Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    there are spoilers/info about how much hard you can replace your body? is the mecha guy seens in the trailers somehow cosplayable?
    I doubt it. That guy has it's own story why he is a battle mech that still contains some meat and organs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to have a yes/no answer for the age old RPG question: Can we play after the main story?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    there are spoilers/info about how much hard you can replace your body? is the mecha guy seens in the trailers somehow cosplayable?
    Possibly, but from what we have seen in the trailers I very much doubt it. I would bet we can get Johnny Silverhand style metal arms, maybe even chrome or gold skin like we see other people with, but for the most part I expect V to keep the same silhouette. Otherwise there would be a ton of clipping issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I just want to have a yes/no answer for the age old RPG question: Can we play after the main story?
    Yes it has been confirmed we can. Unsure how that will work out yet whether it puts us before the end quest or after though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yes it has been confirmed we can. Unsure how that will work out yet whether it puts us before the end quest or after though.
    I feel like from what we have seen, this is the sort of game that wants to have a dramatic ending that changes everyone involved and even the world around them. I'm thinking Far Cry 5 levels of climax. I hope that isn't the case, because while I think Far Cry 5 had one of the best endings ever, I kind of want to power through the main story first in Cyberpunk.

- - - Updated - - -

And, maybe this is coming from the fact that I just rewatched Ghost in the Shell, but I would bet actual money that there is an ending involving either fusing your consciousness with Silverhand or letting him take over your body permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    People also tend to forget how inflated review scores are. A 9 from IGN is more like a 7/10 game - not bad, but not something that people were expecting given this is literally the biggest and most hyped game ever.

For a game riddled with bugs, getting 9s and 10s across the board should be a serious red flag.
    The reviewers are supposedly playing a version without the day one patch, so giving it some leeway is perfectly justified. Especially in case of a studio that doesn't abandon its games right after release and takes time hammering out the bugs, they should be judging the game by its core contents, not tanking the scores because of a couple of bugs that may not even be there on release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Which would be good, because I swear that Skyrim got more bugs with patches.
    Disagree emphatically. When I played Skyrim for the first time (launch night) it was an absolute clusterfuck of crashes, glitches, broken quests and NPCs walking into/through buildings and rocks. I couldn't play more than... 10-12 minutes without something game-breaking happening. I sat at my desk like... why on earth did they release this? The answer was obvious, mind you: they were hellbent on their stupid 11/11/11 release date.

After it was patched, and the expansions/DLC came out, I could play for hours without any kind of serious issue. There were still the trademark Bethesda 'quirks' but the game was infinitely more stable.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I'm not sure where anybody got the idea that this was a shooter. it was never advertised as one. It is an RPG with shooter elements. One of those who got their hands on it early said he went six HOURS without getting into a fight at one stage. He also said that if he had wanted he could have gone and found one, so it wasn't due to a lack of options.

And Mass Effect, at least Mass Effect 1 wasn't a shooter either. It was an RPG with shooter elements. 2 & 3 catered more to the shooter crowd.

The reviewers were given two month old code and told that there were bugs, as was to be expected. For them to turn around and say that there are bugs is a bit odd, to say the least. They did get Day Zero patch, but that was only recent. But then again most game journos nowdays aren't really gamers any more - I'll wait until actually gamers get their hands on it and wait to see what they say. A lot of those glitches and bugs will hopefully be fixed with the Day One Patch.

A lot of them also seem to have rushed the main plotline and ignored much else of what is going on, missing a lot of the side quests that actually tie into the main quest, not to mention all the other stuff that can be done. Kind of a rookie mistake that one.

And there seems to be a complaint by some that it isn't 'woke' enough, as it doesn't have enough pronouns, and other such matters. Mike Pondsmith was heavily involved in this, as it was his IP, and if anyone knows anything about him, it isn't that he isn't woke enough. The IP is very, very political in nature.

You also have to factor in that it is a Polish company, based in Poland, run by Poles. Poland is a very conservative Catholic nation, with a language that is extremely gendered, which means there is a lot of inertia to overcome. Is it perfect? No, but given what is available in game they have done an amazing job of it. Writing about foreign cultures and trying to understand it can be hard - you just have to look at the debacle Disney made with the Mulan live action remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The reviewers were given two month old code and told that there were bugs, as was to be expected.
    The reviewers also got a 50 GB patch in the middle of playing it and said it did very little to clean up the bugs, so no it wasn't just the "2 month old build" excuse.

Here is one direct quote:

“It also bears a mention: Cyberpunk 2077 is phenomenally buggy. I played a pre-release build that was updated during the review period, and there's a day-one patch planned as well, but the scale of technical issues is too large to reasonably expect immediate fixes. I encountered some kind of bug on every mission I went on, from more common, funnier ones like characters randomly T-posing to several complete crashes. I didn't notice much of an improvement after the update, either. In a very late-game, very important fight, the game froze on me--twice. I ended up taking a break out of frustration before attempting, and finally succeeding, the third time”.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-12-08 at 01:15 AM.

I feel like from what we have seen, this is the sort of game that wants to have a dramatic ending that changes everyone involved and even the world around them. I'm thinking Far Cry 5 levels of climax. I hope that isn't the case, because while I think Far Cry 5 had one of the best endings ever, I kind of want to power through the main story first in Cyberpunk.

