Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I mean, looking at their perfection of the Witcher series from the first one to Witcher 3, the first one was really rudimentary and odd to play, and their design slowly perfected itself. I wonder if we'll see a similar progression if we see Cyberpunk 2078 and Cyberpunk 2079 or whatever.

The only thing that I think is genuinely bad, and not really up to par in terms of implementation outside of bugs is the driving. It, along with the traffic, feels really rudimentary, without much going into it. Cars don't really react well to traffic obstructions, you can feel the polygons in the road as you go over hills and stuff. Cars turning feels a bit odd too. I don't REALLY mind it, because I mostly just use cars as a faster way to get from one point to the other and still look around at the city, but if we see sequels to Cyberpunk 2077, I want them to put work into improving that side of things singificantly.
    I don't know but I'm pretty sure a while back they said that when developement for Cyberpunk 2077 is complete, they will start working on the next Witcher game. Obviously they won't after what just happened but the next game will be a Witcher game regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    all i can say is i hope this opens up their eyes and they become better.
    CDPR is finished. The gaming community though? They'll never learn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Exactly. People are blowing this out of proportion. Yes, the ps4/xbox one version are really bad. They are going to be fixed.

Remember when Bethesda died with Fallout 76? People are going to be all over their dick when they go full steam ahead with marketing Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI.

Remember when Bioware died with ME:Andromeda and Anthem? People are going to be (already are) all over their dick when they go full steam ahead with marketing the next Mass Effect.

So yeah.
    Going to disagree on the part of Bioware. Sure, it technically exists as a company, but it's now part of EA. Meaning that if EA decides that it's done playing with them, it gets tossed in the bin. Currently, I don't think anyone at EA is happy with the disaster of ME:A (I enjoyed the game, but it's launch was just as bad as that of Cyberpunk) or the empty promises for Anthem (which currently has almost nothing but meaningless grinds after the main story). If the next game flops, EA could decide it's done shoveling money into an empty pit. I honestly don't want that to happen, as they made some of the best games I have played, but they've also lost a lot of faith from the communities. ME:A was promised to be some next gen wonder game, same with Anthem and but fell short of those promises by a significant margin. There's just too much of a pattern with these supposed 'next revolutionary game that's going to change gaming forever' were the hype -->subsequent total disappointment and buggy launch kills the game, or puts in directly on life support. ME:A was dropped immediately after launch (EA probably didn't want to salvage that) and Anthem has been bleeding players waiting for any form of an update, which might never come. The only game I can think of that crawled out of the pit of failure is no man's sky ('m out of the loop of fallout 76, last time I heard it was still a dumpster fire but could've recovered?).
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Might of already been posted, but Microsoft and Best Buy are now offering full refunds for Cyberpunk 2077.

https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-an...-2077-refunds/

Edit:
    Also CDPR has clarified their earlier post about emailing them if you're having trouble getting a refund. Stating they will refund you personally for physical and digital copies if you can not obtain a refund.

We’ve just started reaching out to people who sent us a message with a confirmation of receipt. We send these emails out in waves, so don’t worry if you don’t receive an answer immediately,” CDPR writes in its new statement, issued via the official Cyberpunk 2077 Twitter account on Friday afternoon. “At the same time, we’d like you to know that our intention is for every owner of a physical copy, or a digital copy bought at retail, who has valid proof of purchase (and sends us an email at helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com within the time window) to receive a refund. We will do this out of our own pocket if necessary.”
    https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/18/...d-ps4-xbox-one
    Last edited by Hobb; 2020-12-18 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Makes you appreciate the actual difficulty of making games like fallout that allow first and third person shooting
    Kinda sorta. This is more just them not needing to bother with making the part of the body you can't see look good because...they don't have to. It's not as if it's some incredible feat of animation or engineering, but why waste the time on it if the player's never going to see it? I hate to use "cutting corners" because it has a negative connotation, but this was a smart use of resources on their part. Given the state of the rest of the game (at least on console), I wouldn't have wanted them spending time on this anyways.

Exactly. People are blowing this out of proportion. Yes, the ps4/xbox one version are really bad. They are going to be fixed.

Remember when Bethesda died with Fallout 76? People are going to be all over their dick when they go full steam ahead with marketing Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI.

Remember when Bioware died with ME:Andromeda and Anthem? People are going to be (already are) all over their dick when they go full steam ahead with marketing the next Mass Effect.

So yeah.
    Bethesda and EA release games at a far more often rate then once every 4 years. They can afford busts. This won't bankrupt CDPR but you're kidding yourself if you don't think this is massively impacting their bottom line. Just look at their stock tanking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Actually cdpr are now bigger then ubisoft.
    You might want to look at current stock and rethink your comment. They passed Ubisoft in May, their stock since the launch of 2077 has absolutely tanked and they are back well below Ubisoft in market value now.

Ubisoft also has far more dev studios, far more employees and release multiple games a year. CDPR has all their eggs in a single basket, they can survive as a company just off GOG but that would mean massive dev layoffs and they wouldn't exactly be the same company.

I don't know but I'm pretty sure a while back they said that when developement for Cyberpunk 2077 is complete, they will start working on the next Witcher game. Obviously they won't after what just happened but the next game will be a Witcher game regardless.
    Finishing development for them probably does not mean the release though, you could see that with Witcher 3 and this game where the proper development started after they were done with patching Witcher 3 into shape to be GOTY-level. Also, the next game is at present the Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer game, which is a standalone. Obviously, if the single-player tanks hard or causes enough damage, they might reconsider.

Anyway, on the game itself, I played a few more hours and the game still runs fine on a mid-level PC and I am thoroughly enjoying it so far, especially the random events and side-missions. One thing that so far seems expensive to pursuit is the upgrade system. I am breaking down everything I don't need and doesn't give much money and I just don't have enough to upgrade low-level items that are iconic for example, into a useful level for me. I imagine the costs will be trimmed at some stage, otherwise you will just pick a couple of items and get those upgraded only (unless high-level items give a ton of mats).

They are sure taking their time to release another patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I don't understand what your point is here - the devs are objectively at fault and shold be challenged - even if I personally like the game

A product is only worth what the consumer base as a whole says - not just the individual
    So? You as customer should not ever believe in marketing. If years of experience and other people experience didn't teach you to not believe in empty promises then that is on you. Refer to cartman about preordering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV69DyOuzbE

On the other hand if game is working fine for you and you are having blast, then no amount of other people issues should change your mind about it.
    That is just fueling shitstorms.
    Guys my game runs just fine but some other people have issues so fuck the company, big bad evil scum, they lied!

Product worth is personal, definitely not as whole. Something that is good for me can be dogshit someone else or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    On the other hand if game is working fine for you and you are having blast, then no amount of other people issues should change your mind about it.
    That is just fueling shitstorms.
    Guys my game runs just fine but some other people have issues so fuck the company, big bad evil scum, they lied!

Product worth is personal, definitely not as whole. Something that is good for me can be dogshit someone else or vice versa.
    Uh oh we've got another winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Oh, well, that sounds cool too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Why is Shaggy being inconsiderate on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Big big patch inc Dec 21, according to some video game reporters.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/report-ma...xpected-dec-21

So 64.5 hours later I've completed all main & side campaign missions (level 44, street cred 50, hard running a high armor/crit/melee build) with only buying the cars and some of the NCPD hostile cleanups remaining.

My thoughts:

Despite waiting what seems an eternity for the game it should of been delayed further not only because of the previous gen console issues but because of the state of the game as it is currently, sure you can complete the game but it's riddled with bugs which I thought they stated they were hard at work to fix before launch.

One of the most annoying bugs I ran into was using Berserk and doing "superhero landings" sometimes made it so when using Gorilla arms wouldn't throw punches, the amount of times I had to reload a past checkpoint to simply have it functional became irritating.

Now I've completed it I've had a chance to reflect on my experience, it almost seems they played it safe with the title. All the systems are generic, the story I hate to say it is bland and anyone could work out the path the main arc was going waaaay before it was revealed in game. While I haven't played a second play through apart from the obvious decision to make it feels as though even if I had chosen different lines it wouldn't of made much difference, very linear.

And RPGs for me, I need a good story & characters to sink my teeth into and honestly Cyberpunk 2077 had neither of those really, I honestly can't remember much that happened, nothing stood out & this will be an unpopular opinion but casting Keanu completely broke my immersion to the game. I think my most fun moments in the game were with Panam character, the braindance scanning a scene through different layers was probably the only neat thing it's just a shame everything was highlighted for you and wasn't utilized more in the free flowing gameplay.

I don't recall any option (may be an oversight by me) but the fact everything is GPS'ed and indicated on the map makes the sense of exploration feel non-existent.

Played on PC it was surprisingly well optimized which honestly is probably the only real plus I have to say about it.

I'd rate it 6/10, a solid generic RPG but very much overhyped.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2020-12-19 at 01:13 AM.

CDPR had the perfect solo RPG formula with The Witcher 3. Them deciding to go a different direction with Cyberpunk was such a risky decision and didn't seem to pay off. They honestly should have stuck to doing what they do best, which is making narrative RPG's with deep side quests - and added a cyberpunk skin to it.

Quote Originally Posted by madmossy View Post
    It's ok we get it, we know idiots need all the help they can get.

Epilepsy and video games has been a thing since forever, in fact its a thing with television in general, as well as LED light bulbs and anything that has a noticible flicker at a certain frequency (refresh rate etc)

If your an epileptic and you know you are, you should already be well aware of the potential risks, if you need extra help with warnings just in case, then I'm afaid you have bigger problems!
    Wow, did you really call people that may have epilepsy idiots? Most video games and tv programs do not cause epileptic seizures anyway, but flat out calling people that have this disorder idiots is uncalled for. You don't see people here on the forums calling you an idiot for your poor use of grammar and punctuation. Get over yourself.

I don't believe anyone afflicted with it was even asking for the warning label anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Uh oh we've got another winner
    More like a healthy approach, copypasting some dumbass comic doesn't make you right. Companies are not your friend and beliving in santa (empty promises) only makes you look naive, not smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    CDPR had the perfect solo RPG formula with The Witcher 3. Them deciding to go a different direction with Cyberpunk was such a risky decision and didn't seem to pay off. They honestly should have stuck to doing what they do best, which is making narrative RPG's with deep side quests - and added a cyberpunk skin to it.
    i mean, the game is literally a w3 with a better combat system and cyberpunk setting.
    to be fair even a better worldbuilding, ingame ads are frankly one of the best thing i found in any game
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Didn't they saw there's no huge patches until Feb?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Didn't they saw there's no huge patches until Feb?
    Nope - https://www.windowscentral.com/cyber...y-and-february

Smaller fix rolling out before the holidays, but two bigger patches addressing issues in Jan/Feb.

Game was great until I found a pistol that does 800dps, shoots thru walls and goes full auto with a 20rnd mag. I don't even bother with stealth anymore. I just run in and murder everyone and I'm playing on Hard.