Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Oh I agree that they've really dropped the ball, but I still think it's silly for anyone to expect a game released on the heels of the next gen launch, to be optimized for last generation. I can see why they released it for last generation systems but it doesn't mean that it was a good idea to do so. They should have known how demanding the engine is for this game, at some point within the last year they should have been able to recognize that maybe putting the work into it wasn't going to be worth it if the performance wasn't good enough, which it clearly isn't.

Were it me, I'd have probably said that next gen should have been the focus, even when they were delaying the game a year ago. But considering the game crashes a lot on the next gen consoles, it seems like they dropped the ball all across the board.
    No you absolutely should expect a game released on a console towards the end of its lifecycle to be fully optimised. By that time developers should have figured out exactly what it can do and how to make the most of its capabilities. It's not like it is a PC where there's a smooth gradient of upgrades, if the publishers are putting it in a box labelled "Playstation 4" it should be fully optimised for the Playstation 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Cool so we agree, CDPR purposely mislead the public and flat out lie, just to make a sale.
    Did they? How so

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    No you absolutely should expect a game released on a console towards the end of its lifecycle to be fully optimised. By that time developers should have figured out exactly what it can do and how to make the most of its capabilities. It's not like it is a PC where there's a smooth gradient of upgrades, if the publishers are putting it in a box labelled "Playstation 4" it should be fully optimised for the Playstation 4.
    Is that why gta5 ran about the same on the ps3, as cyberpunk is running on the ps4?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't wanna rehash the same thing but clearly the project manager in CDProjektred made A LOT of mistakes. I don't think there was anything malicious, at the most generous take I'll give its damage control but nothing apathetic, I think the devs truly cared but as I said the project managers clearly fucked up thinking the game could be done a year ago or so.

At the end of the day though if you are not bothering with the game at all or don't care...why stick around here?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't wanna rehash the same thing but clearly the project manager in CDProjektred made A LOT of mistakes. I don't think there was anything malicious, at the most generous take I'll give its damage control but nothing apathetic, I think the devs truly cared but as I said the project managers clearly fucked up thinking the game could be done a year ago or so.

At the end of the day though if you are not bothering with the game at all or don't care...why stick around here?
    That is not up to the PMs. Even the departmental director couldn't make the decision.

I was a PM, I still am but in a different field. You don't really have that kind of say-so as a Project Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You clearly didn't watch the video if you think 15fps is perfectly playable.
    I watched the entire video, there is never a point where it gets actually unplayable.

I think people these days seem confuse actual unplayability with "not flawless to look at." They then insert their own unplayability because of their personal reaction to noticing that a transition is occurring between frames, even if that transition is still occurring faster than human response time.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    My opinion on this game is slightly influenced by the poor performance (on PC, actually) but what everyone expected has happened in my opinion, this game was grossly overhyped, part by CDPR and part by the audience themselves.

Frankly I think it's a very "old" generation open world action type game, I'd barely call it a RPG. Yakuza games have more interactable worlds, the AI for basically any NPC is nonexistant or extremely simplistic, there's very little option for self expression from players. I fucking hate how loot works in this game and yet that's probably what makes it qualify as a roleplaying game to some. I'm just a little disappointed and felt like venting, the main story and some sidequests have been pretty good, the writing averages from mediocre to great at times, but I can't shake the feeling this game either needed (considerably) more time in the oven, or they should have realized this entire thing needed to be scaled back and released 2 years ago.

I don't think it's a BAD game but it's in this weird spot to me where it's both a demanding technical game meaning it doesn't run on older PCs and consoles, meaning they fucked up there by essentially hiding that (no console reviews, system requirements are for 30 fps which is very unheard of for PC games) while also being a pretty generic game that has been done before years ago.

Rant over, probably not very coherent but I felt like posting it either way.
    It feels like Witcher 3 with guns. Same general design principles, very similar RPG systems (albeit they go deeper on the customization and skills giving you dialog/interaction options thankfully), same lavish attention given to characters and cutscenes, writing about in the same ballpark, equally good but not great core gameplay, same very beautiful and well crafted but fairly empty and pointless open world, really more or less all TW3's strengths and weaknesses to me are mimicked with worse optimization and technical craftsmanship. But TW3 was five years ago.

Almost feels like they were as complacent from a design perspective as they were ambitious on the technical perspective, so the game's design just cannot hold up its overly numerous technical shortcomings, on consoles especially. I've been lucky so far and got nothing worse than funny visual glitches and one scripting mishap that a quick reload fixed, but the problems are too widespread and severe to be acceptable for a game of such caliber.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I watched the entire video, there is never a point where it gets actually unplayable.

I think people these days seem confuse actual unplayability with "not flawless to look at." They then insert their own unplayability because of their personal reaction to noticing that a transition is occurring between frames, even if that transition is still occurring faster than human response time.
    15 FPS is still pretty fucking bad, console or PC.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Surprisingly most of you blaming CDPR for fucking up console launch and none of you mentioned Microsoft and Sony, both of them 100% knew that game run like shit on the previous console generation but neither of them gave heads up also to warn people before purchase.
    Last edited by Ballistic; 2020-12-12 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Surprisingly most of you blaming CDPR for fucking up console launch and none of you mentioned Microsoft and Sony, both of them 100% knew that game run like shit on the previous console generation but neither of them gave heads up also to warn people before purchase.
    I don't really care which big shitty company is to blame, it's a shit situation in general. Pointing fingers are Sony and Microsoft doesn't really abolish CDPR of anything when CDPR could have absolutely cancelled the old gen games, Microsoft and Sony weren't holding a gun to their heads, ultimately CDPR wanted the cash from the huge install base and they decided selling a product that doesn't run was worth it. One of the big reasons this got delayed was because the game didn't pass certification on old consoles mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    15 FPS is still pretty fucking bad, console or PC.
    Its only half of what you console plebs are used to anyways

Im just really surprised by the numbers of super obvious bugs and issues in the game currently... was there absolutly no beta-test done on that game at all or what? Or was it a similar case that Blizard do with WoW when thousand of people report bugs, they dont fix it and on release when a million people talk about the very same bug reported before, the studio goes like "Oh, we never knew about that bug".
    Makes me wonder what the game looked like back in April for it's original launch date ^^'

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Was it actually advertised to run at a given framerate on a specific platform under specific conditions or even just generally to run at such & such settings? Really?

I'd like to see this monumental error in marketing CDPR would have made if this is in fact true. Otherwise, nah.

That's not even relevant. You don't have any proof of that and there could be any reason they, CDPR, have for not allowing their product to be used in any way they wish. That is actually a right they have, and they don't even have to justify it to you or me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Still within their right to withhold code at their discretion. Anything you draw from that is your own business. Again, they don't even have to explain it to us.

It only lost like $4-6 and sales are great overall. But that is not the concern of anyone not profiting over this game- I don't own CDPR stock. Do you?

- - - Updated - - -

Does it actually say that? And it only needs to play on PS4, it does not have to look or perform in a way you personally deem acceptable. You would never have a case if this what you went to court with- you'd be thrown out most likely.

You just don't have a right to the game performing to what is acceptable to you- you might not like it, you might think it's bullshit. That is fine and dandy. But CDPR doesn't really owe you the framerate or graphical fidelity you desire.
    If you want proof ask any relevant gaming journalist that was refused access to the console versions on the game and had to play it on PC with certain specs so they didnt get any tired faces memes hitting the net before the game released tanking their pre-orders.

Its pretty cut and dry dunno why you are being so hostile about it.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Ok some minor gripes.

1. Why is picking things up such a chore / unresponsive? I feel like I have to stare at them, shuffle around them, crouch, or look away / look back to pick them up.
    2. The game looks great for the most part, but MAN the quality takes a dump as soon as you open up that inventory screen. Why does your character look like a ps2 character there?
    3. Menus. Dear god. Please. Just way too much going on, I have no idea what to look at. Meaningless numbers, unintuitive navigation, information overload.
    4. Car driving is such a pain. Why can car driving never feel easy and responsive in ANY of these kinds of games? Have these people ever driven a car? It's really not that hard.

Just found out they have Converge on the Soundtrack, which makes it 14,3% more awesome.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    If you want proof ask any relevant gaming journalist that was refused access to the console versions on the game and had to play it on PC with certain specs so they didnt get any tired faces memes hitting the net before the game released tanking their pre-orders.

Its pretty cut and dry dunno why you are being so hostile about it.
    You mean the people who didn't get early review access because CDPR didn't want those same people to just bitch about politics instead of actually reviewing their game? Which they still did anyway because sites like Kotaku and Polygon are run by brain addled babies wearing adult sized clothing that do nothing but cry about social justice and try to virtue signal at every opportunity. No shit they prioritized streamers, it makes sense to in order to hype up your product, rather than have those mongoloids trying to shit on it.

You mean the people who didn't get early review access because CDPR didn't want those same people to just bitch about politics instead of actually reviewing their game? Which they still did anyway because sites like Kotaku and Polygon are run by brain addled babies wearing adult sized clothing that do nothing but cry about social justice and try to virtue signal at every opportunity. No shit they prioritized streamers, it makes sense to in order to hype up your product, rather than have those mongoloids trying to shit on it.
    Are you done?

That was a rather pointless and incoherent rant about gaming journalists. Which wasnt even my point.

Businesses should inform you of what you are buying not hide its flaws hoping they never see the light of day.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So far it doesn't seem like it has an effect. I haven't been attacked on sight by anyone unless I was in a hostile area. Even some of the crime scenes I can walk up and start blasting pretty close. But now that I have a smart pistol I have stopped caring about stealth in most cases and just do a scan to double check level since I've died a few times from stopping in a new part of town to do stuff and not realizing that they are so far above my level they will basically one shot me.
    Thanks for the clarification, same for @Jastall, much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post

This exactly. It DIPS down as low as 15 but its not like its running at 15 the entire time and is completely unplayable. Hell the guys at DF even state that there will be a group of players that won't even care the game isn't flawless and will be happy with it. Don't listen to @Jtbrig7390. He's been known to say a game is “literally unplayable” for him if the game runs at 20fps or lower but once its on sale he'll buy it.......

I'd much rather listen to DF's analysis of the game though than the clickbait garbage Yongyea that @Hobb posted. Imagine trying to prove a point using that guy's videos...

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Is it usual for console manufacturers to issue warnings and trash-talk 3rd party developers? I would've thought that was well outside their purview.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they're talking about the fact CDPR didn't give console versions out for anyone to play. Polygon and Kotaku did get early access to the game for review purposes which is how they managed to get their reviews out before launch. If you want to whine about your delicate snowflake feelings being hurt because transgender people are allowed to talk about their experiences with a game that has explicitly used trans people in its marketing at least try to be accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Is it usual for console manufacturers to issue warnings and trash-talk 3rd party developers? I would've thought that was well outside their purview.
    Nope, it's not usual for console manufacturers to trash talk 3d party developers.

The most they care about is more along the lines of "will this brick hardware?" or "is there anything in here that could be an avenue for hacking into the system?"

If someone wants to put an absolutely god awful game on PSN, Sony won't stand in their way like that otherwise.
    Last edited by zealo; 2020-12-12 at 11:11 AM.