Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    After a second heated investor call and the stock value losing a billion dollars in value some sites are saying theres been a mass walkout or firing and the jobs page for cdpr just update: https://en.cdprojektred.com/jobs/

Thats a lot of hiring for cyberpunk 2077 development. Yeesh.
    As per typical the devs get blamed for something that is the fault of the suits. Crunched instead of hiring more talent, rushed game instead of letting it cook, fire/blame/force out the devs as a scapegoat and hire new ones. CDPR is showing they are the lowest scum atm because not even the most hated publishers like EA or Activision treats their devs like this. EA doesn't even allow crunch anymore, but gamers think they are the most evil game company oh how little gamers actually know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Last I checked Bethesda is more then BGS, genius. CDPR as a publisher releases one game every 4 years. Bethesda as a publisher usually releases multiple games a year. CDPR has all their eggs in a single basket, Bethesda does not.
    Last I checked CDPR is a game developer genius, not a publisher. The publisher is CD Project (note how there isn't a "Red" here) and they have the whole GoG under their belt. So fair comparison there buddy.

At least do a simple google search before you comment about things you know absolutely nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Their development arm, yes. But they have more than just the team that makes Skyrim/Fallout, including id, Machine Games, Zenimax Online Studios, and more.

The full list is far more expansive and includes Rage, Doom Wofenstein, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, The Evil Within, Prey, Dishonored and a number of other titles they've published - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ks_video_games

And valuation and actual sale price are usually two very different ball games. They are indeed smaller than Bethesda as a company overall, even if you factor in GOG.
    That's Softworks, sure. But I already addressed that in in my original post, CDP is valued at 8.1 billion while the whole of Zenimax, was bought by Microsoft for 7.5 billion.

Though I do concede they have more employees in this case with CDP with 1.1k and Zemiax with 2.3k.

But either way you slice it, whether you say that CDPR is smaller than BGS or CDP is smaller than Bethesda Softworks. Both statements are wrong.

As per typical the devs get blamed for something that is the fault of the suits. Crunched instead of hiring more talent, rushed game instead of letting it cook, fire/blame/force out the devs as a scapegoat and hire new ones. CDPR is showing they are the lowest scum atm because not even the most hated publishers like EA or Activision treats their devs like this. EA doesn't even allow crunch anymore, but gamers think they are the most evil game company oh how little gamers actually know.
    EA is crap because of how they milk their games. Their financial exploits of their gamer base are what makes them trash for me.

CDPR on the other hand tries to be highly gamer friendly, but tends to really have a piss poor relationship with their devs.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    Last I checked CDPR is a game developer genius, not a publisher. The publisher is CD Project (note how there isn't a "Red" here) and they have the whole GoG under their belt. So fair comparison there buddy.
    Yes, lets add in GOG by all means, it makes them a whopping $12 million a quarter on average. Guess what, Bethesda Softworks is still miles ahead.

Right, my refund request was put forward. Now to wait.

Yes, lets add in GOG by all means, it makes them a whopping $12 million a quarter on average. Guess what, Bethesda Softworks is still miles ahead.
    Yes. 7 > 8. Good job.

Go back to kindergarten and learn basic math.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    EA is crap because of how they milk their games. Their financial exploits of their gamer base are what makes them trash for me.

CDPR on the other hand tries to be highly gamer friendly, but tends to really have a piss poor relationship with their devs.
    CDPR so gamer friendly they release a half cooked game because the suits wanted their pay day now instead of 6 months from now.

Hell the corporate narrative in Cyberpunk is literally describing CDPR, how ironic is that?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. 7 > 8. Good job.

Go back to kindergarten and learn basic math.
    Stock valuation and actual value are different things. And if you still think CDPR is worth 8 bil(what they where in May) you obviously haven't looked at stock prices today. So tell me more about this amazing math you got here.

Microsoft paid $7.5 bil for bethesda, that's not stock value that is a straight up transaction my man. MS probably wouldn't even throw 5 bil at CDPR in their current state.

CDPR so gamer friendly they release a half cooked game because the suits wanted their pay day now instead of 6 months from now.

Hell the corporate narrative in Cyberpunk is literally describing CDPR, how ironic is that?
    Free game add-ons, fairly priced DLCs adding actual dozens of hours of proper gameplay, fanservices, etc. Witcher 3 is a great example of a game + DLCs done in a proper, fair manner.

Cyberpunk was a victim of hype. We don't know who had what kind of stakes and money in it from their investors side. A certain group of people was powerful enough to brute force this game into existence when clearly it wasn't nowhere ready to be released, EVEN if it had zero bugs.

