Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I didn't get much time with it last night but the PC version seems fine if you aren't playing on Ultra settings with RTX. My friend was playing it with an RTX 3090 and got a BSOD and crash to desktop both within an hour. I had no crashes through two hours of play and only a couple of visual glitches like an object getting stuck on the hood of the car.
    i have a 2060s with basically all on ultra (but 1080p), steady 45/50 fps, no problems to be fair
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    doesnt matter because the game has been hyped up for 5+ years and propped up by every mainstream media and journalism, scoring 90+ on metacritic by every journalist gaming review outlet, game will be remebered and praised as one of the best games ever, it was already declared as one of the best games ever before it released
    You... you know (jesus christ)... that doesn't mean anything right?

9/10 people gave it a thumbs up BEFORE release.

Now 1/10 PLAYERS are giving it a thumbs up AFTER release.

Like this clown rhole that's saying the game is perfect with ZERO issues when literally everyone everywhere is saying its trash. (At the moment****, who knows after 3 months of patches when it gets out of early access.)

10+ Year Old Account
    The crashes are mostly related to people's CPU so far and not their GPU. CPU's without AVX crash at fixed points in the game.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I only stumbled upon a couple odd NPC behaviours, but I'm getting solid 144 FPS on 1440p (w/ DLSS high quality) and no breaking bugs or crashes. Given that I do run a 3080 and 10900k, but I've been having a fantastic experience so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m enjoying it, but man... it really could used more time. In the first bar scene alone I saw 3 graphical glitches/errors. The combat isn’t that great either. Story is entertaining so far, but I’m only at meeting Dex.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    "Decent" "acceptable" "aaahhh just SOME *huge* bugs" "just sooooooome graphical issues" "It needs work"

But but but but... its still good i swear!

*corvus inserting CDPR's giant wang directly into their throat*
    what about some ppl's priority is different than yours?
    for example for me Vampire the masquerade Bloodlines is an amazing game and i played it non stop, the game was a buggy mess, the gameplay itself is mediocre, but the story and lore is easily 10/10, best ever vampire representation i saw and if vampires exist for real, they mostly are like how they act in that game
    So some ppl would never accept a game where it can bug mid mission and u have to reload sometimes from way back, for me i wanted to see every single part of that amazing story and i was willing to repeat missions and swallow bugs
    For me story is one if not most important aspect while my friend gameplay for him comes first before any story, that simple
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    i have a 2060s with basically all on ultra (but 1080p), steady 45/50 fps, no problems to be fair
    Same here. Playing on Ultrasettings with Raytracing enabled on everything @ 3440 x 1440p and get steady 45/50 fps.

Im' using a RTX2080, AMD Ryzen 2700X, 16GB RAM
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Moral of the story: never overhype or preorder games. Buy releases and rate them on their merits. Not hype.

Just seen the Digital Foundry video on the PS4. Holy fuck it's bad. 16 fps in places, with janky 720p visuals. Hard pass until I can finally buy a PS5, hopefully by which time a few more patches will have ironed things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Yeah it's a me problem. I don't like it when the media I consume has blatant sexual imagery so I avoid it. I think that blatant sexualization, among other forms of pandering, devalues the underlying artistic work. I'm entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours. Criticizing a game for blatant sexualization is entirely valid.
    Oh I understand exactly what you are saying..

You believe in oppression and subjugation. So if you are fine with cutting off someone else's appendages, just because it offends you. You agreed to that. Your response pretty much insinuates that people should remain wearing gloves at all times. As the point of my post was comparing a breast to a finger.(It's a part of the human body) That's being sexualized. I guess feet would've been a better example..still people should understand where I am coming from with this.

It's not what you want. So I should have acid thrown on my face, forced genital mutilation. Or be raped because I shouldn't wear clothes I find beautiful as there can be repercussions for this.

I think you would be more comfortable on the other side of the planet. Where more barbaric practices are still being performed and women oppression is very much still a real thing.

Instead you can do the more mature thing if you don't like it in your art then just turn away. Not open your mouth about it either. As you are trying to promote oppression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined:

....well now i am kinda glad i didnt spend any money. Free demo saves the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    Oh I understand exactly what you are saying..

You believe in oppression and subjugation. So if you are fine with cutting off someone else's appendages, just because it offends you. You agreed to that. Your response pretty much insinuates that people should remain wearing gloves at all times. As the point of my post was comparing a breast to a finger.(It's a part of the human body) That's being sexualized. I guess feet would've been a better example..still people should understand where I am coming from with this.

It's not what you want. So I should have acid thrown on my face, forced genital mutilation. Or be raped because I shouldn't wear clothes I find beautiful as there can be repercussions for this.

I think you would be more comfortable on the other side of the planet. Where more barbaric practices are still being performed and women oppression is very much still a real thing.

Instead you can do the more mature thing if you don't like it in your art then just turn away. Not open your mouth about it either. As you are trying to promote oppression.
    Holy shit you are blowing things way out pf proportion. I never said anything about taking away anyone's rights. What I said is that I don't like certain types of imagery in the media that I consume. I give feedback because I hope that publishers hear it and make more content suited to my tastes. If people like me stay silent, big publishers will never know that there are people out there who don't want to see sexual imagery and will continue pushing genital customization and sex scenes in games.

Enjoying the game but I'm going to take a break from it until they fix the bugs. Just had a bug where I went to talk to a story line NPC and halfway though it the game froze and made a super loud noise.

Many crash's, many bugs and now its yelling at me. Enjoying it a lot but I'm done fighting with it, ill come back after the first of the year to finish it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit you are blowing things way out pf proportion. I never said anything about taking away anyone's rights. What I said is that I don't like certain types of imagery in the media that I consume. I give feedback because I hope that publishers hear it and make more content suited to my tastes. If people like me stay silent, big publishers will never know that there are people out there who don't want to see sexual imagery and will continue pushing genital customization and sex scenes in games.
    Why can't people just avoid content that offends them. Do you feel the world should revolve around you and content should only be built that you approve of.

Quote Originally Posted by Trizin View Post
    Why can't people just avoid content that offends them. Do you feel the world should revolve around you and content should only be built that you approve of.
    Yep. If people don't voice the opinions that they dislike something, execs will keep pushing the kind of games we don't enjoy.

Yep. If people don't voice the opinions that they dislike something, execs will keep pushing the kind of games we don't enjoy.
    The thing is there is games you don't enjoy that others do. Why should they listen to you and take away something someone else enjoys.

Don't like something in a game or the game itself don't play it. No one is holding a gun to your head and telling you to play games you don't like or that has something in them you don't like.

Also you are fighting a losing battle mate. Look at the history of games and how each year they are pushing the limits more and more. People didn't like Mortal Kombat's gore and now look what we get.

I'm all for creative freedom and not locking games down to some weird idea where X is ok but Y isn't. Unlike you.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Just seen the Digital Foundry video on the PS4. Holy fuck it's bad. 16 fps in places, with janky 720p visuals. Hard pass until I can finally buy a PS5, hopefully by which time a few more patches will have ironed things out.

Yup, this game is a mess right now. It does look better on the PS4 Pro when you enable the HDR support, but the constant crashes and screen jitters are very annoying.

Anyone wanting to buy this game should hold off on it for now. It's heading to the bargain bin unless CDPR can pull off some miracle patches on it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The crashes are mostly related to people's CPU so far and not their GPU. CPU's without AVX crash at fixed points in the game.
    Strange, as both my friend and I are running 10th gen Intel chips and only he has had the game crashing. FWIW, he's running an i9 and a 3090 at 4K and I'm running an i7 and a 1070 at 2K. The FPS performance isn't amazing on High settings, I had one fight where it tanked really bad, but it's been a steady 40-45 FPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Whoa! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined:

....well now i am kinda glad i didnt spend any money. Free demo saves the day.
    I don't think its really flatlining, this thread isn't the only perception of the game.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It doesn't require them I have a 1080 from evga so it is factory over cloaked. Ge-force Experience say it is optimized and most of the settings are set to high with some on ultra or some off or set lower. Of course the game looks really good with the settings of the latest graphics cards but it still is pretty good with out. But I'm also on a 2012 monitor that is hardly anything good.
    I'm sure it does, but I haven't built a new gaming PC in about 6 years, so I really need/want an upgrade, but I dont want to settle on a last gen graphics card, I just want to get a 3090 or 80 to last me another 5 or 6 years. /cry