Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You do realize the PS5/XSX are powerhouses right? Their GPU's being on par with a 2070S's. this is a really bad and uninformed take.

First off PC's are also having problems and second a majority of the problems come from the game being on last gen systems. Current gen systems also has issues but mainly bugs and crash's. The performance of the game is solid on PS5/XSX.

So Correction: Its a mess everywhere.
    Why are you focusing solely on the next gen? Cyberpunk was announced BEFORE ps4 even came out and it's horrendous on PS4. It was also marketed as running fine there. It doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Wave your console hate boner somewhere else because guess what mate, Witcher 3 sold the most on consoles and that funded Cyberpunk where nearly half the pre-orders was.
    How does that absolve consoles for continuously being problems for devs and the continuous butchering of games that followed?

If you are playing Cyberpunk on consoles, you are mostly screwed and that's that. PC players have it way better. Which are the majority by the way for Cyberpunk. If you game it on console you're the minority my friend.

Too late I already picked it up for PS4 yesterday. I just been so preoccupied I can't get around to trying it out yet. Hopefully they make a patch or something with fixes. Since everyone keeps talking about how buggy it is. I'm not sure how my PC would've handled it. So I didn't bother looking into it that closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Why are you focusing solely on the next gen? Cyberpunk was announced BEFORE ps4 even came out and it's horrendous on PS4. It was also marketed as running fine there. It doesn't.
    No shit welcome to the rest of the thread, But on PS5/XSX it runs at 60FPS just fine. If they couldn't get it to run well on PS4/XB1 they shouldn't have released it on it.

If you are playing Cyberpunk on consoles, you are mostly screwed and that's that. PC players have it way better. Which are the majority by the way for Cyberpunk. If you game it on console you're the minority my friend.
    You keep saying consoles meaning all and that isn't true. If you are playing it on PS5/XSX it runs just fine besides the bugs that you can also get on PC.

Swing your console hateboner somewhere else my guy. Not going to entertain you any longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    Too late I already picked it up for PS4 yesterday. I just been so preoccupied I can't get around to trying it out yet. Hopefully they make a patch or something with fixes. Since everyone keeps talking about how buggy it is. I'm not sure how my PC would've handled it. So I didn't bother looking into it that closely.
    Ya a patch isn't going to fix what is a hardware issue. Cyberpunk is CPU bottlenecked on PS4/XB1 that's why it also runs like shit on the Pro and X.
    My Console: PlayStation 5
    My Gaming PC: Alienware Alpha R1: i7-4785T/16GB DDR3/GTX 860M/512GB SSD.
    My Gaming Laptop: Acer Nitro 5: i5-8300H/16GB DDR4/GTX 1050Ti/256GB SSD.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    So is anyone allowed to discuss builds and playstyles here or is the threat just for shitting on the game and CDPR?

Personally, for the first run I am going with Nomad Street Samurai type (ie melee and guns), purely because it feels like something a Nomad would be better at than netrunning. There will be some cyberhacking obviously, but that will be the focus on the 2nd character. Any suggestions/discussion on relevant builds or any hints and tips would be welcome.
    Honestly after trying a pure guns playstyle on my first ditched character, the mix of handguns, katanas and hacking of my current one feels much, much better, almost as if the game was meant to be played that way. Flashbang grenade into slicing and dicing feels so cool and is very, very effective as katanas have better DPS than any gun looks like, and stagger enemies easily. Handgun for when there are too many enemies, and hacking for sticky situations. Being able to lower enemy resistances resistances (even at very low skill levels, 30% less resistance over an entire squad is no joke) and disable the weapons of guys with LMGs and such saved my bacon quite a few times.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not a next-gen game. Development started before either next-gen console was announced or the console makers were talking to anyone back in 2012.
    So? It doesn't matter when you start development. It matters the scope and scale of the game. Otherwise you would be calling Star Citizen a game that can run on 2012 hardware because that is when it started development. It is very much on them so there is no reason for quotes but there is no reason to use stupid definitions. It is their fault for continuing to support last gen consoles despite them not being able to handle the game.

