Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

7+ Year Old Account
    Part 3 coming:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account

Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-09-18 at 07:34 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Great, now I am even more hyped. And the system requirements are lower than what I expected (then again, when you make a game at some point you have to lock in the specs, which for development this probably happened at least a year ago).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a bad feeling about this game.

Just dont be shocked if this game doesnt reach peoples expectations. We'll see though.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

Just dont be shocked if this game doesnt reach peoples expectations. We'll see though.
    I think too many people expect the literal second coming and will be dissapointed when it doesn't end up being the life-changing experience some claim TW3 was. I expect a well-made RPG in a beautifully crafted world with okay combat and a good variety of choices and consequence. If we get more, great, but from looking at every single trailer I don't think the gameplay looks like anything special to begin with and the writing seems to try way too hard to be edgy and "mature".

If the PC specs check out, at least it will be a well optimized game, which was also the case for TW3.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think some people are afraid to be dissapointed. Game just sound too good and so far every RPG made by CDPR is better than previous one.

So they have revealed the specs needed to run the game;

Recommended:

•DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    •Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
    •Memory: 12 GB
    •Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB or AMD Radeon R9 Fury
    •Storage: SDD (70 GB)

Minimum:

•DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    •Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K or AMD FX-8310
    •Memory: 8 GB
    •Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 3 GB or AMD Radeon RX 470
    •Storage: HDD (70 GB, SSD recommended)

Thats some optimisation wizardry to pull that off.

My computer is a few years old now and falls just short of recommended (except for the SSD as it just isn't big enough for the OS and game of that size), but being able to run this thing not at absolute minimum settings is pretty impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am actually surprised my 4 year old pc not only easily meets the minimum, but actually meets the recommended as well. I have an i5-6600k but near as I can tell it holds up pretty well against the i7-4790.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I am actually surprised my 4 year old pc not only easily meets the minimum, but actually meets the recommended as well. I have an i5-6600k but near as I can tell it holds up pretty well against the i7-4790.
    Well, game has been in production for many years, so it seems they locked the spec requirements way back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leaning corpro, maybe neutral evil or chaotic neutral. I don't expect the combat to be that great from the gameplay trailers, although it may get a lot better with perks, but I'm still super hyped for this game.

Which is why I personally never hype myself that much for most games. CDPR have good track record in my eyes and I looked up enough to ensure that I would most likely enjoy the game. After that I ignore looking up features, highlights and what not...because everything is always shown in it's best light which doesn't reflect all other situations it's used in game. I rather the happily surprised rather than "this is it?".

But yeah, people definitely hype things up and then complain things doesn't live up to it, which I can never understand why you do that to yourself.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    so is there any point to get it on GOG over steam?
    Well, if you want to do an extra step in supporting CDPR, go for GoG. They are generally more consumer friendly, offering 30 days refunds before it was cool etc.

Until i heard the Main Story in the game would be shortened because too many in their focus group. They saw didn't finish the main story of WC3, the base game. (I already know years ago CDPR said the game would already be shorter than WC3) but actually then saying the reason for it years later was because ''focus group'' X of people, too many sadly. Lowests common nominator. I am now just gonna wait and see after release, will be relying on reviews.

You guys/gals/apache helicopters think the game will run well on Lenovo Legion y520? Don't really have anything else, or the means to buy something better at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Until i heard the Main Story in the game would be shortened because too many in their focus group. They saw didn't finish the main story of WC3, the base game. (I already know years ago CDPR said the game would already be shorter than WC3) but actually then saying the reason for it years later was because ''focus group'' X of people, too many sadly. Lowests common nominator. I am now just gonna wait and see after release, will be relying on reviews.
    They said it will be a 'little' shorter than Witcher 3. I see a lot of people going mad over this like the game will be 4 hours or something. The game is still going to be super long. And depending how much free time fun is allowed in this game it could be longer.

They are just measuring it from a straight quest to quest mission to mission basis. My Witcher 3 playthrough was mostly spent wandering around all the little hidden areas and sight seeing, if Cyberpunk has that too then there's no need to worry about length. :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-09-22 at 07:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I expect a well-made RPG in a beautifully crafted world with okay combat and a good variety of choices and consequence.
    And thats enough to stand out as the best goty since god of war and for the years to come.

They said it will be a 'little' shorter than Witcher 3. I see a lot of people going mad over this like the game will be 4 hours or something. The game is still going to be super long. And depending how much free time fun is allowed in this game it could be longer.

They are just measuring it from a straight quest to quest mission to mission basis. My Witcher 3 playthrough was mostly spent wandering around all the little hidden areas and sight seeing, if Cyberpunk has that too then there's no need to worry about length. :P
    Agreed on this, sometimes less is more. I am sure that the game will not be short at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    You guys/gals/apache helicopters think the game will run well on Lenovo Legion y520? Don't really have anything else, or the means to buy something better at the time.
    It should be more than ok on medium settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    It should be more than ok on medium settings.
    Really hope so, I prefer to run the RPGs on the PC for some reason, prolly the reason being it's a FPS. Might also add another 8gb RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    They said slightly shorter, the witcher 3 already takes upwards of 50 hours for the main storyline, if Cyberpunk takes a few hours less, I don't really see how that is a cause for concern.