Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    So I have a 1070, but my processor is an ancient 8-year old 4790K, DDR3 ram, non-SSD HD, etc. Literally my video card is the only thing made after the PS4 launched. Game runs at 30-40fps on ultra, and despite what the freaks say, it seems smooth as butter. A 1060 is a little bit behind a 1070, but I wouldn't expect it to run terribly, especially if the rest of your system is comparable.
    It will run like ass on Ultra on a 1070 if you are playing at 2K or 4K resolution. Runs at 60+ FPS on Custom (Medium-High) settings with a 1070 and a 10th gen i7 at 2K resolution for me, dunno how anyone is running Ultra even at 1080p. I tried Ultra at release and it was below 30FPS, but the patches have helped improve game performance significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Since when has a game worked flawless out of the box, no game has ever so what you expect is out of the realm of realism, the game works perfectly for me so i have no issues.
    Some of the younger folks will not remember, but there was indeed a time before the internet and patches became a reliable workaround for bad code.
    Backthen it was "swim or die". Either your game worked out of the box or it got burned (like the infamous ET game for instance).

The game is made for PC firstly as they have always done console release after PC, releasing a game on another platform usually takes another year of development to make it run on inferior tech, so what happened was going to happen since they didnt have that extra development time to make it run on all platforms, you dont make a game for old tech you always change the game during development to take advantage of whatever will make the game better, its much easier to change a game during development than after its released.
    That is a very very poor excuse, especially when the game was marketed to be working on all platforms; with ps4 and Xbox being announced 2 years ago at E3.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Some of the younger folks will not remember, but there was indeed a time before the internet and patches became a reliable workaround for bad code.
    Backthen it was "swim or die". Either your game worked out of the box or it got burned (like the infamous ET game for instance).

That is a very very poor excuse, especially when the game was marketed to be working on all platforms; with ps4 and Xbox being announced 2 years ago at E3.
    Not to mention that they deliberately delayed the game to fix the game for those consoles. Imagine the shitshow the game must've been back in April where it was supposed to release

Unfortunately a portion of vocal gamers are among the most submissive members of society who will accept anything so long as they can sate their addiction and get their latest dopamine fix. To say nothing of those who fail to acknowledge that consoles are a very successful and well loved option and that not everybody wants to sit in front of a PC when it comes to gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Unfortunately a portion of vocal gamers are among the most submissive members of society who will accept anything so long as they can sate their addiction and get their latest dopamine fix. To say nothing of those who fail to acknowledge that consoles are a very successful and well loved option and that not everybody wants to sit in front of a PC when it comes to gaming.
    That's okay, I'll still laugh down on you from my ivory tower, that's older than your console, with a working Cyberpunk

(That said though, CDP should obviously get the backlash they deserve. I'm just happy I never bought into the hype, even though it did lead to pre-ordering the game)
    Last edited by Vespian; 2020-12-20 at 07:12 PM.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    That's okay, I'll still laugh down on you from my ivory tower that's older than your console with a working Cyberpunk
    The true brag of 2020 "my cyberpunk actually works! Haha!"
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Got that right, it just works (which I always assumed meant "barely").

That's okay, I'll still laugh down on you from my ivory tower that's older than your console with a working Cyberpunk
    I own a gaming PC, a Switch and a PS4 Pro. Each fulfills a different need/niche for what I'm in the mood for on any given day. The Switch is great for long car journeys. My PC is great for MMO's and my PS4 Pro is excellent for when I want to sit on the sofa with my partner watching me play something.

When it's back in stock, I'll invest in a PS5. At the end of the day, though, plenty of big games have no issue running on base consoles and the game was developed during the height of their popularity. It's absolutely the fault of the company for failing to release a working product - and the PC version of the game is not without its own share of issues.

I wanted to throw my hat in the ring regarding PC specs and how the game's running:

- i7-8700
    - GeForce GTX 1080

Running on Ultra with 35-40 FPS.

This is the first time I've used an FPS meter and I gotta say I was surprised to see my FPS was in the 30's because when I'm playing, I simply don't notice it. The game FEELS buttery smooth and I don't lag or anything, so if my FPS is only going to go up when I can finally get my hands on a 3080 and through various bug fixes and optimizations, then I'm surprisingly happy.

As for people wondering why people still love CDPR, I think the love is for the people who are making the game and not for the people who forced it out the doors before it was ready.

In terms of the overall game:
    I haven't run in to any bug that wasn't immediately fixed with a restart or that was game breaking. I saw one or two T-pose's and I had that one bug on my motorcycle where V put his head down/through the bike.

Most of the issues that have really annoyed me have been poor NPC behavior, poor police behavior, weird driving physics and bad item/ability tuning. The UI leaves many things to be desired.

All that said, I think my gripes would have all been solved with more Dev time but again, it's not the Dev's fault the game is in this state. It's the Leadership's fault for pushing this game out before it was ready.
    Last edited by Grimoires; 2020-12-20 at 07:34 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Got that right, it just works (which I always assumed meant "barely").
    Not "barely". Just more or less like Witcher 3 on release. On PC some configurations have/had problems, but it's nothing compared to consoles. I know it's very small sample, but from ~20 people (+ some streamers, but they have very high end PCs anyway) I asked no one had problems with CP other than crash to windows few times and levitating object here and there. Personally after ~20 hours (I'm on break until I return from vacation) I saw one levitating object and had 0 crashes.

It's not braging, it's just piece of information. For me it's clear than game was created for PC and later ported to consoles, and port is horrible, CDPR deserve all shit for that. I know they really wanted to release it in 2020 (cause you know, Cyberpunk 2020), but from hindsight it's clear that only way to do it was releasing it PC only (they would still make ton of money without losing reputation) and make port to PS4/Xboxthisnewone even year later. You know, just like many companies to, just other way around.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    People defending CDPR and the technical state of the game (especially on consoles) are definitely being silly.

However, people who dogpile anyone genuinely enjoying the game are just as silly. Game works fine on *my* PC, that's not a defense of the game and/or company, that's a defense of *my* experience. I'm loving the game, not because I'm a CDPR shill or have to convince myself i don't regret my purchase or whatever, I simply haven't run into anything that really hampers my enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Ahahah considering the year we had, it's not a bad claim in fairness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    People defending CDPR and the technical state of the game (especially on consoles) are definitely being silly.

However, people who dogpile anyone genuinely enjoying the game are just as silly. Game works fine on *my* PC, that's not a defense of the game and/or company, that's a defense of *my* experience. I'm loving the game, not because I'm a CDPR shill or have to convince myself i don't regret my purchase or whatever, I simply haven't run into anything that really hampers my enjoyment.
    And that's perfectly fine, but as you'll see in this thread soon, that has been the only line of defense for anyone refusing to blame the responsible party for this mess.
    We had people blaming all sorts from Sony for not releasing PS5 earlier to people for actually buying the game. Anyone but CDPR!

Looks like things for CDPR has taken a turn even more for the worst.

CDPR's shareholders are now suing CDPR for misleading them to secure funds.

https://www.vg247.com/2020/12/20/cd-...yberpunk-2077/

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post

frankly i remember when half of a game experience was bugging out the most of it.
    cant even remember all the time passed on ctr (pal version, so the patched one) finding all the holes in the invisible walls, or even discovering blu/white flames xD
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post

Ouch that's rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Why do you keep lying about this? I've challenged you on it twice and you keep ducking because you don't have an argument. There was a time before patches existed when you had to release polished games.

Why is it only videogames get to sell a bad product on the promise they'll fix it in the future and anyone criticizing that is 'entitled'? Imagine if you bought a mixer that only came with the kneading attachments (despite the beaters being advertised) and you were told that the beaters had been cut or they will be released at a later time?
    How am i lying in pretty much all gaming every game released has had some sort of issue, there is no game that is truely polished so it is you who is lying. Developing games on one single platform is far easier than having it run on several also.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

From that article above.

"According to the New York Times (via VGC), a Warsaw-based investor and lawyer is said to be considering a class-action lawsuit against the company. This will depend on if they would be able to prove that CD Projekt “misrepresentation in order to receive financial benefits.”

Elsewhere, New York investor Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP said (via Yahoo! Finance) that it was also considering a case and looking to bring in other investors to prosecute.

They are investigating the legality of the case on the grounds of “allegations that CD Projekt may have issued materially misleading information to their shareholders and investing public.”

If CDPR handled communication with the shareholders the same way they handled marketing they're knee deep in shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    How am i lying in pretty much all gaming every game released has had some sort of issue, there is no game that is truely polished so it is you who is lying. Developing games on one single platform is far easier than having it run on several also.
    Yeah that argument has no holes at all.
    Every game had issues. Always.

Solid rebuttal dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post

Nobody is defending anyone because reasonable adults don't get attached to companies while delusional haters have no response on that.

Look, I didn't read a single article before C2077 release, I practically knew nothing. I expected buggy shit the same way TW3 was released and I got surprised it even works.

Then i checked couple reviews after it has been out (because one is not enough) and i got pleasantly surprised that people are enjoying it.

Judging by my own experience in past games I straight up expected total miss or at best average game.
    I still withhold my judgement till I play it but again, because of my previous experience I never buy stuff fresh.

However when I see people who didn't even play game, feeding off shitstorms, make me cringe hard.

Here's a new bug on every platform. If your save file grows larger than 8MB it will become corrupt and usable.

So remember limit your crafting and don't loot a lot to keep the save file small.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post

Apparently its cost them over a billion in lost shares/damage control
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.