Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

  1. #4241
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    What I'm saying is if this is one of the best game you've played, your bar is set pretty low.
    A case of perception honestly. While I don't think it's the greatest game every made or too be made it is very enjoyable.

  2. #4242
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'm trying to max out crafting, I disassemble everything I loot and craft but even with that I think I only got crafting to lvl9? technical is at lvl11 or 12 atm. Just part starved at the moment haha.

    I was originally trying to full stealth these cuz that's my general playstyle, but it's pretty unrewarding in this one. Did you buy crafting mats or craft a specific pattern to max it ?
    No, nothing specific. I just did all the missions in an area and looted EVERYTHING I could see. I even looted and disassembled the food.

    I have thousands and thousands of parts and like close to a million cash. Max Street Cred and level 32.

    I literally loot everything. I sell nothing. Loot -> Breakdown -> Craft Grendades -> Upgrade Items.

    Most of my gear has maxed out armor and mods too. Because I craft and upgrade those too. I can bring the whole city down on me in the Corpo Plaza and stand there with max wanted level, all turrets firing on me AND leash some gangers on me and do nothing and still be healthy. Wouldn't even have to pop a health pack. I can open fire with 2k DPS smart submachine gun and instantly crit shock kill dozens of them in seconds too.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-12-21 at 05:18 PM.
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

  3. #4243
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That is not a reasonable statement. Enjoyment is relative and "standard" is entirely personal. I am sure there are games you personally enjoyed that others might think are "low standards" too.

    I haven't had a single issue with the game on PC. It runs fine once I turned down a few effects but I have a bit of an older card and have done that with other PC games this year too.

    Nothing wrong with thinking something isn't good, to you. Not everyone is having the same experience though.
    The game wasn't meant to be a linear soulless experience. It was sold as something else. Combat, AI, crafting and a myriad of other elements including worldbuilding are lackluster. You can enjoy whatever, but that's just how it is

  4. #4244
    Stood in the Fire Cloudmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Dalaran Library
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    lol i bugged something and now the npc is following me everywhere. its so funny that i dont know what to do, now im fond of him xD


    other photos xD https://imgur.com/a/DLkNIFI
    How do you guys post a character picture on front? I can see only first person view. Oh and by the way the game is great. I love it.

  5. #4245
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    You can enjoy whatever, but that's just how it is
    Sure doesn't seem that way. You seem hellbent on convincing people they don't actually enjoy a game they are enjoying. I'm really not sure what your endgame is here other than being "right."

    I love the game, and so do MANY other people. That's just how it is.

  6. #4246
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    The game wasn't meant to be a linear soulless experience. It was sold as something else. Combat, AI, crafting and a myriad of other elements including worldbuilding are lackluster. You can enjoy whatever, but that's just how it is
    People have overhyped their products for centuries. As someone who didn't follow pretty much anything related to the game outside the first trailer, I've really enjoyed it so far. People lie and mislead in PR all the time and if you fall for it thats on you. Thats just how it is.

  7. #4247
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    How do you guys post a character picture on front? I can see only first person view. Oh and by the way the game is great. I love it.
    Press the 'N' key on PC - I'm not sure how to do it on consoles

  8. #4248
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    How do you guys post a character picture on front? I can see only first person view. Oh and by the way the game is great. I love it.
    photo mode, on pc the default key is "N"
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

  9. #4249
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I'm still waiting on you to explain how only the last gen version is broken when the you can't exit the settings menu on PS5.

    You get so upset about people calling the sham of a game what it is, and spout out right lies to defend it.
    You... do know that the actual PS5 version isn't actually out yet, right? And that it comes only next year? Just because a PS4 copy can be played on the PS5 already because the console is backwards compatible doesn't magically make that PS4 copy next-gen. This is a rather bizarre basis for calling @Selastan a liar. Hell, you even flat out admitted it a few posts later, where actually admitting this was more convenient to your point:

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not to mention there isn't even XSX and PS5 versions of the game, they simple run the last gen versions with enhancements in backwards compatibility mode.
    Very consistent and genuine criticism you've got there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

  10. #4250
    Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    Sure doesn't seem that way. You seem hellbent on convincing people they don't actually enjoy a game they are enjoying. I'm really not sure what your endgame is here other than being "right."

    I love the game, and so do MANY other people. That's just how it is.
    That's your opinion. What I said is factual.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    People have overhyped their products for centuries. As someone who didn't follow pretty much anything related to the game outside the first trailer, I've really enjoyed it so far. People lie and mislead in PR all the time and if you fall for it thats on you. Thats just how it is.
    No that's not "on you". It's on them and that's why they're getting sued.

  11. #4251
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    The game wasn't meant to be a linear soulless experience.
    This is completely subjective. There is no quantifiable measure of "soulfulness". Hold up, let me get out my scale to measure the amount of soul in... that's ridiculous.

    YOU are making that value judgment, and the measure of it is known only to YOU the precise amount of "soul" the game is lacking.

    It was sold as something else.
    Again, who is going to advertise their product as "Just average. Some people might like it though."


    Combat, AI, crafting and a myriad of other elements including worldbuilding are lackluster.
    I agree, but "luster" is again subjective.

    You can enjoy whatever, but that's just how it is
    It is not. Someone else saying, "I enjoy this thing." literally contradicts an abstract and object notion that it is just one way according to you.
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

  12. #4252
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    That's your opinion. What I said is factual.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No that's not "on you". It's on them and that's why they're getting sued.
    Law suits are being considered, they're not being sued yet. Also the lawsuits are for misleading shareholders for financial benefits, not for lying to consumers.

    As a consumer it absolutely is your fault.

  13. #4253
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You... do know that the actual PS5 version isn't actually out yet, right? And that it comes only next year? Just because a PS4 copy can be played on the PS5 already because the console is backwards compatible doesn't magically make that PS4 copy next-gen. This is a rather bizarre basis for calling @Selastan a liar. Hell, you even flat out admitted it a few posts later, where actually admitting this was more convenient to your point:



    Very consistent and genuine criticism you've got there.
    Ah yes, the power of the PS4 and it being a last gen version running in BC with boost mode enhancements is a major reason why you can't exit the settings menu. What a genius reply.

  14. #4254
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    [MENTION=966622]That's what I'm afraid of, too often do we see companies drop under performing properties rather than just fix them. I'm afraid of CDPR looking at all the hate and toxicity then treating the Cyberpunk franchise as a lost cause. That's why I'm begging people to not give in to the trolling and memes, and just wait it out. Yeah, it sucks and shouldn't have happened, punishing CDPR for their mistakes isn't worth the price of future, better Cyberpunk content.
    They can't do that anyway. It's not like they have tons of games going on rn. The next would be the next Witcher and that's years away.

    And the people who say their reputation is "beyond repair". I don't get it. Until when is it "beyond repair". Because if they survive this, meaning not go bankrupt and close office, then they will make another game eventually. When they do, if that game is as good or better than the Witcher 3 without any of the CP2077 shenanigans that have happened in the past 2 weeks then everyone will love them again. Simple as that. Saying their reputation is "beyond repair" is pretty silly.

  15. #4255
    On the bug side of Cyberpunk, I wonder if anyone will manage to wrangle an answer out of CDPR that we never manage to get out of any developer: namely, why are these bugs here? This is the part I'm always really curious about but it always gets swept under the rug. Were these bugs really not found in QA? Given the volume and severity, that seems unlikely, so what decisions were made? Did devs think the problems were less severe than they really were? I'd really love to see an in-depth post mortem of how the issues at release got a greenlight.

  16. #4256
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    The game wasn't meant to be a linear soulless experience. It was sold as something else. Combat, AI, crafting and a myriad of other elements including worldbuilding are lackluster. You can enjoy whatever, but that's just how it is
    Good thing the game is not a linear soulless experience then.

  17. #4257
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They can't do that anyway.
    Technically they could. CDPR doesn't have to make games at all. They'd actually probably have less headache and make more money if they devoted their time entirely to GOG, like Valve did with Steam - pop out a few games if the mood strikes them, but otherwise just ride their cash cow.

  18. #4258
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Ah yes, the power of the PS4 and it being a last gen version running in BC with boost mode enhancements is a major reason why you can't exit the settings menu. What a genius reply.
    Point out where have I said anything about anything about the reason you can't exit the settings menu. Oh, that's right, it doesn't exist anywhere in my post and you had to make it up.

    What does however exist in my post is the part (as in, the entirety of what my post was actually about) where I pointed out that you called @Selastan a liar for talking about the game's issues being limited to the last gen version and repeatedly brought up the PS5 version in response to it to "prove" it doesn't affect last gen alone - to the point you even brought that up while replying to an unrelated post in a call out - only to do a complete 180 on the topic whooping three posts after your last reply to Selastan in that vein, at which point you yourself called the version currently available on PS5 last gen.

    You did that, all on your own and completely unprompted, just because you wanted to have it both ways, depending on which "truth" (supposedly what you were after there, as per your reply on the issue to @yasiru) was more convenient to you at the given time. You can straw-man my previous post (and, predictably, this reply as well) all you want. Absolutely nothing you can do can change the fact that you made two contradictory claims as to what the PS4 version played on PS5 is.

    Unless you want me to believe that the PS4 version ran on PS5 is in some kind of generation superposition and it's both last gen and not last gen at once, through some mysterious means. But in that case, what would that make the actual incoming PS5 version? Next-gen plus?
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2020-12-21 at 06:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

  19. #4259
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    On the bug side of Cyberpunk, I wonder if anyone will manage to wrangle an answer out of CDPR that we never manage to get out of any developer: namely, why are these bugs here? This is the part I'm always really curious about but it always gets swept under the rug. Were these bugs really not found in QA? Given the volume and severity, that seems unlikely, so what decisions were made? Did devs think the problems were less severe than they really were? I'd really love to see an in-depth post mortem of how the issues at release got a greenlight.
    Guess it worked on QA's machines.

    No, but seriously I'm sure it's the same as any production facility. QA finds a problem and kicks it up (because QA's only reason to exist is seen as getting between the company and money QA never has any real power and are treated like actual scum), another link in the chain decide whether it's worth their ass to explain to a real manager that its' worth it to slow production to fix it or if it doesn't comply with the law or if you can get away with doing nothing.

    It would seem to me this combined with running out of time due to apparent mismanagement made the decision to do nothing ever more enticing as the launch date neared.
    That and there's the cynical PR consumer-tribalism side (which is on full display in this thread), companies generally have it pretty well dialed in how much good will they can burn per product.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

  20. #4260
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This is completely subjective. There is no quantifiable measure of "soulfulness". Hold up, let me get out my scale to measure the amount of soul in... that's ridiculous.

    YOU are making that value judgment, and the measure of it is known only to YOU the precise amount of "soul" the game is lacking.

    Again, who is going to advertise their product as "Just average. Some people might like it though."


    I agree, but "luster" is again subjective.

    It is not. Someone else saying, "I enjoy this thing." literally contradicts an abstract and object notion that it is just one way according to you.
    Fencers, are you sure you want to get into the mud as well? Ok not sure why but. .. Whatever


    No it's not subjective AT ALL. CDPR made some very specific claims about what you'd be able to do in game. These claims were not backed up. That's not an opinion.

    Customisation? A few presets on character creation. Can't even change your haircut in game. Games from 15 years ago were offering more customisation.

    Your choices affect the game. This has been refuted several times. Your initial story changes nothing really. The game is linear and in the majority of cases you have no input. Both small term, with your dialogue options and long term, overall the arching story.

    Get immersed in Night City. How? There's videos comparing stuff like, interacting with vendors, eating food, talking to random npcs between CP2077 and other games and it's painful to watch. Gta 3 had better AI and a more interactive environment. Fact here is, there is LESS interaction between the player and the environment than there is in other games of a similar genre.

    So let's take a standard open world game of the past 8 years. There's more customisation, interaction with the world, and more choices available to the player. That is undeniable, whether people enjoy CP2077 or not.
    Would you not agree?

    Also in terms of advertising. Yes that's right. No one will advertise that as such. They used the wrong terminology however. They advertised as something that will "revolutionise the way we see open world". It did for sure but not in the right way.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    Law suits are being considered, they're not being sued yet. Also the lawsuits are for misleading shareholders for financial benefits, not for lying to consumers.

    As a consumer it absolutely is your fault.
    How exactly. If a developer says "there will be X in game" then X is not in game, how is that the fault of the customer. Puzzling statement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •