Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    Funny, i went through it all and maybe 3 things caused minor issues.
    Depends on your definition of minor issues.

I've had zero game breaking bugs. Worst I've had is when you get sick and your screen goes all fuzzy, it doesn't stop. But all you have to do is auto save and reload.

AI is dumb as fuck, that's a minor issue (traffic AI can be a major issue to many). It's not so bad for combat AI, but still dumb as fuck at times.

The distance cars turn to 2D just makes me cry inside.

Lots of glitches, when driving you will randomly appear out of your car, went to buy a vehicle and it was half underneath the ground, npc's half in a wall. I find the more you look for them, the more you find them.

I was expecting more from random NPCs, but no, it's just standard GTA style, where they do nothing. Worse in most ways, but at least they don't run away and freak out if you stand next to them.

I'm still playing 4K 60fps, with no fps drops at all, so I am happy, I just wish all these bugs didn't exist, as it does break the immersion.

Story is great, most side quests are great as well. To me it's the W3 in a cyberpunk universe, AI is dumb as fuck in the W3 as well, and that still has weird glitches all over the place, and I also remember the launch of that game, was far from smooth.
    Last edited by Tekko; 2020-12-16 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    30 fps isn't smooth - it's playable - that's why it's the target for consoles

40 fps is better than 30fps, but it's not smooth - you're lying - you can clearly see stuttering at 40fps

your argument is like someone saying "I play on 720p so 720p is good"

Sure, it's playable - but let's not pretend it's something that it's not
    No that is just your expectations. I am constantly running wow at 30 fps and it is smooth. I could lower down settings to get 60 but I do prefer better quality with 30fps in practically any games except multiplayer fpses. So yes 40fps is smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No that is just your expectations. I am constantly running wow at 30 fps and it is smooth. I could lower down settings to get 60 but I do prefer better quality with 30fps in practically any games except multiplayer fpses. So yes 40fps is smooth.
    I've tried capping my fps to both WoW and Cyberpunk to 30fps (just to see what it's like) and it's anything but smooth.

Maybe it's because I am used to a decent frame rate.

Hell, I even found Among Us stuttery, until I found if you turned of a setting it unlocked your fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekko View Post
    I've tried capping my fps to both WoW and Cyberpunk to 30fps (just to see what it's like) and it's anything but smooth.

Maybe it's because I am used to a decent frame rate.

Hell, I even found Among Us stuttery, until I found if you turned of a setting it unlocked your fps.
    Like I said, its just because your expectations. I played games for decade for well under 30 fps and to me 30 just feels more natural. I can't watch movies over 30fps.
    If you would play everything on 30fps you would get used to it and say its smooth.

But saying 30fps is not smooth is just objectively false simply because you would have issues watching most of the movies.

Like I said, its just because your expectations. I played games for decade for well under 30 fps and to me 30 just feels more natural. I can't watch movies over 30fps.
    If you would play everything on 30fps you would get used to it and say its smooth.

But saying 30fps is not smooth is just objectively false simply because you would have issues watching most of the movies.
    Just what we are used to then. I've been playing games for a year now on 4K, and when I play a game on a 1080 monitor, it looks blurry (maybe an over exaggeration, but I notice the blurs I don't usually see).

But I disagree, 30fps is not playable for me. I don't have that issue though.

It was the same when I upgraded to an HD TV, thought I didn't need it, didn't notice how good it was until going back to an older TV (just for clarification this is when HD TVs first came out).
    Last edited by Tekko; 2020-12-16 at 03:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Movies and video games are different and shouldn't be compared when it comes to Framrate, look you wanna act like 30 FPS is not janky, thats more on you then anyone else here. Hell I barely noticed 30 FPS for a long time and I realized how good 60 is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Movies and video games are different and shouldn't be compared when it comes to Framrate, look you wanna act like 30 FPS is not janky, thats more on you then anyone else here. Hell I barely noticed 30 FPS for a long time and I realized how good 60 is.
    That is coming from people who don't understand basics as FPS itself isn't what makes game smooth, there is also monitor and game settings.

I recommend watching this first especially when he talks about witcher 3.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yeR...ature=youtu.be
    Especially around 5:30

Long story short, he played W3 on 4h but 30fps with locked framerates to match his monitor refreshrate and make it smoother.
    And properly optimised 30fps lock will be better than poorly done 60fps settings.

That is coming from people who don't understand basics as FPS itself isn't what makes game smooth, there is also monitor and game settings.

I recommend watching this first especially when he talks about witcher 3.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yeR...ature=youtu.be
    Especially around 5:30

Long story short, he played W3 on 4h but 30fps with locked framerates to match his monitor refreshrate and make it smoother.
    And properly optimised 30fps lock will be better than poorly done 60fps settings.
    It's what you're used to man, if you got used to 60fps or more, you would find 30fps horrible.

I also use riva tuner at times, when I've heavily modded games like Skyrim or FO4, I need to reduce frames, anything below 50 is horrible. And lol at him using CS as a game to reduce fps hahaha.
    Last edited by Tekko; 2020-12-16 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Is there any way to hide your hat/helmet? I mean yeesh.

So many little things add up to major annoyances in this game.
    No, there isn't, and it's up there with there being no way to change your face or even your hair in the "why is this very, very basic RPG feature not included again?" list.

I can swap the swords in my arms for a mini rocket launcher in an instant, but heaven forbid I want a haircut, that would just break immersion or something.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    No, there isn't, and it's up there with there being no way to change your face or even your hair in the "why is this very, very basic RPG feature not included again?"
    After creation feature changes isn't a basic RPG feature though since a lot do not have that feature. Even if body modification fits the theme of Cyberpunk it doesn't really need any thing more then hair options. And its not like you see a lot of the character creation features anyways since most will likely choose to play in full armor rather then keep some off for the role play.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    After creation feature changes isn't a basic RPG feature though since a lot do not have that feature. Even if body modification fits the theme of Cyberpunk it doesn't really need any thing more then hair options. And its not like you see a lot of the character creation features anyways since most will likely choose to play in full armor rather then keep some off for the role play.
    It's a FPS, you never see your character outside of sex scenes, looking in a mirror or the final mission. Oh or, photomode.

Which is a good thing, because all the gear you get looks like shit, while everyone else you see in the world has cool looking gear. Really bizzare. Certain gear also makes your shadow look funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    same amount of stuff happening on the screen at the same time.
    Examples? Just wondering what "stuff" you are talking about. City is pretty static when you pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Except Christmas isn't in February. Let's be real, missing the holiday sales is pretty huge, and plenty of games over the last few decades have launched early to get those big holiday sales numbers, then patched the game up within a few months. This is nothing new, and exactly nobody should be surprised at this.
    Monster Hunter World says hi, apparently they missed the memo that they need holiday sales when they released in late Jan and it became the highest selling game in Capcom history. Why is fact checking a lost art before posting random shit that isn't true?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It dipped well below 30fps.
    I've also yet to see a single game with the graphics of Cyberpunk this year or ever and nothing that even has remotly the same amount of stuff happening on the screen at the same time. The ones you mention here are so far behind Cyberpunk it's not even funny. Whatch dogs does look like a game that game out 8 years ago, actually and AC is quite litteraly the same as the last two games in the series (fun but looks the same).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGTNTpuJspo&t=384s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAv-ajC1bWg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X57DfOgG0g Cyberpunk is not even close to being the best looking game on the market. That's either Demon's Souls or Miles Morales on PS5. It's not even close to being the best looking game on PS4, that would be TLOU2 or RDR2. I can't take you serious if you think CDPRs janky ass shit is even close to the total visual package of these games. Somehow Miles Morales shits on Cyberpunk PC version on PS5 yet they still made a playable PS4 version of it that plays at a locked 30 fps. Insomniac aren't wizards, they just don't make janky ass rush jobs like CDPR.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-12-16 at 06:16 AM.

I think I'll put the game on hold for now and start again from the beginning once the major bugs and graphical issues have been ironed out. At this point, I wouldn't mind waiting until there's some more content to make the game world feel more 'lived in' and interactable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Monster Hunter World says hi, apparently they missed the memo that they need holiday sales when they released in late Jan and it became the highest selling game in Capcom history. Why is fact checking a lost art before posting random shit that isn't true?
    Because that doesn't mean that the "Must have holiday sales/we'll sell way more at the holidays" thinking isn't still pervasive at companies all over the place? There's no shortage of "old" thinking persisting in gaming companies all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because that doesn't mean that the "Must have holiday sales/we'll sell way more at the holidays" thinking isn't still pervasive at companies all over the place? There's no shortage of "old" thinking persisting in gaming companies all over the place.
    If you want big sales, it only matters if you are THE GAME for the quarter you launch in, the quarter itself is irrelevant. There is a reason when RDR2 got delayed to holiday season everyone and their momma ducked out and delayed their shit to get the fuck out of the way. Cyberpunk was relevant enough to be a massive event launching in any month, just like MHW was, just like BoTW was, just like RE7, God of War, Ghost, TLOU2, REmake 2, KH3 etc, etc all where.

It is by far definitely NOT the best game of the year. NOT. A. SINGLE. CHANCE. Most aspects of this game are way WAY too out dated.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    It is by far definitely NOT the best game of the year. NOT. A. SINGLE. CHANCE. Most aspects of this game are way WAY too out dated.
    It's because it is unfinished. they talked about so many systems, even showed animations etc that aren't in the final game. Corrupt cops etc too, haha... everything cops do is spawn on your ass. There is no system at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    It's because it is unfinished. they talked about so many systems, even showed animations etc that aren't in the final game. Corrupt cops etc too, haha... everything cops do is spawn on your ass. There is no system at all.
    Yeah. I wouldn't have bought it if I knew the corpo prologue was going to be so short and largely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Or just have enough variety for all, if that really is the case.
    Its not exactly a lewd-game, alot of those available on the internet already... so we should be lucky we even got these scenes.
    The only adult thing about cyberpunk is the world and they made it pretty well, whats with all the sex-ads and other shops and stuff... but that doesnt mean they need to go full hardcore aswell nor give us every possible option. Especially now in 2020... would have taken alot of dev time just to satisfy every gender perfectly.

Im sure modders will eventually do that tho.

Thank you for testing out the alpha guys.

Defintive edition when? Or what do they call this? Game of the Year?

Can't remember - "whatever"-edition they did for Witcher. That's what I'm waiting for.