Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I have been preparing to this game. I hope it turns out as good as all the hype has been.
    It will never be as good as the hype. Thats the problem with the hype. I think the game itself will be good but expectations are so high that no one is able to meet them.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Gonna start with a nomad, since I feel that's how most of us are. We haven't played the tabletop game, we are outsiders to Night City. My character will have the same experience as I, when they first see it, so will I.

As for build, even split between Body and Tech. I'm gonna be all about them body mods and close-range combat.
    Same for me, Nomad for the exact same reasons. I haven't made up my mind yet on the actual built, but it will probably be a range one because the guns seem to be great fun

I'll be starting as a Nomad focusing on a tech/ref build. All about the guns and cars and building my own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No game would ever live up to the amount of hype this game has gotten
    The devs seem pretty confident it will, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

If its 50% as good as Witcher 3, its gonna be great

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm genuinely surprised by all the nomad love, I figured we cyber-hillbillies were a minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised by all the nomad love, I figured we cyber-hillbillies were a minority.
    A lot of it, I think, is due to the fact that the nomad will be new to the big city and seeing it for the first time, much as the players are.

My first character will go the corporate route. I want to take over as much of the city as possible. Not necessarily in an evil capacity, more so bringing about order through cracking down on disorder. Which will hopefully be possible.

First character will be Corporate. I'm planning on making a badass female Tyrion Lannister.

Second will be Nomad.

Probably not gonna play a street thug at all.

if the drugs are well made i will try a street kid completely wasted all the time, otherwise a sort of full stealth cyber hacker
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2020-11-11 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    The devs seem pretty confident it will, though.
    Name me a dev that's like "hold your horses, our game ain't the best game ever, but just mediocre" (no clue how it'll be, just an example). Ofcourse they say it's gonna be great, they wanna sell copies.
    Even steaming hot piles of shit like Anthem or F76 go full "we're confident it's the best experience ever" and i doubt the devs actually think it cases like that

15+ Year Old Account
    I have been preparing to this game. I hope it turns out as good as all the hype has been.

Looks sweet man!
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Name me a dev that's like "hold your horses, our game ain't the best game ever, but just mediocre" (no clue how it'll be, just an example). Ofcourse they say it's gonna be great, they wanna sell copies.
    Even steaming hot piles of shit like Anthem or F76 go full "we're confident it's the best experience ever" and i doubt the devs actually think it cases like that
    No dev would ever say that openly, but most of the time they are trying to be diplomatic about it. So they'll say "we're working hard to ensure the players have the best experience possible" (which should indeed be read as "hold your horses with the hype") instead of "we postponed the launch by 3 weeks so we can be sure it gets 90+ on metacritic", as CDP did. You don't see this kind of confidence often, was my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by airlick View Post
    no dev would ever say that openly, but most of the time they are trying to be diplomatic about it. So they'll say "we're working hard to ensure the players have the best experience possible" (which should indeed be read as "hold your horses with the hype") instead of "we postponed the launch by 3 weeks so we can be sure it gets 90+ on metacritic", as cdp did. You don't see this kind of confidence often, was my point.
    "Sixteen times the detail"
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Sexy, should post that on reddit.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    "Sixteen times the detail"
    IT JUST WORKS!
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matiketope View Post
    Almost ready.
    I am ready, but still soooo far away
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No game would ever live up to the amount of hype this game has gotten
    I agree. At this point even Half Life 3 would be sidelined.
    I think the delays only fueled the hype more. Every delay announcement becomes major global news and more people find out about it and join.
    They will have record sales to the level of GTA V.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    how do guys plan on building your character?

which career path r u gonna take and why?
    how r u gonna distribute your skills (body, cool etc)?
    Gonna start corp and see how evil the game will let me be. As for builds I'll probably let it come naturally as I play, see what feels good. Love to rp as a cyber enahnced ninja assassin, but I doubt the game will be quite that flexible, so I'll play it by ear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.