Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Ok some minor gripes.

1. Why is picking things up such a chore / unresponsive? I feel like I have to stare at them, shuffle around them, crouch, or look away / look back to pick them up.
    2. The game looks great for the most part, but MAN the quality takes a dump as soon as you open up that inventory screen. Why does your character look like a ps2 character there?
    3. Menus. Dear god. Please. Just way too much going on, I have no idea what to look at. Meaningless numbers, unintuitive navigation, information overload.
    4. Car driving is such a pain. Why can car driving never feel easy and responsive in ANY of these kinds of games? Have these people ever driven a car? It's really not that hard.

Just found out they have Converge on the Soundtrack, which makes it 14,3% more awesome.

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    If you want proof ask any relevant gaming journalist that was refused access to the console versions on the game and had to play it on PC with certain specs so they didnt get any tired faces memes hitting the net before the game released tanking their pre-orders.

Its pretty cut and dry dunno why you are being so hostile about it.
    You mean the people who didn't get early review access because CDPR didn't want those same people to just bitch about politics instead of actually reviewing their game? Which they still did anyway because sites like Kotaku and Polygon are run by brain addled babies wearing adult sized clothing that do nothing but cry about social justice and try to virtue signal at every opportunity. No shit they prioritized streamers, it makes sense to in order to hype up your product, rather than have those mongoloids trying to shit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    You mean the people who didn't get early review access because CDPR didn't want those same people to just bitch about politics instead of actually reviewing their game? Which they still did anyway because sites like Kotaku and Polygon are run by brain addled babies wearing adult sized clothing that do nothing but cry about social justice and try to virtue signal at every opportunity. No shit they prioritized streamers, it makes sense to in order to hype up your product, rather than have those mongoloids trying to shit on it.
    Are you done?

That was a rather pointless and incoherent rant about gaming journalists. Which wasnt even my point.

Businesses should inform you of what you are buying not hide its flaws hoping they never see the light of day.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So far it doesn't seem like it has an effect. I haven't been attacked on sight by anyone unless I was in a hostile area. Even some of the crime scenes I can walk up and start blasting pretty close. But now that I have a smart pistol I have stopped caring about stealth in most cases and just do a scan to double check level since I've died a few times from stopping in a new part of town to do stuff and not realizing that they are so far above my level they will basically one shot me.
    Thanks for the clarification, same for @Jastall, much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I watched the entire video, there is never a point where it gets actually unplayable.

I think people these days seem confuse actual unplayability with "not flawless to look at." They then insert their own unplayability because of their personal reaction to noticing that a transition is occurring between frames, even if that transition is still occurring faster than human response time.
    This exactly. It DIPS down as low as 15 but its not like its running at 15 the entire time and is completely unplayable. Hell the guys at DF even state that there will be a group of players that won't even care the game isn't flawless and will be happy with it. Don't listen to @Jtbrig7390. He's been known to say a game is “literally unplayable” for him if the game runs at 20fps or lower but once its on sale he'll buy it.......

I'd much rather listen to DF's analysis of the game though than the clickbait garbage Yongyea that @Hobb posted. Imagine trying to prove a point using that guy's videos...

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Surprisingly most of you blaming CDPR for fucking up console launch and none of you mentioned Microsoft and Sony, both of them 100% knew that game run like shit on the previous console generation but neither of them gave heads up also to warn people before purchase.
    Is it usual for console manufacturers to issue warnings and trash-talk 3rd party developers? I would've thought that was well outside their purview.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    No, they're talking about the fact CDPR didn't give console versions out for anyone to play. Polygon and Kotaku did get early access to the game for review purposes which is how they managed to get their reviews out before launch. If you want to whine about your delicate snowflake feelings being hurt because transgender people are allowed to talk about their experiences with a game that has explicitly used trans people in its marketing at least try to be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Is it usual for console manufacturers to issue warnings and trash-talk 3rd party developers? I would've thought that was well outside their purview.
    Nope, it's not usual for console manufacturers to trash talk 3d party developers.

The most they care about is more along the lines of "will this brick hardware?" or "is there anything in here that could be an avenue for hacking into the system?"

