Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Page 5 of 308 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    With Witcher 3 hitting stores soon, I imagine there'll be a lot more coming.
    Yea they said that they are focusing on geralt atm so probably see something at E3
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

It wouldn't surprise me if Cyberpunk is using the same engine as Witcher 3, so technically they've both been in development this whole time
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty excited for this game just because of the genre. I'm so sick of fantasy and elves this is probably my favorite sci-fi setting. I hope it comes on the PS4.
    Why would you want it on PlayStation, or any console for that matter? You must have a decent PC if you're on a WoW forum. Play it on that.

We know nothing about potential system requirements for this game, but I'll almost definitely grab a new video card for it.

Probably similar if not identical system requirements as Witcher 3.

Damn why havent i heard about this, insta-hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty excited for this game just because of the genre. I'm so sick of fantasy and elves this is probably my favorite sci-fi setting. I hope it comes on the PS4.
    There's pretty much zero chance that this won't come out on PS4/XB1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    There's pretty much zero chance that this won't come out on PS4/XB1.
    CDPR have said that it is "most probably will be" released on PS4 and XB1 but have only confirmed a PC release so far. If I owned one of those consoles I would be reasonably confident of seeing this game on it.

very excited for this game!

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    Why would you want it on PlayStation, or any console for that matter? You must have a decent PC if you're on a WoW forum. Play it on that.

We know nothing about potential system requirements for this game, but I'll almost definitely grab a new video card for it.
    There is so much stupid in this post it isn't even funny.

A) WoW can be ran on 10 year old PC's so saying someone must have a decent PC since they are on a WoW forum is stupid.
    B) Some perfer to game on a console over PC .
    c) If this game is as high performance as I think it will be I rather pick it up on Console then PC since good chance the hardware requirements will be insane.

Ontopic: I am really interested and I wish they would release more info. All we got was the trailer and that one dev video talking about it. I just hope it isn't some fps crap because I am tired of fps games.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    There is as much chance of this being a FPS game as someone goofing up and making a Syndicate FPS game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    There is as much chance of this being a FPS game as someone goofing up and making a Syndicate FPS game.
    That game wasn't bad, for what it wanted to be it did it well.

If the game is FPS it will have an RPG system to it and thus be more a hybrid. I wouldn't mind any other way in any case like the witcher games the combat will pretty much be handson and twitch based.

Deleted
    The reviews of the game were solid, but it panned because people didn't want Syndicate as an FPS.

Deleted
    There's a discussion thread on the official Cyberpunk 2077 forums about whether the game should be 1st person, 3rd person or a mix of the both. I can understand why it would be made third person, mainly because it's from the people who made the Witcher series, and because of consoles. Having a background in FPS games, I'd much rather it'd be in the vein of Deus Ex and thus a first person game (obviously not a full blown "shooter"), but I know it will obviously cater to the 3rd person market.

However, having played Cyberpunk 2020, the actual PnP RPG, decades now, I have to say it will make no sense whatsoever to have it in third person. All the optical cyberware will be completely moronic and pointless if you can see your own character and to directions you shouldn't be able to see, as is the case with a 3rd person camera. Cyberpunk 2020 combat is 99% guns, guns and more guns, and what do you do with guns? You aim them, through sights. Having a third person game with some shitty crosshair in the middle of the screen will be, let's just say, as far from a true Cyberpunk experience as can be. It will be a "summer blockbuster" -type of a game, something "simple" you'd play on your couch for an hour and then throw the game in the bin.

Anyways... That's unfortunately what games have devolved into, thanks largely to the console market. I just hope the story makes up for all that, and I hope Mike comes up with the PnP version for 2077 alongside the game.

It may end up like Fallout 3 though, combining the shooter element with more RPG elements like VATS. Which would work as a mix of 1st/3rd person.

I'd much rather it were first person, third person games usually suffer from some camera and control issues. I'm sure I'll play it regardless, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I'd much rather it were first person, third person games usually suffer from some camera and control issues. I'm sure I'll play it regardless, though.
    I don't know how "deep character customization" will go with first person though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Since it's using the same platform as Witcher 3, I'm sure it'll end up just fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I don't know how "deep character customization" will go with first person though.
    What you mean is 100% cosmetic customization. If you've ever played real PnP RPGs, you will know that there's no "model" for your character. Most people can't draw enough to even have a picture of their character. The cosmetic customization is in your imagination. What's on paper, is the data, the actual root of the customization; your character's stats and defining traits and so on, as well as your inventory list.

You can still have a dressing room -type of thing when you look at your inventory, if you need to be looking at your character's model. However, there's no "depth", to that customization. None, whatsoever. The depth there is purely cosmetic, and purely skin deep. The real depth is in deciding what your character believes in, what are the codes he abides by, and so on. It's in knowing the character's history, in his strengths and weaknesses. You don't need to be in third person for those things.

But... Since most people like to look at the color of the jacket they're wearing, that's what the game will be about. However, with that, you can throw cyber optics, gun sights and realistic gun fights, and all that kind of jazz right out the window.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Wont be seeing anything until 2017

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/27/866...ales-cyberpunk
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Which means there might be a third expansion.