Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I did. I am maxed out on crafting, level 50 cred 50. 20 Technical, max craft. Everything upgraded to legendary.

Still not walking around this city with a cowboy hat or bacalva on my head.

- - - Updated - - -

Comrade's Hammer? It's the best handgun in my opinion.

Does ist pay to do those "blue" alerts for crafting specs? And where did you get all the mats for upgrading to legendary? I had masses of white and green ones and the ability to upgradae them, but it is too painfull to click hundreds of times. I mostly lacked the epic components, is it worth buying them from vendors?

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    Having fooled around a bit using a trainer to get all stats skills and perks maxed out i think power assault rifles win for overall clear time and ease of use out of all options in the game, now its possible that since the build isnt legit that im overperforming with them but I doubt power assault rifles makes that much use of more ability points then you can get normally. They dont do the most dmg per hit but they shoot fast and can kill basic enemies with non crit nonheadshot for 25-30k which is enough for one shots. Doesnt feel like many built around rifles in general.
    To be honest it's hard feeling not overpowered, no matter the build.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, crafting is by far the most arduous thing to level in the game. I'm only level 13 in crafting but level 49 on my character, and despite trying pretty hard, you just need to farm such as stupid amount of materials in order to create weapons that are inferior to world drops. Sure, the legendaries that can be crafted are better than most of the world drops, but holy hell does it take a long time to get to the point where you can make them. Maybe they should drop the perk requirement for making legendary weapons to level 15 or something, because 18 is just way too late.

Edit: @Fencers I am using Comrade's Hammer, which is the epic version of that revolver. I love it.

I really hate the way V constantly says "biz" that is the single most annoying slang I can remember from gaming or tv/movie. Nothing I can think of sticks out so badly and feels unnatural and a gimmick because cyberPUnK

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yeah, crafting is by far the most arduous thing to level in the game. I'm only level 13 in crafting but level 49 on my character, and despite trying pretty hard, you just need to farm such as stupid amount of materials in order to create weapons that are inferior to world drops. Sure, the legendaries that can be crafted are better than most of the world drops, but holy hell does it take a long time to get to the point where you can make them. Maybe they should drop the perk requirement for making legendary weapons to level 15 or something, because 18 is just way too late.

Edit: @Fencers I am using Comrade's Hammer, which is the epic version of that revolver. I love it.
    I remember when @rhorle was still defending this game he would say people didn't understand the crafting and that it was good. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Does ist pay to do those "blue" alerts for crafting specs? And where did you get all the mats for upgrading to legendary? I had masses of white and green ones and the ability to upgradae them, but it is too painfull to click hundreds of times. I mostly lacked the epic components, is it worth buying them from vendors?
    I break down almost everything I find; food, guns, grenades, clothes, etc. Also loot 100% of everything I see. I hack everything as well.

Full in on crafting and Technical, maxed out both. There is a perk that auto convert trash into mats and one which allows you to upgrade lower quality mats into higher.

I have thousands of mats. Every Iconic I grabbed is fully upgraded and legendary.

I do every single.mission, gig, scanner, random street crime, etc I can find and I explore throughly. In RPGs I am a meticulous player. About half.my time in CP2077 is probably spent in menus, hate the one at time inventory shit though, but I am compelled to loot and observe every spoon and candlestick in an RPG.

YMMV depending on your internal need to end every game with each item at 9999 stacks. That is who I am as a player though. LOL

I would never sell anything to vendors.

I break down almost everything I find; food, guns, grenades, clothes, etc. Also loot 100% of everything I see. I hack everything as well.

Full in on crafting and Technical, maxed out both. There is a perk that auto convert trash into mats and one which allows you to upgrade lower quality mats into higher.

I have thousands of mats. Every Iconic I grabbed is fully upgraded and legendary.

I do every single.mission, gig, scanner, random street crime, etc I can find and I explore throughly. In RPGs I am a meticulous player. About half.my time in CP2077 is probably spent in menus, hate the one at time inventory shit though, but I am compelled to loot and observe every spoon and candlestick in an RPG.