If someone wants to put an absolutely god awful game on PSN, Sony won't stand in their way like that otherwise.
    Last edited by zealo; 2020-12-12 at 11:11 AM.

I appreciate this video was posted a few days pre-release, but since I did ask about a Street Samurai build, he does mention how to create something similar to it (the Gun-Fu, at 14:14). Bonus points from me because thematically (blades and pistols) it reminds me of the sweetest looking deck from TSW, the Paladin. I will see if I can recreate the Paladin look if I end-up going with it and not branch out to more range weapons and/or pure melee, but I suspect Corpo might have more suitable clothing options for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT-Ofw1o53w

playing on PC with ultra preset and high textures and holy shit advertisements (and other kind of this like that) in lizzies bar for example are soooo fucking low resolution i barely can see shit

compared to Star Citizen where EVERYTHING in the world, every advert, screen, meaningless item has sharp as fuck resolution this is just pain to watch
    i5-6600 3.3GHz|16 GB RAM|GeForce GTX 1070
    EVE Online referral link: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?in...a-e190e6a28fd5|receive 750,000 Skill Points
    Star Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    This exactly. It DIPS down as low as 15 but its not like its running at 15 the entire time and is completely unplayable. Hell the guys at DF even state that there will be a group of players that won't even care the game isn't flawless and will be happy with it. Don't listen to @Jtbrig7390. He's been known to say a game is “literally unplayable” for him if the game runs at 20fps or lower but once its on sale he'll buy it.......

I'd much rather listen to DF's analysis of the game though than the clickbait garbage Yongyea that @Hobb posted. Imagine trying to prove a point using that guy's videos...
    There is absolutely no excuse for 15 fps. Well, except one: the game is simply too demanding for last gen consoles... which I believe it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    There is absolutely no excuse for 15 fps. Well, except one: the game is simply too demanding for last gen consoles... which I believe it is.
    This seems to be the take away for me. If you want the best graphics and fidelity, play on a good PC. Same as always.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You clearly didn't watch the video if you think 15fps is perfectly playable.
    lol, i was mythic raiding with less than 10 fps without any significant problem for years, damn i even killed jaina with less than 6 fps xD
    the biggest problem is the texture loading, but that has nothing of uplayability
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    lol, i was mythic raiding with less than 10 fps without any significant problem for years, damn i even killed jaina with less than 6 fps xD
    the biggest problem is the texture loading, but that has nothing of uplayability
    There's no way you contributed shit to any mythic raid at 10 fps or lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    A 15 year old PC doesn't meet the min spec for it, So it wouldn't be expected to run on that hardware.

Holy shit the amount of bending over people are doing for CDPR is amazing. If this was EA or Ubisoft you all would be holding their feet to the fire. Since the defenders of CDPR is here ill see myself out.
    And neither does a PS4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    I have a PS5. There is no PS5 edition. It runs the super duper broken PS4 version.

So...... what was your point again?

Game shouldn't been released on this state. Period.
    Trying to play a brand new game on a really old system is just stupid. No way around that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    So demanding it looks far worse then other last gen games like GoT, TLOU2 or RDR2 that are mostly a locked 30 fps on those systems. There is nothing special about this game graphically on those systems to have such terrible performance on them.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    No. No, you didn't. You may have played the game, but you didn't contribute in any meaningful way. And this is from somebody who's been playing games since before Voodoo was a part of a card in your computer, so I think I have some authority to speak on this
    Still calling them out, one infraction at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    No. No, you didn't. You may have played the game, but you didn't contribute in any meaningful way. And this is from somebody who's been playing games since before Voodoo was a part of a card in your computer, so I think I have some authority to speak on this
    Let's be fair, if you manage to stay alive until the end of the fight you've already contributed more than half the raid group.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Let's be fair, if you manage to stay alive until the end of the fight you've already contributed more than half the raid group.
    If half of the raid group dies you don't kill Mythic bosses. This ain't classic my dude, not sure what you're talking about.

My Current Gaming Platform: PlayStation 5
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.