Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its when people just say "Objectively bad" which isn't the case. And in the case of car customization, they never really claimed it would be a thing. The AI doesn't really bother me outside of well kneeling down scared(If they ran it would be far better). Also people seem to love using absolute statements like "Its garbage" "Garbage game" etc etc.

TLDR: We're taking the game as is not what it could of been.
    The driving AI is objectively bad because it doesn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

I need to find some other meaty game to play. Cyberpunk was meant to pass the time over the next few months when it's really cold outside and I don't need/feel like going out.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Probably hasn't filtered down the chain to all the outsourced CS folks, I imagine this is coming in pretty hot. Give it a few days and it sounds like they'll process your refund once they confirm you own the digital version. And upon re-reading, it doesn't sound like they're blanket refunding, only if you request it.
    I provided them both the twitter post and the official post on their website. They said it would be sent to someone as a special case or some shit and yet I got a email saying denied.They are saying the same thing as before, It was downloaded so it can't be refunded.

ill give it a few days and try again I guess.

With that said the debate is over. The game is in such a bad state Sony pulled it from PSN there is no defending CDPR at this point.
    My Console: PlayStation 5
    My Gaming PC: Alienware Alpha R1: i7-4785T/16GB DDR3/GTX 860M/512GB SSD.
    My Gaming Laptop: Acer Nitro 5: i5-8300H/16GB DDR4/GTX 1050Ti/256GB SSD.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

You know shit just got real when Sony has removed your game and offering refunds. CDPR probably lobbied for it to be removed but they will reap none of 'good intentions' I feel bad for the devs who worked hard on the project, not so much for the questionable business decisions.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-12-18 at 01:50 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Shit has indeed hit the fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I provided them both the twitter post and the official post on their website. They said it would be sent to someone as a special case or some shit and yet I got a email saying denied.They are saying the same thing as before, It was downloaded so it can't be refunded.

With that said the debate is over. The game is in such a bad state Sony pulled it from PSN there is no defending CDPR at this point.
    Probably need to get the proper tools in place since the store operates as refunds being an unprobable exception.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    CDPR probably lobbied for it to be removed but they will reap none of 'good intentions' I feel bad for the devs who worked hard on the project, not so much for the questionable business decisions.
    I really, really doubt the tried to get it removed. They likely tried to work on a refund deal, but there's no way they wanted it pulled entirely.

I feel bad for the "in the trenches" devs who had no control over any of this and busted ass too, and it's sad that if consequences fall on anyone it'll probably be them and not the management/executives who pushed for the early launch initial launch date announcement which put them on this collision course with drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Outright pulled from the PSN? That can't have happened very often.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Probably need to get the proper tools in place since the store operates as refunds being an unprobable exception.
    Likely that's why ill give it a few days. Honestly Sony should just put a button on the website, you click and it summits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Outright pulled from the PSN? That can't have happened very often.
    I don't recall it ever happening expect for afro samurai 2 when it got canned.
    My Console: PlayStation 5
    My Gaming PC: Alienware Alpha R1: i7-4785T/16GB DDR3/GTX 860M/512GB SSD.
    My Gaming Laptop: Acer Nitro 5: i5-8300H/16GB DDR4/GTX 1050Ti/256GB SSD.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    No, it's not like that at all. Aiming is a core game feature for a shooter, this wanted system is a minor, mostly irrelevant feature. Clearly all it's there to do is to give you a slight incentive to not kill civilians. It's not GTA, it's not trying to be GTA, it just has some GTA-like systems. It shouldn't be a surprise that a game more focused on those systems fleshes them out more.
    I'm going to admit aiming was an extreme example, but it was one used for clarity. I understand that things have to get cut (which opens up a whole other conversation about the game's lack of focus) and choices have to be made about what stays in. But if it's in it has to work, ideally up to the standards set by your compeitiors.

I do however take umbrage with this defence I see wholly too often that the game is not trying to be GTA (or at least like GTA). It's an open-world game, with carjacking, criminal behaviour, mission icons, side missions dotted around the map the list goes on.
    You don't get to slap a sickly wheezing 'rpg' shaped bandage over your game and hide behind that (especially when you drop rpg from the game description).
    If you make a game with so many similarities to GTA you invite being compared to gta, if you shape up poorly? As I said before if you want a seat at the table...
    Which brings me back to my first point. The wanted system is worse than the system in gta 3, an almost 20-year-old game.

Compounding the issue is (is suspect) the wanted system is this bad because the driving ai is nonfunctional. Cops can't scream into your location so the only solution is to TP them in behind your camera.
    We could even get into speculation about if it was intended to be more fleshed out but cut (which again I suspect because there was that big max-tec show off at the start but they never feature in the story) or that ad featuring Mr meme himself.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    What would you have done in their place? How would you sell a game to the masses that runs well on upgraded consoles but not on the base versions? They had shown PS4 Pro and XBox One X footage, that wasn't false. But there is no way they could sell those versions without selling for the base PS4 and XBone. If I had a PS4 Pro, and I couldn't buy the game because the base PS4 couldn't run it well, despite the fact that my console could, I would be pretty pissed.
    There's plenty they could have done

Here's a couple things:

1) Come straight out and say, before launch, that in order to get even bearable results you need at least a PS4 Pro. a "PS4 Pro Exclusive" tag isn't necessary for them to just straight up say that the regular PS4 just can't handle it. And it's not like it runs well on PS4 Pro either...it's just more bearable. The game they released is just not designed for last gen consoles...and should not have been released onto those consoles in the state it is in.

2) Release some footage showing how it plays on the previous generation consoles...so that people have an idea what they are getting into before buying.

Failure to take these steps is why CDPR is having to issue out mass refunds.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-12-18 at 02:29 AM.

Yikes.

I hope this isn't a one time thing, and that this sends a message to AAA studios.

You. Can. Not. Sell. Customers. Broken. Games. To. Meet. A. Deadline!

The system is horrible. Customers and developers suffering due to the greed of executives, the out of touch market researchers and accountants, and irresponsible managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yikes.

I hope this isn't a one time thing, and that this sends a message to AAA studios.

The system is horrible. Customers and developers suffering due to the greed of executives, the out of touch market researchers and accountants, and irresponsible managers.
    Yeah. They need to stop announcing things so early. If they change major elements of the game, they need to be open and honest about that. I wouldn't have bought the game or even been excited about it if it didn't tempt me with the lifepath system. Which amounted to very little compared to what was promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I'm going to admit aiming was an extreme example, but it was one used for clarity. I understand that things have to get cut (which opens up a whole other conversation about the game's lack of focus) and choices have to be made about what stays in. But if it's in it has to work, ideally up to the standards set by your compeitiors.

I do however take umbrage with this defence I see wholly too often that the game is not trying to be GTA (or at least like GTA). It's an open-world game, with carjacking, criminal behaviour, mission icons, side missions dotted around the map the list goes on.
    You don't get to slap a sickly wheezing 'rpg' shaped bandage over your game and hide behind that (especially when you drop rpg from the game description).
    If you make a game with so many similarities to GTA you invite being compared to gta, if you shape up poorly? As I said before if you want a seat at the table...
    Which brings me back to my first point. The wanted system is worse than the system in gta 3, an almost 20-year-old game.

Compounding the issue is (is suspect) the wanted system is this bad because the driving ai is nonfunctional. Cops can't scream into your location so the only solution is to TP them in behind your camera.
    We could even get into speculation about if it was intended to be more fleshed out but cut (which again I suspect because there was that big max-tec show off at the start but they never feature in the story) or that ad featuring Mr meme himself.
    You say at the top the game has a lack of focus, I'm more impressed by how broad it is than disappointed by how shallow some of the subsystems are. Most of the rest would just be repeating myself. At the end of the day I think the game is pretty fun, and while I get wishing some systems were different, landing on "fun" is rare enough that it's worth celebrating, and worth bearing in mind that if they had invested more in the subsystems you want, the overall game may have suffered.

What do you mean about dropping RPG from their description? Tried looking it up and I'm not seeing the story. Its genre is listed as RPG on Steam, though given everything it wouldn't be surprising if they tried to lie about the genre. It's an RPG primarily - that's not a bandage, it's clearly the core game system. It might be fair to say the game suffered a bit from feature creep, but I dunno. I'd rather the driving systems we have than just teleporting from location to location or whatever they would have gone with instead.

That ad you linked is extremely misleading. He's capturing the spirit of the city in what he says, but giving the impression he's describing the game. It's dodgy as hell. The business lied its ass off about the game (not just in marketing, the console launch looks like a disaster from over here in PCland) and deserve the hate they're getting for doing that. Despite all of that I'll be sad if we never see any kind of DLC or expansions, because there's a lot of good material to work with, it's a shame they weren't honest.

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    More like a few months then a year if we go by how PCs are handling it, the game is feature complete.

Probably cause that is waht happened, there was an article going around that seemed to imply a lot of features ended up not making it.
    Yeah, I think they might have gotten to a point where they realized that they'd be years more trying to complete their vision and just couldn't get over the hurdle or were pressured by the shareholders to get it out the door. So maybe if they do a sequel, it'll be more feature complete because now that they have a decent platform to build off of, they can only make it better.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    I hope they continue to support the game, abandoning it would be well the stuff people get mad at EA(Anthem) for.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yikes.

Ironic actually, seeing how Cyberpunk is basically telling that story.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

The game sold like hotcakes, it's still on top of the Steam charts for example and as per CDPR broke even with pre-orders alone. The console refunds might make a bit of a dent in their profits but overall the game will still be a huge money maker. I'd be very, very surprised if it doesn't get DLC of some description, even if it might be delayed a bit by their team working overtime on patches.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

Anyone who actually thought that the launch disaster was going to impact DLCs etc was crazy. They're going to do what they can to fix the game, absolutely, and focus on that but any planned DLC is still coming for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation/s...37360184078336

They actually did it. Bad press so loud it made the immovable object give an inch.

edit: Its actually worse than it first appears. Not only is Sony giving no questions asked refunds they have removed the PS4 version from the PSN entirely.

-for comparison Anthem is in the PSN end of year sale right now.

I've enjoyed some janky games in my time and defended them on their merits, but this is next level fanboyism.