Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Me. I have it on PS4 and PC.

It is playable. It may not perform how you want it though. These are not the same things. Not performing how you would like, does not mean it does not work.

The game just needs to run to work. If you put this in the PS4 and just a black screen came up instead of the game, then you can say it does not work. It might look like ass and run similarly, sure, but it is still a product that plays. Tough maracas.

It does. Absolutely.

This is subjective. What if Bob doesn't mind clipping? Or Anna can't tell the difference in performance?
    Also, are people forgetting that Witcher 3, even now, has tons of bugs and weird oddities that are funny/entertaining to jarring/disappointing. The devs literally mocked their own Roach glitches in the GOTY version video and in some of the quest writing in Blood and Wine.

Bugs is only a part of the issue at play here. How about the AI, shocking dialogues, lack of customisation, no choices on dialogues or story, and the driving that feels like a 2008 game?

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Bugs is only a part of the issue at play here. How about the AI, shocking dialogues, lack of customisation, no choices on dialogues or story, and the driving that feels like a 2008 game?
    Why make a new account to say this? So weird.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Why make a new account to say this? So weird.
    Cause I'm interested in the discussion. I've noticed both here and in other reviews that people argue as if bugs and graphics issues are the only thing wrong with this game.

If this game was running smooth, it would still be poor.

some highlights from playing 20+ hours so far:

- every time misty plays tarot there are no cards. i cant see them ... i have to belive what she tells me
    - i had to break a glass window to enter a locked building, so i broke it and tried to enter, but as soon as i touched the remaining glass i got pushed about 170m back in an instant
    - on my drive to the badlands the terrain permanently clipped through the floor of the car
    - so so many funny interactions during driving

i can live with all that, because im enjoying most of the game, but damn

To everyone saying that CDPR didn't say that the game will run good, just be able to run, on last gen systems(I saw a few, couple of pages back):

Just... google it! You will find articles upon articles where the CEO states, and I quote, "the game runs surprusingly well" on last gen. And that was 2 WEEKS before the game released.(they even delayed it to get it working "properly" on ps4).

Honestly, to me this is one of, if not, the biggest scams in recent video game history.

I remeber when arkham knight came out and people beat it to the ground for less than this atrocious piece of shit. How can this company have so many fanboys?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Welcome to the world of PCs, where not everyone knows how to properly use the hardware they have.
    It has nothing to do with the end user. I literally did nothing and the game runs fine for me right out of the gate. There's something wrong with the code that is messing up RTX based systems I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    To everyone saying that CDPR didn't say that the game will run good, just be able to run, on last gen systems(I saw a few, couple of pages back):

Just... google it! You will find articles upon articles where the CEO states, and I quote, "the game runs surprusingly well" on last gen. And that was 2 WEEKS before the game released.(they even delayed it to get it working "properly" on ps4).

Honestly, to me this is one of, if not, the biggest scams in recent video game history.

I remeber when arkham knight came out and people beat it to the ground for less than this atrocious piece of shit. How can this company have so many fanboys?
    When someone says "surprisingly well" that's clearly in reference to what the ideal experience is supposed to be. The console version is effectively like playing the game on Low settings.

This game feels alot like fallout 4 at launch.

I have to say the setting isnt dark enough for my liking, as a big fan of neuromancer i wish it was a bit darker like that.

its pretty much what you'd get if deus ex and gta v had a baby, the only problem ofc is that both of those games are just better at what they do.

I can't help but feel like the game play loop is exactly the same as tw3. the gear progression and itemisation is almost identical.
    it kinda bothered me that there was no real progression in terms of character status and wealth, you're in the same place at the end as you are in the beginning. nothing really changed all that much if at all. I can't say I cared about the characters that much. it didn't really seem to matter much how you build. I got to about level 23 maybe it gets better at 50? my guess is probably no. the sword I got off oda had like 800dps and I was just one shotting everything at that point with 0 points in blades. so many of the game mechanics are simply gimmicky and don't really add anything of actual value. the hacking and such is kinda lack luster for a game meant to revolve around that shit. there is barely any real puzzle or mini game variety.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-12-13 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It has nothing to do with the end user. I literally did nothing and the game runs fine for me right out of the gate. There's something wrong with the code that is messing up RTX based systems I think.

- - - Updated - - -

When someone says "surprisingly well" that's clearly in reference to what the ideal experience is supposed to be. The console version is effectively like playing the game on Low settings.
    Rtx user... Works great for me with dlss.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't noticed any bugs so far honestly on pc, but I played after the big day 1 patch.

Edit: I also updated my videocard drivers prior, I have an Intel CPU and I use the steam version. My PC is considered garbage now but it runs it ok.

TLDR: it werks on my machine.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2020-12-13 at 01:39 PM.

I was a bit worried when I heard reports of people saying it wasn't all that well optimized, it runs great on my 5700 XT/ i7-10700KF.

Admittedly both are close to top of the line so that is probably to be expected as there isn't much of anything that gpu and cpu can't run.

All of the cybermods except the arm and leg mods being passive and the utility of the arm mods being cut from the game killed it for me.
    I dropped the game as soon as I unlocked the monowire a little after the prologue and it had no hack synergy or even a special stealth kill animation (you hold it like a fucking garrotte) it was just a shitty melee weapon that scales with blunt for some reason apparently (i.e the opposite of what a stealth hacker would be stacking), it's essentially useless for a stealth hacker.

I hear the gorilla arms don't let low body characters rip open doors or turrets either and the mantis blades have one (1) canned kill animation (which is one more than the wire) and you can't pounce from roofs or anything it only works of flat surfaces.

Story was good though, I'll probably finish it if they ever add any depth to the cybermods.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Rtx user... Works great for me with dlss.
    Weird. One of my friends running a 3090 had it constantly crash on him so he just refunded. Whatever the issues are, I hope they patch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    All of the cybermods except the arm and leg mods being passive and the utility of the arm mods being cut from the game killed it for me.
    I dropped the game as soon as I unlocked the monowire a little after the prologue and it had no hack synergy or even a special stealth kill animation (you hold it like a fucking garrotte) it was just a shitty melee weapon that scales with blunt for some reason apparently (i.e the opposite of what a stealth hacker would be stacking), it's essentially useless for a stealth hacker.

I hear the gorilla arms don't let low body characters rip open doors or turrets either and the mantis blades have one (1) canned kill animation (which is one more than the wire) and you can't pounce from roofs or anything it only works of flat surfaces.

Story was good though, I'll probably finish it if they ever add any depth to the cybermods.
    I'm sorry if I come off as negative but I think 8 years for this is inexcusable.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    I'm sorry if I come off as negative but I think 8 years for this is inexcusable.
    It wasn't 8 years, it was 4. Do you seriously think they were doing anything but pre-production when GWENT was being made?

It wasn't 8 years, it was 4. Do you seriously think they were doing anything but pre-production when GWENT was being made?
    Ah right it's fine then!

7+ Year Old Account
    Gwent? The card game? Don't you mean Witcher 3 and it's DLC's, because no way that Gwent occupied them this much?

Ye, I wanted to wait like 1 month for bug fixes anyway, but at this rate I may even wait for first big DLC.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I've played about 13 hours so far and I figured I'd jot down my thoughts on the games strengths and weaknesses.

Pros:

Character customization and being able to pick builds that suit your play style is pretty good, though I wish you could reset your skill points to suit your situation.

The crafting system is also solid, though it feels like you can just either upgrade your favourite guns and armor or craft good equipment then keep upgrading them, making pickups useful for nothing but scrapping for materials.

Cyberhacking is CP2077's version of lock picking in Skyrim or using computer terminals in Fallout 4. However the whole hacking mechanic can allow you to outright kill enemy netrunners with relative ease later in the game once you've invested enough skill points. You can blind or disable enemies depending on what kind of hacks you have.

The story is probably one of the better features of the game. While it feels a bit lacking in setup, the overall story is solid and the number of missions and other story chains you can follow outside the main plot isn't bad either. The voice acting does a really good job of pairing up with the characters and their behavior in game is well scripted to the scenes.

The world itself is beautiful and visually pleasing even if the characters are all assholes.

Cons:

Collecting drops and items feels like a chore. Driving also still sucks on a keyboard because there's no accelerating motions.

The user interface isn't very good and needs a more cleaned up look. I get the aesthetic they were going for but it's just not well laid out. You can't favourite items in your inventory and there's no quick swap binding for changing things like grenades. It would also be nice if there was a more obvious method of determining an enemies danger to you as there were times I'd walk into an area to do a mission and then get two shot because I'm too low a level for it.

Environmental issues such as characters rubber banding and random collisions are among the problems of bugs in the game.

This is patently false. I know of a number of users who are running top of the line hardware and the game crashes on them every hour or so. I'm playing the game on the system specced out in my signature, and it is running fine. The game's performance seems to be entirely subjective and varies from user to user.
    Not crashed once for me. I've seen a bug here and there but nothing major.
    Some textures clipping and a car being teleportet leaving the driver flying like a bullet (super fun actually) but thats the only ones I can remember.

Seems polished enough to me and I've put quite a few hours into the game. Like most AAA games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If a product says "this is designed to run on the PlayStation 4" but runs like shit on the PlayStation 4 then it is a shit product.

If they didn't want to release a shit product they should have put in the work to make it run decently on the PS4 or scrapped that version and only released it on new-gen consoles.
    Again, it's your system that is "shit", not the game.
    Buy a new one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radisss View Post
    Cyberpunk was teased and advertised AND in development before PS4 and Xbox were even released, they had so many years to do it right yet GTA 5 on freaking Xbox 360 runs better and LOOKS just the same. If you don't have the know how to actually have a game properly stream textures on the consoles despite it's limitation, you dont deserve it even sell it in the store.

Why can TLOU2, RDR and GTA 5 run on the current hardware and look better, but CDPR has to "hide" their embarassment and not deliver review copies because it's utter garbage.

So what is the breaking point? 2 fps? 1 fps? picture book page turning? Technically the game is still running
    Nah, GTA V does not look the same.
    Cyberpunk looks amazing if you get a real, modern system. Just becuase they project started 10-15 years ago does not mean it should look like the games that came out back then and I'm thankfull for that.

Stop being cheap and get a real system. It's just that easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    It isn't the fault of users that CDPR willingly put out a version of their game on a system that can't handle it properly, instead of aiming that effort towards getting the PS5/Series X specific versions out earlier.

The product is shit alongside the hardware being shit.
    It's not, it works great for me. You're just cheap.