On the other hand, I haven't heard of cases where people were refused a refund. As a matter of fact, CDPR is actively supporting people who want a refund. On the consumer side, CDPR values you a lot.

The problem they have are of internal nature. I have heard mostly awful stories about how it is to work for them. They're directly putting the entire public pressure on the dev team, burning them out.

Free game add-ons, fairly priced DLCs adding actual dozens of hours of proper gameplay, fanservices, etc. Witcher 3 is a great example of a game + DLCs done in a proper, fair manner.
    Yes, it's easy to offer free DLC and play the act of "nice guys" when you're paying dev salaries of $20k a year and not $100k+ a year like EA and other AAA publishers are. You took the bait, sorry but CDPR is not your buddy.

Stock valuation and actual value are different things. And if you still think CDPR is worth 8 bil(what they where in May) you obviously haven't looked at stock prices today. So tell me more about this amazing math you got here.

Microsoft paid $7.5 bil for bethesda, that's not stock value that is a straight up transaction my man. MS probably wouldn't even throw 5 bil at CDPR in their current state.
    It's amazing how you failed to mention a single correct thing in this entire paragraph.

Your ignorance is already reeking from your first sentence.

Their market value is 8.1 billion. Zenimax's market value is 7.5 bliion.

It's "CD Projekt". Not "CD Projekt Red", big difference here.

Your knowledge of stocks is as big as your basic knowledge of gaming companies which is to say nonexistent. Stock values rise and fall, this is nothing new. In a few weeks to a few months it's going to be back to where it was.

Oh wow look, you managed to say one thing that's not completely wrong. That's correct, that's not stock value. That's market value. And CDP's market value is 8.1 billion.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    After a second heated investor call and the stock value losing a billion dollars in value some sites are saying theres been a mass walkout or firing
    What sites? Why not link?

Yes, it's easy to offer free DLC and play the act of "nice guys" when you're paying dev salaries of $20k a year and not $100k+ a year like EA and other AAA publishers are. You took the bait, sorry but CDPR is not your buddy.
    Man you really aren't good at this. Why is CDPR not "my buddy", when they pay their devs too little? How am I as a gamer influenced there?

First of all, they are based in Poland, and they're paying standard industry wages for devs in Poland, which goes up to 30k€. Certain leading positions can make up to 100k€ according to glassdoor.

Of course you can make 100k easily as a dev on the east coast, and then you pay 10 times the costs of living. You do the math what is worth more.

And regardless, that paying "low wages" to accommodate their generally user/game friendly approach just cements what I am saying. They have internal issues with devs, but they treat their customers quite well even when fucking up a game like Cyberpunk.

It's amazing how you failed to mention a single correct thing in this entire paragraph.

Your ignorance is already reeking from your first sentence.

Their market value is 8.1 billion. Zenimax's market value is 7.5 bliion.

It's "CD Projekt". Not "CD Projekt Red", big difference here.

Your knowledge of stocks is as big as your basic knowledge of gaming companies which is to say nonexistent. Stock values rise and fall, this is nothing new. In a few weeks to a few months it's going to be back to where it was.

Oh wow look, you managed to say one thing that's not completely wrong. That's correct, that's not stock value. That's market value. And CDP's market value is 8.1 billion.
    My dude still thinks CDPR still has the same stock value as it did in late spring and summer when their stock is literally tanked. You're hilarious.

Even more hilarious that you think CDPR is worth anywhere near the amount Bethesda was literally sold for. CDPR literally has 3 dev studios, GOG and 5 games. That's it. They don't even own the IPs their games are based in and instead licensed them. CDPR wouldn't be sold for anywhere near what Bethesda was not even in the summer, let alone now with their stock literally in the shitter. Bethesda not only owns far more dev studios, they own IPs like TES, Fallout, Doom and Wolfenstein. Yes, actually own the IPs not just licensed games from them.

- - - Updated - - -

Man you really aren't good at this. Why is CDPR not "my buddy", when they pay their devs too little? How am I as a gamer influenced there?

First of all, they are based in Poland, and they're paying standard industry wages for devs in Poland, which goes up to 30k€. Certain leading positions can make up to 100k€ according to glassdoor.

Of course you can make 100k easily as a dev on the east coast, and then you pay 10 times the costs of living. You do the math what is worth more.

And regardless, that paying "low wages" to accommodate their generally user/game friendly approach just cements what I am saying. They have internal issues with devs, but they treat their customers quite well even when fucking up a game like Cyberpunk.
    So tell me are the suits at CDPR making Polish salaries? Oh hell the fuck no they aren't, so sorry using that excuse for the devs is literally worthless. They made loads of money off Witcher 3 and didn't distribute that wealth to their devs, they hoarded it. Meanwhile hoarding that they gave you some free shitty armor and some shitty 5 min quests as "free DLC" and my man thought CDPR was the best buddy of gamers. Hilarious.

So tell me are the suits at CDPR making Polish salaries? Oh hell the fuck no they aren't, so sorry using that excuse for the devs is literally worthless. They made loads of money off Witcher 3 and didn't distribute that wealth to their devs, they hoarded it. Meanwhile hoarding that they gave you some free shitty armor and some shitty 5 min quests as "free DLC" and my man thought CDPR was the best buddy of gamers. Hilarious.
    Again you're mixing these things up.

You can be shit to your devs, and great to your customers.

If they distributed all wealth across the devs, and charged AAA prices for 4 hours of DLC content, they would be shit to their customers, but great to their devs.

Show me one company that

* Delivers great games
    * Is great to their customers
    * Pays their devs insane wages and distributes the profits across all employees

I'll be sitting here in my chair waiting for you.

FYI, they just dropped like a 17 gb patch for ps/xbox. Too little too late, but it's there all the same...

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    FYI, they just dropped like a 17 gb patch for ps/xbox. Too little too late, but it's there all the same...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkga...e_on_xbox_and/

Patch notes. FYI for PC players, the console is removed, at least temporarily.

If they distributed all wealth across the devs, and charged AAA prices for 4 hours of DLC content, they would be shit to their customers
    Oh man, devs should get shat on so my dude gets a free 5 min quest!

CDPR isn't better for consumers then any other AAA company, in fact they are worse then a large number of them as evidence by their suits pushing out a broken, unfinished game. You literally fell for their PR stunt, the free DLC in Witcher 3 was all garbage tier content you couldn't even tell the difference from the other generic side quests in the game. Such great company for customers though because of this PR stunt.

Oh and Witcher 3 wasn't a great release either, that shit locked to 20 fps in the entire baron quest line area of the game on base consoles while the Witcher 3 at the time wasn't anymore graphically impressive then GTAV which was running at a locked 30 on them. They got away with it then, and just like when EA got away with a few MTX battlefront 2 happened, well here they got away with a shitty optimized game and well released an even worse optimized game thinking they could get away with it. CDPR and EA are literally the same, the only difference is the flavor of the shit they want you to eat. At least EA doesn't treat their devs like trash on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    What the hell Pistol is this? I have max Engineering and went deep into Tech weapons and found nothing of the sort. Street Cred 30-something.
    Tell me about it. Lack of weapon variety is the biggest flaw this game has, bugs aside. My first playthrough was an engineering-based one as well, but I wanted to spec into tech shotguns. The only one I found was varying qualities of the same double-barrel gun that base enemies carry in the beginning. Even on my new playthrough, I still keep an eye out, just to see where I missed one. I'm starting to think that original was the only one.

Sort of related, on the topic of weapons, I've had the problem lately of smart weapons missing. Is this one of Cyberpunk's various bugs, or is it an enemy perk? Like, I point the gun and open fire with a smart assault rifle, and the bullets purposefully curve and fly AWAY from the enemy, like they have force field or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Witcher 3 wasn't a great release either, that shit locked to 20 fps in the entire baron quest line area of the game on base consoles while the Witcher 3 at the time wasn't anymore graphically impressive then GTAV which was running at a locked 30 on them. They got away with it then, and just like when EA got away with a few MTX battlefront 2 happened, well here they got away with a shitty optimized game and well released an even worse optimized game thinking they could get away with it. CDPR and EA are literally the same, the only difference is the flavor of the shit they want you to eat. At least EA doesn't treat their devs like trash on top of it.
    Here we go again...if your biggest problem involves frame rates, it isn't a problem. People that cry when their game drops to 29 or 28 fps are the worst. Considering everything over 30 is overkill anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Here we go again...if your biggest problem involves frame rates, it isn't a problem. People that cry when their game drops to 29 or 28 fps are the worst. Considering everything over 30 is overkill anyway.
    Source: Dude just trust me.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    The CEO admits they fucked up and lied.

Sony and MS pull the game from their stores and offers full refunds, Many stores like Best Buy are also offering full refunds even on opened copies.

Like seriously do you get tired of defending this shit or what?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.