Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I found it to be the fastest and easiest thing to level. It was the first skill I maxed out well before I even had any other skill like 1/3rd of the way through.

I did craft and breakdown almost everything I looted though from the start of the game. I thought the Engineering area was going to be great when I looked at potential builds. Mostly because I am a very defensive-minded player and it seemed % scaling armor might be good. It is.

I am nearly unkillable. I have smart guns I crafted that 100% crit kill MOST enemies I face in one hit. I'm immune to fire and shock and all sorts of shit. The game is very easy as a result of the build. I just went full Technical / Intellect. Maxed out Crafting, some Engineer stuff and got Legendary Quickhacks for the passives and shoot through walls Tech Rifle I use as my secondary gun. Smart Submachine Gun, Gorilla Hands and non-lethal Baton are my other weapons. Also I craft homing grenades that do like 1k damage each.

I hide from nothing. I stealth nothing. I fight everything straight up without any regard for anything- cops, baddies, civvies, robots, cars.. they are get mowed down and blasted to bits. Like everything. Sometimes I just walk while shooting directly ahead and just let everything die because it clears a path so effectively. Nothing has even posed a threat to my life bar.
    I'm trying to max out crafting, I disassemble everything I loot and craft but even with that I think I only got crafting to lvl9? technical is at lvl11 or 12 atm. Just part starved at the moment haha.

I was originally trying to full stealth these cuz that's my general playstyle, but it's pretty unrewarding in this one. Did you buy crafting mats or craft a specific pattern to max it ?
    Last edited by prwraith; 2020-12-21 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    What I'm saying is if this is one of the best game you've played, your bar is set pretty low.
    That is not a reasonable statement. Enjoyment is relative and "standard" is entirely personal. I am sure there are games you personally enjoyed that others might think are "low standards" too.

Console drama. Lol. This game sucks ass on PC too.
    I haven't had a single issue with the game on PC. It runs fine once I turned down a few effects but I have a bit of an older card and have done that with other PC games this year too.

Nothing wrong with thinking something isn't good, to you. Not everyone is having the same experience though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I take it you never played the game at all.
    But no, it beats anything that has been released the last 5 years. Beating their own games such as the Witcher (really not as good as people make it out to be), RD2 and so on.
    5 years so up to 2015? You mean it beats anything that has been released since 2015? Is that why CDPR has lost 2 billions, is being sued by shareholders and has attracted a massive amount of criticism for a variety of reasons both in game and outside of it.

What I'm saying is if this is one of the best game you've played, your bar is set pretty low.
    A case of perception honestly. While I don't think it's the greatest game every made or too be made it is very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'm trying to max out crafting, I disassemble everything I loot and craft but even with that I think I only got crafting to lvl9? technical is at lvl11 or 12 atm. Just part starved at the moment haha.

I was originally trying to full stealth these cuz that's my general playstyle, but it's pretty unrewarding in this one. Did you buy crafting mats or craft a specific pattern to max it ?
    No, nothing specific. I just did all the missions in an area and looted EVERYTHING I could see. I even looted and disassembled the food.

I have thousands and thousands of parts and like close to a million cash. Max Street Cred and level 32.

I literally loot everything. I sell nothing. Loot -> Breakdown -> Craft Grendades -> Upgrade Items.

Most of my gear has maxed out armor and mods too. Because I craft and upgrade those too. I can bring the whole city down on me in the Corpo Plaza and stand there with max wanted level, all turrets firing on me AND leash some gangers on me and do nothing and still be healthy. Wouldn't even have to pop a health pack. I can open fire with 2k DPS smart submachine gun and instantly crit shock kill dozens of them in seconds too.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-12-21 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That is not a reasonable statement. Enjoyment is relative and "standard" is entirely personal. I am sure there are games you personally enjoyed that others might think are "low standards" too.

I haven't had a single issue with the game on PC. It runs fine once I turned down a few effects but I have a bit of an older card and have done that with other PC games this year too.

Nothing wrong with thinking something isn't good, to you. Not everyone is having the same experience though.
    The game wasn't meant to be a linear soulless experience. It was sold as something else. Combat, AI, crafting and a myriad of other elements including worldbuilding are lackluster. You can enjoy whatever, but that's just how it is

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    lol i bugged something and now the npc is following me everywhere. its so funny that i dont know what to do, now im fond of him xD

other photos xD https://imgur.com/a/DLkNIFI
    How do you guys post a character picture on front? I can see only first person view. Oh and by the way the game is great. I love it.

You can enjoy whatever, but that's just how it is
    Sure doesn't seem that way. You seem hellbent on convincing people they don't actually enjoy a game they are enjoying. I'm really not sure what your endgame is here other than being "right."

I love the game, and so do MANY other people. That's just how it is.

The game wasn't meant to be a linear soulless experience. It was sold as something else. Combat, AI, crafting and a myriad of other elements including worldbuilding are lackluster. You can enjoy whatever, but that's just how it is
    People have overhyped their products for centuries. As someone who didn't follow pretty much anything related to the game outside the first trailer, I've really enjoyed it so far. People lie and mislead in PR all the time and if you fall for it thats on you. Thats just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    How do you guys post a character picture on front? I can see only first person view. Oh and by the way the game is great. I love it.
    Press the 'N' key on PC - I'm not sure how to do it on consoles

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    photo mode, on pc the default key is "N"
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I'm still waiting on you to explain how only the last gen version is broken when the you can't exit the settings menu on PS5.

You get so upset about people calling the sham of a game what it is, and spout out right lies to defend it.
    You... do know that the actual PS5 version isn't actually out yet, right? And that it comes only next year? Just because a PS4 copy can be played on the PS5 already because the console is backwards compatible doesn't magically make that PS4 copy next-gen. This is a rather bizarre basis for calling @Selastan a liar. Hell, you even flat out admitted it a few posts later, where actually admitting this was more convenient to your point:

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not to mention there isn't even XSX and PS5 versions of the game, they simple run the last gen versions with enhancements in backwards compatibility mode.
    Very consistent and genuine criticism you've got there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    Sure doesn't seem that way. You seem hellbent on convincing people they don't actually enjoy a game they are enjoying. I'm really not sure what your endgame is here other than being "right."

I love the game, and so do MANY other people. That's just how it is.
    That's your opinion. What I said is factual.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    People have overhyped their products for centuries. As someone who didn't follow pretty much anything related to the game outside the first trailer, I've really enjoyed it so far. People lie and mislead in PR all the time and if you fall for it thats on you. Thats just how it is.
    No that's not "on you". It's on them and that's why they're getting sued.

The game wasn't meant to be a linear soulless experience.
    This is completely subjective. There is no quantifiable measure of "soulfulness". Hold up, let me get out my scale to measure the amount of soul in... that's ridiculous.

YOU are making that value judgment, and the measure of it is known only to YOU the precise amount of "soul" the game is lacking.

It was sold as something else.
    Again, who is going to advertise their product as "Just average. Some people might like it though."

Combat, AI, crafting and a myriad of other elements including worldbuilding are lackluster.
    I agree, but "luster" is again subjective.

You can enjoy whatever, but that's just how it is
    It is not. Someone else saying, "I enjoy this thing." literally contradicts an abstract and object notion that it is just one way according to you.

That's your opinion. What I said is factual.

- - - Updated - - -

No that's not "on you". It's on them and that's why they're getting sued.
    Law suits are being considered, they're not being sued yet. Also the lawsuits are for misleading shareholders for financial benefits, not for lying to consumers.

As a consumer it absolutely is your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You... do know that the actual PS5 version isn't actually out yet, right? And that it comes only next year? Just because a PS4 copy can be played on the PS5 already because the console is backwards compatible doesn't magically make that PS4 copy next-gen. This is a rather bizarre basis for calling @Selastan a liar. Hell, you even flat out admitted it a few posts later, where actually admitting this was more convenient to your point:

Very consistent and genuine criticism you've got there.
    Ah yes, the power of the PS4 and it being a last gen version running in BC with boost mode enhancements is a major reason why you can't exit the settings menu. What a genius reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    [MENTION=966622]That's what I'm afraid of, too often do we see companies drop under performing properties rather than just fix them. I'm afraid of CDPR looking at all the hate and toxicity then treating the Cyberpunk franchise as a lost cause. That's why I'm begging people to not give in to the trolling and memes, and just wait it out. Yeah, it sucks and shouldn't have happened, punishing CDPR for their mistakes isn't worth the price of future, better Cyberpunk content.
    They can't do that anyway. It's not like they have tons of games going on rn. The next would be the next Witcher and that's years away.

And the people who say their reputation is "beyond repair". I don't get it. Until when is it "beyond repair". Because if they survive this, meaning not go bankrupt and close office, then they will make another game eventually. When they do, if that game is as good or better than the Witcher 3 without any of the CP2077 shenanigans that have happened in the past 2 weeks then everyone will love them again. Simple as that. Saying their reputation is "beyond repair" is pretty silly.

On the bug side of Cyberpunk, I wonder if anyone will manage to wrangle an answer out of CDPR that we never manage to get out of any developer: namely, why are these bugs here? This is the part I'm always really curious about but it always gets swept under the rug. Were these bugs really not found in QA? Given the volume and severity, that seems unlikely, so what decisions were made? Did devs think the problems were less severe than they really were? I'd really love to see an in-depth post mortem of how the issues at release got a greenlight.

Good thing the game is not a linear soulless experience then.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They can't do that anyway.
    Technically they could. CDPR doesn't have to make games at all. They'd actually probably have less headache and make more money if they devoted their time entirely to GOG, like Valve did with Steam - pop out a few games if the mood strikes them, but otherwise just ride their cash cow.