- - - Updated - - -

And, maybe this is coming from the fact that I just rewatched Ghost in the Shell, but I would bet actual money that there is an ending involving either fusing your consciousness with Silverhand or letting him take over your body permanently.
    It'll be interesting to see how it's handled. I like what they Ubisoft did with Far Cry 5 with the ending, but I also like what they did with AC Valhalla ending. something tells me it'll lean more towards the latter then the former but we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    The reviewers are supposedly playing a version without the day one patch, so giving it some leeway is perfectly justified. Especially in case of a studio that doesn't abandon its games right after release and takes time hammering out the bugs, they should be judging the game by its core contents, not tanking the scores because of a couple of bugs that may not even be there on release.
    Makes sense. I'm assuming they are playing the version intended for release on 11/19, without day 1 patch OR the delay-causing update.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if it is buggy, so was Skyrim. It was buggy to hell and back, it's STILL buggy to hell and back, and I was just playing it on my switch a couple of days ago...9 years after release.

Makes sense. I'm assuming they are playing the version intended for release on 11/19, without day 1 patch OR the delay-causing update.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if it is buggy, so was Skyrim. It was buggy to hell and back, it's STILL buggy to hell and back, and I was just playing it on my switch a couple of days ago...9 years after release.
    There's buggy and buggy. If most of these are visual glitches or small annoyances I'll survive. But progression blocking bugs or major immersion breakers like missing animations or whatever? Here's really, really hoping those are squashed pronto.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    People also tend to forget how inflated review scores are. A 9 from IGN is more like a 7/10 game - not bad, but not something that people were expecting given this is literally the biggest and most hyped game ever.

For a game riddled with bugs, getting 9s and 10s across the board should be a serious red flag.
    For you. A review is supposed to inform you of the position of the reviewer. Not be a recommendation engine or an object grade. Bias and personal opinion are desired in a review- this is supposedly why you read them in the first place; for the writer's particular insight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    There's buggy and buggy. If most of these are visual glitches or small annoyances I'll survive. But progression blocking bugs or major immersion breakers like missing animations or whatever? Here's really, really hoping those are squashed pronto.
    I mean, the PS3 version of Skyrim was literally unplayable due to a bug that increased loading times the longer a save file was played. Didn't mean that I didn't find the game incredible, and it inspired me to get my first gaming PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    For you. A review is supposed to inform you of the position of the reviewer. Not be a recommendation engine or an object grade. Bias and personal opinion are desired in a review- this is supposedly why you read them in the first place; for the writer's particular insight.
    Hell no. I read reviews to find out stuff about the game before I go drop $60 and waste tons of time/rewrites on my SSD. I read/listen/watch reviews to see if the game is utter shallow crap, if the systems are good, etc. I want reviews to be as objective as possible. Most of IGN's reviewers can fuck off. They generally suck at games, cry about things I just don't give a fuck about, etc.

I want reviews to inform my knowledge of the game so I can be more educated than just a trailer or the website.

You also have to factor in that it is a Polish company, based in Poland, run by Poles. Poland is a very conservative Catholic nation
    I wish people would just stop saying that, this is an '80s stereotype at best, the grand majority of young Poles (coincidentally the ones who probably make up 90% of CP's devs) are absolutely not "conservative Catholics". Nor do they have any issue understanding "foreign" Western culture, if that's what you meant in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I wish people would just stop saying that, this is an '80s stereotype at best, the grand majority of young Poles (coincidentally the ones who probably make up 90% of CP's devs) are absolutely not "conservative Catholics". Nor do they have any issue understanding "foreign" Western culture, if that's what you meant in your post.
    Trying to overcome that much cultural inertia is not easy, especially when the ruling party is in favour of the old ways. You just have to look at the mess the US is in to see that.

I'm not sure why anyone would trust a game review site these days. They're mostly filled with SJWism and complaining about things that 99% of gamers do not care about. They do this mostly to get clicks. Just try it on Steam and refund it if you don't like it.

- - - Updated - - -

pls dont insult cdred by lumping them with the pure garbage that is bethesda

Trying to overcome that much cultural inertia is not easy, especially when the ruling party is in favour of the old ways. You just have to look at the mess the US is in to see that.
    Uh... I fail to see what exactly the ruling party (which happens to be utterly hated by most young people, along with the church) has to do with the game or the studio itself. I'm getting a feeling you're referring to CDP not giving in to SJW madness, which I really hope they didn't with CP. But then this isn't any cultural inertia that needs overcoming, it's just sanity. Feel free to correct me if this isn't what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, the PS3 version of Skyrim was literally unplayable due to a bug that increased loading times the longer a save file was played. Didn't mean that I didn't find the game incredible, and it inspired me to get my first gaming PC.
    Amen. The PS3 version of Skyrim was inexcusably broken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The reviewers also got a 50 GB patch in the middle of playing it and said it did very little to clean up the bugs, so no it wasn't just the "2 month old build" excuse.

Here is one direct quote:
    This is correct, they have the build we're getting on release and the patch we're getting on release. Sounds like the game is still a mess despite the update and that's troubling.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.