Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That, and good luck even trying to find a fairly high end GPU right now, at least without paying a ridiculous price.
    I figure if I'm getting 60 FPS on a now 5 year old GPU at 2K resolution on Medium-High settings, I'll take it. Until such time as I can afford something better, I'm content with what I have that isn't broken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    You've been on these forums for 7 years and are just now realizing JT's main purpose in life is to look up stuff on the internet and use the information found to argue with people here in order to prove he is always right? Sorry, man.

To be fair, Tech is the same but he at least puts forth cognizant arguments, seems to know more of what he argues about directly rather than just googling about it, knows how to spell, and also knows how to use proper grammar.
    Now if only he could learn the difference between Where and Were in sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I figure if I'm getting 60 FPS on a now 5 year old GPU at 2K resolution on Medium-High settings, I'll take it. Until such time as I can afford something better, I'm content with what I have that isn't broken.
    My 1660 Super is doing good in normal gameplay at Medium/High. Driving tanks the FPS to 40-something but I manage. I was planning on upgrading to a solid 1440p setup such as a 2070 or 3060 but these things now cost a fucking fortune so forget it, I'll wait till next summer or something.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its not designed to be played on the old console plain and simple its for next gen consoles and reasonable PC builds, you just need to look at the min run requirements and that tells you what you need to know and the ps4 is far below what the game requires so obviously it wont run well on a 7 year old console.

Its primary design is for PC everything else is secondary.
    If it's not designed to be played on the old consoles, it shouldn't release on the old consoles. Why is that so hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You could just let the argument go instead of adding more pages of senseless arguing.
    Where do you think you are?

Game runs perfect for me on 4K, high settings. Never drop below 60fps. I do have a 3080 though

I get small bugs here and there, like my head popping out of the car rarely for a split second, or an echo bug sometimes in an elevator, nothing major.

I do feel bad for people on consoles or lower end PCs, must suck not to be able to play a great game.

Game is basically the W3 in 2077, outside of a growing beard and hair.

Standard AI for civilians is dumb, just like the W3, like they didn't even bother with it.

edit: I aint posted here for a long time, why the hell is my post count at 224? It was over 10,000 lol.
    Last edited by Tekko; 2020-12-13 at 04:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got an upgrade to my tech shotgun...the pattern for crafting the blue version of the same shotgun. I've seen TONS of power shotguns, all kinds of smart weapons, but only the one single double-barrel tech shotgun. It works really good, it's carried me the whole game. One shot often knocks down most enemies, the second one finishes them off. With all my perks it's insane. But I really want to break out of that pattern with a weapon that gives me more than two shots per reload and still benefits from all my perks.

Sorry if it was posted before, adding it again for visibility - (temporary) performance fix for AMD/Ryzen cpus:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...ostly/gfjf1vo/

I got pretty good gains on my R5-3600.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2020-12-13 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    This is patently false. I know of a number of users who are running top of the line hardware and the game crashes on them every hour or so. I'm playing the game on the system specced out in my signature, and it is running fine. The game's performance seems to be entirely subjective and varies from user to user.
    Welcome to the world of PCs, where not everyone knows how to properly use the hardware they have.

Actually having fun with the game. 20 hours in, not a single crash and apart from some bugs (which are sometimes annoying), the game runs great on my 5600xt/r53600 high/ultra 1080p.
    Hopefully they fix the issues console players have.

10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone on PS4, try turning off motion blur and film grain. Doesn't fix the bugs but makes the game look a tiny bit better.

Turning down population density can also make a big difference as well.

I was having some stutters in the open city before I did that. It made a really noticeable difference.

I'm using an old rig that doesn't make recommended specs (1050, 8GB RAM, installed on HDD as the SSD isn't big enough for the OS and the game) and the game still looks quite good on low settings. In about 16 hours I've had just 1 CTD and only the occasional graphical glitch. Haven't spotted any since the last patch yet either.

just dont get it for 8 year old systems, simple. If you own one of those ancient devices then just dont get cyberpunk. Got a pc? play the game

I'm sure down the line it will be revealed execs insisted cyberpunk be put on last gen consoles despite the time it would be consume, against the wishes of more sensible individuals who didn't want to waste enormous amounts of time crushing their workforce to do it under tight deadlines and delays. "how about we just ditch it and focus getting it working even better on nextgen and PC instead of repeated delays?"

The situation screams of it or similar sounding circumstances.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2020-12-13 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    I'm sure down the line it will be revealed execs insisted cyberpunk be put on last gen consoles despite the time it would be consume, against the wishes of more sensible individuals who didn't want to waste enormous amounts of time crushing their workforce to do it under tight deadlines and delays. "how about we just ditch it and focus getting it working even better on nextgen and PC instead of repeated delays?"

The situation screams of it or similar sounding circumstances.
    When they started development they were not last gen consoles so this makes 0 sense

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    When they started development they were not last gen consoles so this makes 0 sense
    Which is why i said "similar sounding circumstances". At some point in development, someone decided to throw in a whole new bunch of work to load the devs down with mid-cycle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    how can a company learn from their mistakes and grow into something better if people are not allowed to tell them that they messed up.

well in Bethesda case i dont they have completely learned from fallout 76 yet.
    Apparently it took them 2y, but they managed to (mostly) fully fix the game and add proper content. So here is that.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    They actually explicitly said in 2018 that CP2077 was made for current consoles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    just dont get it for 8 year old systems, simple. If you own one of those ancient devices then just dont get cyberpunk. Got a pc? play the game
    Thats not exactly fair is it? Playing CP2077 on PC is incredible, but a lot of marketing went into ps4 and xbox one. You should be able to buy and play a game that devs said it was designed for, shouldnt you? If you picked up a copy for ps4 or xbox one, your experience isnt what was advertised, especially when devs made comments like its "incredibly optimized" to run on said consoles.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-12-13 at 09:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone tried this on Stadia? Considering it since I cba upgrade my PC.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Anyone tried this on Stadia? Considering it since I cba upgrade my PC.
    Its in GeForce Now, which I heard good things about assuming you have a stable connection. It's free to try so you could play another game first to see if you like it or not.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    They actually explicitly said in 2018 that CP2077 was made for current consoles.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats not exactly fair is it? Playing CP2077 on PC is incredible, but a lot of marketing went into ps4 and xbox one. You should be able to buy and play a game that devs said it was designed for, shouldnt you? If you picked up a copy for ps4 or xbox one, your experience isnt what was advertised, especially when devs made comments like its "incredibly optimized" to run on said consoles.
    It probably is incredibly optimized for those consoles. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be playable even at all.

A base ps4 is joke hardware wise.

Even though it runs poorly you're probably getting close to the best the game can run on that kind of hardware.

All you have to do is compare the pc minimum specs to the base ps4 specs and see what I'm talking about.