Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I've just read this Bloomberg article and while I really don't want to accuse OR defend anyone, I was often thinking "Well, yeah, that's how it is everywhere" I mean, when was the last time you got a burger looking like the picture? So, yeah, demos aren't the game. Nothing new for years. And overtime... yeah, my company asks me for overtime as well. I am not forced to to them. But I know, the work is there, so if I don't do it, someone else, somehow, will do it.

I totally agree there could be better communication with the consumers, the ps4 and xbox-versions are a shitshow, and the game could be a lot better. But on my PC it worked great. Knowing that this game would have the potential for a lot of mods, I would have never dreamed of to play it on a console, but that's just me.
    There are a lot of radical black-and-white opinions out there. I just say it is a great game. Could it have been even greater? Yes. But it's far from being a bad game.

One thing I have to add: In a lot of games, there were bugs where I fell through the map. I usually ended in one of two ways: Endless fall and I had to restart the whole game, loosing anything since the last save or dying and loosing anything since the last save.
    In Cyberpunk, I fell through the map 2 times. And each time, after a short drop, the system recognized me out of the map and placed me only a few steps from the point where I dropped through. And I thought, that is a great thing.
    Last edited by Naramag; 2021-01-19 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I assumed that tripping over corpses was actually intentional (and hilarious).
    It could be. I just wasn't expecting him to die from it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, I couldn't give two squirts of piss about Shrieker Schreier and his bullshit hit pieces. He's just part of the greater clique of bullshitters who are butthurt because the devs didn't cowtow to the activist journos who got butthurt over the ad with a chick that has a dick. It's obvious none of those mongoloids actually played the game to the extent that they'd actually get into the story or the characters and did exactly what they constantly accuse gamers of, judging a game by one or two meaningless things. All those losers screeching that the game promotes violence against trans people were pathetic because frankly nothing could be further from the truth.

I loved the story overall, I do wish there was a salvation ending, but the Aldecaldos ending was to me, the best ending because at least it's somewhat positive. I thought the dialogue and stories for most of the female characters were actually a lot better written and acted than those of the men. River Ward was the only really good male character as far as his story goes, while I really enjoyed Judy, Claire and Panam a lot more. A lot of the characters have good stories because there's still humanity to them and they show both strength and weakness in difficult situations. Kerry was probably the most mediocre of the side characters, and his arc felt so short compared to River's.

Some people also like superhero movies. Taste is a thing of the past, and the result is this huge drop in quality in anything media related, like for example, this sorry excuse of a game.

If anything, this has become a good judgement compass. If you like the story or dialogues in this game, chances are we're going to disagree on a lot of things. You probably enjoy spiderman and the likes. There you go, there's ONE thing CDPR got right. THX!

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Some people also like superhero movies. Taste is a thing of the past, and the result is this huge drop in quality in anything media related, like for example, this sorry excuse of a game.

If anything, this has become a good judgement compass. If you like the story or dialogues in this game, chances are we're going to disagree on a lot of things. You probably enjoy spiderman and the likes. There you go, there's ONE thing CDPR got right. THX!
    dude, you roleplay very well your nickname xD
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    PC exclusive means Linux and Mac. I don't need to waste time to make my games work on Linux, the only games that have problems are the ones with anti-cheating which I personally don't play. I don't understand this limited hardware support, the only thing may be AMD graphic cards software drivers which are shit on Windows too.
    There's a lot of companies that make Linux native games and for some reason they are doing well, shocking I know but try to keep up.
    I've gotten Cyberpunk 2077 working just fine on Linux Mint with AMD graphics. In fact AMD graphic cards are more likely to run Cyberpunk 2077 than Nvidia due to a lack of supporting a certain Vulkan feature since the game needs VKD3D-Proton to make it work. Also Wine needs to be set to Windows 10, which makes sense since DX12 only game would need Windows 10.

Would be nice if it were a native Linux port so it would have native Vulkan support instead of crappy DX12. I still want my Linux Witcher 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Frankly, I couldn't give two squirts of piss about Shrieker Schreier and his bullshit hit pieces. He's just part of the greater clique of bullshitters who are butthurt because the devs didn't cowtow to the activist journos who got butthurt over the ad with a chick that has a dick. It's obvious none of those mongoloids actually played the game to the extent that they'd actually get into the story or the characters and did exactly what they constantly accuse gamers of, judging a game by one or two meaningless things. All those losers screeching that the game promotes violence against trans people were pathetic because frankly nothing could be further from the truth.

