Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I actually had the exact same initial reaction to the Witcher 3. I bought it on its first sale, in 2017, played it to about that same ghost boss, then quit it because I wasn't having fun. Reinstalled it a month ago, and found it one of the best games I have ever played. Geralt certainly isn't a tank, it isn't that kind of game, but if you prepare well the fights feel rewarding, and the writing is absolutely astounding. The first few hours are legit the worst in the game, especially if you aren't that familiar with the characters, because it does a crap job of introducing anything.
    They really could have done a better job with that introduction then. I mean, Dragon Age Inquisition was in a similar spot, a third installment of a high-fantasy game with lots of recurring characters, but I never really felt lost playing it even though I never played Dragon Age before it. I guess it helps that you play as your own original character and not a protagonist with a lot of history and personality, but still.

Maybe I could give it another shot and power through those first few hours. Everyone loves the game and I don't really like being out of the conversations. I've got a few weeks until Cyberpunk launches and I'm between jobs, so I gotta fill the time somehow. After defense builds, my second favorites are the trader/consumable builds, who make tons of money to spend on gear ahead of the level curve and stat buffing/direct damage items, which does seem very Witcher-y.

Cyberpunk on PC or PS5 though

Decisions decisions....

A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    They really could have done a better job with that introduction then. I mean, Dragon Age Inquisition was in a similar spot, a third installment of a high-fantasy game with lots of recurring characters, but I never really felt lost playing it even though I never played Dragon Age before it. I guess it helps that you play as your own original character and not a protagonist with a lot of history and personality, but still.

Maybe I could give it another shot and power through those first few hours. Everyone loves the game and I don't really like being out of the conversations. I've got a few weeks until Cyberpunk launches and I'm between jobs, so I gotta fill the time somehow. After defense builds, my second favorites are the trader/consumable builds, who make tons of money to spend on gear ahead of the level curve and stat buffing/direct damage items, which does seem very Witcher-y.
    Yeah, they really could have. I hadn't played any of the witcher series before either, so I was super confused as to who all these characters are. You spend like 80% of the game looking for someone you don't really know unless you read the books. Still, you do know the character pretty well by the time you do catch up. Both the main quests and the side quests are just done exceptionally well. It is a really dark fantasy world in some surprising ways. Not an over the top grimdark like Warhammer, but in a very plausible "People are complete assholes" sort of way. Monsters are assholes too though, so it kind of balances out.
    "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine." DJT- Jan 22, 2020
    "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done." DJT- Feb 26, 2020
    “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” DJT- Feb 27, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Cyberpunk on PC or PS5 though

Decisions decisions....
    in pc much cheaper than in PS5 .... and it is the same, end of discussion ... Actually for Ciberpunk 2077 for PC you can find it for 41€ for PS4 its about 55€... And for PS5 about 65€ .... I think is a waste of money... Go for the cheaper version, its exactly the same
    Last edited by Megaman35; 2020-10-27 at 09:04 AM. Reason: more info

One of my friends actually gifted this game to me. Now I'm really hyped to play!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Yeah, they really could have. I hadn't played any of the witcher series before either, so I was super confused as to who all these characters are. You spend like 80% of the game looking for someone you don't really know unless you read the books. Still, you do know the character pretty well by the time you do catch up. Both the main quests and the side quests are just done exceptionally well. It is a really dark fantasy world in some surprising ways. Not an over the top grimdark like Warhammer, but in a very plausible "People are complete assholes" sort of way. Monsters are assholes too though, so it kind of balances out.
    I feel that sometimes it goes a bit gratuitously over the top, such as how depraved Whoreson Junior is, just how batshit they made Radovid, and how literally every single person associated with the standard issue Christianity stand-in is a massively hypocritical asshole at best and a perverted serial killer nearly half the time. I honestly found the game more black and white than most, some situations are greyer but for most of the game the line between the heroes and the villains is pretty clearly drawn; the DLC is generally better about this.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

So assuming both Cyberpunk and Shadowlands come out roughly the same time, which will you play?

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    So assuming both Cyberpunk and Shadowlands come out roughly the same time, which will you play?
    Anyone who values their time, their money, or their enjoyment, I'd assume is picking Cyberpunk. But I'm biased as hell now, I'll pick anything over wow at this point.

Cyberpunk got delayed 21 days, check their twitter.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Anyone who values their time, their money, or their enjoyment, I'd assume is picking Cyberpunk.
    So people who won't share your opinion, don't value their time/money/enjoyment? For me WoW expac is something that lose value over time, launch night is easily best experience. CP is open world single player cRPG, playing it few days later will be same except you will have less bugs.

Damn, they must have found something nasty. 3 week delay after going gold isn't great at all, and I guess that Day 1 update is gonna be pretty important for the game.

Launching across so many different platforms must be a nightmare, I hope Google is at least throwing them some cash for the Stadia release.

December 10th is perfect for me tbh, just a day before my 3 week vacation, nice. Also maybe my 3080 will arrive by then.

Herald of the Titans MrPaladinGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Damnit, my bday is or rather was a week after release and I was looking forward to playing it.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2020-10-27 at 06:26 PM.
    8600K @ 4.8 | 1080 Strix | 16GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 SSD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS | Oculus Rift CV1

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post

Its like poetry.
    Somebody got rekted.
    Not to worried cause this still gives me more time to finish off my pile of games I haven’t finished yet

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Damn, they must have found something nasty. 3 week delay after going gold isn't great at all, and I guess that Day 1 update is gonna be pretty important for the game.

Launching across so many different platforms must be a nightmare, I hope Google is at least throwing them some cash for the Stadia release.
    Looking how they behaved i think they just could not crunch nasty enough to get rid of all the launch game bugs. They know they "gone gold" with game that would be unplayable without day 1 patch.
    So, they just extended the crunch period.

This sucks so hard. I'm not blaming the devs for delaying it, I know it must have been very important given the timing. But why must fate delay my satisfaction? I thought the wait for the 19th was tough but this is just unreal.

Rumors are getting out that the delay happening because one of the dogshit archaic console system shits the bed from something in the game. If thats true, nice one CDPR, fucking up the release for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Rumors are getting out that the delay happening because one of the dogshit archaic console system shits the bed from something in the game. If thats true, nice one CDPR, fucking up the release for everyone else.
    If that is true and it was delayed because of a console problem. Just release the fucking PC version and then the console versions at a later time. Keep the PC version launch on the 19th November..