Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Really curious how they will handle the narrative, knowing how good they are at this

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I already have enough games to hold off buying this for a little while. I'll wait for them to polish and get rid of bugs before I bother playing it.
    Considering there is more in plan later even though minor I would rather have a more complete experience. As much as I want to I just don't get that much replay out of the vast majority of single player games. I often find myself stopping at multiple points and taking over a year to finish a second playthrough.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2020-10-14 at 08:06 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Grr I’m still torn between getting it for the ps5 or my computer.
    My ps5 is payed for but It probably be years before they allow any player mods to the system.
    I need a new video card and psu if I want it for computer.
    Even if you have a very old PC and you need to play at as low settings (or lower) as the ps5 you will still have a far superior experience on PC.

meh, only big as fuck cars :| i hoped to see some normal car, something like a fiat panda for example D:

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Even if you have a very old PC and you need to play at as low settings (or lower) as the ps5 you will still have a far superior experience on PC.
    Ya that’s what I’m thinking, on asidenote I don’t need anew psu since I already have 750 instead of the 500 I thought I had

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Only game im looking forward too. Just a month guys!
    I was looking forward to Shadowlands.. even though they were pushing shock factor.

I really enjoyed the concept of discovering another dimension. Even the visual/display of shattering into another reality was awesome. Sylvanas is overplayed. It's been three expansions and it's been getting tiring. (It's just like if we got three Illidan expansions back to back. I would be tired of him too.) My gripe about it was how they went about entering the other dimension. They could've had this happen any other way. Instead they purposefully went for shock factor and in some cases offend people.

Now I have been poking at them about being safe with the other dimension stuff, but ultimately those are harmless small complaints. (I guess it's hard to tell with text when it's serious..I thought it was obvious when joking around..) I would still be interested in seeing what they have to offer us. It just feels like everything is a mess unfortunately and it sucks seeing it like this.

Anyways yes I am looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 too. I don't get that feeling that the company actually wants it to flop.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2020-10-15 at 06:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    meh, only big as fuck cars :| i hoped to see some normal car, something like a fiat panda for example D:
    Wut? They got that covered:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Cars for all tastes, looking pretty... probably for most tastes too. Lady looking like made from metal is creepy as fuck, I wonder how far we can push the V to become like robot.

Finally got my Pre-order for this game last friday.

November 19 can't get here soon enough!!!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    That Rayfield Caliburn is sleek AF, and fast too from what I gather. I'm definitely going to be looking for a Rayfield vehicle when I play.

I'm kinda getting the feeling Cyberpunk 2077's gameplay is gonna be a bit shallow and the overall game will be... brief. Too much of what I have seen doesn't focus on the gameplay, and what I have seen of gameplay no robust or complex gameplay systems have been previewed.

I have doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I'm kinda getting the feeling Cyberpunk 2077's gameplay is gonna be a bit shallow and the overall game will be... brief. Too much of what I have seen doesn't focus on the gameplay, and what I have seen of gameplay no robust or complex gameplay systems have been previewed.

I have doubts.
    While its not out yet: from the gameplay ive seen it actually looks good? Not that terrible auto-aim shooting GTA has but actual FPS mechanics.
    Theres weakness analysis (kinda like what Horizon zero dawn did), not sure about the melee combat. But meh. Why do you think itll be bad?

15+ Year Old Account

I have doubts.
    What kind of complex systems are you looking for exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Why do you think itll be bad?
    The gameplay looks shallow and simplistic. I am getting a real, "Width of an ocean, depth of a puddle" vibe from the promotional material and previews lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    What kind of complex systems are you looking for exactly?
    It's for developers and designers to present complex and novel gameplay mechanics. Audiences ought to not be looking for anything but.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's for developers and designers to present complex and novel gameplay mechanics. Audiences ought to not be looking for anything but.
    Okay, but you should still know what you want/expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Okay, but you should still know what you want/expect.
    Yea, complex and novel gameplay mechanics. It stated right in the post you quoted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, complex and novel gameplay mechanics. It stated right in the post you quoted.
    I think we're looking for examples from other games that illustrate what you're alluding to.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I think we're looking for examples from other games that illustrate what you're alluding to.
    Well, that's not really relevant. I mean, how are you going to ameliorate my doubts if I name a few other games that are/were relatively well-designed complex gameplay implementations?

If I say, Deathtrap Dungeon, Populous, or, Ultima Underworld, or Okami- that informs you of what basis of novel metaphor and complex gameplay present in Cyberpunk to the contra of... what? Genre and expectation are not relevant to the audience; in this case me, desire for robust gameplay mechanics. That is what one ought to want in every game, genre, and platform.

I don't see it in the previews of Cyberpunk 2077 so far. I see something that I suspect is closer to The Outer Worlds than the boldness of gameplay in The Witcher 1 or 2. I do not view games as a value proposition; I'm playing this regardless of the outcome and your own enjoyment is of no importance to my own (potentially). Though speaking honestly, I do not see enough gameplay creativity here.

Well, that's not really relevant. I mean, how are you going to ameliorate my doubts if I name a few other games that are/were relatively well-designed complex gameplay implementations?

If I say, Deathtrap Dungeon, Populous, or, Ultima Underworld, or Okami- that informs you of what basis of novel metaphor and complex gameplay present in Cyberpunk to the contra of... what? Genre and expectation are not relevant to the audience; in this case me, desire for robust gameplay mechanics. That is what one ought to want in every game, genre, and platform.

I don't see it in the previews of Cyberpunk 2077 so far. I see something that I suspect is closer to The Outer Worlds than the boldness of gameplay in The Witcher 1 or 2. I do not view games as a value proposition; I'm playing this regardless of the outcome and your own enjoyment is of no importance to my own (potentially). Though speaking honestly, I do not see enough gameplay creativity here.
    I am not sure how you see that, but obviously that's subjective opinion for both of us. All I see is the "DNA" so to speak of Witcher 3, but in a cuberpunk/FPS setting. The only thing I don't recall much about is crafting in this game. But overall, from what I am seeing, if you liked the depth of Witcher 3 then this is more than enough to cover you.