They are even still supporting GPU from 2013. I haven't really seen reports of how well it runs on those GPU's but I would imagine it is the same as with the last gen consoles. They experience obviously has suffered from having a wide range or requirements.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-12-11 at 08:52 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

For the life of me, I do not know why anyone would design a UI like this. It's so frustrating to me that I can not wait for a mod or patch... something. Terrible!

The toughest thing about this game to me is struggling with this clumsy UI. Sometimes you press F, sometimes R, other times TAB, but you might also have to use E, Q, N, T, and some things you left-click on and others you scroll wheel... WHO IN THE FUCK.

I just gave up on all hacking. Not worth the trouble for me. I am just shooting everyone. Screw it! I can take down the whole city practically and there is no real penalty for it- you can still do the quests, can't kill the quest givers, cops give up eventually if you kill enough of them or just drive away.

So why am I gonna fuss about trying to hack a TV for 5 minutes when I have a rocket launcher in my arm, an uzi with homing bullets, and a sniper rifle that shoots through walls. Run it.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-12-11 at 09:14 PM.
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    You sure? Because the "game" part of the witcher series was mediocre at best (starting with serious combat balance issues *cough* underwater crossbow *cough* ending on the very artificial feeling of combat flow overall) while the "Witcher" part was not created by CDP at all, but merely adapted.
    okay... sorry you didn't like Witcher? You want a cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The toughest thing about this game to me is struggling with this clumsy UI. Sometimes you press F, sometimes R, other times TAB, but you might also have to use E, Q, N, T, and some things you left-click on and others you scroll wheel... WHO IN THE FUCK.
    Do you have specific examples? Because everything is consistent from my experience and each different button push is for different things. So its not sometimes f or sometimes r, or sometimes tab. Because you have to activate or use different things. Complaining about that is like complaining about not being able to spam one button to do a rotation in a game like World of Warcraft. The only real issue is that things like Messages can only be accessed from the top level and you can't quickly switch to it from the Journal screen that you are grouped with. Or if you can they don't do a good job of conveying it. The info screens being tied to Z are a little bit of an issue as well for default controls.

Just like they don't tell you that double tapping alt will holster your weapon.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Do you have specific examples?
    Yea, like when I am selling items there is no way to keep that Confirm/Y as a single consistent button. Or when you loot, sometimes it indicates you need to Hold or Press the button and if you remap it then displays the remapped button but only the original binding works- the phone calls also are like this.

Pick up the body with R, but drop it with E.

There were some vehicle controls as well I do not remember that functioned in a nonintuitive manner for me- but I just stopped messing with them altogether out of frustration. And so on.
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

Whoa, Smart Weapons are ridculous.

I am walking terror in this game. I can fight the entire city easily.
    I'm tempted to avoid them - I turned off aim assist from the beginning, and have been sticking to power weapons (I like the single shot pistols, full auto SMGs/ARs). I love it when you're picking at an enemy and they rush you, and as they round the corner you empty an SMG in their face.

That's also something that works well - staggering (other games I've played in the past, the melee enemy would be free to hit me while literally swallowing lead). Do enough damage in a short amount of time and enemies can be stunned, staggered or knocked back. They'll also seek better cover or hide while healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Personally, for the first run I am going with Nomad Street Samurai type (ie melee and guns), purely because it feels like something a Nomad would be better at than netrunning. There will be some cyberhacking obviously, but that will be the focus on the 2nd character. Any suggestions/discussion on relevant builds or any hints and tips would be welcome.
    Mostly been trying a jack of all trades build - but so far at only level 10, it hasn't got an expansive toolset yet.

So why am I gonna fuss about trying to hack a TV for 5 minutes when I have a rocket launcher in my arm, an uzi with homing bullets, and a sniper rifle that shoots through walls. Run it.
    Excellent, this is usually my preferred playstyle so I'm looking forward to a hilarious "blow up ALL THE THINGS AND CONSEQUENCES BE DAMNED" playthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    I'm tempted to avoid them - I turned off aim assist from the beginning, and have been sticking to power weapons (I like the single shot pistols, full auto SMGs/ARs). I love it when you're picking at an enemy and they rush you, and as they round the corner you empty an SMG in their face.

