harmonies a day very easily.
    How can you farm 16 motes more easily when exalted with tillers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jensaren View Post
    How can you farm 16 motes more easily when exalted with tillers?
    You have to be exalted to get the 16 plots. Stick in some Song Bell seeds and you get 16 motes per day.

Ohh, thanks Still using my farm for plants tho ^^

Deleted
    Farming spirits is not very hard. 16 per day from farm and 30 min killing mobs gives you 2-3 spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by heheMongot View Post
    Farming the Spirits of Harmony on your main kinda takes you out into the world doesn't it? You wouldn't be able to play your alt "out in the world" during that time. So all-in-all no less time spent out in the world.
    Farming on one character to make anything from any profession on your alts is a lot different than playing the character you need the motes on. You only need to be 80 to cap professions. You can't get motes at 80.

I do see your point, but there are some differences. Leveling and gearing alts takes a lot of time, especially if you're just doing it for motes. Blizzard is trying to reward characters that are actively played.

Deleted
    Yes, it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Farming on one character to make anything from any profession on your alts is a lot different than playing the character you need the motes on. You only need to be 80 to cap professions. You can't get motes at 80.

I do see your point, but there are some differences. Leveling and gearing alts takes a lot of time, especially if you're just doing it for motes. Blizzard is trying to reward characters that are actively played.

Another point to consider is when you have gathering characters.

I have a hunter and a druid at level 90, both of which I play regularly. My hunter is leatherworker and jewelcrafter. My druid is herber and skinner. Herbing and skinning can often go hand in hand, and with the ability to skin and herb in flight form this made sense.

Now I have a few dozen spirits of harmony rightfully earnt on my druid that he can't craft with because his professions are herbing and skinning.
    I play both characters regularly/in dungeons and raids etc. But this system does penalise non-crafting characters.

Is it right or fair of Blizzard to expect me to have to drop a gathering profession and go to the expense of learning a crafting profession just so I can actually use the spirits of harmony effectively that my druid is earning?

I am currently keeping the spirits in hope these will become BOA, because I can realise far better value out of them sending them to my hunter to craft LW stuff with than just getting pennies for them buying golden lotus from spirit vendor.

Maplebunny.