Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    A coworker of mine was one of those who requested the time off around this game a while ago, pretty pissed about this announcement. As someone NOT taking time off, I really don't care. I will care when the game releases after all these delays, whether or not it feels as polished as it should be. The longer you push it back, the higher my expectations go.

If it releases as a buggy mess, it's going to tarnish CDPR's reputation so badly. I'm just hoping it's PLAYABLE. At this point, as long as the game launches and I don't have to deal with crashes and game-breaking bugs, I will be just fine with the delays. I have enough games in my backlog to keep me busy.

Apparently Ghostrunner just released or came out of EA or something, so if you're craving cyberpunk, check that out. Reviews are checking out so far, so that's good. And it's cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    What is this now, 4th or 5th time?! and it's basically the same reasoning as last time. They should just have freaking made it Next-Gen only. Then it would have released in a few weeks time, as originally planned. And not get delayed again!
    3rd time.

Rumour is it is Stadia causing the problems. Google threw a huge pile of money at CDPR to include it on their system and it has to be released on there at the same time as all other platforms but CDPR underestimated the difficulty of getting it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    3rd time.

Rumour is it is Stadia causing the problems. Google threw a huge pile of money at CDPR to include it on their system and it has to be released on there at the same time as all other platforms but CDPR underestimated the difficulty of getting it to work.
    That's disappointing if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm so glad I decided to never play this game years ago. I can't imagine going through that many delays as someone waiting for the game.
    yeah yeah sure, you will buy it like everyone else who trash on the game the day it will come ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    yeah yeah sure, you will buy it like everyone else who trash on the game the day it will come ^_^
    I have way too many games backed up to even consider it so I guess we'll see in a few years.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

As someone who took them at their word (no more delays, promise) and made sure they had time off (a 3 day weekend) to play it, I'm annoyed.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    I mean Cyberpunk 2077 will come out without DRM. I will pirate it the following weekend on PC, and if it's any good - will buy for PS5 or xBoxOneXSeriesXxX. But I doubt it's any good. I bet shooting will feel bad, it will not be even one third as good as in Halo or Doom or CoD. But hey, it's an "RPG" game, the most used gameplay element - shooting - doesn't matter.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Could always watch Akira, it pretty much created the whole genre. Ghost in the Shell is another good one.
    uh no? Herd of neuromancer?

Stopped caring about Cyberpunk a couple years ago. I'll probably get it from a bargain bin three years from now like I did with Witcher 3.

Cyberpunk No doubt.... I was hooked on the Wow some time ago but now I'm looking for something different. I think that cyberpunk will provide many more hours of fun, but above all it is something new

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    3rd time.

Then i say screw google!! if they had not made a deal with them. It would have released in a few weeks as it was supposed to do!!
    Last edited by Izzyfurious; 2020-10-29 at 03:58 PM.

i want to play it on new PS controller, is it PC compatible does anyone know?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    However, I fail to see what they can achieve in just 3 more weeks? If what on the internet was said is true (heh), then even the dev team were not aware of this. Think about it.
    judging by my own experience, the last few weeks before release account for like 15-20% of the codebase + lots of little cool details are introduced during this phase
    people tend to be very creative under "we are releasing next month" kind of stress
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Well, plenty of time to spend listening to "toss a coin to your witcher"
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Neuromancer was indeed a big part of the creation of Cyberpunk as genre as well, but it was printed two years after Akira.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    even because otomo was heavely inspired by bilal&dionnet's Exterminator 17

damn if cdpr doesnt cite heavily the metal hurlant stories i will be forever sad è.é
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2020-10-28 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm so glad I decided to never play this game years ago. I can't imagine going through that many delays as someone waiting for the game.
    How on earth do you decide you will *never* play a game when it actually isn’t out yet lol. Also how does a delay somehow confirm your decision is the correct one? This just screams teenage angst to me lol.

It’s better a game gets delayed then released like a ton of games have been recently completely broken and never fixed. This could be one of the best games ever created yet people are somehow ‘glad’ they aren’t going to play it because it got pushed back a couple months lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    How on earth do you decide you will *never* play a game when it actually isn’t out yet lol. Also how does a delay somehow confirm your decision is the correct one? This just screams teenage angst to me lol.

It’s better a game gets delayed then released like a ton of games have been recently completely broken and never fixed. This could be one of the best games ever created yet people are somehow ‘glad’ they aren’t going to play it because it got pushed back a couple months lol.
    You know, you could say that for Duke Nukem game. Arent you glad it was delayed, till it was ready?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    i want to play it on new PS controller, is it PC compatible does anyone know?

- - - Updated - - -

judging by my own experience, the last few weeks before release account for like 15-20% of the codebase + lots of little cool details are introduced during this phase
    people tend to be very creative under "we are releasing next month" kind of stress
    Its called crunch time. And it is not good, it is not posivite and should be view as abhorent practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post

It's just me being selfish I know, but not really about the delay. Don't try to read too into it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

http://biznes.pap.pl/en/news/all/inf...unk-2077-delay

''This situation is different compared to previous changes to the deadline. The game for PC is ready and plays well on next-gen consoles and the company is finalizing the process concerning current-gen consoles.''

Thanks for making people sick of consoles.

God man...

- - - Updated - - -

''We are firm." - CEO Kicinski. "Realizing on November 19 is possible and was possible" but "having these three more weeks gives us a chance to fix this and that." "The decision was not easy but we know there is just one release and the first impression is crucial" so in the long-run the decision is beneficial. "Better initial reaction to the game always works in favor of more sales. That is why we are delaying, we don't have to but having this extra time gives us more certainty that everything will be in the game when we release''

-.-