YMMV depending on your internal need to end every game with each item at 9999 stacks. That is who I am as a player though. LOL

I would never sell anything to vendors.
    Thank god they fixed the save file bug then otherwise you would be screwed

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I really hate the way V constantly says "biz" that is the single most annoying slang I can remember from gaming or tv/movie. Nothing I can think of sticks out so badly and feels unnatural and a gimmick because cyberPUnK

- - - Updated - - -

I remember when @rhorle was still defending this game he would say people didn't understand the crafting and that it was good. Lol.
    Crafting is as annoying in Cyberpunk as it was in Skyrim. Both are arduously painful because the time to grind the levels needed to get the best gear is way too much considering the cost of materials needed to craft stuff. I'm not sure exactly why they made it so much more difficult to craft legendary items in a single player game than is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    Having fooled around a bit using a trainer to get all stats skills and perks maxed out i think power assault rifles win for overall clear time and ease of use out of all options in the game, now its possible that since the build isnt legit that im overperforming with them but I doubt power assault rifles makes that much use of more ability points then you can get normally. They dont do the most dmg per hit but they shoot fast and can kill basic enemies with non crit nonheadshot for 25-30k which is enough for one shots. Doesnt feel like many built around rifles in general.
    Many consider the "Big Brain" smart submg build to be the easiest and most powerful in the game. It uses the Legendary Short Circuit quickhack as an equip; I mentioned this a few times because my build uses it too,

The way it works is that the quick hack gives you a instant kill passive when you crit. That passive effect is based on Intellect and Crit Damage. Weapon rating and location of hit don't mean anything.

So one maxes Intellect, max out crit chance and crit damage. Equip a smart weapon and blind aim in a general direction. You can crit insta kill almost everything in the game in Very Hard in this manner.

No stopping, no need to actually hack, weapon quality doesn't matter, resistances don't matter, stealth doesn't matter. Can't be killed either as you get several outright immunities and have almost unlimited Cold Blood. A boon of the high Intellect is cyberware that makes you into a gun boat essentially.

Edit: Forgot to mention that there are Sub MGs in the game that lock on and fire at up to 5 or more targets at once and some also have detonating AOE bullets which all triggers the passive effects of the "Big Brain" build. I haven't seen anything that come even close to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank god they fixed the save file bug then otherwise you would be screwed
    Never affected me and I have not changed my play at all since release. I even played the game cross systems- GeForce Now, PC, PS5, Steam Link and Stadia.

I have not ran into a game affecting bug in any video game since Far Cry Blood Dragon.

It is sincerely mysterious to me how others run into so many bugs or game affecting glitches in games. For years, I thought PC games had become bug free till I began reading Reddit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Crafting is as annoying in Cyberpunk as it was in Skyrim.
    I don't remember how Skyrim crafting was but I found crafting in CP2077 to be both easy to level and rewarding.

I think the intent, this is my speculation, in CP2077 was for crafting to be a deep primary investment rather than a tertiary or even secondary concern.

Which is what I did, for like 28 levels straight I only invested in Technical/Crafting. Of course, I also played in my usual RPG-hoarder fashion.

If I am correct in my speculation, I think that is good game design. There is a whole skill tree and attribute for crafting specifically. A deep investment into any of the other trees and attributes yields tremendous return.

By attempting/making crafting have the same return per investment, I think rewards those such as me how would like to be primarily tech/craft rather than reflex/assault or body/annihilation.

I can dabble in some quick hacks and use some reflex skills, sure. But as a primary Tech/Craft build my play experience is totally different from my husband's Body/Shotgun build even if he too can dabble in craft/tech. My return in using Body skills is the lesser and his return in Tech skills is similarly and inversely lesser than my own.

That's great design. Players with "a few" points (this isn't aimed at you specifically) in Tech/Craft ought to not walk around with crafted Legendary weapons- that ought to be the boon of the primary Techie/Crafting the way the primary Hacker or Mantis Blade character ought to have their own exclusive boons in my opinion.

