Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

They are sure taking their time to release another patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I don't understand what your point is here - the devs are objectively at fault and shold be challenged - even if I personally like the game

A product is only worth what the consumer base as a whole says - not just the individual
    So? You as customer should not ever believe in marketing. If years of experience and other people experience didn't teach you to not believe in empty promises then that is on you. Refer to cartman about preordering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV69DyOuzbE

On the other hand if game is working fine for you and you are having blast, then no amount of other people issues should change your mind about it.
    That is just fueling shitstorms.
    Guys my game runs just fine but some other people have issues so fuck the company, big bad evil scum, they lied!

Product worth is personal, definitely not as whole. Something that is good for me can be dogshit someone else or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    On the other hand if game is working fine for you and you are having blast, then no amount of other people issues should change your mind about it.
    That is just fueling shitstorms.
    Guys my game runs just fine but some other people have issues so fuck the company, big bad evil scum, they lied!

Product worth is personal, definitely not as whole. Something that is good for me can be dogshit someone else or vice versa.
    Uh oh we've got another winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I don't know but I'm pretty sure a while back they said that when developement for Cyberpunk 2077 is complete, they will start working on the next Witcher game. Obviously they won't after what just happened but the next game will be a Witcher game regardless.
    Oh, well, that sounds cool too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Why is Shaggy being inconsiderate on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Big big patch inc Dec 21, according to some video game reporters.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/report-ma...xpected-dec-21

So 64.5 hours later I've completed all main & side campaign missions (level 44, street cred 50, hard running a high armor/crit/melee build) with only buying the cars and some of the NCPD hostile cleanups remaining.

My thoughts:

Despite waiting what seems an eternity for the game it should of been delayed further not only because of the previous gen console issues but because of the state of the game as it is currently, sure you can complete the game but it's riddled with bugs which I thought they stated they were hard at work to fix before launch.

One of the most annoying bugs I ran into was using Berserk and doing "superhero landings" sometimes made it so when using Gorilla arms wouldn't throw punches, the amount of times I had to reload a past checkpoint to simply have it functional became irritating.

Now I've completed it I've had a chance to reflect on my experience, it almost seems they played it safe with the title. All the systems are generic, the story I hate to say it is bland and anyone could work out the path the main arc was going waaaay before it was revealed in game. While I haven't played a second play through apart from the obvious decision to make it feels as though even if I had chosen different lines it wouldn't of made much difference, very linear.

And RPGs for me, I need a good story & characters to sink my teeth into and honestly Cyberpunk 2077 had neither of those really, I honestly can't remember much that happened, nothing stood out & this will be an unpopular opinion but casting Keanu completely broke my immersion to the game. I think my most fun moments in the game were with Panam character, the braindance scanning a scene through different layers was probably the only neat thing it's just a shame everything was highlighted for you and wasn't utilized more in the free flowing gameplay.

I don't recall any option (may be an oversight by me) but the fact everything is GPS'ed and indicated on the map makes the sense of exploration feel non-existent.

Played on PC it was surprisingly well optimized which honestly is probably the only real plus I have to say about it.

I'd rate it 6/10, a solid generic RPG but very much overhyped.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2020-12-19 at 01:13 AM.

CDPR had the perfect solo RPG formula with The Witcher 3. Them deciding to go a different direction with Cyberpunk was such a risky decision and didn't seem to pay off. They honestly should have stuck to doing what they do best, which is making narrative RPG's with deep side quests - and added a cyberpunk skin to it.

Quote Originally Posted by madmossy View Post
    It's ok we get it, we know idiots need all the help they can get.

Epilepsy and video games has been a thing since forever, in fact its a thing with television in general, as well as LED light bulbs and anything that has a noticible flicker at a certain frequency (refresh rate etc)

If your an epileptic and you know you are, you should already be well aware of the potential risks, if you need extra help with warnings just in case, then I'm afaid you have bigger problems!
    Wow, did you really call people that may have epilepsy idiots? Most video games and tv programs do not cause epileptic seizures anyway, but flat out calling people that have this disorder idiots is uncalled for. You don't see people here on the forums calling you an idiot for your poor use of grammar and punctuation. Get over yourself.

I don't believe anyone afflicted with it was even asking for the warning label anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Uh oh we've got another winner
    More like a healthy approach, copypasting some dumbass comic doesn't make you right. Companies are not your friend and beliving in santa (empty promises) only makes you look naive, not smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    CDPR had the perfect solo RPG formula with The Witcher 3. Them deciding to go a different direction with Cyberpunk was such a risky decision and didn't seem to pay off. They honestly should have stuck to doing what they do best, which is making narrative RPG's with deep side quests - and added a cyberpunk skin to it.
    i mean, the game is literally a w3 with a better combat system and cyberpunk setting.
    to be fair even a better worldbuilding, ingame ads are frankly one of the best thing i found in any game
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Didn't they saw there's no huge patches until Feb?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Didn't they saw there's no huge patches until Feb?
    Nope - https://www.windowscentral.com/cyber...y-and-february

Smaller fix rolling out before the holidays, but two bigger patches addressing issues in Jan/Feb.

Game was great until I found a pistol that does 800dps, shoots thru walls and goes full auto with a 20rnd mag. I don't even bother with stealth anymore. I just run in and murder everyone and I'm playing on Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nope - https://www.windowscentral.com/cyber...y-and-february

Smaller fix rolling out before the holidays, but two bigger patches addressing issues in Jan/Feb.
    Well they also consider patches and hotfixes to be different things even though their hotfixes are literally patches. They just released 1.05 patch tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    More like a healthy approach, copypasting some dumbass comic doesn't make you right. Companies are not your friend and beliving in santa (empty promises) only makes you look naive, not smart.
    Calls the comic dumb
    Literally misses the point of the comic so badly they restate it in their post

Like pottery...

Quote Originally Posted by AidanJLowe View Post
    I honestly can't remember much that happened, nothing stood out & this will be an unpopular opinion but casting Keanu completely broke my immersion to the game. I think my most fun moments in the game were with Panam character..
    I actually kinda agree with this, it's one thing to hear the same voice actors in every video game and anime. It's another to see 'real' hollywood talent. I don't think keanu's performance was phoned in, I'm just not sure this slow cross over of 'real' actors into the medium is going to be a good thing long term since more of the budget is going to go into hiring them.

It's kinda the same as martin sheen in mass effect.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-12-19 at 01:31 AM.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Adviceanon View Post
    Game was great until I found a pistol that does 800dps, shoots thru walls and goes full auto with a 20rnd mag. I don't even bother with stealth anymore. I just run in and murder everyone and I'm playing on Hard.
    What the hell Pistol is this? I have max Engineering and went deep into Tech weapons and found nothing of the sort. Street Cred 30-something.
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    What the hell Pistol is this? I have max Engineering and went deep into Tech weapons and found nothing of the sort. Street Cred 30-something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    You didn't watch the video all the way through .

Towards the end he shows you a simple level 1 quest to obtain a painting. This painting can be sold to any junk vending machine for $4000 and bought back for $5, which you can repeat into infinite. You can pretty much do this with any side quest item since they sell for more than their buy back cost, the painting is the most unbalanced.

In just a minute you'll have enough money to buy every top of line body mod, clothing, and clothing mod. Basically making yourself immortal and able to kill anything with one hit.
    You have to consider that you need street cred and levels to be able to actually use most upgrades. I've tried it in my game on hard (already finished the main storyline, got a great ending, anyway) and despite being somewhat sizeable in amount of eddies, it takes a lot of time to get enough to buy things that are worth it. And despite that, I still can't buy most of the overpowered gear because my skill in a specific branch isn't high enough, or my level is too low, or my street cred is too low. Hell, even upgrading weapons/gear takes so much resources that it takes a few minutes with that method to get even with the vendor. Theoretically, you could upgrade your weapon by a lot, but realistically it's so long and boring that you may as well do it the right way.

The only genuine thing this glitch gives you is enough eddies to buy stuff to round your character and buy vehicles. You're definitely NOT getting immortal or overpowered - unless you have an uncanny amount of time that you'd like to dedicate to the boring process.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Bethesda and EA release games at a far more often rate then once every 4 years. They can afford busts. This won't bankrupt CDPR but you're kidding yourself if you don't think this is massively impacting their bottom line. Just look at their stock tanking.
    What are you talking about? BGS have only been releasing games in a 3-5 years cycle since forever.

2002 Morrowind

2006 Oblivion

2008 Fallout 3

2011 Skyrim

2015 Fallout 4

2018 Fallout 76

And possibly 2021 for Starfield.

Their both in the same boat in the frequency of "releasing games". Not to mention CDPR is likely bigger than BGS, and CDP probably Zenimax as a whole. They were valued at 8.1 billion in May, while Zenimax (that's including BGS and all other game companies under it) was bought for 7.5 billion by Microsoft.

It's delusional to think they're smaller than BGS, when they are likely bigger. They even have double the employees, CDPR with over 800 while BGS with only 400.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    What are you talking about? BGS have only been releasing games in a 3-5 years cycle since forever.
    Last I checked Bethesda is more then BGS, genius. CDPR as a publisher releases one game every 4 years. Bethesda as a publisher usually releases multiple games a year. CDPR has all their eggs in a single basket, Bethesda does not. You don't seem to understand the difference between Bethesda Softworks and Bethesda Game Studios. One is a massive publisher and the other is a single dev studio owned by said publisher of which they own many. CDPR only has 3 dev teams and they where all working on Cyberpunk in one way or another(be it the SP or MP versions).
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-12-19 at 01:58 AM.