Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

  1. #3661
    The fall from grace is big, but as someone said the higher u are the more painfull the fall is.

    But its CDPR who decided they want to fuck with their fans and customers, so fuck them . Vote with wallets ppl
    The socialism will strangle all equally, the rich tomorrow, the poor the day after tomorrow. - Aleksander Fredro

  2. #3662
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I'm not shilling for shit and I haven't been hopping to their defense. I'm saying idiots trying to run __any__ new big bleeding edge game on one generation old console is an idiot.
    It's been pretty well established by pretty much everyone including CDPR that they dropped the ball with the last-gen versions and if they couldn't get it to work properly on those consoles then they shouldn't release it on those consoles, hence the refunds.

  3. #3663
    Epic! Redroniksre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Posts
    1,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    My ersonal review on this game.

    Game is good and i have fun...i playing every side-quest/objective/police-thingy on the map and i have already lvl 50 while campain is still on fresh start.

    Story is good. Gigs are fun. Game is really fine.
    10/10 would buy again.

    But

    It's not what they promised. Many things missing.Quite disapointing because corporations are most cool in this game. I saw in reddit all features that they cuted out and it made me sick.

    I stared corpo-patch and still my best friends are nomads while corpo is evil and V don't like them.

    I can ignore bugs..but how i am supossed to ignore that this game has less that few years old gta while they promised so much more.

    It's good game...but my preorder was for perfect game.

    And this game is far from perfect.
    It was never going to be a perfect game. That said i would put dampers on expecting this to be the new GTA. Despite what they market, it doesn't look like the open world is their main focus. I expect mostly story based DLCs.

  4. #3664
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Yooo this is some dumb stuff youre comparing... video games and movies arent even in the same conversation when it comes to frame rates. Movies dont 180' to shoot someone down. Movies dont rely on input delay to make games feel responsive. You clearly don't know what youre talking about.
    If you're trying to refute his argument, throwing random phrases around that don't mean anything won't do the trick. "Input delays" should be entirely separate from framerate, especially given that you are not responding to games with fractional millisecond precision.

    It's true, films and games are different. But no, a game does not become unplayable by dipping below 30 fps; 24fps was picked by the film industry because it's all your brain needs to be able to perceive motion. It's more than good enough for games, and the rest is just gravy. You've probably become used to very high frame rates, but I think a lot of the issues here are entirely in people's heads. For example, a huge number of games on last gen consoles are/were framerate locked at 30 fps, and the complaints were "I'd like to have more frames if they're available," not, "This game is unplayable because it has so few frames."

    I remember 2-3 years ago, people were posting "this game is literally unplayable" memes with screenshots of a framerate at ~40 for just-released games on the newest video cards. I wonder if the meaning got lost over time, sort of like how r/The_Donald started as a sub to troll the guy and his supporters but eventually turned into his fanbase when people forgot the joke.

  5. #3665
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Ok then, champ.
    "Oh, it appears I am wrong but I have no reply - I shall be obtuse instead"

    Keep dodging the questions that BTFO your argument btw

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    If you're trying to refute his argument, throwing random phrases around that don't mean anything won't do the trick. "Input delays" should be entirely separate from framerate, especially given that you are not responding to games with fractional millisecond precision.

    It's true, films and games are different. But no, a game does not become unplayable by dipping below 30 fps; 24fps was picked by the film industry because it's all your brain needs to be able to perceive motion. It's more than good enough for games, and the rest is just gravy. You've probably become used to very high frame rates, but I think a lot of the issues here are entirely in people's heads. For example, a huge number of games on last gen consoles are/were framerate locked at 30 fps, and the complaints were "I'd like to have more frames if they're available," not, "This game is unplayable because it has so few frames."

    I remember 2-3 years ago, people were posting "this game is literally unplayable" memes with screenshots of a framerate at ~40 for just-released games on the newest video cards. I wonder if the meaning got lost over time, sort of like how r/The_Donald started as a sub to troll the guy and his supporters but eventually turned into his fanbase when people forgot the joke.
    No one is saying unplayable

    It's just 30 frames isn't smooth - it's passable

  6. #3666
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    42,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    If you're trying to refute his argument, throwing random phrases around that don't mean anything won't do the trick. "Input delays" should be entirely separate from framerate, especially given that you are not responding to games with fractional millisecond precision.

