Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    So is the game worth picking up right now? Currently im playing AC Vikings and i've done a fair share there, but at this point everything feels so repetetive. Im going around doing the same things only at a different location. Getting monotone and boring.

I have followed Cyberpunk for a long while and it seem it has issues now? Or is it worth picking up when I want a singel player story game?
    Decent RPG for PC. It's got a good main story but the rest of the game is pretty average compared to other games in the genre. Somewhat shallow gameplay and a lot of it is the same stuff over and over; most of the side missions are essentially the same thing.

I only experienced one serious bug in my 128+ hours of play and a quick reload fixed it. It was a minor quest not completing when I turned in to the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Decent RPG for PC. It's got a good main story but the rest of the game is pretty average compared to other games in the genre. Somewhat shallow gameplay and a lot of it is the same stuff over and over; most of the side missions are essentially the same thing.

I only experienced one serious bug in my 128+ hours of play and a quick reload fixed it. It was a minor quest not completing when I turned in to the item.
    Allright thanks for the reply everyone. I'll probably just wait until it comes on sale and theres DLCs etc. I've been craving a good RPG game since the Mass Effect series and allthough I enjoy AC, it gets rather monotone and repetetive after a while. Its also much less story driven where you can take impactful choices.

Just got done doing the sinnerman questline. Had to actually walk away from the game for a while after that. It is one of the heaviest most intense quests I've ever done in a computer game.

Quote Originally Posted by Naramag View Post
    I've just read this Bloomberg article and while I really don't want to accuse OR defend anyone, I was often thinking "Well, yeah, that's how it is everywhere" I mean, when was the last time you got a burger looking like the picture? So, yeah, demos aren't the game. Nothing new for years. And overtime... yeah, my company asks me for overtime as well. I am not forced to to them. But I know, the work is there, so if I don't do it, someone else, somehow, will do it.

I totally agree there could be better communication with the consumers, the ps4 and xbox-versions are a shitshow, and the game could be a lot better. But on my PC it worked great. Knowing that this game would have the potential for a lot of mods, I would have never dreamed of to play it on a console, but that's just me.
    There are a lot of radical black-and-white opinions out there. I just say it is a great game. Could it have been even greater? Yes. But it's far from being a bad game.

One thing I have to add: In a lot of games, there were bugs where I fell through the map. I usually ended in one of two ways: Endless fall and I had to restart the whole game, loosing anything since the last save or dying and loosing anything since the last save.
    In Cyberpunk, I fell through the map 2 times. And each time, after a short drop, the system recognized me out of the map and placed me only a few steps from the point where I dropped through. And I thought, that is a great thing.
    no, the problem is that if they show you the burger in the picture, and they say that's exactly what you get, and they bring you shit, that's the difference ... but in practice it doesn't work that way, no one will tell you that you get the burger as in the picture, and CD project made a mistake here ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    By video game standards, they're peerless, in my opinion.
    i finished more than 650 single player games and i have to say cyberpunk story was the average at the most

Quote Originally Posted by Ajko View Post

i finished more than 650 single player games and i have to say cyberpunk story was the average at the most
    I really don't dare asking of which games you think the writing is so much better than cyberpunk.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I really don't dare asking of which games you think the writing is so much better than cyberpunk.
    Nier automata, horizon zero dawn had better writing off the top of my head
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Just got done doing the sinnerman questline. Had to actually walk away from the game for a while after that. It is one of the heaviest most intense quests I've ever done in a computer game.
    Yeah, they really nailed it with that questline.
    Okay, i will show myself out now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Nier automata, horizon zero dawn had better writing off the top of my head
    Haven't played Nier, HZD was decent, but "better", nah.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Allright thanks for the reply everyone. I'll probably just wait until it comes on sale and theres DLCs etc. I've been craving a good RPG game since the Mass Effect series and allthough I enjoy AC, it gets rather monotone and repetetive after a while. Its also much less story driven where you can take impactful choices.
    Waiting till its about $30 on PC is a good move, IMO.

May I suggest rpgs Greedfall, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Persona 5 Royal, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, or Octopath Traveler as games to check out if you have not.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-01-31 at 06:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Haven't played Nier, HZD was decent, but "better", nah.
    Yup. The writing in HZD was perfectly serviceable for an RPG, but there's quite a lot of characters in that game that have less memorable personalities than a wooden spoon does.

