Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't care less about the delay, the world will keep on turning and there's plenty to play in the meantime (with more releasing over the next month).
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Hopefully Shadowlands doesn't release on the 8th or 15th of December then.

I wonder if it's old-gen consoles or Stadia holding release back. Perhaps launching on some many platforms at once wasn't the best of ideas in the first place.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Cyberpunk on PC or PS5 though

Decisions decisions....
    PC!

For the mods - or even the 'possibility' of future mods.

Plus, if they actually do move ahead with the online portion of the game in a couple of years you'll have it on PC online and not have to pay the monthly playstation online cost. I realize you may pay that anyway, but just mentioning it - as I'm someone who does not (keep an online PS account active).
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this rate its gonna be delayed until 2077.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Hopefully Shadowlands doesn't release on the 8th or 15th of December then.

I wonder if it's old-gen consoles or Stadia holding release back. Perhaps launching on some many platforms at once wasn't the best of ideas in the first place.
    it cant release any later than those dates unless they push it to 2021. i dont think that is going to happen.

Well, now it's gonna release close to Shadowlands, fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    The delay joke has really run it's course now, when they announced the first delay it was at the start of the year months from release to have more "precious months" to work on the game, then halfway through the year three months before the new release they announce they need more time and delay till November, then the month before they said they're not delaying anymore, they've gone gold, they're all ready for release and now weeks before they've delayed for nearly another month.

They should just stop announcing release dates at this point and release the game when it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images...6add687d02.jpg

This basically confirms it. I bet it's Stadia, they got a ton of money to release the game on that dogshit, and now they cant release any version before it.
    I thought the Stadia version of games are just the standard PC version being streamed? Though if it did turn out the game was having some sort of fuckery with the Streaming Service being unable to handle it and that is why it's delayed then people would be furious if that was ever found out.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

15+ Year Old Account
    Console fucking over PC, A G A I N
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Looking forward to playing this in 2077.

Does stadia still exist? How long till we see it in the "killed by google" page?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Rumors are getting out that the delay happening because one of the dogshit archaic console system shits the bed from something in the game. If thats true, nice one CDPR, fucking up the release for everyone else.
    Could well be true (not saying it is or isn't, I have no clue), but even if so they probably don't have much choice in the matter - there will no doubt be contractual obligations in place that might well force them to delay rather than privilege one console over the other through different release dates. High-profile titles contribute to console sales and console loyalty, and the last thing console makers want is people jumping ship to another system because then they'll stay there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    So people who won't share your opinion, don't value their time/money/enjoyment? For me WoW expac is something that lose value over time, launch night is easily best experience. CP is open world single player cRPG, playing it few days later will be same except you will have less bugs.
    Never said that. I simply think single player games are better than any MMO. I assume people value the enjoyment of a unique experience to something they've been playing for however many years.

10+ Year Old Account
    how do u guys prepare for the release of CP 2077? like what movies do u watch? what YT content do u recommend character-creationwise and storywise etc etc
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    how do u guys prepare for the release of CP 2077? like what movies do u watch? what YT content do u recommend character-creationwise and storywise etc etc
    Groundhog Day.

I'm so glad I decided to never play this game years ago. I can't imagine going through that many delays as someone waiting for the game.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Never thought about that. Maybe I'll rewatch Blade Runner (1&2049) and finally watch that Altered Carbon tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm so glad I decided to never play this game years ago. I can't imagine going through that many delays as someone waiting for the game.
    Many of us are not teenagers anymore, waiting for anything isn't a problem, it'll come when it come.

Not to mention there is always 1000x more stuff to explore than time to do it. Only think that suck is that dates this year are not reliable at all, hard to schedule free time for stuff you care.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-10-27 at 09:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I have the World of Cyberpunk 2077 book prepared, not opened it yet, will read it probably close to release or after it. I'm hoping a certain Finnish game magazine will feature a large Cyberpunk theme issue (believe paper game magazines still exist!). Otherwise I'm probably going to watch Blade Runner or the Matrix close to the games release. It's difficult to imagine any other major Cyberpunk themed movies/series IMO, at least I've not heard about any others.

Considering getting a Cyberpunk 2020 (the RPG) rulebook/lorebook but I'm not sure how applicable it will be to the game, I mean, if it's in a RPG book format it might be difficult to get into...
    Could always watch Akira, it pretty much created the whole genre. Ghost in the Shell is another good one.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I have the World of Cyberpunk 2077 book prepared, not opened it yet, will read it probably close to release or after it. I'm hoping a certain Finnish game magazine will feature a large Cyberpunk theme issue (believe paper game magazines still exist!). Otherwise I'm probably going to watch Blade Runner or the Matrix close to the games release. It's difficult to imagine any other major Cyberpunk themed movies/series IMO, at least I've not heard about any others.

Considering getting a Cyberpunk 2020 (the RPG) rulebook/lorebook but I'm not sure how applicable it will be to the game, I mean, if it's in a RPG book format it might be difficult to get into...
    you can easily pick akira and any ghost in the shell movie or series, or even any random bande dessinee from the metal hurlant like the works of enki bilal.
    damn, even the italian "nirvana" is an awesome cyperbpunk movie (that like gits inspired matrix)
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2020-10-27 at 11:52 PM.

This time there is a lot of understandable rage.
    They fucked up good, real good. Rumours are rumours, but losses to marketing must be incredible - all those huge ass posters everywhere, NFL adverts, etc, all with the old date.
    I smell literal millions down the drain. Something went really wrong and they definitely have internal communication issues, especially with all the posts of "It's gone gold" and "No more delays", last of which was fricking 1 day ago on 26th.

(the guy got his days back at least)

However, I fail to see what they can achieve in just 3 more weeks? If what on the internet was said is true (heh), then even the dev team were not aware of this. Think about it.

But as to why - well, new consoles after all, it seems, contary to what was said before... Guesswork is that they have contracts with MS/Sony, or Google for Stadia which they can't afford to break.

I will be happy if the release will actually happen and the game is just that good. Personally I don't really care about just 21 more days.
    P.S.
    There are reasonable assumptions that one more delay will happen and move the date to February-April 2021. 10th December is not the best time to release a top game. Now that would light a stinky fire.
    Last edited by Easo; 2020-10-28 at 12:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

holy shit did they again delay? wasn't it supposed to be released in November?