The worst bit about crafting is the slow as molasses one at a time upgrade/craft interface and generally the UI in this game is atrocious and CDPR should be ashamed they released a UI like this in 2020.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-12-28 at 06:48 PM.

Never affected me and I have not changed my play at all since release. I even played the game cross systems- GeForce Now, PC, PS5, Steam Link and Stadia.

I have not ran into a game affecting bug in any video game since Far Cry Blood Dragon.

It is sincerely mysterious to me how others run into so many bugs or game affecting glitches in games. For years, I thought PC games had become bug free till I began reading Reddit.
    I know that bug and glitches exist (obviously), but I’m in the same boat as you. Haven’t come across any major or game breaking bugs in any game I’ve played in the last 7 or 8 years across multiple platforms (PC, Xbox, PS, Switch, 3DS). It really makes me wonder just how widespread these issues actually are, and whether the internet is just amplifying a vocal minority on the matter.

I’ve always had to scratch my head at the people claiming a game is broken or unplayable on PC especially. Either those people are playing on potato PCs or maybe I just have higher standards in the games I choose to play. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by nuffisenough View Post
    I know that bug and glitches exist (obviously), but I’m in the same boat as you. Haven’t come across any major or game breaking bugs in any game I’ve played in the last 7 or 8 years across multiple platforms (PC, Xbox, PS, Switch, 3DS). It really makes me wonder just how widespread these issues actually are, and whether the internet is just amplifying a vocal minority on the matter.
    This is exactly it, the ubiquity of the internet and the ability to share and post Information and thoughts gives minority experiences and viewpoints a much larger presence. It proliferated as well- Bob watches a YT where someone encounters a lot of bugs, now Bob says "This game is a buggy mess!" and someone else, and so on.

A game, not CP2077 in particular, may be very buggy/full of glitches, of course. But the perception of this is amplified by X number of times the notion is proliferated.

Its like when someone claims "Everyone thought this thing was great and they should add more gyros in the next one!"

It might have only truly been 10% of users who expressed that thought but because we don't have real data on it the claim becomes largely aphrochial.

CP2077 sold about 12 million copies, iirc. It is doubtful even 1.2 million customers are having game breaking issues. 1.2 million is a lot, sure, but it would still only be about 10% of the customers.

Even if we say 20% of customers "can't play because its a buggy mess!" and are shouting about it online; it is unlikely we will find 2.6 million unique user complaints about CP2077.

HIGHLY doubtful that many folks are posting comments or videos about CP2077. Just in this thread here you can see the # of posts per user are just a fraction of MMO Champion users even. The negative is majority amplified by like a handful of the same users with many posts.

CDPR have to fight the bad perception they have garnered with this release, somewhat deservedly. Though I am not a console player and certainly would not be playing any game on an old console when a new generation is released (I did not play my Master System a single day after Genesis was released either), there is no excuse for delivering a poorly performing product by the standards of Sony and MS and other platforms.

There is almost certainly far more enjoying or playing the game despite the technical gaffes or without any at all, such as myself, husband and brother in law. Which would easily be millions of customers.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-12-28 at 06:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still salty about being wrong? You didn't understand crafting at first. You can buy all mats you need from shops if you want. You can get extra mats, you can upgrade mats, you can even have a chance of crafting for free and save/load "cheat" it if you wanted to. You can also reduce the mats needed with perks. Everything you were whining about at the start was wrong.

