Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Page 11 of 308 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I love that it's being compared to GTA. Know why? Because that trailer was high level production on what appears to be real in game cut scenes.

An open world rpg, in a world like that, with CDPR writing/choices/consequences with Rockstar levels of production value literally can contend for GOAT game status.

So yea, sorry people that wanted to see some slow paced game in some edge lord always night/raining world. I'm all about vibrant colors and high production value action. In fact the MOST IMPORTANT thing about a game like this is the aesthetics and they hit it out of the park.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I love that it's being compared to GTA. Know why?
    Two reasons.

1) It's an open world game that takes place in a (West Coast) city.
    2) It had realistic, sunny, West Coast days, and wasn't a dark, rainy, broody, gritty, noir, "cyberpunk" game people were expecting.

So, "it's GTA, lol!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Two reasons.

1) It's an open world game that takes place in a (West Coast) city.
    2) It had realistic, sunny, West Coast days, and wasn't a dark, rainy, broody, gritty, noir, "cyberpunk" game people were expecting.

So, "it's GTA, lol!"
    Yes, but the trailer actually was very rockstar esque, and that's not a bad thing either.

- - - Updated - - -

Also for people concerned the trailer might be a "bullshot"

Pretty sure they wouldn't leave blatent NPC pop-in alone if they wanted to bullshot it up.

If anyone interested in the music used in the trailer (which is LIT btw and thematically cool for the cyberpunk imo )

Looks cool, be nice to see some gameplay

you would assume its a 3rd person shooter with cyber enhancements no?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Looks cool, be nice to see some gameplay

you would assume its a 3rd person shooter with cyber enhancements no?
    There are rumours it will have both perspectives, 1st and 3rd person. I guess 1st perspective is more logical for gunplay, but wondering if we can use only guns i hope there is more variety. I've never played cyberpunk 2020 so i am not very familiar with the world there, but i guess we can use katanas etc

Deleted
    So, the car, here: https://i.imgur.com/kHHtxIt.jpg

It has a weird license plate.

Anyone wanna decipher that?

Also, Silverhand alive?

Or just a pun from the Shining?

Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    There are rumours it will have both perspectives, 1st and 3rd person.
    They've never really been "rumors" since there's been nothing to base them on. Just people speculating, based on what the Witcher series is, what CDPR can do, and so on. We've been discussing whether it should be or would be 1st person, 3rd person or both for like five years now.

There's nothing substantial to say either way.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2018-06-11 at 07:54 AM.

Reading the first pages of this thread was so weird, it took a while until I noticed that it was poste years ago. First time I heard from this game was yesterday, and now I'm reading a thread where people are deciphering a secret message, saying that it'll be released in 2015, and that CD Projekt Red is going to announce The Witcher 3 soon... What? Very confusing.

To say that i was disappointed would be an exaggeration, but i think you see the long development time. The models look outdated and some animations look clumsy, reminds me of GTA 10 years ago.

Let's hope the actual gameplay is great, and that it's not some boring FPS with a little RPG elements tacked on.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, people compare it to GTA cause CDPR show us the bright open world and told you can do various stuff in it. There are guns, cars, drugs, mafia, spies, betrayals, daily activities and it seems you can do whatever you want.
    Pretty sure it would be the 3rd person sandbox game with character stats and dialogue branches. Basically GTA in future with rpg elements. And i love it. Cant wait to see the Night City in the all its night time glory.

Deleted
    https://i.redd.it/44cp3qnfc9311.jpg

This was interesting, found it on the subreddit. Five different roles, and supposedly each one of those five characters is V, the main character.

EDIT: Actually, now that I'm looking at the trailer more closely, there's definitely a techie character that's clearly the player character as well. Then the Trauma Team medtechie probably. Possibilities for rockers too.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2018-06-11 at 09:21 AM.

witcher three had a bright open world too guess it was a gta clone as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    If anyone interested in the music used in the trailer (which is LIT btw and thematically cool for the cyberpunk imo )

SNIP
    Hyper is cool. they had a tune in NFS-Most Wanted (HYPER - WE CONTROL)
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Game looks great, love the style.

I'd rather they don't rush it and release it when it's fully ready and it appears that's what they are doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I'd rather they don't rush it
    Well, it's been in development since at least 2012, so yeah, they're definitely not rushing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Here's hoping that CDproject will put perturbator and carpenter brut music in game. Other than that looks almost perfect.

Deleted
    What I'm personally interested in most right now is what the modding of the game will be like, how it will implement multiplayer if at all, and if it will, can there be some RP overhaul mods, like FiveM for GTA. I'm dying to do some proper voice acted RP in a game and 2077 would be the perfect setting for that.

yeah well ok it looks cool and it will probably be an awesome game but seeing this all i could think of was that I want a new game in the witcher universe instead ;(

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear there's character customisation and I am all in on that
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

You can bet the story and quests are gonna be top notch. All that remains to be seen is how they handle the gameplay / combat for this game.