Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    There are people in the comments section of the RPS article saying that the depiction of a woman with a penis bulge under her dress is transphobic and making a gang all black is racist. What the fuck is wrong with these people?
    the gang in question isn't all black. If they talk about Animals.... it's led by a white woman and have mixed races in it among members.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v79CPm1ehRo

Thank fuck the developers of Cyberpunk 2077 are telling the people who feel offended for others to shut the fuck up.
    We need more of that.

Also, why is it that gaming journalists for bigger gaming papers (and journalists in general) can't seem to think further than outside appearance? Am I the only one that find it very odd that all they can see is race and the rest is irrelevant... seems like they are trying to compensate for their own shortcomings.
    So much salt and tears i love it, they should go fuck themselves and stay far far away from this masterpiece.
    Do you hear the voices too?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    So much salt and tears i love it, they should go fuck themselves and stay far far away from this masterpiece.
    Oh geez, I'm actually worried about that aspect. Everybody already calling CP2077 a masterpiece, game of a decade and 10/10. Expectations are insane, and may very well go unfulfilled. Imagine it received an average 8/10. It means it's a great game, but everybody would call it a huge disappointment at best, and a disaster at worst.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Oh geez, I'm actually worried about that aspect. Everybody already calling CP2077 a masterpiece, game of a decade and 10/10. Expectations are insane, and may very well go unfulfilled. Imagine it received an average 8/10. It means it's a great game, but everybody would call it a huge disappointment at best, and a disaster at worst.
    i'm well aware how things can end up just look at fallout 76 and anthem for recent examples. The guys doing this only have a good record when it comes to games that i know so i have faith this game will be amazing just look at the witcher serie, only issues i had with that was that they put markers all over the map ruining my immersion, that and no stealth but his game seem to have stealth so im happy, just dont put markers evrywhere showing where everything is like the witcher 3 atleast not on the highest difficulty.

7+ Year Old Account
    i'm well aware how things can end up just look at fallout 76 and anthem for recent examples. The guys doing this only have a good record when it comes to games that i know so i have faith this game will be amazing just look at the witcher serie, only issues i had with that was that they put markers all over the map ruining my immersion, that and no stealth but his game seem to have stealth so im happy, just dont put markers evrywhere showing where everything is like the witcher 3 atleast not on the highest difficulty.
    Oh, I really wouldn't compare it to shit shows of Anthem and F76, these are two completely different dimensions. Yes, Witcher 3 was great, but still expectations are so goddamn high. Many players see CP2077 like some kind of a second coming of Gaming Christ.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I really wouldn't compare it to shit shows of Anthem and F76, these are two completely different dimensions. Yes, Witcher 3 was great, but still expectations are so goddamn high. Many players see CP2077 like some kind of a second coming of Gaming Christ.
    But who was the first Gaming Christ?
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Witcher 3 being amazing is the problem.

Witcher 1 was a niche game that really only would have appealed to hardcore RPG fans, or existing Witcher fans (when it was a relatively obscure Polish fantasy series). It was competently made, with some design choices that are retroactively cringey (trading cards for sex partners, primarily).

Witcher 2 was better, but still had some issues, particularly a weird difficulty curve that was set weirdly high at the beginning.

Witcher 3 is the one we consider a "masterpiece". Witcher 1 got an 81/100 on release, on metacritic, Witcher 2 around 88. Still "good games", but not 93 like Witcher 3 did.

And that was settling into a known property. Cyberpunk 2077's source material is obscure, the mechanics are largely going to be new, rather than borrowed over from Witcher 3, and so on. It has potential to be hitting 95+ on Metacritic, and I'm certainly not shitting on what we've seen; I'm super excited for this game. I've just played enough No Man's Skies and Daikatanas to know that hype can be utterly failed to be lived up to. That the product you get doesn't look or feel anything like the footage you saw at E3s prior.

And there's also a solid chance that CDPR will shit the bed in some critical manner (the most likely is player agency/decision-making) that makes the game pretty but vapid. The Mass Effect: Andromeda kind of thing. Or that they'll screw up a crucial moment that retroactively destroys the good faith built up by the rest of the game, like Mass Effect 3's ending did.

Do I expect those things to happen? Naw. But I've seen it happen to studios just as well thought of in their time as CDPR is today. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I'm not gonna declare it a 10/10 flawless victory until I get the product in my hand.

Also, side note, but Fallout 76 had a REALLY rough launch, but the game now is really, really good. Even the Battle Royale (and I hate Battle Royale) is a decent iteration of the game mode. Fallout 76 is turning into a "how you salvage a terrible launch" exemplar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Arguably John Romero (founder of Id Software, designer behind Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Doom II, Quake, etc), until he got nailed to Daikatana's cross and left to be eaten by crows.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pac-Man, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Witcher 3 being amazing is the problem.

Witcher 1 was a niche game that really only would have appealed to hardcore RPG fans, or existing Witcher fans (when it was a relatively obscure Polish fantasy series). It was competently made, with some design choices that are retroactively cringey (trading cards for sex partners, primarily).

Witcher 2 was better, but still had some issues, particularly a weird difficulty curve that was set weirdly high at the beginning.

Witcher 3 is the one we consider a "masterpiece". Witcher 1 got an 81/100 on release, on metacritic, Witcher 2 around 88. Still "good games", but not 93 like Witcher 3 did.

And that was settling into a known property. Cyberpunk 2077's source material is obscure, the mechanics are largely going to be new, rather than borrowed over from Witcher 3, and so on. It has potential to be hitting 95+ on Metacritic, and I'm certainly not shitting on what we've seen; I'm super excited for this game. I've just played enough No Man's Skies and Daikatanas to know that hype can be utterly failed to be lived up to. That the product you get doesn't look or feel anything like the footage you saw at E3s prior.

And there's also a solid chance that CDPR will shit the bed in some critical manner (the most likely is player agency/decision-making) that makes the game pretty but vapid. The Mass Effect: Andromeda kind of thing. Or that they'll screw up a crucial moment that retroactively destroys the good faith built up by the rest of the game, like Mass Effect 3's ending did.

Do I expect those things to happen? Naw. But I've seen it happen to studios just as well thought of in their time as CDPR is today. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I'm not gonna declare it a 10/10 flawless victory until I get the product in my hand.

Also, side note, but Fallout 76 had a REALLY rough launch, but the game now is really, really good. Even the Battle Royale (and I hate Battle Royale) is a decent iteration of the game mode. Fallout 76 is turning into a "how you salvage a terrible launch" exemplar.
    No Man's Skies, damn i knew i forgot something but yeah your right about fallout it's much better now same with no mans sky from what i have heard, perhaps not all they promoted the game as though that must have been the biggest lie in video game history or atleast top 5.

For the rest they do have ALOT to live up to that's for sure i just hope they deliver on everything was a while since we had a amazing open world rpg game where you can immerse yourself for hundreds of hours, for me atleast i know about rdr2 of course. I expect some delays too probably gonna push back the release date abit as it's such a huge game and alot of expectations.

And i agree we have seen great videogame companies with tons of awesome games doing alot of shitty ones recently so there is some doubt from me too.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-06-19 at 08:20 PM.

The difference in a game being in the 80s vs 90s in meta score is presentation, almost nothing to do with actual gameplay quality at all. There is a reason RDR2 is the highest scored game of this gen, and it's not because it's undeniably the best game of then gen(hell it didn't even win more GOTY wards then GoW from the same year) it's because it's presentation is through the roof.

So stop taking a minor difference like that seriously. It's entirely possible a game like Cyberpunk could end up in the high 80s meta score wise. That puts it in range with games like Nier Automata, Horizon Zero Dawn, Ori, Spider-Man, Cuphead etc... Games which many people think are masterpieces. So no, nobody with an educated opinion is going to think the game is a let down for scoring in the mid to high 80s- in fact the opposite is true that confirms their assumption that it's a really good game.

Hehe yeah true.

Even if CP2077 did end up a mess you can at least have some confidence the game was created with good intentions and they will give their all trying to make the best game possible and not just get you interested to milk you with MTX and poor quality DLC

You cant say the same for a game like Destiny that is just an Icon on a taskbar. Where as you know CD project red will Jam pack that physical copy with goodies and a thank you note because they're not soul less drones living for shareholders and earning calls.

That combined with all this trans/anti PC nonsense only reminded me to get my pre-order in.

10+ Year Old Account

Arguably John Romero (founder of Id Software, designer behind Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Doom II, Quake, etc), until he got nailed to Daikatana's cross and left to be eaten by crows.
    HAHA fair enough :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I'm fairly confident that if they turn the game into a semi competent action rpg-shooter in the vague style of deus ex (scifi tech, dialogues, stealth, action, mutliple routes in levels and story, character customization), that they will be successfull. What I've seen so far from the source material is fine, nothing stood out as absolute cringe or completely weird so it being an obscure franchise should be okay as well, changing that is down to marketing and that seems to be working well atm.

Expecting it to be 10/10 would be silly, but I doubt it will drift below a 7 into the mediocre range, that's plenty for me since the style of game is not that common.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just know that when the game comes out there will be some semi-major gaming review site or youtuber who gives the game an 8/10 and a bunch of lunatics will pounce all over them about how wrong they are and how they are only giving it a "low" score to be different or something.

Obviously Satoru Iwata. The guy who just loved games and wanted the world to love games as well and was taken from this world way too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v79CPm1ehRo

Thank fuck the developers of Cyberpunk 2077 are telling the people who feel offended for others to shut the fuck up.
    We need more of that.

Also, why is it that gaming journalists for bigger gaming papers (and journalists in general) can't seem to think further than outside appearance? Am I the only one that find it very odd that all they can see is race and the rest is irrelevant... seems like they are trying to compensate for their own shortcomings.
    That isn't CDPR saying that - its Mike Pondsmith, the creator of the IP and the CP2020 game, who also happens to be African-American.

Yeah, the outrage merchants (most of whom are white) are basically telling a black man what he should be offended by.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    That isn't CDPR saying that - its Mike Pondsmith, the creator of the IP and the CP2020 game, who also happens to be African-American.

Yeah, the outrage merchants (most of whom are white) are basically telling a black man what he should be offended by.
    He's working with CD Projekt Red on the game as a supervisor. Developer might be the wrong term tho, however. There is a comment from a developer when it comes to the transgender ad.

Should probably have worded it differently, more a kin to that others should stop telling creators what THEY MEAN and what they are based on a false surface level assumption.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-06-20 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post

Perfectly sums it up.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The idiots complaining about Cyberpunk always make me laugh. Quite literally it is People getting butthurt that something with a Dystopian Theme has a negative portrayal of Human Nature within it.

It's as if they are actually mentally retarded, like if they watched a Zombie movie and got mad that Zombies ate People. Good lord these People are genetically defective. There just isn't enough Bathtubs and toasters in the World.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    The idiots complaining about Cyberpunk always make me laugh. Quite literally it is People getting butthurt that something with a Dystopian Theme has a negative portrayal of Human Nature within it.

It's as if they are actually mentally retarded, like if they watched a Zombie movie and got mad that Zombies ate People. Good lord these People are genetically defective. There just isn't enough Bathtubs and toasters in the World.
    They don't care about the game, they won't play it. It's a group of people that seeks popular movies/shows/games and tries to create fake outrage for hate clicks. Best to ignore them, because they pray on the response hate.

Oh, and regarding zombies. One of the reviewers was complaining, that zombies in Days Gone are all white.