Page 1 of 3
LastLast

want to buy d3 , questions

1-) If it is released today would you still buy it ? Its still $60 long time after release.Do you think its worth ?

2-) People say its not an esports . Is it totaly for playing for vs-AI just like wow ? Totally unbalanced in pvp ?

3-) Is there any single player mode ? Can I host games and share my IP with my friends to make them join my game just like i do at diablo 2 ?

4-) If pvp in d3 is not good . How long does it keep me busy ? Im playing 3 hours per day after the work. How long does it to finish it without repetion ( heroic modes hard modes nightmares etc )

5-) I created an starter account and now downloading game to try. Its 15 gb . Is it 15gb for full game or it only downloads playable area with a starter account ?
    I Dont Read the signature rules

1. Nope, woulden't rate it more than a B-title, aka 40 dollars worth. Even on launch it didn't deserve its AA-title 60 dollar price tag. The game was riddlede with game-breaking exploits and some classes had heavy bugs from immortality to near invincible builds. Thoes days are long gone now, but the balance still aint much better. Some specced are 1000 times better than other builds, just like wow - very little diversarity. To give one example how bad it was; I belive the Wizard class, witch I played have had about 5 game-breaking bugs fixed since launch, and when I say game-breaking I mean just that.

The worst one was the IAS-damage calculation-scandal trough. Many people had invested there time into gearing for it, and then Blizzard nerfs it pissing off alot off people, inn a time where the game activity haven't complety dwinddled. Its like the game had no QA testing done at all - Just maybe few people played the game propor, cause the beta for the game was only to skeletong king, so we the playerbase never had any chance to discover all these exploits and bugs that it launched with.

For one example when I played for like 1 month after latest patch, before I again took a break (Cause it just gets booring fast), I tried quit many builds, but inn the end I just gave up and went a Wizard build thats called CM/WW, cause no other builds are better than that for Wizards.

2. Diablo does not have any PvP at all (And if its ever coming its gonna be crap I bet). Its all about PVE vs AI.

3. No IP-games. Must always play online, always.

4. Diablo3 can keep you endlessey busy, if you like to do the same thing over and over (Farming act3). If you got any decent play-skils and understand what the game is about and dont waste time you could complete the game inn around 50 hours now (Inn thoes 50 hours you should hit max level, and have gotten enough gear to clear/farm Inferno MP0). And maybe around 100 hours played you then got a character than can easly farm fast MP3/MP0 runs. Really depends on you're luck trough....but just go to offical forums, and you'll get what I mean with luck.

5. Starter addition is only to Skeleton King, takes like 1 hour to complete at most.

Anywho, go to offical forums and start reading why Diablo3 has to be one of the biggest letdowns ever. I cannot begin to fathom how dissapointed I am with the game, having been dyped about it for about 4 years. The last ½ year leading up to the release it was like the only game I could think about...*sigh*.

Id say its fun to play trough it once, gear up a little and then just stop.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-01-10 at 10:27 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

1. Yes. I actually think the respect around the game still makes it worth to play.

2. Its only purpose is like the old diablo: Kill monsters, take treasures, get gear, kill more monsters and so on. Pvp isn't implemented yet so we cant tell you about that.

3. You have to be connected to the internet to play. But there's no one stopping you from playing single player once you're logged in.

4. Cant answer this, as pvp isn't implemented yet. But Diablo allways offers you something to do. Despite what many thinks, you can choose to play act1 if you want to play act 1. With the (new) paragon leveling, uber bosses even whimsyshire there's funny stuff to do apart from the slaughtering of monsters.

5. No idea

Quote Originally Posted by masta View Post
    4-) If pvp in d3 is not good . How long does it keep me busy ? Im playing 3 hours per day after the work. How long does it to finish it without repetion ( heroic modes hard modes nightmares etc )
    Takes maybe 8 hours to play through the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Takes maybe 8 hours to play through the game.
    Surely not as a new player. Id say 1-60 with no support is atleast 25 hours, considering you cannot afford level reduced gear yes?

Edit: Maybe Im wrong, haven't lvl inn a while, besides 1 babarian long time ago, hit 60 on that guy, and completed the game inn about 40 hours, but that was with heavy support.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Surely not as a new player. Id say 1-60 with no support is atleast 25 hours, considering you cannot afford level reduced gear yes?

Edit: Maybe Im wrong, haven't lvl inn a while, besides 1 babarian long time ago, hit 60 on that guy, and completed the game inn about 40 hours, but that was with heavy support.
    he asked how long it takes to play through the game, not how long it takes to get max level and beat every difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    -honestly what about the game attracts you to it? i got it for free since i had the AP from blizz, but id like to think i would have bought it anyway....im just glad i didnt. was it severly over-hyped? yes, but when the game had been in development for as long as it was, and doesn't really deliver outside of the same monotonous gear grind, thats all you can look forward to.

imo, for the cost involved, there is way too little content, and since you sound like a well experienced d2 player, id assume you would finish the main story in a day or 2 max. outside of some nice class talents/abilites, the game sufferes from relying on cookie-cutter builds for optimum leveling & grinding in nightmare-hell modes. in the end, try the demo, read the reviews...its your money.

i stopped playing a month after it went live and never went back. only way id even consider going back is an expansion w/more story & another class.

For most beating the game on normal is finishing it. that takes around 6-8hrs to get a max level toon I would say around 25hrs.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 10:59 PM ----------

1-) If it is released today would you still buy it ? Its still $60 long time after release.Do you think its worth ?

2-) People say its not an esports . Is it totaly for playing for vs-AI just like wow ? Totally unbalanced in pvp ?

3-) Is there any single player mode ? Can I host games and share my IP with my friends to make them join my game just like i do at diablo 2 ?

5-) I created an starter account and now downloading game to try. Its 15 gb . Is it 15gb for full game or it only downloads playable area with a starter account ?
    Personally If I was you I would check out Torchlight II

To me Torchlight II is better then D3 in all ways and is fun to play you can also play it offline. Torchlight II only cost 20$ so you can play it beat it and decide if replying to get higher level is fun or not. If it turns out its not then you will not like D3 cause its the samething so you will save 40$
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-10 at 11:00 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    he asked how long it takes to play through the game, not how long it takes to get max level and beat every difficulty.
    To be fair though, this game plays different than Diablo 2, where the level cap was a long-term objective. Here, like WoW, you want to hit level cap to see what all your new abilities are. The game has never really put the story in the forefront, so seeing it doesn't really feel like "finishing the game".

To answer your questions:

1. No. $40 is plenty. if you got lucky, Toys R' Us had a sale at one point and it was $10. It'd definitely be worth it then.
    2. Even if the original plans for PvP were still going to be and were implemented, Blizzard has and had no intention of balancing the game for PvP.
    3. No. DRM makes it so you still have to log in to battle.net anytime you play. Again, as far as I know, Blizzard has no intention of making it any different.
    4. This depends on how much you enjoy doing the things you can do in the game. You can farm Act 3 in the game forever, and never hit the Paragon level cap, or find the perfect gear.
    5. My entire Diablo 3 folder says 11.9 GB, so...I don't know.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Let's put it this way;

It's not a bad game, but I'm glad I didn't pay a dime for it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    To be fair though, this game plays different than Diablo 2, where the level cap was a long-term objective. Here, like WoW, you want to hit level cap to see what all your new abilities are. The game has never really put the story in the forefront, so seeing it doesn't really feel like "finishing the game".

To answer your questions:

1. No. $40 is plenty. if you got lucky, Toys R' Us had a sale at one point and it was $10. It'd definitely be worth it then.
    2. Even if the original plans for PvP were still going to be and were implemented, Blizzard has and had no intention of balancing the game for PvP.
    3. No. DRM makes it so you still have to log in to battle.net anytime you play. Again, as far as I know, Blizzard has no intention of making it any different.
    4. This depends on how much you enjoy doing the things you can do in the game. You can farm Act 3 in the game forever, and never hit the Paragon level cap, or find the perfect gear.
    5. My entire Diablo 3 folder says 11.9 GB, so...I don't know.
    No clue where you see it for 40$ at but gamestop shows it costing 60$ just saying.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Thats true :P I just woulden't asume a guy could stop playing after normal mode was done, but maybe some people did do that

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 12:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No clue where you see it for 40$ at but gamestop shows it costing 60$ just saying.
    Wow, you're right...there damn greedy still. I checked online now for all denmarks retailers, and both hard copy, and download are at cheapest around 55$, to more than 60$ + some sites require shipping fee ofcourse...amases me, guess the game must still sell then.

#5. You download the full game, but it limites you to the starter area. I am playing it now. Doing one quest at a time with all 5 classes. I am at about lvl 7 with every class, and played about 2 hours with each one. I never played d2, but I know what diablo is about. So far it is about what I expected,but really isn´t my type of game. I am going to play the starter edition completely through with all the classes, then maybe increase the MP level and play through again on a class I like the best... but meh.. doesn´t seem to be very much involved except killing a lot of the same mobs and finding a lot of side-grade gear.

Deleted
    try out path of exile it's free and alot of fun

Save your money and wait for Path of Exile.

Thats true :P I just woulden't asume a guy could stop playing after normal mode was done, but maybe some people did do that

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 12:20 AM ----------

Wow, you're right...there damn greedy still. I checked online now for all denmarks retailers, and both hard copy, and download are at cheapest around 55$, to more than 60$ + some sites require shipping fee ofcourse...amases me, guess the game must still sell then.
    Yep thats why i said OP should check out Torchlight II its 20$ and same style of gameplay. So if OP likes repeating the samething just to get better gear and higher level then get D3 if not then he only wasted 20$ "saved 40$" cause Torchlight II and D3 is the same style gameplay just different in graphic's.

Not it is not worth 60 bucks now. My main problem with the game is how they took a game that people loved and destroyed it because "many things in D2 were not fun, everyone was mistaken". When the lead designer says something like that, you know he has no idea what diablo was about. I have more fun in Torchlight 2 nowadays. Logging on D3 for 1 or 2 runs every week or so is just boring. You cannot play for short durations since you MUST have 5 NV stacks to farm. They force you to play the game how they want you to and will just nerf anything people come up with if it makes things fun. You are better off without it.

Blizzard is notorious for not really dropping the price on their games.

Deleted
    nvm, got it wrong
    Last edited by mmoc94e579c637; 2013-01-11 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Oh, sorry. That was kind of a half reply to someone saying it should only cost $40. It's still $60.