    It's true, films and games are different. But no, a game does not become unplayable by dipping below 30 fps; 24fps was picked by the film industry because it's all your brain needs to be able to perceive motion. It's more than good enough for games, and the rest is just gravy. You've probably become used to very high frame rates, but I think a lot of the issues here are entirely in people's heads. For example, a huge number of games on last gen consoles are/were framerate locked at 30 fps, and the complaints were "I'd like to have more frames if they're available," not, "This game is unplayable because it has so few frames."

    I remember 2-3 years ago, people were posting "this game is literally unplayable" memes with screenshots of a framerate at ~40 for just-released games on the newest video cards. I wonder if the meaning got lost over time, sort of like how r/The_Donald started as a sub to troll the guy and his supporters but eventually turned into his fanbase when people forgot the joke.
    30 FPS is still not smooth or nice to look at no two ways about it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  7. #3667
    https://www.quartertothree.com/fp/20...yberpunk-2077/

    There's 66 critic reviews on metacritic. 60 are positive. 5 are mixed. This is the only negative and it's ruthless. Makes for a good read.

  8. #3668
    The Lightbringer Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    3,640
    Easily a 7/10 game

    Enjoyable, not perfect
    Never got the hype for it. I bought it because it reminded me of Shadowrun
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  9. #3669
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It's been pretty well established by pretty much everyone including CDPR that they dropped the ball with the last-gen versions and if they couldn't get it to work properly on those consoles then they shouldn't release it on those consoles, hence the refunds.
    When they delayed the game back in March/April, or hell even earlier, they should have just said, look, sorry guys, this thing has now expanded far, far beyond initial plans, old gen can't keep up and thus Cyberpunk becomes a next-gen title released in 2021 on PC and next gen consoles. We'll refund your pre-orders or convert them to a new-gen version as desired. There would have been a big controversy for sure because everything is a controversy in gamerland, but far less than the current shitshow I think.

    I just have a hard time believing that they didn't see the writing on the wall when playtesting the old gen versions. Maybe greed overtook their reason and the higher-ups decided that a massive sales spike right before the holidays was worth a loss in reputation from the borked release. I strongly doubt everyone at the company was OK with putting out such a broken mess. Imagine what it was before the delays.

    Then again, even if there were 0 actual bugs the game is choke full of jank, dodgy animations even when working as intended, bad AI, and incredibly half baked ideas like the broken wanted system that literally spawns cops on your ass even deep in poor districts or in Pacifica where they explicitly don't patrol. There's still a good to great game underneath it all, I'm having fun, but this feels like a title that doesn't come anywhere near reaching its fullest potential, whereas TW3 did. It needed 6 months to a year more in the oven, which after such a long time tells me that development must have been quite chaotic.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

  10. #3670
    Scarab Lord Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    If you're trying to refute his argument, throwing random phrases around that don't mean anything won't do the trick. "Input delays" should be entirely separate from framerate, especially given that you are not responding to games with fractional millisecond precision.

    It's true, films and games are different. But no, a game does not become unplayable by dipping below 30 fps; 24fps was picked by the film industry because it's all your brain needs to be able to perceive motion. It's more than good enough for games, and the rest is just gravy. You've probably become used to very high frame rates, but I think a lot of the issues here are entirely in people's heads. For example, a huge number of games on last gen consoles are/were framerate locked at 30 fps, and the complaints were "I'd like to have more frames if they're available," not, "This game is unplayable because it has so few frames."

    I remember 2-3 years ago, people were posting "this game is literally unplayable" memes with screenshots of a framerate at ~40 for just-released games on the newest video cards. I wonder if the meaning got lost over time, sort of like how r/The_Donald started as a sub to troll the guy and his supporters but eventually turned into his fanbase when people forgot the joke.
    I dont know what youre rambling about honestly lol, I didnt say unplayable once, not once..
    Input delay is largely based on frame rates. The difference from 60fps to 30fps is double input delay, making the game half as responsive. Frame rates are far more important in video games than movies, period.
    Last edited by Eugenik; 2020-12-17 at 04:50 PM.
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

  11. #3671
    I am Murloc! Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    5,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It's been pretty well established by pretty much everyone including CDPR that they dropped the ball with the last-gen versions and if they couldn't get it to work properly on those consoles then they shouldn't release it on those consoles, hence the refunds.
    I think that the situation is that it worked acceptably on upgraded consoles like PS4 Pro, but since there is no such thing as a PS4 Pro exclusive, they had to release a general last-gen version for people on those systems, even if they had the base version.

