Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    In the end, however, that wasn't my main point.
    It was the only point you made so it kind of was. If you think CDPR is browsing something as obscure and niche as an old WoW fan forum for advice on how to make their game idk what to tell you. They already have plenty of ways to communicate and receive feedback from their fan base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Doubtful seems like you're just trying to play contrarian because...

Skyrim can be played in 3rd person so... Pretty sure you where just trying to pull a gacha moment on me but sorry didn't work.

Yes, and the perspective of the game has nothing to do with the strengths of the studio like I said. In fact it might actually help them because their 3rd person gameplay is in fact, shit.
    Believe whatever you want, I was just explaining my perspective. I have also still not played RE7 either because of the 1st person and Resident Evil is one of my favorite series ever. It also took me a long, long time before I finally played Fallout 3 but that was only partly due to the 1st person. I also hated that they changed it from a turn based strategy game series to a shooter.

If you think CDPR is browsing something as obscure and niche as an old WoW fan forum
    If you think they were talking about MMO-Champion specifically despite the fact they repeatedly spoke of forums in the plural and their point was about the message spreading then idk what to tell you.

to be honest, i don't expect CD project to change anything for this game. they have their vision for it and its absolutely their prerogative and my dislike for first person has nothing to do with the quality of the story or anything else, I'm about 99% sure, its going to be fantastic. all i'm doing is expressing an opinion to a group of peers, in part because there are other people here who can relate to the disappointment. the most i can hope for here is that CD project sees the response and potentially considers adding third person option in their next game for their fans who prefer it to first person view.

P.S. I played fallout games and ES games in third person. original fallouts were isometric, but from 3 and up, you could play in third person even if animations were a bit... junky. quite possibly one of the reasons i prefer Elder Scrolls Online to previous entries in a franchise. it was designed for third person, so it looks better in third person, than Skyrim etc does. it keeps me engaged longer, and doesn't distract me from the story and the world as much.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    If you think they were talking about MMO-Champion
    I don't have to think. We are talking about the discussion in this thread, which is on mmo-champion.

I don't have to think.
    Maybe you should.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Believe whatever you want, I was just explaining my perspective. I have also still not played RE7 either because of the 1st person and Resident Evil is one of my favorite series ever. It also took me a long, long time before I finally played Fallout 3 but that was only partly due to the 1st person. I also hated that they changed it from a turn based strategy game series to a shooter.
    I mean at least you're 1 for 3 now I guess because RE7 is in fact first person only. Fallout 3 and Skyrim can both be played in 3rd person.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Maybe you should.
    Irony, but just so we're clear.

Once again, when someone asks why people are discussing this for pages on mmo-champion. A guy then replies with we want the devs to hear us. It is implying they give a rats ass about some random thread on an obscure fan site over the other dozens of options they have to interact with fans.

It was the only point you made so it kind of was.
    Literary device (in this case satire) along with the context of the originating quote imply meaning beyond a surface read of the text. Specifically the one I directly stated so as to make it more obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have to think. We are talking about the discussion in this thread, which is on mmo-champion.
    The location of a conversation gives some context, but it doesn't direct you to swap out the actual words being used. If you want to have a meaningful conversation and attempt to understand one another, putting thought into what is actually being said may be helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, when someone asks why people are discussing this for pages on mmo-champion. A guy then replies with we want the devs to hear us. It is implying they give a rats ass about some random thread on an obscure fan site over the other dozens of options they have to interact with fans.
    Again, had you read and attempted to comprehend what was being said, it would be more clear to you. As it obviously was to some other readers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean at least you're 1 for 3 now I guess because RE7 is in fact first person only. Fallout 3 and Skyrim can both be played in 3rd person.
    Yeah, and they play really well and were absolutely designed to be played in 3rd person and it doesn't just feel like something tacked on at the last min. Sure. A cake can also be worn as a hat but it clearly isn't actually made to be used that way.

Also, the fact that Skyrim and Fallout 3 have a third person mode are 100% relevant to my point about the fact that I only played The Witcher 3 in the first place largely because it was a 3rd person action rpg.

https: //www . you tube . com/watch? v=6HAyQLQPj5g

I can't post full on videos as im new here adn this shows that CDPR are really into their roleplay.

God, after this Blizzcon it's good know there's at least one original worthwhile game still being developed. If this game somehow manages to suck, I think video games are officially in a dark age.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    God, after this Blizzcon it's good know there's at least one original worthwhile game still being developed. If this game somehow manages to suck, I think video games are officially in a dark age.
    Video Games are currently in a renaissance, not even close to a dark age. Stop living in the AAA hype train bubble and expand your horizons. The "dark ages" of gaming was the shitty ass gen 7 where we where getting spoonfed generic shooter after generic shooter, gaming has come a long way out from that shit hole.

Video Games are currently in a renaissance, not even close to a dark age. Stop living in the AAA hype train bubble and expand your horizons. The "dark ages" of gaming was the shitty ass gen 7 where we where getting spoonfed generic shooter after generic shooter, gaming has come a long way out from that shit hole.
    it truly speaks loud and clear when the top companies release commercial tripe which is collapsing under its own weight but the rest are releasing some ASTOUNDINGLY good game experiences.

It's not in a dark age yet but we've been getting burned by hype very hard lately and I think 2077 could be the breaking point if it ends up being bad. I don't think it will so it's probably okay.

It's not in a dark age yet but we've been getting burned by hype very hard lately and I think 2077 could be the breaking point if it ends up being bad. I don't think it will so it's probably okay.
    You got burned by hype. Meanwhile pretty much any game I'm "hyped" for meets my expectations. One has to wonder what games you're so hyped for that you're being burned because most of the major stinkers have giant red flags thrown up long before release that you should see coming a mile away. Cyberpunk doesn't have those flags, nor do the majority of good games coming out.

10+ Year Old Account
    You got burned by hype. Meanwhile pretty much any game I'm "hyped" for meets my expectations. One has to wonder what games you're so hyped for that you're being burned because most of the major stinkers have giant red flags thrown up long before release that you should see coming a mile away. Cyberpunk doesn't have those flags, nor do the majority of good games coming out.
    The last game I'd say I got "burned" by the hype for was No Man's Sky.

Even Fallout 76, I pre-ordered with eyes wide open. I was absolutely expecting;
    1> Bethesda Bugginess™
    2> Multiplayer I didn't care about and wouldn't get involved in so didn't care about problems with that aspect, and
    3> Exploration-based gameplay; I've always been more attracted to the "poking around dusty ruins" aspect of Fallout more than "chat up people in a shanty town for quests" aspect, so I didn't mind at all that the latter was cut out.

The launch was a bit of a shitshow, but I was kind of expecting that, and I got what I wanted out of the game regardless. I'm not still playing it, and the Fallout First fiasco means I might never go back, but I got my money's worth in the time I spent, and I enjoyed it well enough. I need modding to bring me back and I ain't paying to get it; I'll just go mod FO4 or something if I want to scratch that itch at this point.

Cyberpunk, though? This game looks way, way better. Exactly up my tree. And while I usually don't get hyped, Witcher 3 blew my expectations out of the water, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    CDPR are definitely having fun with this.

Oh man, the shade is real :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I mean I could name the obvious elephants in the room but you would just handwave it away.

I mean I could name the obvious elephants in the room but you would just handwave it away.
    I don't need to handwave anything, I literally have more games I want to play then I have time to play. We are currently in one of the best periods in gaming history. If you think it's bad because of garbage like Anthem or Fallout 76 you're getting hyped for shit that is pretty obviously going to be actual shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't need to handwave anything, I literally have more games I want to play then I have time to play. We are currently in one of the best periods in gaming history. If you think it's bad because of garbage like Anthem or Fallout 76 you're getting hyped for shit that is pretty obviously going to be actual shit.
    There's also a decent argument to be made that a big reason we're in a golden age for TV, video games, and to a lesser extent, films, is because there's a metric ton of garbage being produced.

Go back 30 years, and everything cost so much and the market was smaller, so those producing very much had to play it "safe". Less so with video games, because it was a niche market back then, but it hit that same point in the '90s and early '00s. Everything produced hit similar tropes and "feels". Now, so much is being produced, and niche markets have become prominent enough to be marketed to, and so you've got a lot of people trying a lot of different things. 90% of those are misses. The 10% that hit the right notes, though, are something special.

You can't have genius without taking risks, and we're finally in a point where taking risks is the path to real success.