But not surprising you hold on to hate and ignorance just to randomly try to "gotcha" on someone days/posts later. Weird right? Let it go.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Comrade's Hammer? It's the best handgun in my opinion.
    That is my favourite kind of handgun for the playstyle I chose. I found one early on that I keep upgrading and even though the DPS is much lower than a few blue and purple handguns I have found, this one with the crit/headshot perks literally one-shots half the enemies I fight (and it's tech, so I do it from cover, too). Shame it's only a green without mods, but hopefully I will get one later on.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Still salty about being wrong? You didn't understand crafting at first. You can buy all mats you need from shops if you want. You can get extra mats, you can upgrade mats, you can even have a chance of crafting for free and save/load "cheat" it if you wanted to. You can also reduce the mats needed with perks. Everything you were whining about at the start was wrong.
    Just as an FYI, because I saw early on a lot of negative about the usefulness of crafting and a lot of current misunderstanding too, you can reset your perks in game with a token sold by Ripperdocs.

It is possible to spec one way, reset then craft up whatever you really wanted to make, then reset back to whatever build you wanted. It's not like your crafted legendary katana is gone or anything as a result. Just letting people know that is an option and totally doable in the game.

My brother-in-law respec'd just to craft and fully upgrade Johnny's items and his Black Unicorn katana. Then went back to his "Street Samurai" build after he got what he wanted in a day or so.

It's really not tough to craft, in my opinion. You just have to go all-in on it if you want a great return just like many other Attributes/Perks of other trees.

Just as an FYI
    Isn't the respec just the perk points? Not the main stats like int, reflex etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekko View Post
    Yes. It is just the perks.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

On another note I've started another playthrough.

Went female this time, which I tend to do on my 2nd run. Going for a hacker and slasher build, want to try and add some stealth in as well to mix it up.

So far preferring the female voice, at the end of my last game I was getting irritated with Vs voice, but I would prefer it if it wasn't voiced at all, ruins immersion for me.

I'm doing all I can before the Heist mission, at low level, on highest difficulty, these gigs are pretty fun when marked high threat. They just become a joke later on.

One thing I am noticing is, the world is less populated for me now, sure the patches have reduced this.

I was going to wait until more fixes came out, especially for the AI, but still having fun.

I know with how the endings are, it's pretty much impossible, but I was pissed that if you want to continue your character, you're put back to the point of no return. I never actaully completed the W3, so no idea how the ending of that game ties into DLC, I just got far too bored with it.

I wonder how moddable this game will be.
    Last edited by Tekko; 2020-12-28 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekko View Post
    Yes, but only need enough points to unlock the perks you need.

i have no idea about gacha games, but looking at the character screen, the amount of stuff i have never heard of is kind of annoying.
    i know it will matter later, but right now its just ... stuff ... that doesnt matter.

the gameplay is nice and the combat is fun enough. will continue to play, at least until the p2w and timegating shows its ugly face.

Mods/Crafting are so completely bonkers in this game. It's absolutely not hard to reach 6000+ armor or close to 500k hits with the comrade's hammer (reflexes/cool/technology build needed, though). Not that you'd need any of this to succeed, since the game is already very easy as is. Just savescum before getting the legendaries that you want with max slots, and abuse the shit out of those slots.

i didn't even finish story I felt it was a bit boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I finally finished the game last night and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in Cyberpunk 2077. Not because the endings are downers, hell I explicitly chose the "quick way out" ending first as it felt thematically appropriate at the end of this play through (insert the game didn't just shoot itself in the foot joke here), though the video calls from other characters for this end were a real ? moment, and have done two other endings following that. Although the fact that the endings were pretty damn close to Mass Effect 3's kind of choices did grate on me though the inclusion of unique minor epilogues and the requirement of having to do quest lines to unlock the choices saved it... slightly.

No what I was most disappointed about Cyberpunk 2077 is how many dropped story threads there are in both main and side content due to weird writing decisions and/or abrupt endings, things that just get glossed over or forgotten that can/could have played a part in the game's narrative and how much content that is just filler copy paste junk missions and features that essentially do nothing of worth such as Street Cred or the Sixth Attribute that just pops up on your leveling screen and never gets addressed/used or the option of "saving Brick" in one of the early missions being pointless depending on the path you chose to start the mission with. After having done everything, it feels like Cyberpunk has a whole bunch of the superficial and shine going for it but lacks any depth or interesting developments by the end of it. Really disappointed.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity