Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

  1. #5321
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Thats cute. No and no. Ohh and no. Cyberpunk has pretty average amount of bugs I usually experience.

    This usually comes from people who watched videos and never played the game as expected.
    Please where is this magical version of average amount of bugs because I've yet to find one. Or perhaps you just have that magical PC setup that simply disables the vast majority of bugs others are experiencing?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

    "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

  2. #5322
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Please where is this magical version of average amount of bugs because I've yet to find one. Or perhaps you just have that magical PC setup that simply disables the vast majority of bugs others are experiencing?
    That is really funny when people say what "OTHERS" are experiencing. You don't even know a tiny promile of that. And probably never played other games if you think CP2077 has magically more bugs.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > SL > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

  3. #5323
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That is really funny when people say what "OTHERS" are experiencing. You don't even know a tiny promile of that. And probably never played other games if you think CP2077 has magically more bugs.
    dude you cant even buy the game on the sony store because of jank. Lay off the drugs
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  4. #5324
    Pandaren Monk Karrotlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    dude you cant even buy the game on the sony store because of jank. Lay off the drugs
    No, it's because CDPR said you should get refunds if you don't like it and Sony doesn't like refunds.

  5. #5325
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    No, it's because CDPR said you should get refunds if you don't like it and Sony doesn't like refunds.
    That's not it. Sony offered, and I think still may offer, blanket refunds.

    https://www.playstation.com/en-us/cy...-2077-refunds/

    They literally created a landing page specifically for the unique refund policy and delisting.

  6. #5326
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    No, it's because CDPR said you should get refunds if you don't like it and Sony doesn't like refunds.
    Yeah damn Sony. It's all their fault!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That is really funny when people say what "OTHERS" are experiencing. You don't even know a tiny promile of that. And probably never played other games if you think CP2077 has magically more bugs.
    Everyone else is wrong!

  7. #5327
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post

    Everyone else is wrong!
    But everyone else is right as they just finished game.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > SL > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

  8. #5328
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    But everyone else is right as they just finished game.
    Being able to finish something doesn't mean it's not broken as fuck on the way to it.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

    "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

  9. #5329
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    No, it's because CDPR said you should get refunds if you don't like it and Sony doesn't like refunds.
    If a company admits a game is so broken you should seek refunds why on earth would someone keep it on their store? Sony offers refunds and even has a bot dedicated to handling refunds you can chat with depending on region. They removed the shit because the publisher themselves admitted the game was broken and shouldn't be sold in current state.

    Only reason it wasn't removed from the MS store for xbox is because MS paid them millions for the marketing agreement and wanted to try to recoup anything they could from this disaster lmao.

  10. #5330
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Being able to finish something doesn't mean it's not broken as fuck on the way to it.
    I played through the game twice and didn't experience any issues that prevented me from completing the story and the majority of the missions in the game. I'm not sure how many times I have to say it, but it seems every person who has played the game has had a different experience with how buggy or how poorly the game has run. Consoles seem to have the worst of it, and PC's are different from person to person.

  11. #5331
    So got the game with 1.12 and there is still the bug in the mission where u have to get the bot from the techies and Jackie doesnt walk out the door before the corp shuts the place down and I have to talk to Jackie whos still inside :-/

    apart from that I did not encounter any other bugs.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Driving is bad, god i hate driving in this game.
    yeah me too, at one point I switched to only use the fast travel system.

    I once was driving down the road in a car and suddenly for no apparent reason I was flying, lol.

  12. #5332
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    So got the game with 1.12 and there is still the bug in the mission where u have to get the bot from the techies and Jackie doesnt walk out the door before the corp shuts the place down and I have to talk to Jackie whos still inside :-/

    apart from that I did not encounter any other bugs.


    yeah me too, at one point I switched to only use the fast travel system.

    I once was driving down the road in a car and suddenly for no apparent reason I was flying, lol.
    get the shion coyote and use a controller and the driving is great with no issues as that car handles the best out of any car available, the other cars are not great at handling turns at high speeds.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  13. #5333
    Over 9000! Graeham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,878
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That is really funny when people say what "OTHERS" are experiencing. You don't even know a tiny promile of that. And probably never played other games if you think CP2077 has magically more bugs.
    I might be mistaking you for another poster...but weren't you defending the game against accusations of bugs before actually playing it yourself...?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Seems like the game is good judging from salty comments here. I intended to play it and maybe I will get one before xmas but then again too much to work in that period.

    Good thing to know that almost everything can be stealthed, seems like ill be going full ghost mode. Question tho, is there a non-lethal way to play the game like totally avoid killing anyone (except bosses) ? Or maybe even like not even touching anyone? Doesn't seem like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    It is smooth tho. Your expectations are not marker of what is actually playable, smooth or anything.
    According to tests on GPUs their requirements (minimal/recomended) are pretty solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    "on ultra" "on high" dude. please, just stop.



    And according to tests in those settings that are RECOMMENDED it gets around 40fps which is smooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    "objectively" lol, no. People been playing well under 30 fps and considered that good for almost two decades and now you say its not enough.
    40fps is objectively smooth.
    Hah. Yeah, my memory wasn't failing me...

    Just to help provide some context and clarity. The guy obsessively defending the game has been doing so since before he actually played it and dismissing any and all concerns, no matter what scandals the game has been tied to.

  14. #5334
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    B'ham, AL
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I played through the game twice and didn't experience any issues that prevented me from completing the story and the majority of the missions in the game. I'm not sure how many times I have to say it, but it seems every person who has played the game has had a different experience with how buggy or how poorly the game has run. Consoles seem to have the worst of it, and PC's are different from person to person.
    Except there are consistent bugs and issues with the games across console and PC that have nothing to do with people's systems, and everything to do with being coded wrong. (The 36 talents that are broken, are broken for everyone - etc. Those types of system problems. Not graphics/FPS related.)

    Those systems were still broken for you and me and everyone. But no, they don't prevent most from finishing the game or missions themselves. Because other parts of the system are so OP or out of balance that these things *can* be broken (or broken in the way that makes you OP lol) and most people can still finish the game and have fun.

    Doesn't mean its not broken. But also doesn't mean you can't have fun (or finish the game).

    That's all some of us are trying to talk about here - or the point we're trying to make.

    I'm playing the game on PC too. I'm having fun. I'm completing missions. But I still know the game is filled with broken systems and CDPR needs to fix those before they move on to new DLC and all that other fluff. I'm happy at least the systems are broken in a way that makes me OP by level 20 just by normal play (no grinding or anything), but other players don't like that type of fun and don't like to be OP so fast. I'm happy that the way I want to play my character doesn't seem to be greatly affected by the 34 or so broken talents but I'm not happy that the 20 point talent in every tree but maybe one is borked and un-useable (without the PC mod fix) even if I don't "need it." It just reminds me how piss-poor-sloppy this game has been built every time I go to spend a point.

    And I'm not happy for other players. I'm not satisfied for other players, whose gameplay is more affected than mine. I'm not short-sighted or self-centric enough to believe that "the game is fine" just because MY tolerance for these broken systems is higher than theirs or because 25FPS (which is my standard on this game) is "fine enough" for me. Or to make the ridiculously troll baiting statement of "the game is fine because I played it fine." (Which is all that is to me - 'fighting words' lol).

    I do find the visual bugs and game-freezes (so I have to reboot) much more 'fun breaking' for me than the fact that 34 talents remain broken and the clothing/mod system is so FUBAR you need a spreadsheet to know what works and what doesn't (so I don't even bother using them - and since the system is so broken in the OP direction - you don't suffer for never using a single mod - so again another bug in our 'favor'). But even if you are able to play and 'never have those' its a reality-denying statement to say that anyone's copy of this game right now is "Fine."

    But I agree. Every person does have a different experience. Some of the bugs are universal (whether people feel they are affected by them or not) and some are system/build specific. And you can still play the game and have fun even with all the broken parts.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    meh FPS and RPG dont fit together imo... The only Futuristic FPS that were succesful RPG imo where the isometric one (fallout,wasteland, etc ...) and somehow KOTOR.

    The only exception to this for me were the last 2 deus ex but the RPG element were light...
    I think they CAN Fit together - absolutely they can.

    But you are right - very few gaming companies have pulled this off successfully. Probably because yea, it takes a long time to do any "real RPG" game right in the first place, and less and less gaming companies seem to be willing (or perhaps investors behind them) to put in the years and years of time it takes to do it RIGHT. And then you add in what makes it the "FPS" part, and doing /that/ Right. You need time.

    Gaming companies seem to be able to take 'all the time' in the first few years of their development with all the plans and supposed features, and then somehow that last 2 years before release - decide the screw the pooch - rush the final project - and waste the years they spent prior. Over and over again. Rushing to the finish line of greed I guess - instead of DOING IT RIGHT.

    And since they're raking in millions a day doing it wrong - that's why we now have the ongoing trend of more and more games being released more and more 'wrong half-finished' state. And as long as they make money releasing half-baked crap like this... well... get use to it.

    It use to be games didn't work on your PC because every PC was so different. It was standard in the 90s to buy a game off a shelf and know you would have to tweak your system and HOPE to run it when you got home - no matter how much your system matched or beat the lowest standards given for the game. But usually, if you tweaked things, the game ran fine. It was finished. Something early console players (super Nintendos and sega!) never had to worry about. But for PC gamers it was the 'norm'.

    Now games dont work because they aren't finished. Its not the system's anymore (esp. if you're on a console), but the companies just plain not finishing the game.

    Maybe if a game company actually releases a finished AAA game again - with RPG and FPS elements actually flushed out as they should be - you'll see another good game where this works.

    But how it is now - I don't expect to ever see that again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    So got the game with 1.12 and there is still the bug in the mission where u have to get the bot from the techies and Jackie doesnt walk out the door before the corp shuts the place down and I have to talk to Jackie whos still inside :-/

    apart from that I did not encounter any other bugs.


    yeah me too, at one point I switched to only use the fast travel system.

    I once was driving down the road in a car and suddenly for no apparent reason I was flying, lol.
    Yea, even with modded PC driving - Cars are tempermental. I've figured out how to finesse the driving (laying off accelerator long before the turn, turning with brakes, etc.) so that I don't fly off the road constantly. But if I get 'off the rhythm' of it then its ugg...

    I really just stick to motorcycles - so much easier to drive and control IMO. I don't WANT to just fast travel as I want to see the game that IS built - so I generally just do that between bigger areas. But if driving, i'll take the motorcycle over the car every time lol.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

  15. #5335
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I might be mistaking you for another poster...but weren't you defending the game against accusations of bugs before actually playing it yourself...?

    - - - Updated - - -









    Hah. Yeah, my memory wasn't failing me...

    Just to help provide some context and clarity. The guy obsessively defending the game has been doing so since before he actually played it and dismissing any and all concerns, no matter what scandals the game has been tied to.
    I talked to a few Polish people that took CDPR very seriously and turned this game into a matter of national pride. I wish I was joking. This is probably what we're dealing with here.

  16. #5336
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I might be mistaking you for another poster...but weren't you defending the game against accusations of bugs before actually playing it yourself...?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hah. Yeah, my memory wasn't failing me...

    Just to help provide some context and clarity. The guy obsessively defending the game has been doing so since before he actually played it and dismissing any and all concerns, no matter what scandals the game has been tied to.
    Yeah no its not how it works and your memory is failing you. You basically confirmed it with my citations.

    People had some weird expectations about game performance and going with actual tests it was perfectly playable/smooth according to this chart. Then i finished game and both performance tests and my own experience basically confirmed what I suspected.

    BUT MUH GAME ISNT RUNNING 120 FPS on 5 year old POTATO on ULTRA!

    Just to give some clarity, this guy keeps spamming some irrelevant info without actually talking about game itself.

    I played on 1920x RT ultra on 2070, aside from some small dips in specific places performance was solid. I did experience 1 bug that I had to reload save and thats it. Maybe some flying phones but well... nothing out of ordinary.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > SL > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

  17. #5337
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yeah no its not how it works and your memory is failing you. You basically confirmed it with my citations.

    People had some weird expectations about game performance and going with actual tests it was perfectly playable/smooth according to this chart. Then i finished game and both performance tests and my own experience basically confirmed what I suspected.

    BUT MUH GAME ISNT RUNNING 120 FPS on 5 year old POTATO on ULTRA!

    Just to give some clarity, this guy keeps spamming some irrelevant info without actually talking about game itself.

    I played on 1920x RT ultra on 2070, aside from some small dips in specific places performance was solid. I did experience 1 bug that I had to reload save and thats it. Maybe some flying phones but well... nothing out of ordinary.
    The chart is not really that representative- I have the exact setup recommended for 1440p RT High, with CPU and GPU both overlocked, and without DLSS, maxing the settings and running RT at Ultra means I get a sub 30 FPS comparative slideshow. DLSS makes it much better but driving downtown or areas with heavy combat still chug the game a whole lot so I tone down SSAO, put DLSS on Auto and leave RT at Medium which gives me above 60 FPS in all but the very busiest areas which I can accept. But basically forget about playing this game properly at higher than 1080p if you don't have a DLSS capable card, and forget about finding one of these unless you're lucky.

    Plus, I haven't seen anyone say they should reach 120 FPS on a potato- that's a ridiculous strawman. But this game's performance isn't very inspiring, not when games like Doom Eternal can barely look worse but I get close to quadruple the FPS out of them, and I can also run Metro Exodus with RTX Ultra, which looks just about as good as this game, with no DLSS needed at all and only one area dipping below 60 FPS with any kind of consistency.

    To say nothing of the fact that people don't fabricate bugs for the lulz- if so many are reporting them, it's because they've had bad experiences and dismissing them because you didn't get bugs is nonsense. I didn't get a worse time than many open world games, but that's just me.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

  18. #5338
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The chart is not really that representative- I have the exact setup recommended for 1440p RT High, with CPU and GPU both overlocked, and without DLSS, maxing the settings and running RT at Ultra means I get a sub 30 FPS comparative slideshow. DLSS makes it much better but driving downtown or areas with heavy combat still chug the game a whole lot so I tone down SSAO, put DLSS on Auto and leave RT at Medium which gives me above 60 FPS in all but the very busiest areas which I can accept. But basically forget about playing this game properly at higher than 1080p if you don't have a DLSS capable card, and forget about finding one of these unless you're lucky.

    Plus, I haven't seen anyone say they should reach 120 FPS on a potato- that's a ridiculous strawman. But this game's performance isn't very inspiring, not when games like Doom Eternal can barely look worse but I get close to quadruple the FPS out of them, and I can also run Metro Exodus with RTX Ultra, which looks just about as good as this game, with no DLSS needed at all and only one area dipping below 60 FPS with any kind of consistency.

    To say nothing of the fact that people don't fabricate bugs for the lulz- if so many are reporting them, it's because they've had bad experiences and dismissing them because you didn't get bugs is nonsense. I didn't get a worse time than many open world games, but that's just me.
    No chart is fully representative. That is obvious. But i do get 60 on my setup that isn't suppose to run it on ultra. Proper drivers, clean system, no background apps running helps. So just because you have similar hardware doesn't mean it will run the same.

    I am not saying bugs don't exist, they do, in every game, every software. And its absolutely unrealistic to even consider that new complex games will come out without bugs. Truth be told, I experienced way more bugs on Witcher 3 and off-the-chart amount of bugs in skyrim.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > SL > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

  19. #5339
    I am Murloc! hellhamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    5,780
    After more than a month of getting stuck in a buggy quest that doesn't continue and having put the game in a drawer, I decided what the hell, let's boot it up again. The quest was still bugged (Takemura is supposed to call you after 24 hours but he just doesn't), I travelled the world, did most of the sidequests, slept a few times, fast traveled a few times, and several weeks later in-game doing some random shit, the motherfucker calls.

    Anyway, thanks for reading my blog, I'm happy I can finally move on with the main story, and disappointed at the same time the game is STILL in such a state.

  20. #5340
    Il probably just play it after the last expansion releases, I was 5 hours in but theres nothing about the game thats getting me hooked, and most of those 5hrs is just comparing rtx and dlss modes LOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •