Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

I'm so glad I decided to never play this game years ago. I can't imagine going through that many delays as someone waiting for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    how do u guys prepare for the release of CP 2077? like what movies do u watch? what YT content do u recommend character-creationwise and storywise etc etc
    Never thought about that. Maybe I'll rewatch Blade Runner (1&2049) and finally watch that Altered Carbon tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm so glad I decided to never play this game years ago. I can't imagine going through that many delays as someone waiting for the game.
    Many of us are not teenagers anymore, waiting for anything isn't a problem, it'll come when it come.

Not to mention there is always 1000x more stuff to explore than time to do it. Only think that suck is that dates this year are not reliable at all, hard to schedule free time for stuff you care.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-10-27 at 09:55 PM.

I'm so glad I decided to never play this game years ago
    Weird flex but okay.

On topic -- I don't know, as someone who pre ordered the stupidly expensive version of the game I don't really mind this much. The amount of hype around it is nuts and any amount of polish they can deliver is going to be needed. If this launches and people start posting video compilations of cars floating through buildings or NPCs with their face mesh exploding then I think they'll lose a lot more good will with the community than a 3 week delay would.

I won't even remember the delays in a few months, and the difference between November and December won't be a big deal for me either. It's eh. *Shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I have the World of Cyberpunk 2077 book prepared, not opened it yet, will read it probably close to release or after it. I'm hoping a certain Finnish game magazine will feature a large Cyberpunk theme issue (believe paper game magazines still exist!). Otherwise I'm probably going to watch Blade Runner or the Matrix close to the games release. It's difficult to imagine any other major Cyberpunk themed movies/series IMO, at least I've not heard about any others.

Considering getting a Cyberpunk 2020 (the RPG) rulebook/lorebook but I'm not sure how applicable it will be to the game, I mean, if it's in a RPG book format it might be difficult to get into...
    Could always watch Akira, it pretty much created the whole genre. Ghost in the Shell is another good one.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I have the World of Cyberpunk 2077 book prepared, not opened it yet, will read it probably close to release or after it. I'm hoping a certain Finnish game magazine will feature a large Cyberpunk theme issue (believe paper game magazines still exist!). Otherwise I'm probably going to watch Blade Runner or the Matrix close to the games release. It's difficult to imagine any other major Cyberpunk themed movies/series IMO, at least I've not heard about any others.

Considering getting a Cyberpunk 2020 (the RPG) rulebook/lorebook but I'm not sure how applicable it will be to the game, I mean, if it's in a RPG book format it might be difficult to get into...
    you can easily pick akira and any ghost in the shell movie or series, or even any random bande dessinee from the metal hurlant like the works of enki bilal.
    damn, even the italian "nirvana" is an awesome cyperbpunk movie (that like gits inspired matrix)
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2020-10-27 at 11:52 PM.

This time there is a lot of understandable rage.
    They fucked up good, real good. Rumours are rumours, but losses to marketing must be incredible - all those huge ass posters everywhere, NFL adverts, etc, all with the old date.
    I smell literal millions down the drain. Something went really wrong and they definitely have internal communication issues, especially with all the posts of "It's gone gold" and "No more delays", last of which was fricking 1 day ago on 26th.

(the guy got his days back at least)

However, I fail to see what they can achieve in just 3 more weeks? If what on the internet was said is true (heh), then even the dev team were not aware of this. Think about it.

But as to why - well, new consoles after all, it seems, contary to what was said before... Guesswork is that they have contracts with MS/Sony, or Google for Stadia which they can't afford to break.

I will be happy if the release will actually happen and the game is just that good. Personally I don't really care about just 21 more days.
    P.S.
    There are reasonable assumptions that one more delay will happen and move the date to February-April 2021. 10th December is not the best time to release a top game. Now that would light a stinky fire.
    Last edited by Easo; 2020-10-28 at 12:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

holy shit did they again delay? wasn't it supposed to be released in November?

A coworker of mine was one of those who requested the time off around this game a while ago, pretty pissed about this announcement. As someone NOT taking time off, I really don't care. I will care when the game releases after all these delays, whether or not it feels as polished as it should be. The longer you push it back, the higher my expectations go.

If it releases as a buggy mess, it's going to tarnish CDPR's reputation so badly. I'm just hoping it's PLAYABLE. At this point, as long as the game launches and I don't have to deal with crashes and game-breaking bugs, I will be just fine with the delays. I have enough games in my backlog to keep me busy.

Apparently Ghostrunner just released or came out of EA or something, so if you're craving cyberpunk, check that out. Reviews are checking out so far, so that's good. And it's cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    What is this now, 4th or 5th time?! and it's basically the same reasoning as last time. They should just have freaking made it Next-Gen only. Then it would have released in a few weeks time, as originally planned. And not get delayed again!
    3rd time.

Rumour is it is Stadia causing the problems. Google threw a huge pile of money at CDPR to include it on their system and it has to be released on there at the same time as all other platforms but CDPR underestimated the difficulty of getting it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    3rd time.

Rumour is it is Stadia causing the problems. Google threw a huge pile of money at CDPR to include it on their system and it has to be released on there at the same time as all other platforms but CDPR underestimated the difficulty of getting it to work.
    That's disappointing if true.

yeah yeah sure, you will buy it like everyone else who trash on the game the day it will come ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    yeah yeah sure, you will buy it like everyone else who trash on the game the day it will come ^_^
    I have way too many games backed up to even consider it so I guess we'll see in a few years.

As someone who took them at their word (no more delays, promise) and made sure they had time off (a 3 day weekend) to play it, I'm annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    I mean Cyberpunk 2077 will come out without DRM. I will pirate it the following weekend on PC, and if it's any good - will buy for PS5 or xBoxOneXSeriesXxX. But I doubt it's any good. I bet shooting will feel bad, it will not be even one third as good as in Halo or Doom or CoD. But hey, it's an "RPG" game, the most used gameplay element - shooting - doesn't matter.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Could always watch Akira, it pretty much created the whole genre. Ghost in the Shell is another good one.
    uh no? Herd of neuromancer?

Stopped caring about Cyberpunk a couple years ago. I'll probably get it from a bargain bin three years from now like I did with Witcher 3.

Just saw the first post is from 2013...wow..what a wait if ppl were hyped for it. Looks nice....just not my kind of game

Cyberpunk No doubt.... I was hooked on the Wow some time ago but now I'm looking for something different. I think that cyberpunk will provide many more hours of fun, but above all it is something new

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    3rd time.

Then i say screw google!! if they had not made a deal with them. It would have released in a few weeks as it was supposed to do!!
    Last edited by Izzyfurious; 2020-10-29 at 03:58 PM.

i want to play it on new PS controller, is it PC compatible does anyone know?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    However, I fail to see what they can achieve in just 3 more weeks? If what on the internet was said is true (heh), then even the dev team were not aware of this. Think about it.
    judging by my own experience, the last few weeks before release account for like 15-20% of the codebase + lots of little cool details are introduced during this phase
    people tend to be very creative under "we are releasing next month" kind of stress
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz