Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

  1. #4961
    The Unstoppable Force Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Posts
    22,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    --A few non-Polish staffers shared stories about coworkers using Polish in front of them, which violated company rules. Made them feel ostracized, they said... were their coworkers talking shit about them? Combined with crunch and low salaries, this led quite a few expats to quit
    Holy shit this is worse than a warcrime.

  2. #4962
    Ah it's ok, Polish is a friendly language anyway XD

  3. #4963
    for relevance google tells me Polish minimum wage is like 740 dollars a month in 2020 so that guy talking about his wage was making more or less minimum wage the entire time.

    And that is often the problem with 'no mandatory overtime' you can go home but your colleagues who are staying to work will despise you for it so.. gl!
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  4. #4964
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    for relevance google tells me Polish minimum wage is like 740 dollars a month in 2020 so that guy talking about his wage was making more or less minimum wage the entire time.

    And that is often the problem with 'no mandatory overtime' you can go home but your colleagues who are staying to work will despise you for it so.. gl!
    Absolute nightmare.

  5. #4965
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    for relevance google tells me Polish minimum wage is like 740 dollars a month in 2020 so that guy talking about his wage was making more or less minimum wage the entire time.

    And that is often the problem with 'no mandatory overtime' you can go home but your colleagues who are staying to work will despise you for it so.. gl!
    Really? That can't be right. Game devs being underpaid for their work is common, but not by that much. With how much money CDPR's games make overseas at full price, being such cheapstakes with devs paid in zloty is damning in and of itself.

    Aside that, the entire article and accompanying tweets do the game no favors. If the higher ups wanted a game that could tackle GTA while also being a good RPG (a monumental task if there ever was one), they should have given their devs the time to do so. From the looks of it this had barely 4 years of dev time which isn't too much considering its wild ambitions, and it really should have ditched old gen platforms entirely to release in the back half of 2021.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

  6. #4966
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    for relevance google tells me Polish minimum wage is like 740 dollars a month in 2020 so that guy talking about his wage was making more or less minimum wage the entire time.

    And that is often the problem with 'no mandatory overtime' you can go home but your colleagues who are staying to work will despise you for it so.. gl!
    Minimum wage is probably before taxes and he is saying what he brings home after taxes I would guess, but it's still a joke and it's why I always laughed at gamers claiming CDPR was the "good guys" while paying their employees fast food wages. People always want to cite poland as an excuse, yea it's a poor country with low cost of living but their execs aren't making polish salaries they are getting 1st world rich by exploiting their employees with polish salaries. They're basically running a Chinese factory over there to produce games.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-01-16 at 11:34 PM.

  7. #4967
    CDPR response to Bloomberg article:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamBadow...32507469553668
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

  8. #4968
    Old God Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    10,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    WHHAA? Shut your mouth. Not Jackie. The man was a treasure.
    This, I loved him.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  9. #4969
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    CDPR response to Bloomberg article:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamBadow...32507469553668
    Someone should tell this guy sometimes the best response is to just stay silent. He keeps harping back to "it got 9/10s and 10/10s" on PC well its meta on PC is 86, which is good but far from the narrative that it was some masterpiece on PC. The 20th ranked game of the year on PC is probably not something to be brag about for the guy that brags about how big their vision and achievement was.

    Him discrediting Jason's sources is also not going to go well for him. Seriously does this guy have to answer to anyone before he releases a statement? If not, he should probably hire a person for this.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-01-17 at 03:24 AM.

  10. #4970
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Someone should tell this guy sometimes the best response is to just stay silent. He keeps harping back to "it got 9/10s and 10/10s" on PC well its meta on PC is 86, which is good but far from the narrative that it was some masterpiece on PC.
    Well, that 86 is in line with a bunch of 9/10s, 10/10s and whatever else fell short of that. Its an average, naturally.

    So he is right about that at least. Its just irrelevant to a lot of what that article brought up.

    Does it matter if your average on PC is 8.6 when you have accusations of (IMO) mismanagement, bad press and and everything else? Just ridiculous decision making going on over there, again, in my opinion.
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

  11. #4971
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, that 86 is in line with a bunch of 9/10s, 10/10s and whatever else fell short of that. Its an average, naturally.

    So he is right about that at least. Its just irrelevant to a lot of what that article brought up.

    Does it matter if your average on PC is 8.6 when you have accusations of (IMO) mismanagement, bad press and and everything else? Just ridiculous decision making going on over there, again, in my opinion.
    It definitely matters when you put it in perspective. It's the 20th ranked game of the year on PC. That would be something for a small project team to be proud of, that is an utter disappointment for a game of the scope and vision they wanted. I mean the devs had bonuses attached to a 90+ MC score ffs, devs literally lost money because of it so it also matters for staff mismanagement.

    Him saying he is proud of the PC version reviews is a bold faced lie, when it did not even reach their review meta goal they set for the dev team.

  12. #4972
    Elemental Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    8,782
    I booted up Cyberpunk on my PS5, I decided to turn off Film Grain and Chromatic Aberration like people have suggested and the game doesn't look that bad to be honest. I had put off playing it in anticipation for the next gen update but considering that's like 6 or more months away, I figured I'd try it now. What I will say is it makes me very nervous playing it. I constantly feel like the game is on the cusp of collapsing. I've encountered several bugs in the hour and a half I've played, all of which were mildly entertaining/forgivable, but the game definitely feels unstable.

  13. #4973
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I booted up Cyberpunk on my PS5, I decided to turn off Film Grain and Chromatic Aberration like people have suggested and the game doesn't look that bad to be honest. I had put off playing it in anticipation for the next gen update but considering that's like 6 or more months away, I figured I'd try it now. What I will say is it makes me very nervous playing it. I constantly feel like the game is on the cusp of collapsing. I've encountered several bugs in the hour and a half I've played, all of which were mildly entertaining/forgivable, but the game definitely feels unstable.
    Just remember to quick save often(pause and hit triangle is fastest way), especially once you reach act 2. Once you get there the game basically crashes every 1-2 hours on PS5 so unstable is putting is lightly lol. I bet Sony is tired of the millions of crash reports being sent in for this piece of work since it auto reports them by default lmao.

    It does look decent enough(looks like a PS4 game anyways, not like an N64 game like it does on PS4 with texture streaming issues) on PS5 and runs at a near locked 60 fps but yea the same bugs present on every platform + constant crashing still make it seem like a beta test you paid for.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-01-17 at 08:17 AM.

  14. #4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    CDPR response to Bloomberg article:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamBadow...32507469553668
    Pitiful to say the least. Of course, he's not going to come out to say "this game is shit sorry",but defending it by claiming it got some 9 and 10s is an insult to the gaming world, gamers and all those REAL 9 and 10 games out there, crafted with love and attention to details

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Someone should tell this guy sometimes the best response is to just stay silent. He keeps harping back to "it got 9/10s and 10/10s" on PC well its meta on PC is 86, which is good but far from the narrative that it was some masterpiece on PC. The 20th ranked game of the year on PC is probably not something to be brag about for the guy that brags about how big their vision and achievement was.

    Him discrediting Jason's sources is also not going to go well for him. Seriously does this guy have to answer to anyone before he releases a statement? If not, he should probably hire a person for this.
    A good silence never hurt anyone

  15. #4975
    So once again CDPR is putting their foot in their mouth.

    When shit hits the fan just shut the fuck up, Its a very simple thing to understand. Trying to pick apart Jason's article with a few selective bits just makes you look childish as fuck.

    How anyone can defend the company at this point is beyond me.

    I feel for the dev's I really do. Higher ups is destroying years of goodwill they build up. To me tho they are just showing their true colors.
    My Console: PlayStation 5
    My Gaming PC: Alienware Alpha R1: i7-4785T/16GB DDR3/GTX 860M/512GB SSD.
    My Gaming Laptop: Acer Nitro 5: i5-8300H/16GB DDR4/GTX 1050Ti/256GB SSD.

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  16. #4976
    Reading the message from CDPR, and this bit from the Bloomberg article:

    Without access to the office’s console development kits, most developers would play builds of the game on their home computers, so it wasn’t clear to everyone how Cyberpunk might run on PS4 and Xbox One. External tests, however, showed clear performance issues.
    I'm going to have to call a hard stop on that "blaming remote work for bugs" angle. My company has been working from home for 8, 9 months now? We've doubled our profits since last year. We work in computer vision systems, so 80% of our development is with cameras and microcontrollers - ie, physical components that are impractical to work on outside of the office. We remote in to our work computers, or if absolutely necessary, schedule a time that we can safely enter the office without rubbing elbows with other people. In fact, why are they running their builds on their home computers at all? Who does that? You remote in to the office. I'm equally shocked that a dev office would even let builds be accessible off-property.

  17. #4977
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Minimum wage is probably before taxes and he is saying what he brings home after taxes I would guess, but it's still a joke and it's why I always laughed at gamers claiming CDPR was the "good guys" while paying their employees fast food wages. People always want to cite poland as an excuse, yea it's a poor country with low cost of living but their execs aren't making polish salaries they are getting 1st world rich by exploiting their employees with polish salaries. They're basically running a Chinese factory over there to produce games.
    Europeans don't talk about wages before taxes as that's not how they account for it.

    The minimum wage in Europe is what you get after taxes as the related taxes are automatically deducted and considered more of a business expanse rather than a tax on workers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

  18. #4978
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Holy shit this is worse than a warcrime.
    Yeah, as if that was that dramatic. I'm working in a pluricultural environment and yeah, sometimes people from the same nationality just stops talking english and go back to spanish/indian/chinese/italian or whatever. That may be seen as rude, but as long as it's not 100% of the time, that's no reason for leaving. If you leave "because of this", there were probably hundreds of underlying other criteria.

  19. #4979
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Europeans don't talk about wages before taxes as that's not how they account for it.

    The minimum wage in Europe is what you get after taxes as the related taxes are automatically deducted and considered more of a business expanse rather than a tax on workers.
    I didn't realize "Europe" was a country. This post is even more silly when you factor in several european countries don't even have a minimum wage, even some in the European Union itself don't. I have no idea how Polish minimum wage works before/after taxes but I can already tell you probably don't either by this post lol.

  20. #4980
    The Lightbringer Shakadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,215
    You know you've fucked up when Crowbcat crawls out of the woodwork to make a video about your game.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •