Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    It's mostly from the Kotakus, Polygons, Reseteras, etc. The usual autistic screechers

It's literally the best source of comedy on the internet IMO, right next to Nu-SomethingAwful.
    Strangely this time it was RockPaperShotgun that had the bitching fit. If it was the 3 you mentioned no one would bat an eyelid, but RPS was usually not associated with being selfrighteous pricks on the level of craptaku&co (still funny how a side with such a weaboo name can be so militant and regressivly leftist).

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Never change REEEEEEsetera.
    The fact that they even have audacity to show publicly what they are banning you for so that everyone with a working brain can see what a fucking bullshit it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    The fact that they even have audacity to show publicly what they are banning you for so that everyone with a working brain can see what a fucking bullshit it is...
    Can we just enjoy a game these days?

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I just noticed we can actually see Johnny's hologram on the new gameplay trailer I posted before. Go to 0:10 and look to the right.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ok, I just noticed we can actually see Johnny's hologram on the new gameplay trailer I posted before. Go to 0:10 and look to the right.
    and at :03 to the right of the mirror

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Looks like a generic futuristic 1st person shooter. Reminds me of Fallout, Far Cry, and even a bit of Mass Effect.

I won't be playing it. It's not my thing, but to each their own.
    Those are three pretty different games.

In any case, from everything I have seen thus far Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be much closer to Deus Ex than any of those three games. It is a first person RPG. Out of the three you listed it is closest to Fallout although with more focus on the RPG elements. You can play it going all out shooting or melee slaughtering but you can also play non-lethal as well.

But, like you said, to each their own. I personally am not a big fan of first person games but I am interested in this due to the focus on player choice and story telling.

Tick Tock Tick Tock! The time is Running Short and short!
    For all the lefte Reeeee Websites like Kotaku, polygon and their newest baby Rock Paper Shotgun. well, they need to find klicks as quick as possible it sims :P Sad...

Man, folks sure are paying a lot of attention to a whole bunch of largely pointless social media drama over bullshit. Not quite sure why, it's dumb and not worth the attention.

Game looks cool. It's got cool Keanu in it. I'm happy to see what they keep showing off as they march towards launch without wasting time on pointless social media drama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, folks sure are paying a lot of attention to a whole bunch of largely pointless social media drama over bullshit. Not quite sure why, it's dumb and not worth the attention.

Game looks cool. It's got cool Keanu in it. I'm happy to see what they keep showing off as they march towards launch without wasting time on pointless social media drama.
    Its not 'pointless social media drama' when most major gaming press outlets are pushing the same narrative at this point.

I agree, but way you said it, well, isn't pretty much 90% of today's' internet so?

¯\(°_o)/¯

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Its not 'pointless social media drama' when most major gaming press outlets are pushing the same narrative at this point.
    Yeah, it's called a bandwagon. They are doing it beacuse people paid attention to the instigators and they said eh what the hell let's go for it. It's not a narrative, it's just bullshit people trying to capitalise on.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

What are "most"? I've seen a handful of articles, but again...so what? Has drama like this ever actually impacted your decision to purchase a game you're interested in? They're welcome to their opinions, and at least for me, if I think they're dumb/disagree with them I generally will give them a read but not put much stock in them.

Folks that hate "SJW's" sure seem to spend a lot of time paying attention to and talking about them. Not sure why, seems like it's just another headache and unnecessary time/effort following this stuff.

It's not just social media. There seems to be a large community of people that WANT there to be a controversy about Cyberpunk 2077.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are "most"? I've seen a handful of articles, but again...so what? Has drama like this ever actually impacted your decision to purchase a game you're interested in? They're welcome to their opinions, and at least for me, if I think they're dumb/disagree with them I generally will give them a read but not put much stock in them.
    If companies ignored them I wouldn't care, but its 2019, companies kowtow to every demand of these idiots because otherwise they get tons of baseless bad press about how problematic and bigoted they are.

Folks that hate "SJW's" sure seem to spend a lot of time paying attention to and talking about them. Not sure why, seems like it's just another headache and unnecessary time/effort following this stuff.
    Its almost like I want these people to quit fucking with the products I enjoy and changing them for the worse or something...

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    It's not just social media. There seems to be a large community of people that WANT there to be a controversy about Cyberpunk 2077.
    Media outlets that are operating on lean budgets are hungry for clicks, so they'll focus on drama/outrage? How new!

Or not, it's the same garbage pretty much every site around has been doing for years and years as ad revenue becomes harder and harder to come by.

But again - So what? Does this impact you? Probably not. Will this impact the game? Probably not. Is it even talking about the game proper? No, just the marketing. And they're welcome to their opinions and criticism.

Who dont love Keanu? He is a nice guy

15+ Year Old Account
    Media outlets that are operating on lean budgets are hungry for clicks, so they'll focus on drama/outrage? How new!

Or not, it's the same garbage pretty much every site around has been doing for years and years as ad revenue becomes harder and harder to come by.

But again - So what? Does this impact you? Probably not. Will this impact the game? Probably not. Is it even talking about the game proper? No, just the marketing. And they're welcome to their opinions and criticism.
    Considering these people get games changed like cathrine, yea it does affect me their bitching is being paid attention to.

If companies ignored them I wouldn't care, but its 2019, companies kowtow to every demand of these idiots because otherwise they get tons of baseless bad press about how problematic and bigoted they are.
    Ok, so they might change how the game is marketed in response to this criticism. And...? It's just the marketing, not the game itself that's being criticized. Is that really going to impact you?

Its almost like I want these people to quit fucking with the products I enjoy and changing them for the worse or something...
    They're not "fucking with the products" you enjoy, they're voicing their own opinions which they're welcome to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Considering these people get games changed like cathrine, yea it does affect me their bitching is being paid attention to.
    Like what, in Catherine? The western version hasn't come out, and I'm unaware of any confirmed changes in response to criticism.

Wasn't it just a few lines that got changed? Hardly ruins the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so they might change how the game is marketed in response to this criticism. And...? It's just the marketing, not the game itself that's being criticized. Is that really going to impact you?

They're not "fucking with the products" you enjoy, they're voicing their own opinions which they're welcome to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Like what, in Catherine? The western version hasn't come out, and I'm unaware of any confirmed changes in response to criticism.
    Voice actress confirmed their taking out “transphobic” stuff like the dead naming in the credits.

Voice actress confirmed their taking out “transphobic” stuff like the dead naming in the credits.
    Ok, so they're not dead naming in the credits...and? Does this impact the game itself? Does anyone really read all the credits for a game anyways?

As with the criticism of the Cyberpunk marketing, this seems grossly overblown.