Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

I got a theory about the future of V.

Spoilers about the Nomad ending and Misty.

It seems to be a happier ending. Romance Panam, drive with a Tank with her and the Nomads across the Border, once across hold hands etc. End credits roll with messages from the characters. (guessing a few days or weeks have passsed since leaving NC)

Most seem congratulatory, a few stand out though and V replies to non of them. Even Mother Welles, who seems to be a mother figure to V seems to be ignored.

1. Misty is accurate with her Card readings throughout the game. In the credits she predicts only good things for you. So chances are we get a "happily ever after" ending with V and whoever we romanced. However, she also says because of the distance it might not be very accurate. So who knows.

2. Panam is shrouded in a black background, her face and body hidden in black. She says she cares about you, is sad she cant be with you right now and promises to make it up to you. She might be infiltrating someplace (likely a Nomad Corporation, guild etc, since she says she is on Nomad business) trying to find a cure for V. She is maybe trying to hide her location from V, so he/she does not come looking for her, especially now with the health issue.

3. Judy is being ignored (she says V wont call her back) she also seems rather depressed(understandable after what happened to Evelyn. After the friendship the two form I cannot imagine V would ignore her unless he has a good reason or has no ability to reply to her. Maybe V cannot make contact with her because it would endanger her. I can imagine the NC Corpos being out for blood after the tower, and would hunt her down if they figured out she was involved with the heist that started it all.

I guess the next DLC will take place in Arizona and that V is their looking for a cure.(Will allow the reuse of the desert art assets). That is also were the Nomads were heading towards. V has keep radio silence because lots of people are after him now and those he cares about. Gangs,Corporations Investors (the news loading screen says stocks are going down rapidly and to sell while you can) are probably hunting him and those he knows in order to kill what they believe to be the new Johhny Silverhand.
    Last edited by Kotuthan; 2021-01-09 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I have very studiously avoided spoilers and memes of any kind. This is only the second time I've even heard that name. I don't even know which character that is in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

It's definitely not as deep as we were all lead to believe.

I was thinking about this at work today, and I've come to the conclusion that Cyberpunk only barely technically even qualifies as an RPG. There are no classes per se. You don't really get to make any significant choices within the character creation outside of physical appearance. And there's only two voices, which REALLY powerfully define how your character behaves within the game.

Cyberpunk is honestly more of a visual novel with some basic RPG mechanics, set in a FPS engine. At least from what I've seen so far. Maybe it picks up with branching choices more in the later part of the game? I don't know.
    Doesnt really, that said its more of an rpg then witcher 3 and that game had no problems being labeled best rpg of the decade by many

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Warning, you can only romance Judy as a female.

There are only 4 romance relations, 2 strait male/female and 2 gay/lesbian.
    My first playthrough so far has basically been Motoko Kusanagi. Hacking and martial arts(punching mostly. LOL!)

Although I did read that there was a fairly easy mod to allow males to romance Judy. Apparently it was even an original option for the game that was cut for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    Doesnt really, that said its more of an rpg then witcher 3 and that game had no problems being labeled best rpg of the decade by many
    As I said, it technically qualifies. Because you are playing a role.....just a role that you don't get to choose.

I was just expecting more diverging paths and choices, given all the hype and buildup about Cyberpunk. Pretty typical of modern story-based games. Too scripted.

Which is not to say that it's bad. I'm enjoying the story so far. But I was just expecting something else.

My first playthrough so far has basically been Motoko Kusanagi. Hacking and martial arts(punching mostly. LOL!)

Although I did read that there was a fairly easy mod to allow males to romance Judy. Apparently it was even an original option for the game that was cut for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said, it technically qualifies. Because you are playing a role.....just a role that you don't get to choose.

I was just expecting more diverging paths and choices, given all the hype and buildup about Cyberpunk. Pretty typical of modern story-based games. Too scripted.

Which is not to say that it's bad. I'm enjoying the story so far. But I was just expecting something else.
    Yeah, its entirely linear and your only story choice is what cutscene plays at the end.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I have very studiously avoided spoilers and memes of any kind. This is only the second time I've even heard that name. I don't even know which character that is in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking about this at work today, and I've come to the conclusion that Cyberpunk only barely technically even qualifies as an RPG. There are no classes per se. You don't really get to make any significant choices within the character creation outside of physical appearance. And there's only two voices, which REALLY powerfully define how your character behaves within the game.

Cyberpunk is honestly more of a visual novel with some basic RPG mechanics, set in a FPS engine. At least from what I've seen so far. Maybe it picks up with branching choices more in the later part of the game? I don't know.
    to be a rpg you dont need classes, at best its being a d&d derivation...
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

- - - Updated - - -

It's on the lighter end of RPGs for certain, but I think there are enough opportunities to make your characters your own (from both a gameplay and narrative standpoint) that it definitely qualifies as one; as someone said, if TW3 was an RPG, which seems a widely adopted position, then Cyberpunk definitely is one.

Unfortunately, only the endings feature a real branching narrative. You get several of them and they're quite diverse from each other both in terms of gameplay and story, but before that the vast majority of main and side quests are linear in terms of your objectives and possible methods, with exceptions sprinkled here and there. It's my biggest disappointment with the game as well.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit late to the game here. Didn't even pick it up until last weekend. Noticed a few things already.

Judy...I know she's meant to be an instant nerd-bait for romance options, the same way Tali was in Mass Effect. But damned if it wasn't effective. That's just a damn attractive woman.

Second...weird bugs. There's a side mission involving a corrupt ripperdoc. And when you confront him you only have two choices: Accept a deal with him for a discount, or turn him down. But if you turn him down he runs away.

Here's where things get weird tho. Once he starts to run away you can't do anything. If you shoot or grab him it's a crime and cops show up. I followed him all the way to his car. If he gets in and your camera is off the car for even a little bit after the first block or so, it disappears. But if you manage to catch up and stop his car....it just acts like a normal car theft. He doesn't react. If you pull him out of the vehicle, he bugs out and no longer reacts...instead just walking slowly back to his clinic to sit down in his chair and becoming unresponsive.

It's sorta disappointing. You literally can't punish this guy for being a dirtbag without magic cops appearing next to you where the only response is deadly force.
    I dunno she wasn't that interesting and romance option(I don't think there is one for males for Judy). I can't anyways cause I have a family relative named that so... I just chose not to go after. Only person that I legit liked was Misty..at least so far in my game.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone noticed bugs with picking up items, item rarity as well as not actually getting an item you picked up? Today I was doing one of the Cyberpsycho missions and found a box with Mantis Blades in them. I had been fighting the guy and he disappears and goes to another area, so I picked up the items in the box and then went to kill him. Suffice to say that after finishing the guy off, I checked my inventory and they weren't there. Yet I am level 24 and have had max street cred for like 8 levels now :P

I've noticed a few times where I've picked up a weapon that had a legendary icon that turned out to be a blue or a purple, which is annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Has anyone noticed bugs with picking up items, item rarity as well as not actually getting an item you picked up? Today I was doing one of the Cyberpsycho missions and found a box with Mantis Blades in them. I had been fighting the guy and he disappears and goes to another area, so I picked up the items in the box and then went to kill him. Suffice to say that after finishing the guy off, I checked my inventory and they weren't there. Yet I am level 24 and have had max street cred for like 8 levels now :P

I've noticed a few times where I've picked up a weapon that had a legendary icon that turned out to be a blue or a purple, which is annoying.
    I noticed that if you dump a corpse with items on it some items (especially weapons/clothing) tends to change into much worse quality.

I believe Iconic weapons/blueprint show up as legendary on minimap or as a loot icon even if the version looted is less then that (you can upgrade iconics to legendary with the right skills and perks)

10+ Year Old Account

Sort of the opposite, in fact. I've had numerous occasions, usually with cyberpsychos or other boss enemies, where I can loot them twice. Either a nearby container has an exact copy of their inventory, or they drop a weapon (even iconic ones) and still have that weapon on them. Have you checked at the ripperdoc? Mantis Blades might still show up on their menu. I know that box you are talking about, and it is a guaranteed location for legendary mantis blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I dunno she wasn't that interesting and romance option(I don't think there is one for males for Judy). I can't anyways cause I have a family relative named that so... I just chose not to go after. Only person that I legit liked was Misty..at least so far in my game.
    Well, maybe Judy just hits all the right buttons for me. My reaction to her was almost immediate. It was fairly obvious that the devs spent more time on her than many other characters. Compare the way her body language and movement is during obviously scripted scenes, vs something like Takamura who you also spend a fair amount of time around. It's clear to me that some characters were given A LOT more attention to detail and time than others.

Misty just strikes me as a copy of Pris from Bladerunner, who I never thought was all that attractive even back in the day.

I've finally encountered Panam, although I haven't done any of the story yet, so I have no idea of her character or personality.

Overall it seems like the entire relationship/romance part of the story seems shallow. That's not necessarily bad. I mean, as already established, the story in this game is fairly linear. So I don't really think it would benefit from a super in-depth dating-sim level of romance options. That's just not the focus of the game.

Well, maybe Judy just hits all the right buttons for me. My reaction to her was almost immediate. It was fairly obvious that the devs spent more time on her than many other characters. Compare the way her body language and movement is during obviously scripted scenes, vs something like Takamura who you also spend a fair amount of time around. It's clear to me that some characters were given A LOT more attention to detail and time than others.

Misty just strikes me as a copy of Pris from Bladerunner, who I never thought was all that attractive even back in the day.

I've finally encountered Panam, although I haven't done any of the story yet, so I have no idea of her character or personality.

Overall it seems like the entire relationship/romance part of the story seems shallow. That's not necessarily bad. I mean, as already established, the story in this game is fairly linear. So I don't really think it would benefit from a super in-depth dating-sim level of romance options. That's just not the focus of the game.
    It's like in any western RPG. Romances are side content, not the focus, so obviously it's not going to be as deep as in games that dedicate themselves to being dating sims. Still, Judy's quests have a couple great moments and the romantic angle ends up working.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Finally finished the game up. The Delamain bug has locked me out of one of the endings, because I need to complete the mission to get a few more positive vibes with Johnny, but I suppose I'll either YouTube it or wait.

Overall, I think this game is still one of my top picks of recent outings, even with the many, many, many bugs. I don't think a game with this many issues should ever be considered a 'Game of the Year' contender just for the sake of not rewarding devs for such piss poor behavior - but it easily could have been. This game could have been a Game of the Decade contender with a proper beta test; the bugs are almost the least telling of how minimal beta testing must have been, because a lot of these game mechanics never would have made it live with a proper tuning phase.

When I finished the game, I had 10 unspent attributes and 12 unspent perks. This is the first game with talent points that I've felt absolutely no desire to spend any of what I was given, because all of the choices are just so bleh other than what you need for specific action/dialogue triggers. So, if a dialogue didn't need it, and I didn't need it to open some special option in a quest, I didn't spend points, and it didn't make my game any more difficult or less interesting. Despite so many unspent points, I had to constantly make sure I hadn't somehow slipped to "story mode" difficulty, because it seemed so odd to be one-shotting everything in the end-game. I finished the last big fight of the game with just a few swings of my crowbar.

What's sad is that this game clearly needs almost a full year of additional development to be where it could have been. I doubt CDPR will give it that much love, but we'll see. Still, it was fun, for all 100+ hours I ended up investing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah she is a lesbian only option. I would have liked to try it if I had played it as a female V the first time around, at least in the beginning. As the story progressed I kinda grew tired of her, she is extremely neurotic and sowhere between naive and spoiled, leading to her only making dumb descisions. Dating a terminally ill mercenary would have just been another one in that long line. So all the nerd-bait points immediately went out of the window afterwards. There is also something to be said about her just needing a replacement for a certain doll.

Personally I found the whole interaction as a male V rather bizzare, as her story line is clearly written for a romance, but as male she will obviously deny you immediately. That still doesn't change the fact that she keeps interacting with you in this lovey-dovy way as a male character that seems just out of place. You pretty much get to romance her anyway, with the exception of the sex scene and the blurb at the end because of that. I put up with it until the lake house, but when she went to bed and Johnny said something to the effect of "she is batshit, let's get the fuck out of here", I couldn't help but agree and just left. I usually try to be nice, but this was one of the very rare cases where I just felt like, just enough is enough.

While something similar can be said about the writing for River, in my female playthrough I'll most likely romance him instead. He seemed like the overall more stable and cool character to hang out with.

Misty was too much head in the clouds for me, and I have a hard enough time dealing with esotheric BS as it is. I wish I could have romanced Jackie though, crying shame that the best character was written out so early.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-01-10 at 10:15 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

So...finally encountered Panam.

