Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Amen. The PS3 version of Skyrim was inexcusably broken.
    Yeah I heard that stuff and well maybe all the extremely buggy BGS games might of been ok but I think its time we stop excusing them, that said if reviewers are getting a non Day 1 patch version of CP2077 well that skews how the game actually is.

Edit: I'm being cautious since all this talk is going on.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone would trust a game review site these days. They're mostly filled with SJWism and complaining about things that 99% of gamers do not care about. They do this mostly to get clicks. Just try it on Steam and refund it if you don't like it.
    Better yet do GoG which has an even better refund policy if you're planning on playing it on PC in 2 days. If you are playing on any console, based on the IGN review I would just wait 6 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.pcgamer.com/how-buggy-is...k-2077-really/

Good article that kind of aggregates all the issues noted reviewers are having with the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Better yet do GoG which has an even better refund policy if you're planning on playing it on PC in 2 days. If you are playing on any console, based on the IGN review I would just wait 6 months.
    All reviews are based on the PC version, so we have no idea how much better or worse the console experience will be. Usually consoles are home to the more stable version of a game (universal hardware) but in this case I'm not so sure - I read that Xb1/PS4 issues were largely the cause of the most recent delay.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-12-08 at 04:24 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-buggy-is...k-2077-really/

Good article that kind of aggregates all the issues noted reviewers are having with the game.

- - - Updated - - -

All reviews are based on the PC version, so we have no idea how much better or worse the console experience will be. Usually consoles are the more stable version (since they're being made for universal hardware) but in this case I'm not so sure as I read that XsX/PS4 issues were largely the cause of the most recent delay.
    yeah IGN specifically said they were extremely worried about console versions, since he was running a 3080 and he said performance was just "okay" and it's not even optimized for the next gen stuff yet.

If someone bought it already, hope for the best, but for pre-order, on console I wouldn't, just wait and see.

Really weird considering how earlier previews told us how amazingly well the game runs when you drive around the city with maxxed out graphics.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is correct, they have the build we're getting on release and the patch we're getting on release. Sounds like the game is still a mess despite the update and that's troubling.
    Is it confirmed they got the second, or "real", day 1 patch? A person that got an early copy due to retailer error had a dev response that said there are two day 1 patches https://twitter.com/fabiandoehla/sta...62994748002308
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Uh... I fail to see what exactly the ruling party (which happens to be utterly hated by most young people, along with the church) has to do with the game or the studio itself. I'm getting a feeling you're referring to CDP not giving in to SJW madness, which I really hope they didn't with CP. But then this isn't any cultural inertia that needs overcoming, it's just sanity. Feel free to correct me if this isn't what you're talking about.
    I haven't been paying attention to what the SJWs are saying about the game, except that some of them are saying that CDPR is transphobic. Which kind of shows that they haven't been paying attention to what is actually in game.

What I am saying is that as someone who was brought up very conservative myself, I know how hard it can be at times to overcome a lot of that conditioning that is ingrained in you as a child and embrace progressive values. And I wasn't brought up in a culture that was as conservative as Poland used to be. If I'm wrong about the way things are now then thanks for correcting me

I'll be waiting until the game is actually out before passing judgement. The Witcher 3 supposedly had a bunch of bugs at launch but I didn't experience any myself. I've already preordered the game and I have a feeling I'll enjoy it even if there is some issues early on. Presumably the day one patch will help smooth things out considerably and subsequent patches will likely be a thing as they are for any major game.

This is correct, they have the build we're getting on release and the patch we're getting on release. Sounds like the game is still a mess despite the update and that's troubling.
    The reviewers got a day zero patch sometimes after they got the game. That forms the basis of the day 1 patch but CDPR have said that more bug fixes will be added to it for the day 1 patch.

Also something to consider is that the review copies have DRM in them to prevent piracy, which is affecting the performance, but that won't be present for release.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'll be waiting until the game is actually out before passing judgement. The Witcher 3 supposedly had a bunch of bugs at launch but I didn't experience any myself. I've already preordered the game and I have a feeling I'll enjoy it even if there is some issues early on. Presumably the day one patch will help smooth things out considerably and subsequent patches will likely be a thing as they are for any major game.
    From everything I read, it's like a 9.5 game that just has a bunch of launch bug's that will be hampered out in relatively short order I assume if it's anything like their last games. If bug's won't kill your buzz, you'll def enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    From everything I read, it's like a 9.5 game that just has a bunch of launch bug's that will be hampered out in relatively short order I assume if it's anything like their last games. If bug's won't kill your buzz, you'll def enjoy it.
    Yeah, bugs don't tend to bother me much. I'm generally lucky and usually avoid them - to the point where I'm sometimes disappointed that I don't get to experience some of the craziness/hilarious glitches that others do.

Beyond that, I don't generally care if the game doesn't look perfect - fancy graphics are nice, though a good story, decent voice acting and memorable music is what truly immerses me in a game world. Even now, I have no problem playing older games and feeling immersed even if the graphics aren't exceptional.

I'll be playing the PS4 Pro version for the time being, since it seems it'll be a while until the PS5 goes back in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    What a healthy attitude to have, kudos to you good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I haven't been paying attention to what the SJWs are saying about the game, except that some of them are saying that CDPR is transphobic. Which kind of shows that they haven't been paying attention to what is actually in game.

What I am saying is that as someone who was brought up very conservative myself, I know how hard it can be at times to overcome a lot of that conditioning that is ingrained in you as a child and embrace progressive values. And I wasn't brought up in a culture that was as conservative as Poland used to be. If I'm wrong about the way things are now then thanks for correcting me
    I also had trouble overcoming the progressive values. Then I got older and learnt about importance of own culture and tradition and embracing some conservative values.
    Hope Cyberpunk isn't politicized and won't go the path of Mass Effect Andromeda in the future.

"SJW" issues is nothing more than white noise to me at this point. It may as well be a gentle breeze in the wind as background noise

If you didnt read the article about it because the Journo needed a fill a page half the time you wouldnt even notice the "issues" when playing/watching entertainment.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    "SJW" issues is nothing more than white noise to me at this point. It may as well be a gentle breeze in the wind as background noise

If you didnt read the article about it because the Journo needed a fill a page half the time you wouldnt even notice the "issues" when playing/watching entertainment.
    That is absolutely correct. HOWEVER! Companies in general seem to be incapable of just ignoring Twitter SJWs, and then they bend over to please them, causing the game's quality to drop, and then it's already too late.

Also SJWs have this magical power that even if the game is crashing and burning in sales, somehow it gets all the awards in the world because it has the right woke elements and it goes well with the SJWs (ex. The Last of Us 2), which makes other game developers believe that this is the right way, and then the quality of all video games drops in the shitter. AND THEN YOU WILL CARE.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    That is absolutely correct. HOWEVER! Companies in general seem to be incapable of just ignoring Twitter SJWs, and then they bend over to please them, causing the game's quality to drop, and then it's already too late.

Also SJWs have this magical power that even if the game is crashing and burning in sales, somehow it gets all the awards in the world because it has the right woke elements and it goes well with the SJWs (ex. The Last of Us 2), which makes other game developers believe that this is the right way, and then the quality of all video games drops in the shitter. AND THEN YOU WILL CARE.
    I know what you mean but they have to pass censorship in the first place. So most developers/writers already know the landscape they work in and where they can and cant push certain boundaries. Of course companies can be reactionary sometimes because nothing can endanger the "Brand". But I honestly dont see its that much of an issue outside of few rare examples and most of the top studio's are just focusing on making the product as good as possible and know that their product will sell if its good.

And the last of us 2 was a great game that sold incredibly well so I dont agree with your example either. I had no problems playing a female character that looked like a young arnold schwarzenegger. You are actually allowed variety in roles/characters without it being a "SJW" issue.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account

People whining about 'SJWs' generally translates to 'I'm white and male, and I'm mad because games aren't just for me anymore, wahhhhhhhh'.

- - - Updated - - -

You are actually allowed variety in roles/characters without it being a "SJW" issue.
    Careful, common sense doesn't go over well here.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

People whining about 'SJWs' generally translates to 'I'm white and male, and I'm mad because games aren't just for me anymore, wahhhhhhhh'.

That's funny considering it all started with SJWs crying that every game on the planet doesn't have representation for all the races, genders, sexual preferences, skin colors, hair colors, ages, body weights, political opinions, etc etc etc etc etc, hence the term "snowflakes".

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Careful, common sense doesn't go over well here.
    There's only 2 genders after all, white male, and political.

By this point, the "anti-SJW" KiA type crowd is more obnoxious than the people they're complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    built for dislike? What a pointless thing to say. I could say the same thing about you being a mindless fan boy just waiting to throw their money away but I wouldnt do that.

I've played video games for over 15 years. I can tell A LOT from gameplay footage.

I had my doubts over the FF7 remake world that proved correct. You could tell it looked stale from how little secret knooks and cranny potential there was in the level design so while the combat was great, there was nothing to explore.

When I saw the footage for this game alarm bells went off. I was hoping to be proved wrong but the luke warm response to the game doesnt surprise me at all
    I've played video games for more than 30 years and can tell you're embarrassing yourself.