Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Page 6 of 307 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I figure we'll get at least three big xpacs for Witcher 3. They really hit the bulls eye so I can't blame them for milking it as long as possible
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of good news for witcher fans, but the sci-fi fan inside me died a lil

Yeah...that sucks. I'm sure Witcher 3 is fantastic and all, but I'm a huge sucker for Cyberpunk stuff. I really want this to happen (now!).

Curse you guys for making me remember that this game is a thing (and not coming out soon)!

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Yeah...that sucks. I'm sure Witcher 3 is fantastic and all, but I'm a huge sucker for Cyberpunk stuff.
    Good news everyone! This year, we got Shadowrun: Hong Kong and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided coming out this year! Hopefully! That's two games that by themselves are very long, replayable games. Should satisfy your cyberpunk urge until something else like fantasy or Sci Fi takes over, and then by the time it makes it's round back to you again Cyberpunk 2077 will be out! Hopefully!

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't the Shadowrun guys go bankrupt?

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Looks like it, unfortunately.

I hope that everything goes well for them; I really enjoyed Shadowrun Returns, despite its flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    FASA (The D&D giant of the 80s and 90s) sold the property to WizKids, who as of late have been unsuccessful with table-top games (due to the increasing popularity of video gaming). One of the original creators of the IP was able to acquire the rights to kickstart the new series of Shadowrun CRPG video games, with 'Returns in 2013, Dragonfall last year and this coming fall Hong Kong.

Looks like it, unfortunately.

I hope that everything goes well for them; I really enjoyed Shadowrun Returns, despite its flaws.
    It's confusing, but apparently the devs proper went bankrupt, but the company under the same name that publish the game/maintain the servers are still around. Or something...I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's confusing, but apparently the devs proper went bankrupt, but the company under the same name that publish the game/maintain the servers are still around. Or something...I don't know.
    Uh...huh.

Yup, still confused. In any event, I am hopeful for more Shadowrun.

Uh...huh.

Yup, still confused. In any event, I am hopeful for more Shadowrun.
    the confusion lies in that you are talking about two different Shadowrun games that are run by two different companies.

Cliffhanger Productions (based in Austria) are the devs for Shadowrun Chronicles, which is the company that is going bankrupt

Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall, and the upcoming Hong Kong are developed by Harebrained Schemes (based in Seattle)
    Last edited by Valeron; 2015-06-01 at 12:30 AM.

Deleted
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/cd-pr...cher-3/0156903

a few new informations in interview with CDPR visual artist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/cd-pr...cher-3/0156903

a few new informations in interview with CDPR visual artist
    I am so looking forward to this game.

Now it has been revealed that the title will be ever grander in scale than the third and final entry in the developer’s sprawling fantasy series, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
    Be still my beating heart. Oh lord.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyb.../1100-6432843/

While official details on Cyberpunk 2077 are being kept largely under wraps, CD Projekt Red joint CEO Adam Kicinski has now revealed the game is "even more ambitious" than what the developer originally had in mind.

"The project is even more ambitious than we first planned (...) we need to create a game that will be even more successful," he said on Polish TV station TVN24 BiS, as translated by Gamepressure. "We have a long way ahead of us to reach the biggest commercial successes in the world."

Kicinski went on to say that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was a big success with 6 million copies sold against an $81 million budget. The game was a "good investment," according to CD Projekt Red management, but at the same time, The Witcher 3 won't end up being a worldwide chart-topper for the full year.

"Sure, many people consider The Witcher 3 to be the best game in the world this year, but this is not a game that broke any sales record," he explained.

Cyberpunk 2077 was announced in October 2012. Details on the game have been scarce, although CD Projekt Red did say that it was not planning to discuss the game until 2017 at the earliest. According to visual effects artist Jose Teixeira, "Cyberpunk is far bigger than anything else that CD Projekt Red has done before... far, far bigger."

CD Projekt Red is "focusing" on Cyberpunk 2077, though the developer continues to support its award-winning Witcher 3 with new content.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this rate is isnt going to be released until 2077.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    [url]
    Cyberpunk 2077 was announced in October 2012. Details on the game have been scarce, although CD Projekt Red did say that it was not planning to discuss the game until 2017 at the earliest.

Damn... So if they're not going to talk much more about it til 2017, it probably won't actually come out til 2018..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    At this rate is isnt going to be released until 2077.
    Hopefully before October 23rd when the bombs drop.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/36831...077+late+2016/

CD Projekt Red wants to publish Cyberpunk 2077 at the end of 2016. This has been verified by a reliable source close to the Polish developer and Gamereactor Germany.

Well, I rly doubt they will be able to release it before 2017 but I think summer of 2017 is possible.

edit:

CDPR: We usually don't comment rumours. Cyberpunk 2077 will be released when it's ready.
    Last edited by mmoc9f96497ef5; 2015-12-08 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    CDPR: We usually don't comment rumours. Cyberpunk 2077 will be released when it's ready.
    I prefer it that way.

Deleted
    Well... I've been waiting 25 years for a proper, official Cyberpunk 2020 PC game. I can wait a few years longer.