Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nobody is defending anyone because reasonable adults don't get attached to companies while delusional haters have no response on that.

Look, I didn't read a single article before C2077 release, I practically knew nothing. I expected buggy shit the same way TW3 was released and I got surprised it even works.

Then i checked couple reviews after it has been out (because one is not enough) and i got pleasantly surprised that people are enjoying it.

Judging by my own experience in past games I straight up expected total miss or at best average game.
    I still withhold my judgement till I play it but again, because of my previous experience I never buy stuff fresh.

However when I see people who didn't even play game, feeding off shitstorms, make me cringe hard.
    Oh so this is what happens in your imaginary world? Dude is so delusional he's after developing a persona. What's next, give him a lisp? Come on dude, a bit of background.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Apparently its cost them over a billion in lost shares/damage control
    but hey... iT rUnS wElL fOr mE

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Here's a new bug on every platform. If your save file grows larger than 8MB it will become corrupt and usable.

So remember limit your crafting and don't loot a lot to keep the save file small.

That's ok. Just a minor bug. A small clog in the works. Afterall, according to some in here at least, every game that has ever been released has had plenty of mind-blowing, career shattering issues, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Looks like things for CDPR has taken a turn even more for the worst.

CDPR's shareholders are now suing CDPR for misleading them to secure funds.

https://www.vg247.com/2020/12/20/cd-...yberpunk-2077/
    I really feel sorry for all the staff there that worked tirelessly on Cyber to give us truly outstanding world build from the bottom of their hearts with great skills.
    All hate, burning down to ashes and dragging the game all over the place must feel bad after so much time and energy invested in it.
    Kuddos boys, i really believe that you gave all your self into this game.

But management reorganization really needs to happen.
    This is the same shit that surrounded Witcher 3 release, brought to light years later.
    So since then till now nothing changed on that field.

As for CDPR, i feel sorry since this company had the potential to be a gem in our generation of gamers and be remembered as "true gaming company."
    Sadly, as i said before. So much potential wasted because of greed. No other reason.

Referencing my post here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52888729
    I dont hate the game it self, more over i enjoy quite a lot for the time i played it and, as i said there, on moments it has AAAA quality, but those are quickly lost
    due to bugs, issues, broken AI, bad AI, clipping, with which the game is littered, but also strange balancing and, honestly, a bit messy UI.

I think with time and proper No Mans Sky/Fallot 76 treatment this game WILL shine to its full potential.
    Now, crucial issue is how much they will actually work on this game now when they have law suite on their necks?
    I hope that im wrong, im not the one for 'doomsday' scenario, but this might be the case of sinking ship. If money flow is not only cut from investors but actually sued by those same investors CDPR might be facing quite rough period ahead of them.

And second, most logical question.
    I get it that most of development time actually went on developing "Red Engine" in which the game is build, after which assets and development continued.
    Why didnt they simply take Unreal Engine, which we all know - works like a charm, and simply spent all that time building actual game it self?
    Sure, they might be locked into exclusivity deal (might is crucial word) but thats low cost to pay if you compared it to.. this.

As for the game.

As most people mentioned earlier. On Hard difficulty its either hard in the beginning and moves to easy later on, or it can be easy from the start if you have luck of finding few guns that actually feel broken. One or two of them actually level with you so.. pretty much weapon that you can use trough the game.
    No need to mention AI by now. Honestly its down to ~2015 quality for NPCs out in the world, and while enemies show signs of a intelligence its not better by a lot.
    When alerted, they will just try to shoot you, usually from the place where they see you.
    However if you stay stealthed enough they will just reset without even trying to investigate and trying to find you.
    Just keep corpses out of the sight that would be it tbh. Enemy AI will not notice missing crew members or try to investigate.
    Lack of proper (limited) Enemy AI is compensated by their meaty health, this never felt good in any game, not even here.
    Guns. They are either stupidly broken to the point where game is not challenge or they are clunky to use and actually hinder your down.

The game it self is visually beautiful and stunning when in open world however, due to all issues that litter this game i cant really suggest to buy it, specially if not on PC, unless you run onto good deal discount.
    I believe that down the line, with hopefully major patches that CDPR announced for January and February they will iron out the game, but at this point - take a moment to inform and decide before you make a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post

I get it that most of development time actually went on developing "Red Engine" in which the game is build, after which assets and development continued.
    Why didnt they simply take Unreal Engine, which we all know - works like a charm, and simply spent all that time building actual game it self?
    Sure, they might be locked into exclusivity deal (might is crucial word) but thats low cost to pay if you compared it to.. this.
    This point also came up while chatting with friends. I (and the others) were wondering why would they build a brand new game engine? Apparently, that's bound to give them a lot of issues when trying to fix stuff back.

Is it just a case of CDPR trying to bite more than they could chew?

Also totally agree with you in terms of who's at fault here. The problems here are obviously coming from the top down. I really feel for those people working in a crunch for months to get to... possibly the most catastrophic release ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Oh so this is what happens in your imaginary world? Dude is so delusional he's after developing a persona. What's next, give him a lisp? Come on dude, a bit of background.
    That is reality, its just your delusion that people make companies as friends, its not even funny at this point to watch your responses. You really need to get some help

Ouch, just saw a non-gaming news broadcast talking about the Cyberpunk 2077 backlash. One guy tried to explain what the situation was/is and did a poor job, unsurprisingly, but the woman anchor concluded and said on-air; "Okay, so avoid this game unless you want a bad game for christmas."

Mainstream press trashing the game, however wrong or inaccurate they may be, is not good at all for CDPR and CP2077. I'm struggling to think how CDPR can recover (if at all) and be on the level of AAA devs. News reports like that are DEATH in the mainstream though.

Yowza.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That is reality, its just your delusion that people make companies as friends, its not even funny at this point to watch your responses. You really need to get some help
    Speak for yourself. I'm finding this hilarious! Come on give us a bit of your backstory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Ouch, just saw a non-gaming news broadcast talking about the Cyberpunk 2077 backlash. One guy tried to explain what the situation was/is and did a poor job, unsurprisingly, but the woman anchor concluded and said on-air; "Okay, so avoid this game unless you want a bad game for christmas."

Mainstream press trashing the game, however wrong or inaccurate they may be, is not good at all for CDPR and CP2077. I'm struggling to think how CDPR can recover (if at all) and be on the level of AAA devs. News reports like that are DEATH in the mainstream though.

Yowza.
    This is really bad. They were better off delaying it.

And now CDPR may be facing legal trouble from Investors.

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/cd-pro...gn=buffer_grtw
    Lawyers claim CD Projekt "may have issued materially misleading information to their shareholders and investing public"
    CD Projekt investors unhappy at the performance of Cyberpunk 2077 are contemplating legal action.

On Friday, two prospective legal challenges came to light, one from Warsaw, Poland, and one from New York. As reported by the New York Times (thanks, VGC), Mikołaj Orzechowski - a Warsaw-based lawyer who has also invested in CD Projekt - announced a potential class-action suit, asking other investors to come forward if they share the belief that they've been unduly affected by the "suspension of the sale of the Cyberpunk 2077 product" and believe the company made a "misrepresentation" to would-be investors "in order to obtain financial benefits".

Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP, which is based in New York, USA, has also come forward and revealed it is investigating claims that CD Projekt "may have issued materially misleading information to their shareholders and investing public". It is therefore asking all investors who purchased shares in CD Projekt SA and "incurred losses" to contact them for potential action.
    I'm sure its the first of many legal issues they will face.

Do I think all of this will kill the company? No but I do feel its reputation is beyond repair.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And now CDPR may be facing legal trouble from Investors.

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/cd-pro...gn=buffer_grtw

I'm sure its the first of many legal issues they will face.

Do I think all of this will kill the company? No but I do feel its reputation is beyond repair.
    People will still preorder whatever game they come out with next en masse, they might curse them on the side but they'll still give them money.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    I really feel sorry for all the staff there that worked tirelessly on Cyber to give us truly outstanding world build from the bottom of their hearts with great skills.
    All hate, burning down to ashes and dragging the game all over the place must feel bad after so much time and energy invested in it.
    Kuddos boys, i really believe that you gave all your self into this game.

But management reorganization really needs to happen.
    This is the same shit that surrounded Witcher 3 release, brought to light years later.
    So since then till now nothing changed on that field.

As for CDPR, i feel sorry since this company had the potential to be a gem in our generation of gamers and be remembered as "true gaming company."
    Sadly, as i said before. So much potential wasted because of greed. No other reason.

Referencing my post here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52888729
    I dont hate the game it self, more over i enjoy quite a lot for the time i played it and, as i said there, on moments it has AAAA quality, but those are quickly lost
    due to bugs, issues, broken AI, bad AI, clipping, with which the game is littered, but also strange balancing and, honestly, a bit messy UI.

I think with time and proper No Mans Sky/Fallot 76 treatment this game WILL shine to its full potential.
    Now, crucial issue is how much they will actually work on this game now when they have law suite on their necks?
    I hope that im wrong, im not the one for 'doomsday' scenario, but this might be the case of sinking ship. If money flow is not only cut from investors but actually sued by those same investors CDPR might be facing quite rough period ahead of them.

As for the game.

As most people mentioned earlier. On Hard difficulty its either hard in the beginning and moves to easy later on, or it can be easy from the start if you have luck of finding few guns that actually feel broken. One or two of them actually level with you so.. pretty much weapon that you can use trough the game.
    No need to mention AI by now. Honestly its down to ~2015 quality for NPCs out in the world, and while enemies show signs of a intelligence its not better by a lot.
    When alerted, they will just try to shoot you, usually from the place where they see you.
    However if you stay stealthed enough they will just reset without even trying to investigate and trying to find you.
    Just keep corpses out of the sight that would be it tbh. Enemy AI will not notice missing crew members or try to investigate.
    Lack of proper (limited) Enemy AI is compensated by their meaty health, this never felt good in any game, not even here.
    Guns. They are either stupidly broken to the point where game is not challenge or they are clunky to use and actually hinder your down.

The game it self is visually beautiful and stunning when in open world however, due to all issues that litter this game i cant really suggest to buy it, specially if not on PC, unless you run onto good deal discount.
    I believe that down the line, with hopefully major patches that CDPR announced for January and February they will iron out the game, but at this point - take a moment to inform and decide before you make a purchase.
    See, posts like this are ignored by DoCDP (Defenders of CDP), when a man says that the game is good for WHAT IT IS NOW. But at the same time, he is saying the game lacks what games from 2015 had, and moreover videos like this are showing us that we are talking about games from 2001 with higher intelligence in them.

I am just mad cause I was expecting/promised an Out-Of-This-World game and gameplay/mechanics. But all we got is a somewhat generic cyberpunk themed game with 5 different endings, great visuals, good story, mediocre RPG elements .. and thats about it.

But it is just like expecting your Tesla Car and in fact you get a brand new CAR, without anything new (no AI driving, no nothing) and without basic features you know 90% of cars you've been into, have them. This is where all dissapointment and frustration comes from. And if CDPR needs to be the example for all other companies to know not to fk lie and decieve us, then so be it.

I mean, they released a buggy Witcher and fixed it later, now they released an ... almost alpha state of a game + buggy just as witcher. I mean, come on, where do you draw the line.
    Last edited by Kel_Sceptic; 2020-12-20 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    See, posts like this are ignored by DoCDP (Defenders of CDP), when a man says that the game is good for WHAT IT IS NOW. But at the same time, he is saying the game lacks what games from 2015 had, and moreover videos like this are showing us that we are talking about games from 2001 with higher intelligence in them.

I am just mad cause I was expecting/promised an Out-Of-This-World game and gameplay/mechanics. But all we got is a somewhat generic cyberpunk themed game with 5 different endings, great visuals, good story, mediocre RPG elements .. and thats about it.

But it is just like expecting your Tesla Car and in fact you get a brand new CAR, without anything new (no AI driving, no nothing) and without basic features you know 90% of cars you've been into, have them. This is where all dissapointment and frustration comes from. And if CDPR needs to be the example for all other companies to know not to fk lie and decieve us, then so be it.

I mean, they released a buggy Witcher and fixed it later, now they released an ... almost alpha state of a game + buggy just as witcher. I mean, come on, where do you draw the line.
    My god that was 2001?! Jesus christ it feels like yesterday. Thanks I really needed that tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I think CDPR will survive as well. But with the stock price drop, massive amount of refunds, shareholder lawsuits and destroyed public trust. Not to mention the expense of having to repair/finish the game.

CDPR could see itself ripe for a buyout from a larger company, such as Microsoft or Sony.

From that article above.

"According to the New York Times (via VGC), a Warsaw-based investor and lawyer is said to be considering a class-action lawsuit against the company. This will depend on if they would be able to prove that CD Projekt “misrepresentation in order to receive financial benefits.”

Elsewhere, New York investor Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP said (via Yahoo! Finance) that it was also considering a case and looking to bring in other investors to prosecute.

They are investigating the legality of the case on the grounds of “allegations that CD Projekt may have issued materially misleading information to their shareholders and investing public.”

If CDPR handled communication with the shareholders the same way they handled marketing they're knee deep in shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that argument has no holes at all.
    Every game had issues. Always.

Solid rebuttal dude.
    Oh damn, now that's something else. Overpromising to gamers is one thing, the general public has the memory of a goldfish because for most it's just games to them. But for shareholders there's money involved and lots of it, and they are very much not amused with being misled/lied to.

Not to say this WILL end up being a successful lawsuit, they may just be putting pressure on CDPR. Still, bad news all around.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2020-12-20 at 09:36 PM.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Is it worth getting it now on PC?
    Or better to wait for a couple patches to polish it a bit more?
    I'm in no real rush atm, playing wow most of my free time and Cyberpunk isn't going away:P

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    It HURTS those of us who want more Cyberpunk content. What I want is the game to sell well so they make more Cyberpunk content. I don't want repeat of Mass Effect: Andromeda. I loved Andromeda, a lot of people did, but a few whiny bitches ruined it for everyone. I'm not about to let that happen here.
    Yeah, sure, a few. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    You realize Skyrim has tons of even more severe bugs, NINE years after release, even after new versions and ports have been made. No one is suggesting Todd Howard goes to jail or resigns. I'm not defending them, I'm saying stop hitting them, they have had enough. We've seen buggy releases and cut features before, to larger extents. Disappointment isn't unwarranted, but this level of hate is.
    Except it didn't. Stop, Skyrim was a far more stable and complete release than Cyberpunk 2077.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I'm in no real rush atm, playing wow most of my free time and Cyberpunk isn't going away:P
    You can easily wait, your not missing anything its best imo to wait a few months until you get bored of Season 1 PvP/PvE of Shadowlands then try it when its got some more polish.

They release 1.05 patch earlier today with a lot of quest/animation fixes and AMD Ryzen patch. so they are working on it even this close to holidays, ill have to give them credit for that.

My 2c. If you want beautiful game with outstanding visuals and exceptional questline/story that walk on thin border of modern morals and you dont care a lot about all the bugs and gameplay issues to the point that you will get mediocre experience in latter fields - pick up this game ONLY on PC or next gens.

For everybody else - its a nice experience, however in current state simply not worth its current price. Either pick it up on discounts and play it then or wait for those "big" patches in Jan and Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post

Honestly. The first game that came to my mind is actually Metal Gear Solid on PS1 where guards not only had extended search mode (two modes actually - Alerted and Search modes), they also noticed when other guards are missing as well as reacted to Players tapping on the wall and footprints in the snow. Your player could also start coughing due to longer exposure to cold, which could alert guards also so you had to find cough medicine to cure that cold.
    Its the same game in which you could use cigar smoke to detect lasers, sneak around in a cardboard box (BOX MEME), and hide from patrol dogs if you had your cardboard box on which dog urinated previously. Its also the game in which when you fought telepathic boss you had to switch your controller physically to player 2 port since boss kept reading player 1 controller port inputs and react to them, completely countering you.

I remember that my brain got blown off when i saw all that. And even now when i type all this again, 22 (TWENTY TWO!) years later since Metal Gear Solid released on PS1 in 1998.

I really dont need to mention how much MGS evolved since then.

As for GTA example.
    I didnt wanted to go overboard and mention GTA III, but GTA IV is more than solid comparison. GTA IV was released 2008.
    If you stand next to a Cop they would ask you several times why are you there in a different versions and warn you if you bump, or push them.
    If there's ongoing police chase after player you could clearly hear Cops interacting between each other, but also saying lines depending on your "state." Like if you are running they would say that they see you on their 12, running by foot and asking for permission to shoot/engage. Etc etc.

Another outstanding Enemy AI that comes to my mind if from FEAR games where they by accident made one of best enemy AIs of that time.
    Enemies used cover extensively and tried to flank you as much as they could making them super aggressive.

Again, this is something that i wanted to give Cyber a benefit of a doubt and not double dip on critic counting in the state of the game currently and that might (should) be ironed out. No need to go that far into past (tho honestly even then there were games with outstanding AIs), going back to ~2015 is enough.
    I also went a bit deeper in the issues that i run onto in my first post, which had to be worked on to bring game up to standards. Mind, i didnt say AAA quality, just to standards.

I really didnt want to go deep into critics but some things are really annoying and breaking overall feel of the game.
    frequently i run into several NPCs clipping in each other. On one occasion i had 3 NPCs banging on vending machine, standing in each other and 2 more NPCs crouching and trying to get an item from it drop bin, like its stuck there. Funny enough, on crouching NPCs you could clearly see a flicker of 1s when their animation ends and new loop starts again.
    This happened while i AFKed and went to kitchen to make me a sandwich.

Jackie, your NPC buddy, would often completely ignore world around him and move in set pattern completely disintegrating every NPC that he's walk trough.
    Like literally, NPCs, Cars and even police phase out of existence when he passes trough them.

... i know.. i know.. i went too much in the details.

But who ever read this, ill be honest here (donno how you will actually see this) i actually LOVE CDPR and what they USED to stand for.
    Im not bashing game because i feel betrayed, im trying to share my to some extend objective experience for others which are looking into purchase.

I dont blame whole company it self, nor do i hate them for anything, its a corpo, it does what corpo does.
    However i feel disappointed with all that talk "we are different" whenever EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft or whoever failed and they were first voice to be heard "FOR GAMERS!" just to be served same bitter pill again. Simply feel lied to. Further more i think its really ugly behavior to intentionally hide poor performance on last game consoles in order to boost sales.

I really hope that they will get their shit together and hope that all employers there that work hard on this game will weather this storm without serious consequences, mental and health vise.

ill repeat my self again. So much potential in every sense - wasted. Simply because of greed. Sad year for gaming, another titan falls from grace and bites the dust.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2020-12-20 at 10:21 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you're not in the rush, it's worth waiting. It's not WoW, you won't miss any content if you play it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If you're not in the rush, it's worth waiting. It's not WoW, you won't miss any content if you play it later.
    That was my thoughts exactly. Been hearing great stuff about the PC version but also equally bad and I dont really mind waiting if it means a much better overall experience.
    Plus, wow content gets old so better to have saved for a rainy day!
    Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Infact it's even better to wait, since if you play too much you risk not having a save file anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Radisss View Post
    Infact it's even better to wait, since if you play too much you risk not having a save file anymore
    Just dont be a hoarder of items and crafting materials. It appears that from latest statement from CDPR, they didnt want hoarder mentality in RPG so save files are limited to 8MB, everything above that will break the save. This might change in future patches tho.

That's ok. Just a minor bug. A small clog in the works. Afterall, according to some in here at least, every game that has ever been released has had plenty of mind-blowing, career shattering issues, ever.
    Just read about that corrupted save file issues.
    It appears that developers intentionally limit save files to 8MB and everything above that simply corrupts your save. No workaround. No fix. Broken save due to limit of save file size.

They said that the game was not designed around hoarder mentality and collecting a lot of crafting materials, however they MIGHT change this later on and increase the size of safe file.
    They also "cleared" engine and removed several "developers files that were leftovers" from their work on the game. - i shit you not, they actually said that.

Now.. Open World RPG that has intentional limitation like this. Not cool at all, and totally out of place.
    i also call bullshite on this statement and think that save file limitation is primarily implemented due to limiting size of save files on last gen consoles and simply ported over to PC.

Both of us mentioned Unreal Engine earlier. I havent though about it a lot nor extensively, but taken info that became public over last few days as well as their latest patch notes - this is how i think whole development go down:

They initially planed Cyberpunk to be console exclusive and started working on a engine for PSPro and XOneS with that in mind. Porting it back to core consoles would be easy.

However down the line (around 2018) they decided to release it for PC too since it major part of the market (remember that PC support was announced way later after consoles).
    This was first major bump on the road and direction change that they had to overcome.
    Ok, now we are making a game for PCs too, so additional change to core Red Engine had to be made with several updates.

Later on, Both Sony and MS announced their next gen consoles.
    FUCK, this is second bump in the road, however its cool, we already have improved version of engine for PC so we can work from that.
    New gen consoles after all are simply said tuned up PCs which use pc parts. DLSS is after all, these days "standard" but also technology that helps them to "cut corners" with optimization counting on dynamic resolution scaling to help game run better than it is.

BUT, the kink here is that last gen consoles, specially core versions, do not have DLSS support and they had to make a separate branch of Red Engine just for them.

Both engines were worked on to the last moment before game was released (and its still being worked on). - to some extend confirmed by "leftover developer files" that they mentioned in latest patch notes.

This actually made issues to other teams that were working on world building and scripting since they never had stable/rc version of core engine to work on.

In my mind this explains a lot of illogical decisions that actually produce issues that we see now.

But again, its mind boggling why the fuck didnt they simply went with Unreal Engine. That thing flows smooth even on phones.
    And all that dev time could be put into making outstanding ingame experience, a traces of which we can see in game it self.

Was it that they wanted to use their own engine with philosophy of "all made in CDPR," be proud of quality of it (if it didnt had issues that it has now) and possible use it as their "main" engine for future games? I doubt that they couldn't bought they way out of Epic's exclusivity deal if they tried to force one on them, tho i know its purely optional thing.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2020-12-20 at 11:01 PM.