Can't fault them too harshly for it when it was Guerilla Games first proper stab at an RPG with lots of story, but outright good is something the writing was not.

Well damn, I have Cyberpunk downloaded since launch, still haven't gotten around to even installing it.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I know the feeling. The game gets pretty depressing. Hated having to go to Clouds. Johnny was right. Whole place should be burned to the ground. Had to put the game down after you discover That Evlyn was a Doll, went their to hide from the VB gang, they got her. Woodman raped her and then sold her to the Scavs to make Brain Dances of her being raped and killed over and over. Then when you manage to rescue her a few days later she commits suicide right infront of Judy.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Well damn, I have Cyberpunk downloaded since launch, still haven't gotten around to even installing it.
    It gameplay is good. Melle is Skyrim like with a few more options. Shooting is like Fallout.
    But the story is great. I do not remember the last time I actually felt remorse in a game for disapointing a character. The lore is great even if you do not know Cyberpunk lore. You find shards (like Skyrims books) all over. Telling you about the world, giving quest Hints, telling character stories.
    Last edited by Kotuthan; 2021-02-01 at 02:07 PM.

yay, finally finished the game.
    damn, i hoped in a darker ending, but meh i hoped to be reconstructed in an adam smasher 2.0, but being in the arasaka pcs its enough

only 2 bug, the dum dum one that fucked the totenzam quest T_T and a restart.
    it was good
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing that disappointed me in this game are the interactions with the various gangs. Like they didn’t keep track of how you messed up their operations or what you did with their members.
    Personally I spared the wraiths/tygers, killed the malestorm and went out of my way to brutally dismembered the scavengers. While the others were dependent on the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    One thing that disappointed me in this game are the interactions with the various gangs. Like they didn’t keep track of how you messed up their operations or what you did with their members.
    I agree with that, for sure. The gangs, as well as the lifepaths, were not developed nowhere as much as I would have liked. I am hoping that at the very least the big dlcs will do the lifepaths some justice, but time will show I guess.

https://twitter.com/CDPRED_Support/s...04047671898112

Apparently there's a security risk with modding right now, so be careful until they get this fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I agree with that, for sure. The gangs, as well as the lifepaths, were not developed nowhere as much as I would have liked. I am hoping that at the very least the big dlcs will do the lifepaths some justice, but time will show I guess.
    Yeah, would love to see the criminal underworld fleshed out. You're a merc for the cops, but what if you could join a gang and get involved in whatever those politics are. You get a few flashes of the relationships between the gangs through the game but there's a lot of room to grow there. Would rather see Night City get more interactive than have them set the DLC in some new city or add the suburbs or whatever.

Well, I just completed "The Hunt". Think I will..... skip it on my next playthrough. That Cartoon freaked me out.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    For sure it was! I kept going thinking, "no way... they aren't..." then it was "no way, they aren't gonna show /all/ this..." Yea, yea they are. I kept pushing forward just to see how far the game would let us go. Well huh.

I'm REALLY curious as to the response numbers on that quest - to know how many players went 'all the way' with the 'show' vs. how many stopped part-way through, etc. Just love to see how those numbers ended up. Can honestly say I've never wondered that about any quest's options in over 30 years of gaming. But to take back that sounding like too much praise - it wasn't the writing (though the writing on the quest was good), but the in-the-face graphics I would expect causing people to stop the quest vs. keep going. But still - it definitely 'hit' harder than any quest in other games. (pro or con)
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Yeah, would love to see the criminal underworld fleshed out. You're a merc for the cops, but what if you could join a gang and get involved in whatever those politics are. You get a few flashes of the relationships between the gangs through the game but there's a lot of room to grow there. Would rather see Night City get more interactive than have them set the DLC in some new city or add the suburbs or whatever.
    I would be extremely surprised if they leave Nightcity behind before the sequel (if there is one in the end). To me it feels that Nightcity is the actual protagonist of the game and they plan to provide us different ways and POVs to explore it. There is absolutely no way they are creating or even trying to create anything similar, even if a tenth in score, just for a dlc, regardless of how incompetent and deluded one wants to believe that their management is. Beyond that, I agree with the rest of your statement regarding the gangs and hopefully it's one of the things that will be fleshed out in the near future, but we'll see what happens.