That's also something that works well - staggering (other games I've played in the past, the melee enemy would be free to hit me while literally swallowing lead). Do enough damage in a short amount of time and enemies can be stunned, staggered or knocked back. They'll also seek better cover or hide while healing.
    I was messing around with handguns and trying to be stealthy/hacky for a bit. But realized this kinda sucked and laying waste to everything was so efficient and profitable, I just been doing that.

I walked into an area where some guys in Chinatown had 3-star bounties on them, about 6 or so. Literally did an 80s action movie move where I cranked out the Uzi unleashed and they all dropped dead in seconds. I just pointed in their general direction.

Another thing, this is yet another game where I am collecting scrap/junk and upcycling it to some other thing. So many games have me collecting fucking BITS nonstop. Sweet maple syrup, come up with a new mechanism already.

Still, it's all a lot of fun.

So there is a sniper in the game that lets just say if you want something dead it kills it anywhere, including though buildings lol.
    My Console: PlayStation 5
    My Gaming PC: Alienware Alpha R1: i7-4785T/16GB DDR3/GTX 860M/512GB SSD.
    My Gaming Laptop: Acer Nitro 5: i5-8300H/16GB DDR4/GTX 1050Ti/256GB SSD.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Smart weapons combined with perks does seem to be a little to powerful. It feels a little like cheating even though it is part of the way the weapons work. I have the eye mod that makes all weapons non-lethal and smart weapons target limbs but the headshot bonus you can get pretty easily isn't worth giving up. Not sure how that mod really works since it seemed to kill things still and a quest that asked for non-lethal registered it as normal.

Either it is bugged or only works with smart weapons which I didn't have at the time. I also out level the starting areas now so most things drop. I do wish that grenades were more useful since they often aggro the cops because you damaged a civilian or car or something. The crafting perks do help you keep your favorite look/items upgraded.

So if cyberpunk doesnt work well on the xbox one then i guess i wont be playing it.

well i hope everyone else is having fun with it.
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    I just got a 1GB update to CP2077 no idea what that means.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I just got a 1GB update to CP2077 no idea what that means.
    https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12...epilepsy-issue

Epilepsy fix/warning, lots of other stuff including fixing some of the music copyright stuff in the "streamer friendly" version.

I haven't decided if I like this game yet or not.

The bugs kind of bug me, but I think it's the overall clunky behavior of the game that keeps me on the fence. For something in development so long, it's baffling that so little time seems to have been spent on tuning user interaction and general user experience. I think this is the first game I've played in years where the default keys are in conflict - C crouches and skips dialogue? A lot of keys desperately do need to be consolidated, but that's just a goofy choice.

Plays really smoothly, though. I was surprised to read so many reports about poor performance. Apparently my GTX 1070 is carrying all of the weight, because every other component in my computer is about 8 years old but runs this thing flawlessly on Ultra.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Honestly after trying a pure guns playstyle on my first ditched character, the mix of handguns, katanas and hacking of my current one feels much, much better, almost as if the game was meant to be played that way. Flashbang grenade into slicing and dicing feels so cool and is very, very effective as katanas have better DPS than any gun looks like, and stagger enemies easily. Handgun for when there are too many enemies, and hacking for sticky situations. Being able to lower enemy resistances resistances (even at very low skill levels, 30% less resistance over an entire squad is no joke) and disable the weapons of guys with LMGs and such saved my bacon quite a few times.
    Yeah, I feel like I might end up with more hacking than I originally planned purely because it lets you deal with situations in a much cleaner way than simply shooting or melee. At least that's my impression so far, even though I haven't done too much combat yet because I like just going around exploring Night City.

A question about the events that pop up: if you get involved and shoot members of X Gang, let's say Tiger Claws, does anyone know if they hold a beef against you or do you simply build/destroy relations with the gangs via specific quests only?

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    C crouches and skips dialogue? A lot of keys desperately do need to be consolidated, but that's just a goofy choice.
    You can also hit control but it is only useful to stand back up during dialogue. Since control is a crouch with C being a toggle for stealth. I am pretty sure stealth works the same either way so it is a little weird to have a difference instead of just a toggle in settings for hold to crouch or press to stay crouched.