  12. #3672
    Scarab Lord Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    When they delayed the game back in March/April, or hell even earlier, they should have just said, look, sorry guys, this thing has now expanded far, far beyond initial plans, old gen can't keep up and thus Cyberpunk becomes a next-gen title released in 2021 on PC and next gen consoles. We'll refund your pre-orders or convert them to a new-gen version as desired. There would have been a big controversy for sure because everything is a controversy in gamerland, but far less than the current shitshow I think.
    People would have been upset, no doubt, but this would have been the right move either way. Delay last gen console release further, or cancel it altogether for last gen and wait for next gen. However, PC is running fine, there would have been no need to delay PC release.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I think that the situation is that it worked acceptably on upgraded consoles like PS4 Pro, but since there is no such thing as a PS4 Pro exclusive, they had to release a general last-gen version for people on those systems, even if they had the base version.
    Still not an excuse, is it?
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

  13. #3673
    The one redeeming thing about Cyberpunk 2077 is that its so bad its good.

    At least it's hilarious to play it right now till they hopefully they fix it.



  14. #3674
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    The one redeeming thing about Cyberpunk 2077 is that its so bad its good.

    At least it's hilarious to play it right now till they hopefully they fix it.
    Funny you post that because I was just coming here to post this -



    Laughed my ass off. I can't wait for them to whip the game into shape because I do want to play the hell outta it. Even if it's working just fine for plenty of folks, I'm super enjoying all the bugs and glitches.

  15. #3675
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    If you're trying to refute his argument, throwing random phrases around that don't mean anything won't do the trick. "Input delays" should be entirely separate from framerate, especially given that you are not responding to games with fractional millisecond precision.
    Higher frame timing and higher frame rate both reduce imput lag.
    This is why people play better CS:GO at 144Hz and 144+ FPS, If you play at 30 FPS on a lower refresh rate monitor you will play worse period. That's just a fact.
    This is why no one is taking you seriously when you're claiming a random bare minimum standard from a different media decided over 100 years ago is fine for video games.

    Also lol at the 2-3 years ago comment. People have been regularly playing AAA PC games 60 on non $8000 meme machines going back to the TB years, so try like at least 9 years
    EDIT: that's not even counting going all the way back to when basically every game ran at your monitor's refresh rate no matter what (so 50 or 60).
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-12-17 at 05:50 PM.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

  16. #3676
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    When they delayed the game back in March/April, or hell even earlier, they should have just said, look, sorry guys, this thing has now expanded far, far beyond initial plans, old gen can't keep up and thus Cyberpunk becomes a next-gen title released in 2021 on PC and next gen consoles. We'll refund your pre-orders or convert them to a new-gen version as desired. There would have been a big controversy for sure because everything is a controversy in gamerland, but far less than the current shitshow I think.

    I just have a hard time believing that they didn't see the writing on the wall when playtesting the old gen versions. Maybe greed overtook their reason and the higher-ups decided that a massive sales spike right before the holidays was worth a loss in reputation from the borked release. I strongly doubt everyone at the company was OK with putting out such a broken mess. Imagine what it was before the delays.

    Then again, even if there were 0 actual bugs the game is choke full of jank, dodgy animations even when working as intended, bad AI, and incredibly half baked ideas like the broken wanted system that literally spawns cops on your ass even deep in poor districts or in Pacifica where they explicitly don't patrol. There's still a good to great game underneath it all, I'm having fun, but this feels like a title that doesn't come anywhere near reaching its fullest potential, whereas TW3 did. It needed 6 months to a year more in the oven, which after such a long time tells me that development must have been quite chaotic.
    Realistically, last gen should have been yeeted out of development a couple of years ago. It was obvious even during early trailers and gameplay that the game wasn't suited for those consoles. And CDPR clearly aren't Panic Button, who did marvelous work porting Doom 2016 and Eternal to the Switch, a console so hilariously underpowered but still manages to make the games run great. But it also helps having a well optimized engine to work with, which clearly Red Engine in its current form isn't optimized to be efficient, making porting the game harder. I still think they should have focused on delivering the PC version for 2020 and the next gen console version in early 2021, it would have been a better use of resources.

    Management should be blamed for caving to shareholders and pushing out a garbage last gen product and one that is still broken but playable on the PC.

  17. #3677
    I am Murloc! Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    5,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Still not an excuse, is it?
    Actually, I argue that it is. Especially with the PS5 so hard to get. If Cyberpunk got the game to work on PS4 Pro, they were absolutely right in releasing it for PS4. That means base PS4 users like myself might end up with a broken game, but since there is no such thing as a PS4 Pro exclusive, there is no reason why Pro owners shouldn't get to play a game just because the base version can't cut it. If anyone is to blame it would be Sony and Microsoft for not allowing developers to create games exclusive to their upgraded consoles. The fact that people complain about base console Cyberpunk is no different than people complaining they can't play the game on an underpowered PC. It isn't CDProjekt's fault for creating it in the first place.

  18. #3678
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Actually, I argue that it is. Especially with the PS5 so hard to get. If Cyberpunk got the game to work on PS4 Pro, they were absolutely right in releasing it for PS4. That means base PS4 users like myself might end up with a broken game, but since there is no such thing as a PS4 Pro exclusive, there is no reason why Pro owners shouldn't get to play a game just because the base version can't cut it. If anyone is to blame it would be Sony and Microsoft for not allowing developers to create games exclusive to their upgraded consoles. The fact that people complain about base console Cyberpunk is no different than people complaining they can't play the game on an underpowered PC. It isn't CDProjekt's fault for creating it in the first place.
    "Blame Sony and MS". LOL no, that's not how it works and again Sony's own first parties have games that shit on Cyberpunk PS4 graphically and maintain 30 fps on the base console. Also the game doesn't run well on One X and PS4 Pro either so not sure what you're even talking about, instead of the drops being 10-15 fps they are 15-20 fps! It works on the Pro though lmao.

    It's time to stop using the "old consoles" excuse. They weren't old in 2015 when Witcher 3 was dropping to 20 fps on them, or had textures that would never load so it looked like an n64 game at times. They where 1.5 years old at the time. CDPR is just a janky ass developer that rushes out their products under crunch conditions. Time to accept reality. There is a reason the term "eurojank" exists when EU RPG devs where always making janky ass products and CDPR was part of that. Just seems people forgot because they really liked the story in Witcher 3 and ignored everything else about that game was a jank fest and that carried over into Cyberpunk which doesn't have as strong of a story but maintains all the jank.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-12-17 at 06:41 PM.

  19. #3679
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Actually, I argue that it is. Especially with the PS5 so hard to get. If Cyberpunk got the game to work on PS4 Pro, they were absolutely right in releasing it for PS4. That means base PS4 users like myself might end up with a broken game, but since there is no such thing as a PS4 Pro exclusive, there is no reason why Pro owners shouldn't get to play a game just because the base version can't cut it. If anyone is to blame it would be Sony and Microsoft for not allowing developers to create games exclusive to their upgraded consoles. The fact that people complain about base console Cyberpunk is no different than people complaining they can't play the game on an underpowered PC. It isn't CDProjekt's fault for creating it in the first place.
    This is becoming surreal

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    People would have been upset, no doubt, but this would have been the right move either way. Delay last gen console release further, or cancel it altogether for last gen and wait for next gen. However, PC is running fine, there would have been no need to delay PC release.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Still not an excuse, is it?
    Apart from bugs, there are clear signs that the game was rushed out, so it might run well on a PC in terms of specs, but still an unfinished mess. This game needed another year lol

  20. #3680
    I am Murloc! Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    5,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    "Blame Sony and MS". LOL no, that's not how it works and again Sony's own first parties have games that shit on Cyberpunk PS4 graphically and maintain 30 fps on the base console. Also the game doesn't run well on One X and PS4 Pro either so not sure what you're even talking about, instead of the drops being 10-15 fps they are 15-20 fps! It works on the Pro though lmao.

    It's time to stop using the "old consoles" excuse. They weren't old in 2015 when Witcher 3 was dropping to 20 fps on them, or had textures that would never load so it looked like an n64 game at times. They where 1.5 years old at the time. CDPR is just a janky ass developer that rushes out their products under crunch conditions. Time to accept reality. There is a reason the term "eurojank" exists when EU RPG devs where always making janky ass products and CDPR was part of that. Just seems people forgot because they really liked the story in Witcher 3 and ignored everything else about that game was a jank fest and that carried over into Cyberpunk which doesn't have as strong of a story but maintains all the jank.
    But it apparently runs fine on anything other than base PS4 and XBone. Yeah, I don't get why my PS4 is struggling so much with some of these things, it's not like I'm lagging in when there are tons of bullets or explosions on screen, it's things like pulling up the message menu or radio, the inability to go into third person on my vehicle, that sort of thing. But the fact that these problems don't exist or are much less pronounced on newer consoles means that there is obviously some technical problems I don't know about. Unless you are suggesting they intentionally crippled last gen console ports, or just slapped them together without optimizing it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •