Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Am I the only one that finds the poster sort of celebrating and showing trans as a normal thing in the future, hence the opposite of "transphobic"?
    Dunno if it celebrates it, but it's a world where people remove their limbs and even their faces along with large chunks of their skull to bolt on some mechanical parts. A tranny with a raging 10 inch boner is probably not high on the list of weird things.

As for the whole trans thing, I always find it weird how everyone kowtows to the whims of a subsection of a subsection of a miniscule percentage of the population. If I was a trans person I'd be ashamed to be associated with these twitter warriors and their constant whinging and whining.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-06-16 at 07:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one that finds the poster sort of celebrating and showing trans as a normal thing in the future, hence the opposite of "transphobic"?
    Not the only one, I felt that way too. But what do I know, I'm a cis white male.

I think all this nonsense needs to burn. Fucking ignorant, bigoted, homo/transphobic morons. The scum of society. THEY are the ones drumming up this bullshit controversy. I for one can't wait to play the game, whitewashing or no, transphobic or no. I take it as it is. No political or sociological agendas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Mike Pondsmith smacking some fucking truth into SJW's and "progressives"

God bless this man, based.

This is awesome

Nick Cage as Silverhand.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comm..._in_cyberpunk/
    Do you hear the voices too?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    This is awesome

Nick Cage as Silverhand.

Yep, Keanu is a newest meme in town:
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yep, Keanu is a newest meme in town:
    Haha yeah so many good ones.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    This is awesome

Nick Cage as Silverhand.

"Put the bunny back in the box, samurai."

10+ Year Old Account
    Right back to talk about the game,

I really like the premise of cyberspace;

So as you saw in the demo, the cyberspace is like a dark, dangerous place. You need the assistance of multiple netrunners. Those people that were there in cyberspace, they were with you. They were your cover. They were helping out, making sure that nothing is getting you. Basically the cyberspace in our game is this extremely dark, grim place from the past. It's a past that has been divided by the black wal

And i also like the level of detail they are putting into this;

Basically you would be fried. In 2020, your brain would be fried. This is the reason V gets into the bathtub. Because her body has to be cooled because you become sort of a CPU. You become a CPU that's running this whole thing through your body. You have to be cooled down because otherwise you fry. So this whole setup has to be there so that you can access this. But there are points in the story when you do.

Also seems like their non-lethal option is more than a gimmick, what is always good for replayability;

Right now, every weapon and every cyberware has a nonlethal option. I think I can say everything. There's one thing: only weapons that are lethal by definition, so let's say you shoot someone with a bazooka in his face. You shoot his head off. That's typically lethal. So there are weapons that are so lethal that it can not go any way otherwise.

From here

Just have to see if they can deliver on the gameplay end of it all, as story and details, systems and so forth is something we already know they can shine on but can they deliver on things like racing, shooting etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I felt like some of the earlier Fallout games did this well as well with the 1950s theme
    I feel Fallout did well with their ads as well, but...

The majority of the ads I saw from a quick skim showed the products or entertainer being advertised with little representation of the target consumer.

But of the few ads I saw a non-robotic consumer being represented, they appeared to represent the typical WASP nuclear family. While this is exactly how the advertisements should be shown given the setting, its tough to tell how much thought went into this, or if they just copy/pasted 'historical' themes and examples.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Mike Pondsmith smacking some fucking truth into SJW's and "progressives"
    Its not even about being progressive or conservative when it comes this kind of stuff. People like to stir !@#$ up, and if they see something that might possibly offend anyone, there's going to be someone in the billions of nameless faces online that's willing to fake outrage to fill that empty part of their soul that their mommy and daddy didn't satisfy.

But, but, but then they lose that sweet, sweet protected status, and that's literally worse then deadnaming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey @CDPROJEKTRED, I'm always available for consulting cause it sure sounds like you might need it before the whole of the internet drags you for what sounds like some potentially sexist representations... which we all know you've struggled with in the past
    https://twitter.com/anitasarkeesian/...37414381322240
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Oh no, the 4th horseman has appeared. Its the end time boys and girls.

Grab some good liquor and fare the loved ones farewell!

They have Pondsmith. They don't need any other "consultants".

15+ Year Old Account
    muhgaina

There, i summed up everything she does.

10+ Year Old Account
    With all the shit she's stirring, 34k followers on twitter...minor NPC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great. Way to remind me that this woman still exists...

The Mary Whitehouse of today's generation
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-06-17 at 12:46 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    It's like she once again didn't try to understand the story, she just sees tits and assumes it's promoting sexualization of women. She said the same shit with Witcher 3 which is absolutely hilarious. And in CP2077 you're overtly battling corporations which turn people into objects and oppress them. But nah, tits bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    It's like she once again didn't try to understand the story, she just sees tits and assumes it's promoting sexualization of women. She said the same shit with Witcher 3 which is absolutely hilarious. And in CP2077 you're overtly battling corporations which turn people into objects and oppress them. But nah, tits bad.
    I don't agree with how absurd some of her arguments are but lets not kid ourselves and say her complaints with W3 where just "because tits". In fact I don't think her biggest problem was with nudity at all, it's the fact characters like Ciri are out there sword fighting in heels and every woman in the game besides Ciri is dick drunk for Geralt. I don't even care if they're sexist things or not they're actually pretty dumb things that hurt the serious tone the game is going for.

She is for the most part an idiot though... Anyways 2077 is stylized enough that CDPR can do stupid shit like the above and get away with it without it being out of place. It was just dumb in Witcher, so don't be me wrong she is right about one in a million things for the most part.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-06-17 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I don't agree with how absurd some of her arguments are but lets not kid ourselves and say her complaints with W3 where just "because tits". In fact I don't think her biggest problem was with nudity at all, it's the fact characters like Ciri are out there sword fighting in heels and every woman in the game besides Ciri is dick drunk for Geralt. I don't even care if they're sexist things or not they're actually pretty dumb things that hurt the serious tone the game is going for.

She is for the most part an idiot though... Anyways 2077 is stylized enough that CDPR can do stupid shit like the above and get away with it without it being out of place. It was just dumb in Witcher, so don't be me wrong she is right about one in a million things for the most part.
    I think we all are kind of "dick drunk" for Geralt. No homo ... or maybe a little

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    and every woman in the game besides Ciri is dick drunk for Geralt.
    I'm honestly not sure the games ever got into why that is. The books are explicit.

1> Women enjoy sex, too, y'know.
    2> Witchers are sterile. 0% chance of impregnation and having to explain things to your husband.
    3> Witchers are immune to diseases. Including, like, all STDs. So that's a big plus.
    4> He's not sticking around. Witchers never do. They fix your monster problem, and leave.
    5> Geralt is, like, super-buff, handsome, grizzled, dangerous, but also a pretty decent bloke. Hits a lot of buttons.

In short, Geralt's basically the tailor-made perfect no-frills hook-up partner for a lady looking for some strange.

In the books, it's presented less as Geralt swanning about racking up tail, and more Geralt being hit on by all the goddamned women, all the time, Jesus god I just want a nap and maybe a nice beer. He's the one being aggressively objectified all the time, in this scenario. The first Witcher game really screwed up the dynamic by giving you trading cards for each new encounter, which made it seem like the goal was to rack up as many as you could, and that's a deviation from the source material.
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-06-17 at 01:41 AM.