Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I didn't realize "Europe" was a country. This post is even more silly when you factor in several european countries don't even have a minimum wage, even some in the European Union itself don't. I have no idea how Polish minimum wage works before/after taxes but I can already tell you probably don't either by this post lol.
    Those countries don't have a minimum wage because they have actually well entrenched labour unions that are doing the government's job for them of keeping a minimum floor. There definitely exists a floor for wages in those countries too, albeit by different means than outright legislation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't help but laugh. Linux users still remember the treatment they got from CDPR regarding The Witcher 2, the shit state it was released in. They flat out refused to aplogise and blamed the fans. True, some fans took way too far with abuse but communicatin was nonexistent. So I'm glad others can see now what a shit company CDPR is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    I can't help but laugh. Linux users still remember the treatment they got from CDPR regarding The Witcher 2, the shit state it was released in. They flat out refused to aplogise and blamed the fans. True, some fans took way too far with abuse but communicatin was nonexistent. So I'm glad others can see now what a shit company CDPR is.
    Or ya know, they can just stick to making games PC exclusive like they used to, since only idiots waste their time making games work on Linux and Mac these days. Niche markets and limited hardware support should be good enough reasons never to support those platforms with video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    only idiots waste their time making games work on Linux and Mac these days.
    "These days"

Witcher 2 came out nearly a decade ago, and linux support was way more important back then. You sure got him with that reply!

Or ya know, they can just stick to making games PC exclusive like they used to, since only idiots waste their time making games work on Linux and Mac these days. Niche markets and limited hardware support should be good enough reasons never to support those platforms with video games.
    So they should stick to windows and just lie to those gamers instead of releasing on other platforms and lie to more people?

Solid argument mate.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    You know you've fucked up when Crowbcat crawls out of the woodwork to make a video about your game.

This looks like alpha footage but it's real game lulz
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    This looks like alpha footage but it's real game lulz
    Not a single second of the game looked like that on my PC, our PS5, or on Stadia or Geforce Now.

10+ Year Old Account
    PC exclusive means Linux and Mac. I don't need to waste time to make my games work on Linux, the only games that have problems are the ones with anti-cheating which I personally don't play. I don't understand this limited hardware support, the only thing may be AMD graphic cards software drivers which are shit on Windows too.
    There's a lot of companies that make Linux native games and for some reason they are doing well, shocking I know but try to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Not a single second of the game looked like that on my PC, our PS5, or on Stadia or Geforce Now.
    I have 86 hours logged on a PS4 pro, my GF has another 90ish. I've played the hell out of it over the holidays with not many fixes beyond the day one patch.

Is it buggy? Yes.

Is it gltichy? Yes.

Does it crash? Yes. I've had probably ten or so crashes, a couple at really annoying times.

Is it unplayable? Sure, if you are dramatic fucking princess who never actually played the Witcher 3 when it came out and before it was patched a few dozen times.

The game is fine. I just find it not to be quite as replayable as I expected it to be. This is something I fully expect to change once the DLCs start landing.

- - - Updated - - -

Linux
    I swear to God, Linux users are the Vegans of computers, and just as obnoxious.

10+ Year Old Account
    PC exclusive means Linux and Mac. I don't need to waste time to make my games work on Linux, the only games that have problems are the ones with anti-cheating which I personally don't play. I don't understand this limited hardware support, the only thing may be AMD graphic cards software drivers which are shit on Windows too.
    There's a lot of companies that make Linux native games and for some reason they are doing well, shocking I know but try to keep up.
    Calm your tits dude you seem to have an axe to grind. Like its one thing to go after CDProjektred for mismanagement and crunch but going on your personal rant about Linux somehow makes them shitty? Ok dude
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Calm your tits dude you seem to have an axe to grind. Like its one thing to go after CDProjektred for mismanagement and crunch but going on your personal rant about Linux somehow makes them shitty? Ok dude
    What do you mean calm my tits...stop projecting your own rage on me. The history makes them shity, a ladder of bad decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Same here. Similarly to all those oblivion glitches people memed for decades i never seen any of that in my own playthrough.

The biggest glitches i had in CP were random T-posers, some weird physics on uneven ground and sometimes phone calls glitched so first part was silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Same here. Similarly to all those oblivion glitches people memed for decades i never seen any of that in my own playthrough.

The biggest glitches i had in CP were random T-posers, some weird physics on uneven ground and sometimes phone calls glitched so first part was silent.
    I know it sounds like I"m justifying things, but all except for one or two of the glitches I've experienced have honestly enhanced the experience. I kind of hope they don't fix the little curve near V's apartment where all the cars crash into the barrier and yell at you. It'll be like the silly-walk crate carrying guy in Witcher 3, or how I feel compelled to rescue npcs that get stuck to each other and walk around in circles.

I think the best ones have been 1. my motorcycle being summoned, me approaching it and it then accelerating and driving off without me, 2. summoning a car, and having it spawn inside another car, blast through that car, making it explode, and then pull up next to me completely trashed and on fire, acting like there's absolutely nothing wrong, and 3. finding this insane car geyser out near some intersection in the desert, that just spawns and rockets cars out of the ground, making a pile of them while a few npcs stand there and comment disapprovingly.

Oh yeah, and some bad guy was charging me, tripped over some lady I shot, and then died.
    Last edited by Polyxo; 2021-01-18 at 11:54 AM.

So I finally finished the game, all endings, full completion, yada yada.
    What can I say is that not reading anything on the internet was a very good idea. All the clickbaiters like YongYea and others suddenly doing a 180% after basically shilling until then was quite funny. But ok, I understand them, they earn money with that. But others who I think literally just searched for anything buggy they could find were incredibly annoying.
    Older consoles though? Fucked without a doubt.

The OK:

1. Graphics. Duh. This is, without a doubt, one of the most visually impressive games mades and the best fantasy city ever created. It looks and feels absolutely realistic (I am ignoring NPC's, this is purely architecture/geometry/call it whatever you want). Cyberpunk atmosphere was nailed.
    2. Story - mostly the main story and main sidequests were ok, main characters were likable/hateable
    3. Gunplay - the guns are fun, they feel good, they sound good.
    4. You can shoot your way through, you can hack your way through, you can (like 90% of the time) stealth your way through OR you can mix all that together.
    5. Driving is OKayish (I thought it would be worse), stealth is passable. Cars and bikes are amazingly detailed.
    6. Soundtrack - probably best I personally have heard, both the radio and background/fight music. Someone really good also did subtle dark/creepy background music on the serious quests which set the mood perfectly.
    7. Whoever worked on the photomode deserves a hefty bonus.

The not so OK:

The game is... ~70% complete. They made this awesome city and... it stopped. It can be felt in everything - short prologues without later impact, lack of real choices aside from endings, the nonexistant police system, the lack of interactability in the world (all those unusable vendors, benches, your actions do not leave consequences, etc.) the lack of polish in NPC's. One thing to note - no one should expect to talk to randoms in real life. I mostly ignored them, yet their dumbness can be felt.
    Peralez and other sidequests seemed to end too abruptly. Gigs were mostly weak ass, with no impact.
    Customization for yourself in-game? For cars? What is that? Nudity was even censored. Cyberware was pure upgrade and without visual effects aside on hands.
    Lack of romances. Even lack of joytoys in this universe? WTF

Either they ran out of time and cut things, or never started them in the first place. Building static buildings is easier than the dynamic part of the game.

Bugs - PC definitely wins - never had a crash, saw T-pose like... after 60%+ played, mostly did not notice some of the dumb shit, performance was fine on my mediumish PC. I have a feeling half of players on PC did not even update the drivers in the first place...
    Same NPC's? Honestly, almost never ever saw them - I have a feeling it might depend on the graphics settings, on weaker PCs there might be premade chars, on higher - some randomization is added. Same goes for cars. Consoles had it worse, obviously

So yes, I enjoyed it (120h or so in). Buggy and unfinished? Yes, sadly.
    I do not know - If, IF it gets NMS treatment? A lot can be forgiven.
    But the last great hope in game industry, CDPR, did lie and did fuck up. Even apology, though nice, had glaring holes in it (you really thought it was ready?) And yesterday the lead guy in charge said on Twitter that car attack system was totally in game. Dude, what? Outside of two scripted sequences, where????

7+/10. Zero regrets buying CE (it is a really nice CE...), but dissapointment will stay with me. Let's see what this year brings.
    P.S.
    But seriously though - fuck the influencers and others - CDPR did bad, does not mean you gotta do the same bullshit from the opposite side. Think and decide for yourselves.
    Last edited by Easo; 2021-01-18 at 12:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Reading the message from CDPR, and this bit from the Bloomberg article:

I'm going to have to call a hard stop on that "blaming remote work for bugs" angle. My company has been working from home for 8, 9 months now? We've doubled our profits since last year. We work in computer vision systems, so 80% of our development is with cameras and microcontrollers - ie, physical components that are impractical to work on outside of the office. We remote in to our work computers, or if absolutely necessary, schedule a time that we can safely enter the office without rubbing elbows with other people. In fact, why are they running their builds on their home computers at all? Who does that? You remote in to the office. I'm equally shocked that a dev office would even let builds be accessible off-property.
    To explain even more how ridiculous this is, I work for a AAA Game Developer and outside of a few console features that are hard to do remotely, we have full access to every console imaginable to remote into. This sounds like really poor management on their part if they didn't give their devs access to consoles. I mean hell, when we got Next Gen kits they let us take them home until recently when they figured out a decent solution for remoting into them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Oh yeah, and some bad guy was charging me, tripped over some lady I shot, and then died.
    I assumed that tripping over corpses was actually intentional (and hilarious).

Pretty accurate to depiction how my PC version worked tho', bug after bug
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I assumed that tripping over corpses was actually intentional (and hilarious).
    Because it is, it actually is a feature, not a bug. Can be used against melee charging enemies, those who do blurry zig-zags.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Reading the message from CDPR, and this bit from the Bloomberg article:

I'm going to have to call a hard stop on that "blaming remote work for bugs" angle. My company has been working from home for 8, 9 months now? We've doubled our profits since last year. We work in computer vision systems, so 80% of our development is with cameras and microcontrollers - ie, physical components that are impractical to work on outside of the office. We remote in to our work computers, or if absolutely necessary, schedule a time that we can safely enter the office without rubbing elbows with other people. In fact, why are they running their builds on their home computers at all? Who does that? You remote in to the office. I'm equally shocked that a dev office would even let builds be accessible off-property.
    I think yes and no to that. I mean, yes, there are ways around it, but that doesn't mean they successfully found their way around it. I think remote work definitely affected their work on the game. I think they failed to adapt as well as they could to covid. CD Projekt RED strikes me as a company that isn't the most buttoned down corporation with the most well thought out process. I don't think they've EVER been that company, and I don't think they ever will be. They're enthusiastic tryhards who aim really high, produce some really compelling stuff, but that leaves them vulnerable to overshooting what they're capable of, and having a kind of scattershot development cycle, which I think both happened with Cyberpunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished it about a week ago. In a word, forgettable. I mean, I poured around 90-100 hours in it, so I enjoyed it to a degree, but since completing it, I haven’t thought about it once, like in any way, until I started writing this.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect