Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Well the constant delays. The fact features is getting cut like wall jumping is never a great sign. And the map being mostly a solar panel grid doesn't fill me with confidence there will be much variety outside of city scraper spam
    Constant delays? There's been, what 2? And those have been for polishing and bug fixes which, as someone who has been waiting 7 years for the game, I am happy for.

And the wall jumping, while nice, they just couldn't get to work properly. Climbing is still in though. (And swimming apparanetly)

And the city itself is big, and tightly packed, with plenty of verticality. V lives on the 17th floor of the block he is in, and you can visit pretty much all of the rest of teh block from what has been said. And that is just one of many such buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Hmm. Well Red Dead Redemption 2, a game people seem to love, was delayed twice as well. One feature getting cut doesn't seem to me to be something to really worry about either. As far as what the map contains, I think I'm more interested to see what the verticality of the map is like. If it has big apartment residential areas that are like those in the Dredd movie I'm sold.
    Red Dead 2 isn't really comparable because take two always throws out bs release dates on rockstar games they stand no chance at making to get investors to stfu. Literally every rockstar game gets delayed multiple times for this very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Well the constant delays. The fact features is getting cut like wall jumping is never a great sign. And the map being mostly a solar panel grid doesn't fill me with confidence there will be much variety outside of city scraper spam
    2 delays so far aren't that alarming and "features getting cut" is absolutely normal in game development. It probably just didn't work out like they hoped it to be. Don't wanna know how many features got scrapped in development for games like Monster Hunter, Ghost of Tsushima or God of War.
    And for "map being mostly solar panels", we have to actually wait for this one, but it would still make sense that these cities would need a fuckton of energy to run. I mean GTA5s map is basically 70% desert and everyone's fine with that. It all comes down as to how it works in the actual game. IF this one turns out to be true, i doubt they'll be actually sending you there more than a few times, but rather the densely packed star of the show, the city itself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account

Looking promising.

Still 3 months to go before we can actually play it though. That is going to feel like forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Looking promising.

Still 3 months to go before we can actually play it though. That is going to feel like forever.
    It already feels like forever, what's a little bit more of forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    It already feels like forever, what's a little bit more of forever.
    Hah, yeah. I've been following it since the initial teaser seven years ago. Of course that is nothing compared to how long people have been waiting for GRRM to finish his damn series.

Hah, yeah. I've been following it since the initial teaser seven years ago. Of course that is nothing compared to how long people have been waiting for GRRM to finish his damn series.
    pfff, hold my mangas with "the five star stories", 15 tankobon since 86 and still published T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    No.

He's a walking fictional character.

"Fan" Fiction and an actual published book of fiction (Or published game) are entirely different things.

YOU need to check the definition of terms before you use them.

You may think he seems like he's "written as" or "comes across as" a bad fanfic character, but he's NOT a FANfic character. He's a Fic Character.
    What are you talking about?
    I literally called him a fictional character. I'm not the one who called him a "walking fanfic character"...
    Your reading comprehension is abysmal.

Wonder how they are gonna balance a smart SMG gun vs shotguns/melee etc.

Rapid fire bullets that home in on their targets is normally OP as fuck in any game
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post

Rapid fire bullets that home in on their targets is normally OP as fuck in any game
    Make them do less dmg, make ammo more expensive\harder to find. What was kinda meh was the fact that each weapon type does basically same thing, ignores covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Make them do less dmg, make ammo more expensive\harder to find. What was kinda meh was the fact that each weapon type does basically same thing, ignores covers.
    Perhaps. But I cant see Cyberpunk going the way of the last of us on grounded difficulty where you get F all ammo.

I can imagine the player gets quite rich after a few bounties and ammo is trivial compared to cybernetic upgrades but this is all conjuncture of course and personal opinion without playing it. Hopefully they can strike a balance where you can choose what you like and not feel gimped
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-08-16 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post

From what I understand, smart weapons are less damaging than other weapons and they also have a delay while you lock onto the target, which means that your opponent, if they know you are there, gets to fire first.

There are three types of firearms - smart, tech and power. Power are just your regularly everyday firearms like what we have at the moment, but can have the option to ricochet rounds. Tech weapons are in effect railguns and can shoot through cover. And smart weapons are the homing ones (which are partially there for those who aren't very good at shooters.)

And there are also going to be a variety of ammo types - incendiary, acid, AP, flechette etc. All of which are taken from CP2020 game.

From what I understand, smart weapons are less damaging than other weapons and they also have a delay while you lock onto the target, which means that your opponent, if they know you are there, gets to fire first.

There are three types of firearms - smart, tech and power. Power are just your regularly everyday firearms like what we have at the moment, but can have the option to ricochet rounds. Tech weapons are in effect railguns and can shoot through cover. And smart weapons are the homing ones (which are partially there for those who aren't very good at shooters.)

And there are also going to be a variety of ammo types - incendiary, acid, AP, flechette etc. All of which are taken from CP2020 game.
    Oh nice. That makes sense with the 3 different types.

Rail Gun through Cover shoulds fun.

Get your arnie Eraser vibes on

this will have RPG elements right? like talents/skills?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Those videos were cool and all... but I'm getting more and more worried when I only see Katana as the melee weapons, and little to no customisation options for them.

Really feels like my durable melee build is getting less and less viable.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    this will have RPG elements right? like talents/skills?
    Its an RPG game first, with shooting elements. So yes, it has a skill tree/stats etc.

One thing I do like that I have heard so far is that using stuff improves your skill with it. So shooting a handgun improves your handgun skill, but no higher than the associated stat. So if you have low reflexes then your handgun skill with be low. Also, the higher your skill with a weapon, the smoother your use of it is - better reload, less wobble etc.

There are also perks associated with each of the five stats that give you a wide variety of extra benefits.

Its an RPG game first, with shooting elements. So yes, it has a skill tree/stats etc.

One thing I do like that I have heard so far is that using stuff improves your skill with it. So shooting a handgun improves your handgun skill, but no higher than the associated stat. So if you have low reflexes then your handgun skill with be low. Also, the higher your skill with a weapon, the smoother your use of it is - better reload, less wobble etc.

There are also perks associated with each of the five stats that give you a wide variety of extra benefits.
    so kind of like the skyrim system in a way?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor