Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Yikes.

I hope this isn't a one time thing, and that this sends a message to AAA studios.

You. Can. Not. Sell. Customers. Broken. Games. To. Meet. A. Deadline!

The system is horrible. Customers and developers suffering due to the greed of executives, the out of touch market researchers and accountants, and irresponsible managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yikes.

I hope this isn't a one time thing, and that this sends a message to AAA studios.

The system is horrible. Customers and developers suffering due to the greed of executives, the out of touch market researchers and accountants, and irresponsible managers.
    Yeah. They need to stop announcing things so early. If they change major elements of the game, they need to be open and honest about that. I wouldn't have bought the game or even been excited about it if it didn't tempt me with the lifepath system. Which amounted to very little compared to what was promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I'm going to admit aiming was an extreme example, but it was one used for clarity. I understand that things have to get cut (which opens up a whole other conversation about the game's lack of focus) and choices have to be made about what stays in. But if it's in it has to work, ideally up to the standards set by your compeitiors.

I do however take umbrage with this defence I see wholly too often that the game is not trying to be GTA (or at least like GTA). It's an open-world game, with carjacking, criminal behaviour, mission icons, side missions dotted around the map the list goes on.
    You don't get to slap a sickly wheezing 'rpg' shaped bandage over your game and hide behind that (especially when you drop rpg from the game description).
    If you make a game with so many similarities to GTA you invite being compared to gta, if you shape up poorly? As I said before if you want a seat at the table...
    Which brings me back to my first point. The wanted system is worse than the system in gta 3, an almost 20-year-old game.

Compounding the issue is (is suspect) the wanted system is this bad because the driving ai is nonfunctional. Cops can't scream into your location so the only solution is to TP them in behind your camera.
    We could even get into speculation about if it was intended to be more fleshed out but cut (which again I suspect because there was that big max-tec show off at the start but they never feature in the story) or that ad featuring Mr meme himself.
    You say at the top the game has a lack of focus, I'm more impressed by how broad it is than disappointed by how shallow some of the subsystems are. Most of the rest would just be repeating myself. At the end of the day I think the game is pretty fun, and while I get wishing some systems were different, landing on "fun" is rare enough that it's worth celebrating, and worth bearing in mind that if they had invested more in the subsystems you want, the overall game may have suffered.

What do you mean about dropping RPG from their description? Tried looking it up and I'm not seeing the story. Its genre is listed as RPG on Steam, though given everything it wouldn't be surprising if they tried to lie about the genre. It's an RPG primarily - that's not a bandage, it's clearly the core game system. It might be fair to say the game suffered a bit from feature creep, but I dunno. I'd rather the driving systems we have than just teleporting from location to location or whatever they would have gone with instead.

That ad you linked is extremely misleading. He's capturing the spirit of the city in what he says, but giving the impression he's describing the game. It's dodgy as hell. The business lied its ass off about the game (not just in marketing, the console launch looks like a disaster from over here in PCland) and deserve the hate they're getting for doing that. Despite all of that I'll be sad if we never see any kind of DLC or expansions, because there's a lot of good material to work with, it's a shame they weren't honest.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    More like a few months then a year if we go by how PCs are handling it, the game is feature complete.

Probably cause that is waht happened, there was an article going around that seemed to imply a lot of features ended up not making it.
    Yeah, I think they might have gotten to a point where they realized that they'd be years more trying to complete their vision and just couldn't get over the hurdle or were pressured by the shareholders to get it out the door. So maybe if they do a sequel, it'll be more feature complete because now that they have a decent platform to build off of, they can only make it better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they continue to support the game, abandoning it would be well the stuff people get mad at EA(Anthem) for.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yikes.

Ironic actually, seeing how Cyberpunk is basically telling that story.

The game sold like hotcakes, it's still on top of the Steam charts for example and as per CDPR broke even with pre-orders alone. The console refunds might make a bit of a dent in their profits but overall the game will still be a huge money maker. I'd be very, very surprised if it doesn't get DLC of some description, even if it might be delayed a bit by their team working overtime on patches.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Anyone who actually thought that the launch disaster was going to impact DLCs etc was crazy. They're going to do what they can to fix the game, absolutely, and focus on that but any planned DLC is still coming for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation/s...37360184078336

They actually did it. Bad press so loud it made the immovable object give an inch.

edit: Its actually worse than it first appears. Not only is Sony giving no questions asked refunds they have removed the PS4 version from the PSN entirely.

-for comparison Anthem is in the PSN end of year sale right now.

I've enjoyed some janky games in my time and defended them on their merits, but this is next level fanboyism.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its a bit iffy. It now looks like they have even delisted the ps5 version.
    There is no PS5 version. The PS5 plays the PS4 version with boost mode enhancements.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Being the 1 outa 10 people who say "It worked fine for me" helps no one. Congrats.

Also, what did you gain from pre-ordering? Besides giving money to a company who would knowingly release a broken game?
    You put the question out there. I genuinely couldn't care less how broken it is for people on console because I didn't play it there. I played on PC, and I greatly enjoyed my time with the game. In fact, I fully intend to re-play the game several times. As to what I gained from pre-ordering? That's between myself and the company I paid. I got my money's worth, and as far as I'm concerned, the game wasn't broken. I don't give a damn about anyone else's experience, just mine.

If they're serious about fixing the game then the official statements made would acknowledge, without corporate double speak, that it wasn't what was promised. If they want to win me back they need to implement a proper lifepath system that isn't bare bones and they need to add more stuff/choices that doesn't revolve around Johnny. A big ask? Sure - but they already blatantly cut content so they could gush over Keanu Reeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    What do you mean about dropping RPG from their description? Tried looking it up and I'm not seeing the story. Its genre is listed as RPG on Steam, though given everything it wouldn't be surprising if they tried to lie about the genre. It's an RPG primarily - that's not a bandage, it's clearly the core game system. It might be fair to say the game suffered a bit from feature creep, but I dunno. I'd rather the driving systems we have than just teleporting from location to location or whatever they would have gone with instead.

That ad you linked is extremely misleading. He's capturing the spirit of the city in what he says, but giving the impression he's describing the game. It's dodgy as hell. The business lied its ass off about the game (not just in marketing, the console launch looks like a disaster from over here in PCland) and deserve the hate they're getting for doing that. Despite all of that I'll be sad if we never see any kind of DLC or expansions, because there's a lot of good material to work with, it's a shame they weren't honest.
    In June last year, they stopped referring to the game as an RPG and started calling it an action-adventure game, in reality, that was probably because they have a wider audience, I doubt it had any impact on the game's development, I meant it more as another jab at the shifty marketing more than anything else.
    I actually think after the firestorm they have no option but to fix it. Also no matter how much of a fuss people are kicking up over refunds this game will turn a profit, almost every big game does. Normies are like flies on poop when it comes to latest *product* no matter how bad it is.
    Circling back to the the ultimate crux of my point, however, is people pretending the game doesn't have very real issues now because 'everyone's hating on it' is just as unhelpful as hating a popular game just because it's popular.
    It is a shame their grasp exceeded their reach though because cyberpunk is a fertile and under-exploited genre (I'm pretty sure it's just this, deus ex and shadowrun?).

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    You put the question out there. I genuinely couldn't care less how broken it is for people on console because I didn't play it there. I played on PC, and I greatly enjoyed my time with the game. In fact, I fully intend to re-play the game several times. As to what I gained from pre-ordering? That's between myself and the company I paid. I got my money's worth, and as far as I'm concerned, the game wasn't broken. I don't give a damn about anyone else's experience, just mine.
    Just for being such an extra special boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-12-18 at 03:59 AM.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    If they're serious about fixing the game then the official statements made would acknowledge, without corporate double speak, that it wasn't what was promised. If they want to win me back they need to implement a proper lifepath system that isn't bare bones and they need to add more stuff/choices that doesn't revolve around Johnny. A big ask? Sure - but they already blatantly cut content so they could gush over Keanu Reeves.
    They cut content because it was too much to do. I don't think expecting any big overhauls is a realistic thing to expect unless they add an expansion or two.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Game is amazing, only ran into two bugs

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like... when it works, it's a very well made game. It's just that, while I've encountered relatively few glitches, the game crashes about once per two hours if I round up by a bit, on ps5. It's annoying, but not enough to really shelf it. Probably start a fresh run with a different lifepath once the fully realized next gen version comes out.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post

Just for being such an extra special boy
    Just to circle back to my point, the person is sharing their opinion, it isn't any less valuable than the people whining about their bad experiences. Penny Arcade jumped the shark a long time ago with their pissy little fits over nonsense. If someone wants to share that they enjoyed the game, it's useful to other people who could enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love it. This is the biggest problem with people today. "Fuck y'all, got mine."

What replayability does it have? The game worked flawlessly for me however... I fail to see the ability to replay this. It is a linear story where you choices barely matter with little to virtually no RPG aspects related to your life path...

Replay for combat flavour? That gets boring I would totally replay for story but this game doesn't allow that

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    If someone wants to share that they enjoyed the game, it's useful to other people who could enjoy it.
    It isn't about people sharing that they enjoyed the game. It's great if they enjoyed the game.

It's about the people saying "Fuck you, you deserved to get a shitty product" to the people that bought the game for PS4/XBone.