I loved the story overall, I do wish there was a salvation ending, but the Aldecaldos ending was to me, the best ending because at least it's somewhat positive. I thought the dialogue and stories for most of the female characters were actually a lot better written and acted than those of the men. River Ward was the only really good male character as far as his story goes, while I really enjoyed Judy, Claire and Panam a lot more. A lot of the characters have good stories because there's still humanity to them and they show both strength and weakness in difficult situations. Kerry was probably the most mediocre of the side characters, and his arc felt so short compared to River's.
    People were right that the game features advertisements and a general atmosphere that fetishizes trans people in a pretty unhealthy way. What people didn't get is that the game is based in a dystopia with a ton of social ills. Witcher 3 features a lot of misogynistic NPCs, but they're not making that world out to be an ideal. I think the more common problem I'm seeing with people just piling on the game are saying stuff like "OMG I ATE ALL OF MY CHICKEN SKEWERS AND GORO DIDNT HAVE ANY OF HIS BUT I COULDNT EAT HIS, CD PROJEKT RED LIED TO ME! PERSONALLY! TO MY FACE!"

I also thought Kerry was an interesting story too. He probably didn't wind up in the most fulfilling place, but I think it's an interesting and rather on-point story about aging musicians and cultural icons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I also thought Kerry was an interesting story too. He probably didn't wind up in the most fulfilling place, but I think it's an interesting and rather on-point story about aging musicians and cultural icons.
    In Kerry's case he did accept his image will slowly fade over time, but was willing to embrace newer generations art to keep some of his legacy alive in their work instead. (He collaborates with Us Cracks saying he wants to bring some of his rocker spirit into their work).

Ultimately, he made peace though, even in the end credits when he leaves a message for V he says "fuck it" when he gets invited and said he'd go do a gig with them.

Interesting enough, I found it funny Kerry's Voice actor is the same one who did voice lines for thugs/bandits in Skyrim. Was practically hoping one of his lines would have been "Never should have come here!"
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

So you dont want opinion, you want confirmation of your bias.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    So you dont want opinion, you want confirmation of your bias.
    More like opinion needs to not be complete and utter bullshit fabricated by a hypocrite who has a clear agenda.

More like opinion needs to not be complete and utter bullshit fabricated by a hypocrite who has a clear agenda.
    If you're claiming hes a hypocrite you need to prove he is one, just saying so doesn't make it true. If you're claiming he has an agenda, everyone has an agenda including you with your irrational defense of the game.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    I mean, let's be honest with ourselves though... was there really a point to having genitals in the character creation? Like even in cut scenes where maybe that choices would be applicable it's not even a factor. I guess one of the devs played the Conan survival game and just couldn't live without it? A pointless option for character creation, just leave it at overall body type for those who identify with whatever and leave it at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    I mean, let's be honest with ourselves though... was there really a point to having genitals in the character creation? Like even in cut scenes where maybe that choices would be applicable it's not even a factor. I guess one of the devs played the Conan survival game and just couldn't live without it? A pointless option for character creation, just leave it at overall body type for those who identify with whatever and leave it at that.
    of course. everyone talked about having genitals in the character creator before the launch. i mean, this whole game was just hype
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    thats true for most of the customization of every game.
    the point in the tattoos? color of hair? eyes?
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    of course. everyone talked about having genitals in the character creator before the launch. i mean, this whole game was just hype
    Fable, no mans sky, cyberpunk.

Its good work if you can get it.

watching Keanu Reeves hyping the game about how its the future of gaming and night city is breath taking to the back drop of all the hilarious bugs had me busting a gut

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    thats true for most of the customization of every game.
    the point in the tattoos? color of hair? eyes?
    Most games you can actually see those options.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Fable, no mans sky, cyberpunk.

Its good work if you can get it.

watching Keanu Reeves hyping the game about how its the future of gaming and night city is breath taking to the back drop of all the hilarious bugs had me busting a gut

- - - Updated - - -

Most games you can actually see those options.
    which game as enough focus on the eyes to make even noticeable the color of them?

7+ Year Old Account
    which game as enough focus on the eyes to make even noticeable the color of them?
    I notice them on bloodborne when im not wearing a full face mask.

I always make my toon with green eyes because I like green eyes.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Fallout 4 I used a mod for eyes, which looked very slick behind certain pairs of sunglasses. As other posters have said with your tattoos and hairs point as well, these things are constantly visible and help you appreciate the aesthetics of your character.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I notice them on bloodborne when im not wearing a full face mask.

I always make my toon with green eyes because I like green eyes.
    you see the eyes in a fast paced 3° person game? i doubt
    to be clear, sure you can move the camera to see your face, still the game is mostly watching your back from above
    its good to have green eyes because you know you have set green eyes. thats the reason for every aesthetic costumization...
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2021-01-22 at 06:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    you see the eyes in a fast paced 3° person game? i doubt
    Theres these things called lifts/elevators where you stand still and the camera zoom's in close as the walls are very narrow around lifts and you naturally look at your character while you patiently wait. Also when talking to NPC's knocking on the door and that brings the camera right up to face level.

And its called fashionborne for a reason. People like to look cool while slaying beasts