My first impression is "Fan Service". She has very nice jeans. And I'll leave it at that for now. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Finally finished the game up. The Delamain bug has locked me out of one of the endings, because I need to complete the mission to get a few more positive vibes with Johnny, but I suppose I'll either YouTube it or wait.

Overall, I think this game is still one of my top picks of recent outings, even with the many, many, many bugs. I don't think a game with this many issues should ever be considered a 'Game of the Year' contender just for the sake of not rewarding devs for such piss poor behavior - but it easily could have been. This game could have been a Game of the Decade contender with a proper beta test; the bugs are almost the least telling of how minimal beta testing must have been, because a lot of these game mechanics never would have made it live with a proper tuning phase.

When I finished the game, I had 10 unspent attributes and 12 unspent perks. This is the first game with talent points that I've felt absolutely no desire to spend any of what I was given, because all of the choices are just so bleh other than what you need for specific action/dialogue triggers. So, if a dialogue didn't need it, and I didn't need it to open some special option in a quest, I didn't spend points, and it didn't make my game any more difficult or less interesting. Despite so many unspent points, I had to constantly make sure I hadn't somehow slipped to "story mode" difficulty, because it seemed so odd to be one-shotting everything in the end-game. I finished the last big fight of the game with just a few swings of my crowbar.

What's sad is that this game clearly needs almost a full year of additional development to be where it could have been. I doubt CDPR will give it that much love, but we'll see. Still, it was fun, for all 100+ hours I ended up investing.
    From what I know access to the secret ending depends entirely on your answers during Silverhands personal quest. Delemain is certainly not needed because I never did them either.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    From what I know access to the secret ending depends entirely on your answers during Silverhands personal quest. Delemain is certainly not needed because I never did them either.
    From what I gather, you need to answer that conversation correctly, and you need to be either 50% or 70% friendly with Johnny. Apparently 60% doesn't work, which is where I landed.

It was never intended as an original option, so it doesn't fall under cut content. For convenience sake (in English at least, this may vary based on language), and so they didn't miss recording any lines (and thus necessitate future recordings) that are meant to play out in female or male V specific situations, they had both Cherami Leigh and Gavin Brea record all of V's lines regardless of whether specific lines were going to be used or not.

You can find the relevant information in this link, but I'll quote it here as well.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...le-voice-lines

Some fans have called this "cut content", but speaking to Eurogamer, a CD Projekt representative denied this was the case, insisting the male voice lines were only recorded "so we could avoid missing something by mistake that would require future recordings".

"It was simply more convenient and easier for our localisation team from a production point of view to record all lines with both voices, so we could avoid missing something by mistake that would require future recordings," the CDP rep explained.

"This was done with pretty much everything just to be on the safe side although it can vary between the different languages.

"Judy was always only a female V romance partner and that was the artistic vision from the start, there was no male romance option cut from the game."
    So they basically got both VAs in English to record every single line, and then from there would be able to just use the ones they needed for female/male specific moments, rather than discover later they had accidentally missed a male or female specific line and have to book another recording session with one of the VAs.

Modders and dataminers discover these lines and make the not unreasonable assumption that their existence means cut content, though this turns out not to be the case.
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2021-01-10 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    It was never intended as an original option, so it doesn't fall under cut content. For convenience sake (in English at least, this may vary based on language), and so they didn't miss recording any lines (and thus necessitate future recordings) that are meant to play out in female or male V specific situations, they had both Cherami Leigh and Gavin Brea record all of V's lines regardless of whether specific lines were going to be used or not.

You can find the relevant information in this link, but I'll quote it here as well.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...le-voice-lines

So they basically got both VAs in English to record every single line, and then from there would be able to just use the ones they needed for female/male specific moments, rather than discover later they had accidentally missed a male or female specific line and have to book another recording session with one of the VAs.

Modders and dataminers discover these lines and make the not unreasonable assumption that their existence means cut content, though this turns out not to be the case.
    Well then, effectively from a user perspective, there's no harm in a mod unlocking those options. And frankly, given the freedom of choice during character creation for physical traits and appearance and voice, I'm not sure why the "artistic vision" has any real impact here other than to maybe appease some of the more vocal activists.

Well, god bless the modding community! Letting players play how they want since forever.